• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lyn (Fire Emblem) Discussion Thread

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
Lyn and Hector were always both equally strong in one way or another. Although Hector would be nice because he has an axe, lyns swiftness would make her a fun character

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
i also agree aswell too. I would love to see hector because he has an axe and that is different, and lyn would also be a cool addition to the swordsmen in the game.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Lyn and Hector were always both equally strong in one way or another. Although Hector would be nice because he has an axe, lyns swiftness would make her a fun character
Eh, not true at all. Hector ends up being much better than Lyn.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
True. Hector is practically the best unit in the game. I remember in one level he practically took on half of the enemy units and barely had a scratch.

Lyn's kind of a fusion of Guy and Rebecca when she's a blade lord, and is one of the better units in the game, unless you give her the Sol Katti as for some odd reason it makes her worse.

Eliwood just never worked out for me, he always seemed a liability compared to the other lords.

As much as I'd love Lyn to be in Brawl, part of me thinks it won't happen. With all the games in the FE series, I don't think they'll take more than one from each title, and if Sakurai does choose a character from FE7, I think that Hector's uniqueness will give him the edge. Even if there are 4 slots for FE characters (which I think there's a good chance of), Lyn has a lot of competition for the brawl spot.

Tera253

Smash Ace
Lyn would be an excellent character to play as. It would be 10 times cooler if she was a fast-faller. all 4 feminine chracters (ICs don't count since it's only half) were the 4 floatiest in the game.
1. Peach
2. Jiggs
3. Zelda
4. Samus

see?
(on that note, Krystal would make an excellent fast-faller.)
Lyn for the win! (rhyme!)

~Tera253~

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Oh yes, I definately support Lyn. If they remove Roy, which they probably will, then I want either Lyn or Ike to take his place... though I am sure most of us would rather see Lyn, Ike could still be good..

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
I´m a big Lyn supporter myself. She can use both a bow and a sword, opening up a number of options for her moveset to set her apart from Marth. She was the first Fire Emblem lord to speak English, and is one of the few characters of the franchise who is recognized internationally. She´s also a female character, which the game lacks, and as I said with Celes fits the hawt girl archetype.

So yeah, Lyn for Brawl.

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
Lyn's super would be sweet if it's the Blade Lord attack. But, I unno whether she should use the mani katti or the sol katti. Either way, I'm for it (though she'll replace roy, who I'm better with atm)

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
it would be cool if she could angle her arrows...

like hold B and move the control stick up or down...

Wilshire

Smash Rookie
si do think it would be cool for more women to be in there, but like other people, i agree that there are too many sword wielders. a cool new character in my opinion would be Hector and his giant axe.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Another sword user we may get, but unlike what we're used to, this one is female. It'd be a big 1up for the women everywhere, alongside with Zamus as well. Lyn can very possibly make it to Brawl, and I hope she does.

Tera253

Smash Ace
same. 2nd hope: she'll be a fast-faller, especially if she takes after Fox(McCloud)-like speed. if she does that, she'll have to have that 'deadweight drop' effect.

~Tera253~

RetsuKeimei

Smash Rookie
Interesting, another Female also a Sword Wielder, pretty good I can't wait too see her in action, i'm also surprised by the number of people here.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
If she makes it.... I predict this...

-she will be quick..... near C.Falcon level (or fastest character in Melee)
-she will be a light character, meaning easy to send flying, a bit more than Jigglypuff
-she will have fast but weak attacks
-she will rely more on combos rather than finishing blows and smash attacks, most of her attacks may be easily linked.

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
Based on your analysis, would that mean she'd be a bit harder to SH with? And does that mean she'd have a SHDFair or something of that nature (look out, Marth, here comes Lyn! :p)? Speed-wise, I agree with you, but I still think she wouldn't be as light as Jigglypuff.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Based on your analysis, would that mean she'd be a bit harder to SH with? And does that mean she'd have a SHDFair or something of that nature (look out, Marth, here comes Lyn! :p)? Speed-wise, I agree with you, but I still think she wouldn't be as light as Jigglypuff.
Well not as light as Jigglypuff, but light, you know, around Peach/Zelda level.

I'm sorry but what's SH and SHDFair?

Mario_owns_u

Smash Rookie
Well, with marth and Roy in the character roster, if Lyn does make an appearance somehow, I would hope she would have her own set of moves...
We don't need 3 clones of the same style. :p

Seeing that picture makes me want to play that game again.

