• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Luigi's Social Mansion

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Got 2nd at a local w/ 50 ppl

http://challonge.com/COTUIVWiius/standings

Going to final battle tomorrow.

Does anyone know how to beat campy Rosalumas? I forgot what I did to beat dabuz consistently. I know dthrow -> downb/upb works. but regarding being underneath her offstage when recovering is stuff i need input on.

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I'm going to apex. ok peace out
Grats! Hopefully we see some vids. As you said, D throw to Up B works wonders on Rosalina. I can't input well how to beat campy Rosalinas though since you know it better than me. My only advice is...beat up the Luma to eliminate it, then go aggro on Rosalina. Or spam tornado, it goes right past Luma. I guess you're looking at recovery input though...can you do jumpless cyclones? If not, I'm not sure how to help sorry...it might be one of those areas Luigi gets screwed in due to gimps.

Oh, going to be awesome to have you, Boss, J Miller, and other Luigis at APEX!

TriTails

Smash Lord
Something that might help on 'No-I-will-not-let-you-grab-me' characters/players, you can try to FF sourspot N-air them at lower percents. It basically does the same thing as D-throw, just a bit more limited, it can combo to U-smash (And possibly much more) at lower percents, and aerials at higher percents. Works surprisingly well for D-throw substitute, especially if your opponent is really stubborn on running away from grabs. Always use D-throw if you can though, the combo potential is better, but if you think your opponent just DON'T. WANT. GET. GRABBED (Which they should anyway) go for that N-air.

Keep it in mind that Luigi's air speed is really slow, so try to run to your opponent, then jump and N-air. Watch out for shieldgrabs though!

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Well well.
1. Nice Marina (Shaaaaaaake) Picture.
2. I'll be training for my first tournament in a loooong time, which happens to start at feb. Hope to revive this thread a little o.0
3. Good methods of training? Don't want to hulk smash my amiibos all the time, and I'm a little bored from comboing unmoveable npc's in training mode. But then again, my Internet will be down for a few days...

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
Hi guys, recently converted Luigi main (he used to be my third behind Yoshi and Dedede, but I just dropped Yoshi) checking in.

I just played in my first friendly tournament last week, took 2nd but got 2-0d in GF. Really looking forward to getting more into the competitive scene and chatting with you guys!

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Hi guys, recently converted Luigi main (he used to be my third behind Yoshi and Dedede, but I just dropped Yoshi) checking in.

I just played in my first friendly tournament last week, took 2nd but got 2-0d in GF. Really looking forward to getting more into the competitive scene and chatting with you guys!
Well, welcome here!
Have combos for breakfast and spin until you can't walk straight!

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

Welcome!

Curious, what character did you lose to? We can help you with some matchup input if you want.

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
Rosalina & Luma. Definitely my toughest matchup by far throughout my characters.

I think it's more me than Luigi, but I do definitely have a tough time making it back to the stage with him. I need to focus less on getting in for big damage against Rosalina and need to hang back, take my damage on Luma and wait for an opportunity. If I can get in, it's maybe the only matchup backthrow is more valuable than downthrow depending on where you are on the stage. Tornado is also pretty nice against Luma but is very punishable if Rosalina blocks it.

But if you have anymore input I'd love to hear it. I hate playing against R&L way more than Diddy, Sheik, etc.

I just signed up for my first actual tournament, it'll be on Saturday. Hoping to do well but mostly just going for experience

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just want to say good luck to all of the Luigi mains participating at Apex this year. I will be rooting for all of you!

Show them who is number one now! :4luigi:
EDIT: Assuming that there is a tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Is anyone here watching Apex? I've seen some pretty amazing Luigi matches! Both in Smash 4 and Melee.
He definitely seems like a very solid character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is anyone here watching Apex? I've seen some pretty amazing Luigi matches! Both in Smash 4 and Melee.
He definitely seems like a very solid character.
Yeah! I've seen him easily take down a Donkey Kong and a Sheik.

I think that this is good for Luigi.

D

Deleted member

I didn't see anything from singles past 4:00 Eastern time. :(

So, how is Luigi doing?

