• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

lvl9 stories

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman
This is a thread to discuss certain cases where level 9s acted weird.

For example, one time, I was playing as toon link, and the cpu was at 150%. The cpu was on the other side of the stage. I randomly charged up my Usmash, and the CPU actually went towards me! I let go of my Usmash, when it was already fully charged, and the cpu was ko'd.

Another example:

I was playing as marth, vs. a lvl9 ganon. I dancing bladed him, and he fell of the stage. He had a chance to recover, but he did nothing for a while, then up-b'd into one of the walls under final destination. So, he got ko'd.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Trapped a comp in the capsule in norfair while casually holding a h ammer; they teched each hit, left with 200%+, then f-smashed me to death

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
I was gannondorf and I was facing pikachu on battlefield. I stopped moving on the platform above him while he was hugging the edge. He just stopped moving, I mean, nothing at all. He didn't even react until I moved.... weird eh?

randomdragoon

Smash Rookie
I was G&W, holding out my bucket, and the CPU (lucario) continued to fire fully charged shadow balls at me

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I once saw a pikachu player use QAC. I was trying to practice aerial spacing with Marth. This Metaknight shorthopped to approach me and used aerials much faster than I could.

Once a falco spot dodged all my fsmashes when I was olimar only to be hit by a usmash.

I was woking on being unpredictable once and would do last minute attacks that you wouldn't expect like using fair with marth when your opponent is high above you instead of uair. Everything got aerial dodged.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Wel gee I wonder why? XD

I had gimped a Peach on FD.
She tried to ^B but just couldn't make it but refused to let herself fall.
So I proceeded to hit her with Sonic's spring.
She ^B's again after a moment.
Continues slowly falling to her doom.
I spring gimp her again.
She ^B's.

I did it 5 times before she died.
They are persistent.

Kros

Smash Apprentice
I Spiked a DK to hell on smashville with Ness. He comes back and spikes me back.

Smashless

Smash Apprentice
nothing beats when computer snake c4's you. He always always cyphers off the ground, then blows up the c4 at the top. It's so funny.

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
I was gannondorf and I was facing pikachu on battlefield. I stopped moving on the platform above him while he was hugging the edge. He just stopped moving, I mean, nothing at all. He didn't even react until I moved.... weird eh?
i've seen the same exact thing with pikachu, except it was on pokemon stadium (1)

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
After each KO, the CPUs would go to the side of the stage and crouch about 4 times really quick, which is something I used to with my buddies online. I think they're watching me.... 0_o

On a custom stage, a CPU will randomly run away to the opposite side of the stage and jump off. (Usually to the right) They do recover, however.

Glick

Smash Lord
I know you're going to call me crazy. I've seen level 9's copy me. I've seen computers take original combinations and use them against me.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Well, I had a really nice spike with Wolf vs. Fox.
I was Wolf, and Fox was coming back horizontally.
It was like this (Smashville)

WOLF
_____________1_ 2 FOX
-----------------/

So, I jump to point one, and start my dair.
Fox come back from the right, And I spike him right at point 2.
Lucky me, he didn't bounce off the stage, but instead, his face scraped against the side leaving an unsightly mess.

Another time at Smashville, it was my Ike vs. Fox.
Set up like this.

FOX

____1__________IKE__________________________
\----------------------------------------------------/

Fox had over 100 on his percentage.
I had him in the air, and he was coming back.
I jumped to point one, and in midair, started my Neutral B.
It was like a slam dunk, except with a sword.
I actually killed him with that.
It was beautiful.

Naxxun

Smash Rookie
cpu´s are kinda broken when it comes to dair ...they don´t evade or react really , especially if you pky toon link

another interesting thing if you play luigi and get a smash ball but don´t use it all the cpu´s do is keep running away from you : ) you kill them as much as you want and they just try to get away from you but don´t attack : )

acv

Smash Journeyman
my cpus chaingrab me, they dash dance and one time a lvl 9 zelda did this weird thing were she went inmediately from dtilt to fair.i will post a vid whenever i can to see if somebody can explain it.btw they also edgehog me,

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
CPUs have edgehogged me then taunt, which they never did until I went on wifi, perhaps they do learn new techniques.

Brandon72196

Smash Apprentice
They Edgehog me and RAR alot. Also when a LV9 TL knocks me out they automaticly run to the other side of the stage throw up a bomb and catch (wich is what i do O_O) I think they watch your games and copy you O_O.