Nintendo confirmed that there will be no more clones.

I've been wanting Lyn for ssbb for a while now,I hope she makes the cut.

pirkid

Smash Lord
I love Lyndis. She is teh hotness.
But, the big and obvious problem, she holds a sword.
Now, we have already 4 sword-wielders, 2 of them from FE.
I would like to see Lyn replace someone like Roy (their both lords anyways).

But even then, we got too many swords.
Maybe just cause she's female, highly popular because of the english FE, and teh hotness, but nothing else.

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
if she joins, i wonder if she'll equal or surpass marth. she would undoubtedly be fast on foot and with sword, but would she have sweetspots similar to marth's tippers?

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
I think she would be a great mix between sheik and marth. I would love to piss people off by throwing some needle like projectiles thrwoing into the air and then doing some crazy air combos. She must be in!

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
Lyn's sword is a katana, so it won't have sweetspots similar to Marth's (Marth's sword is a rapier).
Yeah, I know that. I phrased my statement wrong. For Marth, he has a stronger hit when you sweetspot with the tip. For Roy, it's the flat of the blade. So, since Lyn has a katana, would she have a specific sweetspot of her own?

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Yeah, I know that. I phrased my statement wrong. For Marth, he has a stronger hit when you sweetspot with the tip. For Roy, it's the flat of the blade. So, since Lyn has a katana, would she have a specific sweetspot of her own?
Doubt it... I mean Link didn't had one, and It's almost similar to Roy's, except Roy's longer.

Sandy

Smash Champion

Lyn’s Stats:
INFO: Ranging from 1 to 5 stars (*), 1 equals weakest, lightest, and 5 stars equals strongest, heaviest.
Weight: ** (Hey, she lacks physical strength and defense. Easy to send flying)
Height: *** (She’s about average height. About as tall as Peach/Zelda)
Jump: *** (Jumps about as high as Mario)
Fall Speed: ***
Walking Speed: ***** (She’s got so much speed, she runs as fast as Captain Falcon!!!!!)
Attack Power (Physical): ***
Attack Speed: ***** (That’s fast!!!!!)
Landing Lag: ** Traction: ****
Grabbing Range: *** (About as far as Peach, Zelda)
Throwing Distance: ** (About as far as Marth/Roy)
Item Throwing: *** (About as far as Peach)
Item Thrown Speed: *** (About as fast as the items Peach/Zelda throws)
(Notice that the Magic attack power isn’t included in this list. That’s because she doesn’t use magic. This is the only time I’ll let you know!)

Lyn’s Move Set:
Basic Stances:
IN ALL STANCES: Her sword, the Mani Katti, is in her right hand at all times!
Standing Still: Her stance is like that in her evolved Blade Lord form in Fire Emblem 7.

Walking Slow: (1 of 3 things) Either tip toes, just looks like she’s doing a normal walk, but is barely moving her legs and going very slow, or kind of just slides her feet across the ground.

Walking Medium Speed: Walks similar to Marth/Roy.

Walking Full Speed: Also walks similar to Marth/Roy.

Running: Somewhat leans forward, but not as far as Marth/Roy. Instead, you could say she’s more running like Zelda/Peach.

Crawling (Kneeling down and moving, unique to SSBB): Gets up from kneeling position, if that was her position before, then stays in a crouching position while “walking” across the floor.

Jumping (First): Jumps similar to Marth/Roy. (I couldn’t think of anything better, being a FE sword wielder and all)

Jumping Backwards (First): Similar to Marth/Roy. (See above)

Jumping (Double): Performs a quick front flip.

Jumping Backwards (Double): Performs a quick back flip. (She’s agile remember?)

Falling Pose: Similar to Marth/Roy. (Like you didn’t see this one coming?)
Landing Pose: Lands pretty similar to that of Marth/Roy, but slightly different due to her kneeling pose.

Kneeling Down Pose: Kneels pretty similar to Zelda and Peach, but the pose looks slightly different from Peach/Zelda.

Falling Through Ground (Smash Down through ground you can dive under): Twirls like Marth/Roy.

Injured Pose: Similar to Peach/Zelda… maybe Marth/Roy as well?
Flying Away From a Strong Attack: Similar to Peach/Zelda… maybe Marth/Roy as well?