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I didn't see anything from singles past 4:00 Eastern time. :(

So, how is Luigi doing?
I hear he was pretty much one of the most abundant characters next to Falcon. So there's that.

So yeah, I've heard tons are wrecking face, beating Diddy Kongs left and right. I was False 2-0 a Diddy.

So we got False, J Miller, Mr Concon [Think a really, really good Pacman beat him first bracket], Boss [up against Nairo next...who he lost to before], and Thunderst0rm.

And J Miller and Thunderst0rm are versing eachother, so one Luigi main will get knocked out :/. Boss is in the same bracket too so only 1-2 Luigis can be in the finals from the looks of it [False and ?]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hear he was pretty much one of the most abundant characters next to Falcon. So there's that.

So yeah, I've heard tons are wrecking face, beating Diddy Kongs left and right. I was False 2-0 a Diddy.

So we got False, J Miller, Mr Concon [Think a really, really good Pacman beat him first bracket], Boss [up against Nairo next...who he lost to before], and Thunderst0rm.

And J Miller and Thunderst0rm are versing eachother, so one Luigi main will get knocked out :/. Boss is in the same bracket too so only 1-2 Luigis can be in the finals from the looks of it [False and ?]
That's impressive!
...And most unfortunate that we will probably see 1 or 2 Luigis advance to the top 8. :( I'm really hoping that he makes it to the end; seeing Luigi win grand finals will make me more happy than someone getting happy over their team winning the Super Bowl.

We'll have to wait and see. I am still very impressed by the Luigi play! I have been taking some mental notes on how to improve my game as Luigi by watching the tournament.

I need to watch the stream... Anybody know where this is also being broadcasted other than Twitch?
Unfortunately, Team Spooky, the guy running the Smash 4 tournament on Twitch, didn't make the stream available on YouTube.
Also, the stream is currently watching the Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire tournament.

Killtrox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ToFindAndBeFound

Yeah, Luigis are coming out in droves today and they're doing really, really well.

On the other side of that coin, there are a lot of Sonic players who aren't doing well. This is a very interesting tournament.

Last edited:

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget of BelaC guys...

I didn't know him before today, but I saw him defeating Wizzrobe's Sheik at his pool, and he made out of it through the winners side!

He's at pool K58, same pool as FOW, Dabuz, MVD and Denti...

Also, I believe 4 players make out of the Phase 2's pools (2 at Winners and 2 at Losers), since there are 8 groups and tomorrow will be Top 32...

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I lost a lot of confidence when I saw both Jmiller and Boss were in my r2 pool. Not to mention me having to play Jmiller right away after hanging out with him all day. It was more so the fact that 3 relevant luigis were all placed in the same pool rather than fearing losing, but losing did suck because I didnt play well in both sets I played.

I did beat Meek in my r1 pool so I guess that's something to be happy about.

Last edited:

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I lost a lot of confidence when I saw both Jmiller and Boss were in my r2 pool. Not to mention me having to play Jmiller right away after hanging out with him all day. It was more so the fact that 3 relevant luigis were all placed in the same pool rather than fearing losing, but losing did suck because I didnt play well in both sets I played.

I did beat Meek in my r1 pool so I guess that's something to be happy about.
Disappointing that the brackets played out that way. Best of luck to the both of you!

I'm not sure who BelaC is tbh...but if he beat a Sheik that's worth noting. Underdog Luigi?

TriTails

Smash Lord
Well guys. Every Luigis were eliminated except False. And I think he will go Sheik now. Switching only to Luigi when he loses.

*Gives up hope on Luigi getting top Top 8 by himself*

At least the Luigis did their best. That's good enough for me.

Last edited:

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Well guys. Every Luigis were eliminated except False. And I think he will go Sheik now. Switching only to Luigi when he loses.

Woah that was quick. I thought the rest was tomorrow. I couldn't imagine J miller losing...huh

TriTails

Smash Lord
Yeah....

*Sobs in the corner on Luigi not making it to Top 8 by himself*

Anyway, every Luigis in Apex, great job! Pretty sure everyone did their best. All we can do now is to pray and hope False goes all Luigi here.... but the chances are like, 1%.

