• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Basement Journal: An UPDATED! Luigi Moveset Discussion (This rotation: B)

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Yeah,, that tends to happen in my matches when I rush at them with bair, like I do in BF, from one platform to the next with SH bbbair

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I have a question for bair which needs answering.
How can one bair as an approach, so I SH towards the enemy, work without effecting my DI. Because when I go forward and I have to bair I pull back on the control stick and that affects my movement towards the enemy and my landing....
Maybe the c-stick stops that? Because c-stick doesn't stop FFing when you dair inless c-stick it set as tilts. That could be the easy solution to the bair problem but it is inconvenient.

Cheesewulf

Smash Cadet
BAir is god
it's like Luigi's own Snake FTilt move, it comes out quickly with a quite good range and knockback... but nothing can be compared to Snake's FTilt, but you got the idea
PEW FEET IN FACE D:

combostarter, -ender, ledgeguarder, approaching, there are so many uses for it
it can be abused and still kills when hit correctly

it's crazy :psycho:

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Lol delta's funny description is epix win.

Bair the core of Luigi's game. Without this, luigi is complete garbage. Used for approaching, killing, racking up damage, zoning, edgeguarding, strings, stage spiking, his longest aerial range.

What more can luigi ask for? No one cannot win without this move. This is the next win move LOL.

Magnumblade

Smash Journeyman
bair is Luigi's swiss army knife

good in ending or keeping up combo's, decent ko, good range, held out hitbox (i choose not to use "sex kick" because i don't think it lasts long enough to be a sex kick, and i dont like that term because its XP) its a good wop at low-mid %s, ledge/off-stage pressure, maybe useful as a mindgame if you do reverse dairs alot and you bair them once they get used to the dair's range

4.5 or 5stars plz.

PoisonMist

Smash Journeyman
Luigi's Bair is good for Edgeguarding especially on characters like Fox and Falco where you just wait for them to be in the range then WoP. - makes them want to cry

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Another move I wish I could save for kills.

Probably the best range out of luigi's entire arsenal. Possible exceptions including sliding dsmash and sliding fsmash (not incuding hyphen because of how it throws luigi's hurtbox around before the hitbox comes out) Great for any type of edge guarding. Great for the end of combos. Great for kills if it's still fresh, and revenge kills.

Some landing lag that can get you grabbed if you're careless. Just had an idea. What experimentation has been done chasing a combo with a tornado instead of finishing it with a bair or fireball? I need to look into that.

Lol this is the last of luigi's good moves.

Delvro

Smash Ace
I used to try to end combos with the cyclone for those wtf off-the-top-KOs, but it doesn't work very well... it's clunky, very limited horizontal mobility and less range than Bair

kigbariom

Smash Lord
You can get a lot more horizontal movement by tapping faster, but that still isn't enough to make this an attack you would end combos with. I see where you are going with it, but I just think that it is a little risky because of its low range. Use tornado as more of a surprise approach, or approach on DDD, because you need to "pop" him up in the air.
I'm trying to think about how I end most of my combos and I think it goes like: 0-50% Fair, 50-100% Bair, 100%+ Dair.
I don't know why dair is the high damage combo but it works because on the edge of a course the horizontal movement is quite large.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Lol delta's funny description is epix win.

Bair the core of Luigi's game. Without this, luigi is complete garbage. Used for approaching, killing, racking up damage, zoning, edgeguarding, strings, stage spiking, his longest aerial range.

What more can luigi ask for? No one cannot win without this move. This is the next win move LOL.
^^
there finished. now make up a funny story.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Delta, when you started this you were all good, making great entries, keeping it updated and now you're asking us to do the entries.......

Lol, we don't have the creative writing skill you do to voice Luigi's actual opinion.

Magnumblade

Smash Journeyman
hey I wanna try :)

[.] = not sure about it

Dear Diary, (6 luigi's lol)

Wow diary, this move is just amazing! I can do almost anything with this move and along with my d-air, is my best approach [?]. Back in Melee, this move was pretty decent, but nothing to my f-air. Now that my f-air has gone down the drain as my super-aerial, I'm so glad that the brawl progr the Master in the Toad Town Dojo got me to start working on this move. This move spaces, does good damage, can wall-of-pain, can stage-spike (boy do I love doing that,) combo's fairly well, gimps, and can approach well with a reverse aerial! Boy that is alot of stuff! Maybe Mario's b-air would be as useful as mine if his legs were a bit longer (thank genetics.) I would be completely terrible without this move, and diary, sometimes I have nightmares of what would happen if I lost my amazing b-air. *shudder* Without it, I probably wouldn't even be able to beat Chan [Chan was the first dojo opponent in Paper Mario right?] back in the dojo!

