• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lyn (Fire Emblem) Discussion Thread

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Sakurai said he is trying to aim for everyone including western fans that's why Lyn should be added before Eliwuss who has a pansy rapier and even Hector who has a kick arse wolf biel. Lyn is the coolest Fire Emblem lord ever.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I made this before Brawl attacks existed.. I haven't thought about one yet but... howabout her blade lord critical with the Sol Katti?

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
A very impressive and detailed moveset Hedgedawg. I love your idea for the B down move to be an illusion dodge. The Sol Katti critical would be the best remaining option for a super smash attack unless they created something entirly new for it.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Really? Down B was the hardest one for me to come up with. The others just kinda came to me.

I love this moveset though, it's my masterpiece

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Well, iy is just a sugestion, if SSB:B has a lyn with an identical movest, I'll be more than shocked... I thought that the large amount of hits would be acceptable though since
a) the move is difficult to connect with
b) none of the hits is that stong
c) The move has little to no knockback

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Your movelist has a fairly good chance of being what Nintendo actually decides to do!

My top picks for SSBB are Lyn and Forte.EXE, so I really hope so.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Lyn tops my list as well, closely followed by Krystal with Toad keeping in close tow

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Probably not to the same extent, but, yeah, Lyn is massively speedy... quicker than marth at least

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
She's gotta be a tad weker though since her "B" moves are so much better and more versitle

TheAceOfSmash

Smash Apprentice
Well, in FE 7, when she class changes, she's able to use a bow. I don't know if that will make any difference. But i think she should be in brawl. She's hawt. <3 ^^

TheAceOfSmash

Smash Apprentice
If people are so against sword-smashers, I would put Lyn in Brawl, but with a short sword. Meaning shorter range. And a type of samurai swordplay.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
She uses the mani katti. She's going to get put in with her sword if she gets put in at all. The mani katti is much like a katana but a little smaller I think

TheAceOfSmash

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it is. I think the Mani Katti would suffice. And having an abstract or just different swordplay would make her more fun to play with.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
i dont get what is so horrible about sword smashers. it pisses me off when i hear, "we dont need any more swords!!!! etc, etc." Its not like having a sword gives you the exact moveset of someone else with one.

idiots...the whole lot of them.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
I think its beacuse Link, Marth and Roy had them in Melee. Then there is Metaknight who has been seen with one and people saying how ganondorf has to use his sword...

Thus the conspiracy of too many sword users begins and thus people begin to panic about them.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
can anyone edit this onto the first page?
Lady Lyndis
after a grueling 3 minutes on MS paint, I created this. Sorry about the B move, it looks kinda crazy.

The "B" is supposed to look a little more like this:

↑B Katti Dive- Lyn leaps straight up into the air (as high as zelda's farore's wind technique) with lightnig quicknes and once she reaches her zenith, she stays hovering for a brief second, at this point, you decidewhether you want Lyn to plumet staraight down, back at a 45º angle, or forward at a 45º angle with a tilt (or lack there-of) with the control stick. she will then (after the fraction of a second suspended), plummet at an equal speed downward, slashing with her sword anyone she touches, doing 10-25 damage and shooting the people off at fairly upward angles

B Kwik Katti- Lyn holds the sword in a ready position and starts to glow, the longer you hold doen "B" the more feircly she glows. When realesed, she'll strike with her katti multiple times, catching in the blows anyone within range. She can strike a max. of 13 times and a min. of 1, doing 1-5 damage with each hit. Good for racking up damage, but a poor idea for knocking an opponent off. She'll remain charging until the button is released.

↔B Sacaean Bow- Lyn releases an arrow quickly, someone with a quick hand at the "B" button can tap it repeatedly one the bow is out and she can shoot 7 arrows before putting the bow back. these arrows are week (1-7 dammage), but are fast and will go through anything until it hits solid terrain or goes of the edge. the arrows fly fairly straight

↓B Lightning dodge- Lyn splits into five silouhets (sp?) breifly. Any attack passes through them, and if you are standing where the sillouhets meet when they merge, lyn will automatically hit you with a swift, fully charged upward slash. (17-25 dmg.)

(A attacks use primarily mani katti which does more dmage with slashes than stabs and thrusts. Does most damage in center, mid near hilt and least near tip, but difference in damage is minimal)

A= Backhanded horizontal slice
A (2nd)= Forehand horizontal slice
A (3rd)= Turn back toward enemy while slicing backhanded horizontally
A (Continuous)= Turn back toward enemy while slicing forehanded/backhanded (alternating) horizontally.

A (while dashing)= Kneeling horizontal slice.

↔+A= Upwards diagonal crescent slice
Smash↔+A= Hop forwards and thrust sword simultaneously
(Press A again after smash attack)= Hop forwards again with a POWERFUL downwards diagonal slice.

