• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Stage Discussion

The Nutz of Norcal Deez

Smash Apprentice
Going off of what BC said, Fireball camp game CAN get tricky a bit. Using the slants and the ship tilting movement can help with some camping. You can Platform Cancel here depending on the stage position. If it's leaning to the left: You can PC on the Middle and Left Platforms, but not the right one. If leaning to the right: You can PC the Middle and Right Platforms, but not the left one. If it is neutral: You can do it to all of them.

Killing vertically is a bit tougher, since this stage has one of the higher ceilings in the map selections. Try for more stage gimps if you can, or do it the ol' fashioned way and just beat em up till they're at Kill %.

I honestly don't like this stage for Luigi, despite the Ledge-Slip Up-B works here, it's just too much going on for the stage itself to make it a solid pick to go here. If you're one of those Sqweegees that like oddball stages like this, by all means go for it, but Luigi does better on the 3 neutrals imo.

Idk who you'd want to take here besides maybe a Marth or anyone's recovery that is similar to that(CF & Mario), but if you are taken here... that's a whole other story.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Lylat screws it all up

Dude
it limits your comboing (Can't chaingrab heavyweights, can't Dair>Nair, can't dthrow>Followup).
It limits your recovery (TERRIBLE LEDGES).
Your camping game (Platform stuff).
DI needed for jab-upb LOL (Tilting). < Coin comes out, so does a bullet in my head after it happens

Oh and i'm sorry about changing from Siege to lylat >.<

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Lylat screws it all up

Dude
it limits your comboing (Can't chaingrab heavyweights, can't Dair>Nair, can't dthrow>Followup).
It limits your recovery (TERRIBLE LEDGES).
Your camping game (Platform stuff).
DI needed for jab-upb LOL (Tilting). < Coin comes out, so does a bullet in my head after it happens

Oh and i'm sorry about changing from Siege to lylat >.<
yeah I felt like pointing these things. But my point on ruining spacing or moves it really does. This stage should be banned after the mk ban imo.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Okay, so I got my Castle Siege write-up done.

-Start-
I am not too fond of Castle Siege to be honest. I feel like that your starting position really affects how the match is going to go. Luigi is really strong at the lower-left side of the stage but in a bad way on the higher-right side. He controls so much more space on the left side. The right side, he forced to approach on because his fireballs aren't altered in trajectory and he doesn't benefit at all on the higher end of anything.

You can make aerials a little safer by fastfalling them on the slope as it causes you to slide away.

-Inner Castle-
This is notorious for being the "Run the **** away if you're in the lead or are a chaingrabb-able character fighting D3" stage. If I had to pick my favorite of the Castle Siege formations, it would be this one. The statues provide excellent cover from characters with better projectiles and even though it's a double-edged sword, you can refresh your moves on the statues. They also extend hitboxes and Usmash is definitely useful here.

-Volcanic Cavern-
The final part of this level is not particularly beneficial for Luigi. It's essentially FD and Lylat combined. It's tilting makes it harder to recover and with it being long and mostly flat it doesn't help for approaching or dealing with camping.

It's not a solid CP imo.

As for Lylat, I really like this stage.

-The platforms help for steady stage coverage whether it be in the air or on the ground.

-The tilting allows for platform canceling, which can be used to pressure your opponents.

-The low height of the side platforms makes Usmash useful for shield pressuring and poking from below.

-The slants makes it easier to avoid lasers and other projectiles.

-Lower ceiling for easier kills

-The tilting angles fireballs for more vertical zoning.

It's not a terrible stage at all for Luigi. Yes, the tilting can be a bit of an issue but all in all, it's pretty good for Luigi.

BSP

Smash Legend
The only thing about the Inner castle is that a lot of characters can easily avoid Luigi there if they want. Keep that in mind if time is running low.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Why they still think jungle japes is unfair? HEY GUYS WE HAVE ****ING BOMBS IN HALBERD THAT KILLS AT 70% AND HAS A HITBOX OF THE SIZE OF MY GODDAMN HAND, WHO THE **** WOULD GET KILLED BY THAT BLUE FISH?

Ps1? i'll vote for that too, i want to see what the guys think of the ice part AEAEJGAHHAEKGL<ASLMVb

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Pokemon stadium 1
- The platforms on the normal transformation are useful to get rid of Rco lag and useful for platform pressure

- the fire transformation is both bad and good. It can hurt luigi or it can help him. It is probably best to stay away from the opponent during this transformation.

- the water transformation is the same as the fire transformation, but it has more platforms so some platform games can be used. Luigi can't run through the windmill since he has multiple jumps.

- The earth transformation has large platforms including the tree. The ground of the stage is strangely misshapen and could interrupt chain grabs.

- The rock transformation has a lot of platforms and it has a closed up area in the middle of the stage. Luigi can bait his opponent into the closed up area and continuously use cyclone to rack up damage. Also the stage has a low ceiling so it allows for early kills.

BSP

Smash Legend
I don't have much either; I'll try to play on the stage as Luigi more, but I can't see it as being bad for him in any way.

On rock, if you can get the opponent on the ground in the middle of the stage, you should be able to fireball or Ftilt angled down lock them into an Up B.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
What MUs, if I may ask?
marth, Ics, pikachu, and Wolf. To me it feels that these stage are ok against this characters. lol but I use to Cp Diddy kong to ps1. Then I heard that diddy kong can camp on it so I stopped picking it.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Anybody up to discuss the next stage? I think we're pretty much done with the neutrals. What do we have next? Yoshi's Island?

I would like to hop to the counterpick stages. Gotta keep this thing afloat. lol

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Yoshi's Island

-The platform in the middle helps for preventing grabs from chain grabbing characters
- platform pressure can be applied
- the slanted floor can help in escaping chain grabs
-ghost can save Luigi from dying
-shy guys can refresh moves and cause hit lag
-small stage that helps luigi in not being camped by projectiles

BSP

Smash Legend
Agreeing with YoshQ. Do not do it. Any character that is faster than you (note: nearly everyone) will laugh while they camp you the whole match.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
i disagree, FD is good against ganondorf.

Oh wait, everything is good against ganondorf.

Except captain falcon.

He sucks

Luigisama

Smash Champion
we luigis(me, yoshq, and wang) have agreed in person to always ban fd. That will be all.

Top Bottom