• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Luigi's Mansion 2?!

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Luigi's Mansion was such an underrated game and one of my personal favourites. This game looks to be far more diverse than the original with multiple mansions so I'm excited to see how that turns out.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ This game being announced automatically made me jump for joy. I'm sure this game will do great. Day one buy for me.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
It sounded like Luigi's Mansion 2 was the only 3DS game among the first 5 revealed at the conference that the crowd stood up and cheered for during the segment. You could practically hear the 10-years-younger selves jumping for joy :p

-Final-

Aria♪
I started replaying Luigi's mansion 2 days ago. I actually thought to myself that there's no way a sequel to it would actually happen. Less than 12 hours later, I find out about this. I died a little inside.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I started replaying Luigi's mansion 2 days ago. I actually thought to myself that there's no way a sequel to it would actually happen. Less than 12 hours later, I find out about this. I died a little inside.
I was nearly confused with the beginning of this post, hmm.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'm more excited to hear that it has "multiple mansions". Hopefully that means the game is longer. That was my only gripe about the first one...I thought it was too short.

MarioFan81

Smash Rookie
LOL, can't believe after more than 10 years they're making a Luigi's Mansion Sequel. I'm excited about this game returning from the GameCube, I just hope there's chance for Mario Sunshine.:)

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I am so excited for this... No, seriously, I'll even give you a bit of background if you care:

I first got Luigi's Mansion back in 2003, and I beat it twice during the summer of 2003. After that, for some reason my 2003 summer had become the most nostalgic part of my entire life.

So, anyway, I had beaten the game a few times after that, and in the year 2008, I went backed and played all the games that I had played back then, like LM and Smash Bros. Melee. But with Luigi's Mansion, I had played and beaten it ALMOST every single weekend of that year. I would have little "nostalgia nights" every weekend, pretty much, and to this day, I still have them and beat Luigi's Mansion every time.

Although I don't play it as much anymore, it still has a special place in my heart, and you can probably imagine how many times I have beaten it. Too bad I lost count lol (memory card wiped out)

So, anyway, sorry if I rambled there, but it was basically building up to the fact that I have always loved this game, and the fact that a sequel is coming... Oh god oh man, you have not the slightest first clue how excited I am for this.

The only thing I disliked from the trailer was the slowness when sucking up ghosts, BUT I DO REALIZE it's going to be fixed. I liked the music, the look of the new ghosts, and pretty much everything.

I may just be biased, though. :D

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
The first Luigi's Mansion is my second favorite game of all time, next to Donkey Kong Country 2.

However, I wasn't too impressed by the trailer.

Yes, I do realize it's a "demo" but the music was far too repetitive/uplifting, the mansion was too bright, and the ghosts' characteristics were too monotonou. All in all, it just didn't have that "creepy" E-rated game feeling that the first one possessed.

I'll definitely buy it, but I hope that they fix some of these things.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
I was kind of hoping for a home console release but I guess the 3DS is fine. <3

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I'm excited for this, but I kind of wish it was for a console rather than the 3DS. I got my first sample of the 3D on one today when one of my friends brought his 3DS over and played some Ocarina of Time, and the 3D kind of gave me a headache :/

I'm not too sure how I feel about the handheld overall...I'd have to get used to it I guess.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
The 3DS I admit does take some time to get used to. I almost never have the 3D on (ironically) except for when there are cutscenes and such. Mainly because I tend to move the 3DS too much while playing and it gives me a headache. Hoping for a console release sometime in the future, still lots of hype though. :)

Kantrip

Kantplay
Some unseen force drew me here. Oh yeah, it was the mentioning of the best game ever.

Donkey Kong Country 2.

Luigi's Mansion was sick also, I look forward to seeing what they do with the sequel.

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
I prefer the way the ghosts and the coins look in the original game, but I won't complain. I also liked the original music better.

One small thing I want is the ability to take pictures from the SD card, and place them in the mansion.

The gameplay style of the original was amazing, until you beat it. There was no replay value, unless you tried to get a perfect score the the H Rank. One thing that will keep my playing this game would be an online mode. Maybe a team of Luigi's has to flush out a team of Boos in a mansion? All rooms are dark and all doors are unlocked, and the Boos can fly around and hide, and have to survive a few minutes, or kill all the Luigi's. And the Luigi's have to capture all the Boos? I would love a mode like this.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Ok, remember how much different the orginal Luigi's Mansion trailer was from the actual game that was released? Yeah...

I can pree much guarantee those arnt the final ghost design...none of em. They dont have any real details or compositions, simply placeholders I bet.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Lol..at Tokyo =]

Man I would get this but I haven't even played the original one, is it even worth playing?

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Well anything specific like missions, gameplay or something? I've always played the originals but I've never bother playing any the newer games, that's why I ask.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
The game overall is great. It's definitely a great change of pace from the other Nintendo games.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Tbh, I'm not too fond of the music for this trailer. I preferred the first one because probably of whatever effect they put to the sounds

Idk, it made the song sound more cartoonyish than it could've turned out and I thought it was nice

Now this game I'm curious to see if I'll buy a 3DS for. This and Starfox, but I wanna see reviews first before I get a new handheld for them

Kuhn

Smash Cadet
I still remember marking out badly when I saw them announce this game at E3. Loved the first game and I really cannot wait for this. One of the main reasons that I've decided to purchase a 3DS.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Tbh, I'm not too fond of the music for this trailer. I preferred the first one because probably of whatever effect they put to the sounds

Idk, it made the song sound more cartoonyish than it could've turned out and I thought it was nice

Now this game I'm curious to see if I'll buy a 3DS for. This and Starfox, but I wanna see reviews first before I get a new handheld for them

Orchestra is better.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I'm excited for this, but I kind of wish it was for a console rather than the 3DS. I got my first sample of the 3D on one today when one of my friends brought his 3DS over and played some Ocarina of Time, and the 3D kind of gave me a headache :/

I'm not too sure how I feel about the handheld overall...I'd have to get used to it I guess.
I am excited for this new game,but would also rather play it on a wii.Vacuum mechanics on a wii would ftw

Kuhn

Smash Cadet
I actually don't mind seeing Luigi's Mansion 2 on the 3DS. Gives me more reason to play my 3DS.

OmegaXXII

I actually don't mind seeing Luigi's Mansion 2 on the 3DS. Gives me more reason to play my 3DS.
Actually if you already own a Wii you wouldn't need to spend extra money in the first place, sadly that's not the case but it's a little dissapointing that it's only on the 3DS though, I might get the original one instead.

Top Bottom