↑+A= Upwards funnel swing.
Smash↑+A= Full Arc swing (Full extension on both sides and apex or zenith of attack. This means that it is a fairly good protective move)

↓+A= Full downward, diagonal, backhand swing. Hits high behind Lyn, and low in front of her.
Smash↓+A= Top spin. Rapidly makes 3 full revolutions hitting low with Mani Katti all 6 times (three in front, three in rear)

Midair:
A= Full Circle Swing (“O” shaped swing that quickly and completely surrounds body once)
→+A= Upwards, vertical arc swing.
←+A= Quarter slash (begins above and slightly ahead of Lyn. Arcs down and halts parallel with ground completing slightly over a quarter of a circle with a counterclockwise swing)
↑+A= Double 120° swing (slices clockwise and then counter clockwise covering a third of a full circle each time)
↓+A= Fan slash (Stabs downwards 3 times(1st diagonally back and down, 2nd straight down (meteor smash) 3rd diagonally forward and down) These mimic a fan’s spines. A final, quarter slash downwards completes attack)

Z= Grab (nothing flashy)
While holding:
A= Gut stab
→+A= Vertical-sword smash (smash forward with a perpendicularly held sword)
←+A= Impaling arc (impale foe with sword and, in an arcing motion, swings foe overhead releasing him in backwards direction)
↑+A= Impale n’ flick (impale enemy, raise aloft, then flick wrist and send enemy a small distance)
↓+A= Rotating blade (Throw foe on ground and jump on him wile spinning like a top with blade held parallel with ground below Lyn. Sort of grinds enemy)

Speed: 8
Power: 5
Size: 7
Jump: 6
Durability: 5
Projectile or Melee: Melee

I'm not sure that I like the mechanics of the ↑B attack.
It doesn't help you grab an edge unless you are almost directly below it.
Another option is sending lyn out diagonally, and then straight down, but then it really loses the element of surprise when you use it to attack an enemy. plus it makes it hard to grab the edge if you are right under it.
The best option is probably somewhere in between having a slight curvature before the zenith and much more exagerated afterwards.
Here are the three possible trajectories in order (obviously, straight up and down remains unchaged.). I prefer the last

I think that it bears mentioning where I got the inspiration for her atacks.

↑B = Lyn's basic atack as a blade lord with the Sol Katti
B = Lyn's critical as a lord
↔B =Lyn's basic attack as blade lord with any bow
↓B = Lyn's critical as a blade lord with Mani Katti

Lyn: This aggressive female is very comparable to Krystal. The only real difference between the uses of the two is this: Krystal has better reach and more potent “B” button moves. Lyn is slightly better in all other stats, however. This leads to Lyn having much less emphasis on special attacks and being a much better melee combatant. Lyn’s sword, the Mani Katti, is a great weapon all around and can be used effectively at any distance within range; however, the many varied attacks of this sword result in one or two attacks that are best suited for each distance at which the sword can make contact. For example, her SMASH→A+A is the best attack to use when foe is at max possible range. Her ↓A excels at closest possible range. She is a great around fighter and an expert with careful practice can turn her into a lethal competitor.

If aggressive: You are in luck. Lyn is an excellent competitor. Her lightning fast moves and decent range can giver her the upper hand in almost any match up. She is best in one-on-one battles, however, so if enemies swarm, wield Lyn’s sword with surgical precision to break them up. Then use her awesome speed to dash from enemy to enemy being sure to quickly retreat to deal with enemies closing in from behind. Once you are no longer surrounded, maintain a constant assault to keep combatants on their toes. A great offense is the best defense.

If defensive: You have a slightly more difficult time playing Lyn than Krystal, but have no fear. Lyn can easily adapt to this game play style too. Lyn’s Sacaen bow is weak, and only attacks in one direction, but it’s as good a distance attack as any. Lyn’s great speed allows her to quickly retreat as well, and her swift swashbuckling allows her to quickly cut an escape route through the least dangerous direction while on the dash. This style of fighting makes the enemies come to Lyn one by one, which is just the way that she likes it.

If you love to be in the melee: use the strategy mentioned above to break up fighters into a more manageable orientation or arrangement. In a melee, however, Lyn’s special moves gain enormous potency. Lyn’s ↑B allows her to make a statement when she enters the fray, and that statement is “pain”. It won’t allow her as effective an escape as Krystal’s ↑B, however. Lyn’s ↔B allows her to cause massive disruption to a fray without actually entering it. If you can catch all 3 opponents in Lyn’s fully charged B move, you can easily rack up damage on all competitors (best used just out side of fray). Lyn’s down B move only does extreme damage to an opponent caught right where her silhouettes converge, but when used in a conglomeration of foes, it is bound to cause max damage to at least one of them. It’s the same basic concept as jigglypuff’s ↓B attack in a fray, but with much less vulnerability. Lyn can ALWAYS be used effectively, but it takes a truly skillful player to unleash her true potential; otherwise, her comparative frailty for someone of her tall stature makes her an easy target for a KO.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'd much rather see a more important Fire Emblem character in Brawl, especially one from an older game or a character that doesn't use a sword.

Top Bottom