/diary attempt, edit and flame and tear down as you please

*waits for hippiedude to destroy this entry*

Atash

Smash Apprentice
CHAN!!! I hate that dittoing person. He reminds me of Doopliss from the second Paper Mario... But of course, they're of the same species... and oh my god, the Master at his final level was RIDICULOUS!!! It was like... TWENTY DAMAGE, BIZNATCH! And Mario's like, "WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" *boom*.

And, I agree with chic. It's cute. :-D

Magnumblade

Smash Journeyman
lol chic is that "cute" as a compliment or an insult?

ok chan was the duplighost and lee was the buzzy beetle yes?

doopliss >>> chan, doopliss actually had (gasp) personality! and that party hat, it was pimp.

yeah kirby you're right, the b-air is pretty self-explanatory, long ranged damaging, comboing, WoPing, spacing attack

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
That was great Magnum. As usual, I'll change what needs to be changed, post it up and give you credit. We're almost done!

By the way, start talking about the fireball.

Magnumblade

Smash Journeyman
fireball ima give it 3.5/5 luigi's

its his only projectile and as a projectile in general its not very good, slow, bad range, low damage/knockback.

but as the only projectile, its great as an interrupter or tagging on a bit of extra damage when an oppponent is out of range for any other attack. its good as a spacer and for slowing down opponents, and if you are well positioned you can semi-lock with the fireball. the stun if shorthopped or something can be helpful for landing or starting combo's (short hopped fireball > up-b is a good example i think)

my conclusion: its his projectile, its not the best but it has its moments and uses for luigi's game, and it keeps him from being melee-only, which could be a horrible weakness since it means he is not forced to approach on a few matches.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Although it's slow, low damage, and ranged poorly, it's my favorite setup.
The hitstun is brief but important, SH > fireball > aerials is a great approach and it's really easy to mix up. Staying with that same structure stated before you can mix in more SH's, different aerials, or letting off fireballs at different height. As a basic attack however fireball is lacking. Mario's is better because gravity has an effect on it, that way he can maybe gimp or edgeguard. It's about 3.5/5 like Mag said.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
for fireball, I agree 3.5, it is more useful vs certain characters than others, mainly snake, metaknight, and any of the slow characters like Ike, King D3, and Ganondorf

for back air, it is useful for edgeguards (especially vs other luigis) and people with predictable recoveries like ness and lucas
3.5/5 or 4/5

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
hey I wanna try :)

[.] = not sure about it

Dear Diary, (6 luigi's lol)

Wow diary, this move is just amazing! I can do almost anything with this move and along with my d-air, is my best approach [?]. Back in Melee, this move was pretty decent, but nothing to my f-air. Now that my f-air has gone down the drain as my super-aerial, I'm so glad that the brawl progr the Master in the Toad Town Dojo got me to start working on this move. This move spaces, does good damage, can wall-of-pain, can stage-spike (boy do I love doing that,) combo's fairly well, gimps, and can approach well with a reverse aerial! Boy that is alot of stuff! Maybe Mario's b-air would be as useful as mine if his legs were a bit longer (thank genetics.) I would be completely terrible without this move, and diary, sometimes I have nightmares of what would happen if I lost my amazing b-air. *shudder* Without it, I probably wouldn't even be able to beat Chan [Chan was the first dojo opponent in Paper Mario right?] back in the dojo!

/diary attempt, edit and flame and tear down as you please

*waits for hippiedude to destroy this entry*
Lol was this for Dair or bair entry? I agree, cute entry indeed XD
Bair leads to pivot jab...

=)

anyone watch me almost beat Co18?
Woah. bair>pivot jab sounds tough donuts.... let me see it lol.. Isnt co18 like best D3? lol.
As for fireball entry... WoT soon to come..on a wii soo....

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Dude...watch my new vids...as soon as they are up...pure **** man...new polmex mad sexy.

Reason why im going all luigi...**** snake against MK, i suicide soooo much. **** that, the Green Machine ready to rain down upBs on everyone including that ***** Mk...

Famous

Smash Champion
Me loves Fireball appoach against Peach..Peach can't approach you at all in the air....

I Want to see the vids...

Top Bottom