Well, at least a Luigi made it to Top 16. I just wish the incident yesterday didn't happened.

D

Deleted member

Now that's disappointing. :( Well, yeah, they all did their best; that was some of the most impressive Luigi play that I've ever seen.

All I can hope for is for False to make it into Grand Finals, but I'm skeptical.

Well, at least a Luigi made it to Top 16. I just wish the incident yesterday didn't happened.
What incident.

EDIT: False got eliminated. :(
He fought a Rosalina, lost as Luigi, switched to Sheik, and got recked by her down aerial.

TriTails

Smash Lord
THAT incident. Fire alarm! Fire Marshal deeming the place unsafe, bla bla bla. If it weren't for that, there would be Top 32 instead of Top 16.

False got eliminated? Got rekt by Rosalina?

Rosalina, why u du dis? Feels wierd the pairing I like battled each other :ohwell:. Yes, I support :4luigi: x :rosalina:.

Roll-Spamming-Peasant

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MontyRattata
THAT incident. Fire alarm! Fire Marshal deeming the place unsafe, bla bla bla. If it weren't for that, there would be Top 32 instead of Top 16.

False got eliminated? Got rekt by Rosalina?

Rosalina, why u du dis? Feels wierd the pairing I like battled each other :ohwell:. Yes, I support :4luigi: x :rosalina:.
Your shipping is acknowledged...but i think it might be a little bit missplaced...Watch this in full.

And what happend?!?!?! I was SURE that there was going to be AT LEAST ONE Luigi in Apex Top 8.

Though I'm loving the lack of Diddy.

D

Deleted member

Did luigi do anything relevant at apex? Did we beat any good sheiks or Diddy kongs?!?
Luigi beat some Sheiks and Diddy Kongs, but only one Luigi made it to the top 16, being False.

The top 8 had two Sheiks and two Diddy Kongs. Ultimately, ZeRo won with Diddy Kong.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Did luigi do anything relevant at apex? Did we beat any good sheiks or Diddy kongs?!?
Well, he was the 3rd most used character in the top 32 at Apex.

That must be worth something!

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Wow you luigis ignoring Boss' work in doubles?

Also that rosa that beat False was Dabuz. Lastly as far as I can remember Luigis did not have a victory over diddy kong.

D

Deleted member

I'm just glad that a Luigi made it into the top 16.
While we aren't number-a one just yet, this should help his notoriety!
Hopefully our time to shine will be at EVO! :4luigi:

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
For those who didn't see belaC beating Wizzrobe, here is the video...

That misfire at the first game was so freaking hot! He also defeated Keitaro later...

TriTails

Smash Lord
I just wish I have a Wii U and SSBU, and live in USA or somewhere where Smash is at least popular... My schoolmates didn't even know or heard or Smash. All they know is 'Oh, this is Mario Bros.' and yeah, that's it.

Wanted to be a competitive player.... but oh well. Hopefully the opportunity shows itself...

D

Deleted member

Shiek being a bad matchup for weegee? What?
Otherwise pretty awesome.
I thought that too.
I think that Luigi has an easier time with Sheik compared to other characters. He can easily combo her and can get out of most of her combos with his neutral air. Perhaps his low air speed and floaty nature can help Luigi against Sheik? I think that Luigi being able to KO Sheik more early and Sheik having to struggle with KOing opponents works in his favor. It's still an uphill battle for Luigi, but I think it's quite manageable.
We just need to strike a balance between offense and defense and be wise of using certain moves (I don't think that the Luigi Cyclone will be as effective against Sheik).

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I just wish I have a Wii U and SSBU, and live in USA or somewhere where Smash is at least popular... My schoolmates didn't even know or heard or Smash. All they know is 'Oh, this is Mario Bros.' and yeah, that's it.

Wanted to be a competitive player.... but oh well. Hopefully the opportunity shows itself...
Wait what? How the hell does someone who can use the internet not know about smash?
And don't worry, you can become a compeditive Player if you really want to. You can start to stream, start to teach, getting in contact with other strong players... the only real limit you have to achieve your goal, is the one that you set yourself.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I feel you man. I only have my brother and cousin to play Smash with, and my friends are just like yours.

Top Bottom