Laying Down Face up: Head is tilted to the right facing the camera (looking away if she’s facing the opposite way) with eyes closed. The rest of the body’s pose is similar to Peach/Zelda/Marth/Roy. (Can’t decide… meh)

Laying Down Face down: Head is tilted slightly towards the camera (Facing right) with eyes closed. The rest of the body is posed like Peach/Zelda/Marth/Roy. (Again, can’t decide… meh)

Dodges and Blocking:
Blocking with Standard Shield: Looks like a cross between Zelda/Peach’s blocking pose and Marth/Roy’s blocking pose. Those with inventive minds, take a moment to think about it.

Stand Dodge: Mirages, side stepping away, then returns to normal.

Air Dodge: Mirages, then returns to normal.

Rolling Dodge: Literally mirages behind the opponent, facing the other way towards the enemy.

Grabbing and Hitting/Throwing:
Grabbing: Reaches out with her free hand. The motion is similar to that of Peach.

Grabbing Stance (Succeeded in Grabbing): Holds the opponent similar to Marth/Roy. (… meh, so what if it’s a similar stance?)

Grab Attack: Hits the enemy with the hilt of her blade, similar to Link.

Throw Forward: Jumps over the opponent while still holding on to him/her. While she’s above the enemy, the enemy gets lifted off the ground and thrown over Lyn’s head, and then off into the distance.

Throw Backwards: Jump flips over the opponent and then double kicks the opponent in the back, causing them to fly the opposite direction of Lyn. She rolls on the ground a bit after double kicking.

Throw Upwards: Similar to Marth/Roy, but then stabs her sword up into the enemy's chest.

Throw Down: Trips the enemy and then immediately hits them in the back of the head with the hilt of her blade while they’re falling, causing the opponent to fall faster and flat on his/her face.

A Button Attacks:
A: Swings both horizontally and vertically down right.

A, A: Swings the same way as the first swing, only down and left.

A, A, A Repeatedly: Unlike both Marth and Roy, if the player continues pushing A, she starts up a constant stabbing motion that’s similar to Link’s. This of course keeps going until the player stops pressing A.

A + Left/Right: Performs a horizontal slice that’s in a similar motion to Zelda’s A + Left/Right.

A + Down: Does a sword sweep towards the legs keeping the sword near the ground.

A + Up: Swings up similar to Marth/Roy, but her overall pose is different.
A + Smash Left/Right: Performs an upward slash, that actually looks similar to Zero’s upward slash in the Megaman Zero series. (Holds pose just before slashing if charging)

A + Smash Down: Does a mini cyclone swirl with her sword near the ground, cutting the legs of the opponents and sending them up.

A + Smash Up: Spins her sword above her head, causing variable damage, after about 1 second passes, she swings her sword up similar to Marth’s Up + A as the ending blow.

Dash A: Takes a horizontal slice at the opponents.
Air A: Does a spin attack, so to speak, rolling around in the air. Causes minor variable damage.

Air A Forward (Left/Right): Swings her sword similar to Marth/Roy. (Couldn’t think of anything better. I’ll edit this later)

Air A Behind (Left/Right): Swings her sword like Marth/Roy. (Like you didn’t see that one coming?)

Air A Down: Swings her sword from above her head, down to a stabbing motion similar to Link.

Air A Up: Swings her sword similar to Marth/Roy, but the overall pose is different.

B Button Special Moves:
B: Bow & Arrow: Essentially, does the exact same thing as Link. The only difference is that the arrows go farther than Link’s, but lacks the fire power of Link’s arrows. (2%-7% damage per hit, depending on the charge)
B + Left/Right: Illusion Slash: Performs her normal attack from Fire Emblem (7) that she performs as a Blade Lord. The actual slash dashes through the opponent like Fox’s Illusion attack and the opponent remains there for about half a second, then takes about as much damage that Fox’s Illusion attack causes and is sent upwards a little.

B + Up: Heavens Slash: Spins her sword in front and above her head as she jumps similar to Marth.

B + Down: Earth Strike: Performs her normal attack like she would with her legendary weapon, the Sol Katti, via jumping into the air and coming down striking with considerable force. If already in the air, she comes down with considerable force as well. While jumping from the ground the moment the player performs this action, he/she has a little control on being able to move little to the left or right with the control stick before Lyn comes back down.

