• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lyn (Fire Emblem) Discussion Thread

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, I love Lyn and all, but yea, another sword-fighting person?
They'd have to totally trick out her moves and make them way different.

Or they could put in Hector, since he'd definitely be different.
Or Rebecca. But I've just got a weak spot for Rebecca.

But Lyn is really cool. I'd put her in before Ike in an instant. Ike looks like a clone of Roy and Marth put together.

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
Not too many sword-weilding people, I say...I think it would be better to have her replace Roy, or if she is coming in without replacing, have a different moveset at least. =P

Dokuro

Smash Ace
I want Lyn to be in SSBB mainly because we need more female characters and because Fire Emblem is an awesome game :D

she is also hot :DDD

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
She is my favorite Fire Emblem character possibility, but somewhere around here is a thread about the results of the Smash Bros Dojo poll, and Lyn got few, if any, votes unfortunately...

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
Also, to everyone who says she would be a clone of Marth and Roy or would be just another sword fighter, try reading translations of Sakurai's poll answers.
In one of them he says some characters (probably clones) will be dropped or their moves will be edited.
Obviously, new additions would then have their own moves as well...

icymatt

Smash Lord
Actually, Lyn was never mentioned on Sakurai's site. Don't worry, though, Lyn still has a chance, as the site only had 300 of 100000+ letters.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Lyn for Brawl yet she is falling behind, so I needed to post. Why don't people support Lyn for Brawl she is quite popular?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
What? Since when did camo-man post in the Brawl Character Disc.?

I thought Smash Child was going to be changed to Smash Newb too.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
I'll gladly support Lyn for Brawl. :) A great Fire Emblem character and a great choice for increasing the number of female smashers.

I'm too lazy to think of a moveset for her right now (not to mentioned unskilled at them) but I did think of something that could make her a bit more unique so she wouldn't end up a clone.

In her fire emblem game, Lyn used a special weapon through out known as the Mani Katti. It was a sword that only she could use. However, during the last chapter she also received a more powerful sword known as the Sol Katti. The Mani Katti is a smaller type blade while the Sol Katti is a more traditional style one with a longer lenght. (don't quote me on this. I'm not 100% sure).

Anyway, my idea is that maybe Lyn could use both her swords. Like having the Mani Katti for her A button attacks while the Sol Katti is reserved for some of her B special attacks. Or, maybe she could be able to switch between the two swords, possibiliy as a B Down move. Each sword would have a different style, reach, and do different amounts of damage, plus add a new aspect of strategy in using her.

Just a random idea. Having two swords and the ability to use a bow, which would hopefully be made different from Link's, might gave Lyn enough uniqueness and depth to be included as a character.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Lyn is my first choice of all the Fire Emblem characters to get in Brawl. She is in my top 5. She would add a lot to the game. It would make the people who want another swordsman happy, and the people who want more female characters.

I'll gladly support Lyn for Brawl. :) A great Fire Emblem character and a great choice for increasing the number of female smashers.

I'm too lazy to think of a moveset for her right now (not to mentioned unskilled at them) but I did think of something that could make her a bit more unique so she wouldn't end up a clone.

In her fire emblem game, Lyn used a special weapon through out known as the Mani Katti. It was a sword that only she could use. However, during the last chapter she also received a more powerful sword known as the Sol Katti. The Mani Katti is a smaller type blade while the Sol Katti is a more traditional style one with a longer lenght. (don't quote me on this. I'm not 100% sure).

Anyway, my idea is that maybe Lyn could use both her swords. Like having the Mani Katti for her A button attacks while the Sol Katti is reserved for some of her B special attacks. Or, maybe she could be able to switch between the two swords, possibiliy as a B Down move. Each sword would have a different style, reach, and do different amounts of damage, plus add a new aspect of strategy in using her.

Just a random idea. Having two swords and the ability to use a bow, which would hopefully be made different from Link's, might gave Lyn enough uniqueness and depth to be included as a character.

Your infomation is correct.

Lyn is #1 on my list,i can already imagine her Brawl attack...The Blade Lord Critical Hit.

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
I'm really hoping that they put Lyn in SSBB...it would be good to see a character that doesn't have a counter part for once :Bigthumbu

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Are you serious!?!? Sain beats the cr*p out of Kent.

When Lords get their special weapons, their attack animation is changed, albeit sometimes just slightly. I think I saw a clip of Roy from FE6, when he's using his Sword of Seals, and I doubt that's how he attacks with normal weapons. So, in Melee, his moves are those assumed to be in relation to his attacks with the Sword of Seals.

Now, Hector's and Eliwood's attacks didn't change when they used their special weapons. Well, I'm sure about Eliwood, but not so much about Hector. Yet, Lyn's attacks and criticals changed drastically when using Sol Katti. So her moves will be more focused on which weapon they give her.