Blue_Pit

Smash Cadet
At the start of the battle Pit(Me) Vs Level 9 Fox I used Pit's Mirror shield B+down and then it used B(Gun fire) when it reflected off of Pit's shield and hit Fox back then fox jumped back and grabbed the ledge than suddenly let go of the ledge and died and it did this 14 times in a row...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman
At the start of the battle Pit(Me) Vs Level 9 Fox I used Pit's Mirror shield B+down and then it used B(Gun fire) when it reflected off of Pit's shield and hit Fox back then fox jumped back and grabbed the ledge than suddenly let go of the ledge and died and it did this 14 times in a row...:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Wow. I knew lvl 9s were unintelligent, but not like that. O_o.

Edit: One time, I was playing as kirby, vs. a lvl9 ness on skyworld, and he just kept on jumping around, not trying to hit me.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
I was just playing a FFA against lvl 9 Zelda, Ganon, and Link. Zelda grabbed me and threw me off the stage, then Ganon almost immediately spiked me to my death. It was so awesome.

Solid Smasher

Smash Rookie
One time, I was playing as Lucas and the lvl. 9 cpu was Cpt. Falcon and we both had one life left (both of us were over 100%), and i was about to die and i did my super jump where i hit myself with the pk thunder and after lucas does that he can't do any more moves. When i landed back on the stage, he did his falcon punch towards me while i still couldn't move, but when he did it, he turned it around so that he did it the opposite direction and he missed me and then i wacked him with a smash attack and won!:laugh:

Ilex

Smash Ace
I was a G&W facing a lvl9 Ness. Now usually, a lvl9 Ness would never use its b-moves because it knows I will bucket them. So we were fighting on FD when out of nowhere it starts spamming PK Flash at me. Even with my bucket out, he kept firing them at me.

snerd

Smash Cadet
me vs ganon 9.
me______________ganon

he just shortjumps und shields. over the complete map. (fd)
i did NOTHING
it tool like 30seconds for him to get to me

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
I made a custom stage. I put a team of 3 Level 9 Ice Climbers against my Ice Climbers.

I'll try drawing my stage.

Size = Small.
Pieces =
[] = Normal Box Square.
- = Flying Platform.
<---> - Platform moving back and forth.
||| - Spikes.

<----> <---->
-- - - - - - - - - - -
[][][][][][][][][]
[][]
[] - |||||||| - [][]
[][][][][][][][][][][]

Yes that is one scary looking thing...
Anyways... The level 9s all started attacking me.

Rules = 1 stock.
O = Ice Climbers.

<----> <---->
Me- - -O- - O - -O- - -
[][][][][][][][][]
[][]
[] - |||||||| - [][]
[][][][][][][][][][][]

I went to the spikes, they followed me. I then jumped to the other side of the spikes.

<----> <---->
-- - - - - - - - - - -
[][][][][][][][][] O
[][] O O They jumped into the spikes and got stuck.
[] Me /\/\/\/\/\ [][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][]

They just stayed in the spikes, even when I went to them.

Also, I made another custom stage.
[v] - Moving down platforms.

[][v][][][][][][][v][]
[] [][][][][][] [] The Popo's were fighting me up here.
[] ------------- []
[][v][][][][][][][v][]
----------- [] The Nanas stayed down here.
[][][][][][][][][][][]

Sorry if the Stages aren't clear. I'll post a video someday of it. ^^

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Not specific to one instance, but Luigi does nothing but Fireball spam while Negative Zone is in effect. As a Lucas main, this is good news.

Lucas embarrasses me. They always direct PKT2 straight up when recovering, even when they're level with the edge.

Peach never, EVER closes her parasol when recovering, even if she's well below the edge with no hope of getting on.

I've been edgehogged numerous times by various AI characters. Also, using PKT2 tends to trigger Ness/Lucas to use PSI Magnet. Probably because I'm using PK Thunder in the process, but still...

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
Lucas embarrasses me. They always direct PKT2 straight up when recovering, even when they're level with the edge.
Not for me... It always hits the edge, as long as it's within reach.

I have the same thing as a lot of people here... The CPUs learn from me. Like when I started spamming Marth's Forward Air and they started spamming it, or how the CPUs have been grabbing a lot more with Ness.

Pyroloserkid said:
I wouldn't really say "wierd", but have you ever played a Level 9 Mario?

He kicks so much butt.
It's spelled "weird"... But anyway, I find the CPUs to be better with Kirby. :ohwell:

Top Bottom