BRAWL MOVE: Blade Furry: When she picks up the Smash Orb, many, many illusions of her appear around her. After about 2 seconds, all her illusions go around the course swinging their blades everywhere. This is like an improved version of the Unknown’s attack from the Pokeball. What happens afterwards? I haven’t decided yet, but for now, the move ends there. Damage caused is about… 30%-40% maybe…

Taunt: Sheaths her sword, stands like she would normally do for her (Normal) Lord pose from Fire Emblem (7) and says, “Is that all?”
Victory Poses (After Battle/Scored 1st):
1: Spins her sword around like Link, then sheaths it like him as well, only near the waist area (Since that’s where she sheaths her sword) rather than the back. Doesn’t say anything.
2: Mirages into view with her sword sheathed and says, “Who’s next?”
3: Spins her sword like Marth and poses in a similar fashion to him and says, “You got to try harder than that.”
Defeat Pose (After Battle/Scored 2nd,3rd, or 4th): Looks at the winner for about 2 seconds, then claps normally.

Character Symbol (During Victory, lose, and in game): Some kind of Fire Emblem sword, like Marth/Roy.

Music Theme (If won): Either like Marth and Roy’s OR something else all together also Fire Emblem related. Open to suggestions!

End Move Set
Conclusion: Overall, Lyn is somewhat similar to Fox and Falco in terms of status. She’s one of the quickest characters in the game and prefers to use combo attacks to her advantage over power.
Advantages: Is very quick, nimble, and very good at scoring combos.
Weaknesses: Is light, easy to send flying, and lacks physical strength to send opponents flying easily.
Overall, being one of the (Not officially) FIRST female lords to hit Fire Emblem, I’d say she’d make a great addition not only for the fact that we need more female characters, but also for more combo masters! … just my personal opinion.
If she’s a character that needs to be unlocked, here’s how you do it.

To unlock Lyn:
1: Beat Target Test with all the starting line up of characters. (Characters immediately available to you when you first play Brawl)
2: Beat event match <Insert random number here>. Title: “Clash of Blades” (Link VS Lyn, with you playing as Link)
3: Play for a total of 30 hours in VS mode.
4: Play a total of 650 VS matches.

RedXIII304

Smash Rookie
Good Ideas for poses. I have some more ideas for attacks.

My lyn would be a little slower (movement and attack for balance (game play wise) and a bit heavier. For her move set, it would look something like this:

FORMAT:
Comand - Description (notes)(damage)
[NOTE: she puts her sword away after each attack/combo]

(Ground)
Neutral A - a quick slice with her sword (4% damage)
Forward A - Dash and Slash than a back flip (6%)
Down A - Bow quick-shot strait ahead (charges faster than Links/Y. Link and is drawn with the bow at a diagonal) (5%-8%)
Back A - a Back-Flip then a stab (as if you rolled behind them then attacked) (7%)
Up A- wide slice at the air (like Link) (9%)
Combo (A or Forward A, A, A . . .) - Blade lord slices, 3 in quick succession (4% or 6%, 2%, 9%)

(Air)
Nair - Twirl slice (the sword hits then the pony tail)(14% then 3%)
Fair - Air slash (13%)
Dair - Mirage down ward then a smaller ranged twirl slice (18%)
Uair - Upward swipe (12%)

(Special)
B - Critical hit bow attack (twirls arrow in air then pulls back like links bow)(2%, 7%-16%)
Forward B - Dance of the plains (3 copies of lyn proceed like Marth's Dance) (up to 7 hits 3%-20% each, first one does 6%)
Down B - Pull out Sol Katti, increase damage x1.5 until you are hit, does 10% damage to self
Up B - blur out then move a set distance (Pichu's up B with a different animation)

(Other)
Taunt - Pulls out her sword, wipes it on her clothes and says "I wonder where the Tactician went. . ." or she pulls out her bow, restrings it and says "Who's next?"
Finishing Pose - Draws her blade kneels down leaning on it ('knight' stance if you will) and says "Sword of Spirits guide me"
Symbol - the crossed sword and ax symbol at the start screen in FE 7

Lyn is one of my favorite FE characters, I hope she is in Brawl.

RedXIII304

Smash Rookie
typo: My lyn would be a little slower (movement and attack speed) for balance (game play wise)

And I don't think all her attacks should have a 'Sweet Spot' like Marth/Roy

Top Bottom