BTW: Did anyone else's Lyn get WORSE when she would use Sol Katti or was that just mine? I found it freaky and HECTOR could double attack her. I was quite shocked.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Marshigio said:
What? Since when did camo-man post in the Brawl Character Disc.?

I thought Smash Child was going to be changed to Smash Newb too.
What's that supposed to mean?

Lyn and win rhyme, so she should be a sure choice. :chuckle:

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Lyn's my #1 choice for a FE female character, but I have a feeling FE4's Ayra has a better chance, as she's the most popular FE female character in Japan, and it's really the Japanese fanbase that holds the fate of anything concerning FE...

Lyn's my #1 choice for a FE female character, but I have a feeling FE4's Ayra has a better chance, as she's the most popular FE female character in Japan, and it's really the Japanese fanbase that holds the fate of anything concerning FE...
Well,Sakurai might take the US into consideration due to the fact that it has become more popular out here...but that's just a maybe.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
I think from FE7 I wouldn't mind seeing Lyn, but I'd rather see Hector. I know Kent will never get in, lol, but out of Lyn/Hector I'd say it's a pretty even shot. Too many swordies.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I think from FE7 I wouldn't mind seeing Lyn, but I'd rather see Hector. I know Kent will never get in, lol, but out of Lyn/Hector I'd say it's a pretty even shot. Too many swordies.
Lyn will be in before Hector will. Plus there arnt too many swordsman. There are 4 in melee, and 21 non swordsman. That is not too many. Swords are popular though.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Lyn will be in before Hector will. Plus there arnt too many swordsman. There are 4 in melee, and 21 non swordsman. That is not too many. Swords are popular though.
Hector is a better character, and there sort of are going to be too many swordsman in Brawl. A potential of 8 or more.

I say Hector is a better characte than Lyn as a fact, by the way. Even before he's a Great Lord, a well rounded Hector can defeat armies on his own without really being damaged himself, at all. And if he is damaged, heh, he has one of the highest HP totals in the game, anyway. Hector is one of the strongest Lords in the FE series, next to the likes of Sigurd.

I don't know how popular either are in Japan, though. Here, they put Lyn on all the ads in magazines and the like, but oh well. She's still a good character, don't get me wrong, I like Lyn and it'd be cool to see her in Smash, but I'd rather Hector and Sigurd.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
In a FE7 character poll in japan, Heres the top 5

Nino
Eliwood
Hector
Erk
Marcus

Lyn was #6(this is what Sakurai meant in characters liked in america but not in japan, and ike beingone that both liked)

Lyn wasnt apreciatted in Japan cause of the first ten chapters(which only could be skipped with two GBAs , FE6 ,and a link cable...)

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I dont get what is so wrong with sword fighters. With the amount of characters in Brawl, a few swords wont hurt. And roy should NOT be dropped (except for eliwood). Marth is much cheaper and not nearly as cool (sure, call me a noob now). And stop saying that roy is a marth clone, marth is really a roy clone, so marth should be dropped :p

Actually, I'd be really mad if anyone was dropped. It cant be that hard to edit in some original moves, can it??

I dont get what is so wrong with sword fighters. With the amount of characters in Brawl, a few swords wont hurt. And roy should NOT be dropped (except for eliwood). Marth is much cheaper and not nearly as cool (sure, call me a noob now). And stop saying that roy is a marth clone, marth is really a roy clone, so marth should be dropped :p

Actually, I'd be really mad if anyone was dropped. It cant be that hard to edit in some original moves, can it??
Um,FE1 came before FE6,so who's the clone??Roy.

But i really want Lyn in brawl,it would alo please the players who want more females in smash,and the FE fans in the US.

She was the first lord in the US. so that's perfect.=)

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
:confused: Marth is REALLY the clone, EVERY...ONE...OF...YOU....is in denial. :confused:

Lyn would be really sweet, I could see a cooler, revamped DED for Lyn.

Fire Emblem Roster:
1) Lyn OR Hector.
2) Arbitrary Japanese Lord [why can't we say the abbrev. for Japanese?].
-The populars are Sigurd, Celice, Marth [Bleh!].
3) Anyone who is NOT Ike. Ike is such a loser.
*If time: 4) Repeat #3, possibly Sacred Stones lord.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Lyn's my most wanted FE lord, though I guess her chances depend on how far Sakurai looks out of Japan. Seeing as it's likely Roy will be dropped, I can see 2-3 new FE caracters, so they could add her for the audience outside Japan.

That said, because FE7 was the first FE to be released outside Japan, they may add a lord from it.

Top Bottom