• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi beats Ike?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Oh, and Luigi's aerials are worse to combo with than Mario's are due to his horrible aerial mobility. With good DI, Luigi can't do much comboing. So don't worry, I know what I'm talking about.
Is this the last post your talking about? he said he doesn't combo as well as mario not that he can't combo. Ike can combo as well so It would be pretty dumb to say someone with less knock back can't do it.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Is this the last post your talking about? he said he doesn't combo as well as mario not that he can't combo. Ike can combo as well so It would be pretty dumb to say someone with less knock back can't do it.
He states that Luigi can't combo as well as Mario, in which I would disagree were he says Luigi has horrible aerial mobility. Therefore, that's why I used the vid.

I have never stated that Ike can't combo.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
He states that Luigi can't combo as well as Mario, in which I would disagree were he says Luigi has horrible aerial mobility. Therefore, that's why I used the vid.

I have never stated that Ike can't combo.
Thats not what you said here.

That vid was meant to showcase the 0:00-0:09 section of the vid not the whole video, were Hero was stating that Luigi could not chain an attack. If you READ the previous posts you would have an idea of what I meant.

That video was not intended to prove anything against the Ike matchup.
I know you never said that Ike can't combo but you said you linked that vid because you thought that hero said luigi can't chain an attack which in reality he said that luigi can't chain as well as mario.

If you linked it because of the poor mobility well then you got sakuraied and tripped in your argument.

__V

Smash Journeyman
Luigi can string together attacks a lot better than Mario can. And Luigi can "combo" heavy characters really easily.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I'll just not delve into the arguement since it's completely off-topic and bashed to death.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Luigi can string together attacks a lot better than Mario can. And Luigi can "combo" heavy characters really easily.
They're about even. Watch the last stock.

Mario can follow better vs characters with better aerial mobility. Luigi can get into heavier characters well.

I have this as 60:40 Ike. Luigi simply can't get in and stay in vs Ike. His terrible speed and defensive options leave him powerless against an Ike that can space. He's also much easier to gimp than Mario because of how vulnerable he is during the entire recovery. His gimping ability is also a shell of Mario's.

Basically, Luigi has power and a good recovery. Both of those are taken away by the fact that Luigi has no defensive game to speak of, less than adequate approach options (lol, fireball), and an easily gimped recovery. If the Luigi's smart, he can get around the gimp pretty often by recovering high, but that still leaves two game-breakers.

Luigi also combos Ike pretty well...better than Mario can. Getting inside is going to be the main problem for Luigi throughout the entire match. Since Ike excels at keeping opponents to a distance...well...

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
If Ike holds the A button, reacts to rolls, and counters aerials with n-air, what can Luigi do?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Jeez man, it's not THAT easy, let alone at all...you have to work for these numbers.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh hai Umbreon you're a moderator now?

The Ike boards have something to match that of the Peaches now, we are top tier!

D

Deleted member

I have picked up peach as a 2nd character over the past week, so you're still outnumbered.

peach ***** DDD and wolf, my only 2 bad matches with ike.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Thats not what you said here.

I know you never said that Ike can't combo but you said you linked that vid because you thought that hero said luigi can't chain an attack which in reality he said that luigi can't chain as well as mario.

If you linked it because of the poor mobility well then you got sakuraied and tripped in your argument.
I apologize for misplacing the words "as Mario" after, "attack" in my post. But since it wasn't placed I made a mistake there. I did mean to disprove this:

Arturito_Burrito said:
that luigi can't chain as well as mario.
Arturito_Burrito said:
Exactly it got burrito Fsmashed.
Unfortunately it was, because the misplacement caused the whole argument to downfall because it changed the whole meaning of what I was supposed to be defending.

M@v

Subarashii!
Luigi can **** ike in the air; forget about everywhere else. Eruption edge guard, luigi's ground moves lack range. Luigi isn't fast enough to compensate for it. There is no way it is a huge advantage luigi.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Luigi can **** ike in the air; forget about everywhere else. Eruption edge guard, luigi's ground moves lack range. Luigi isn't fast enough to compensate for it. There is no way it is a huge advantage luigi.
He doesn’t, from 40% you can tell the difference if the opponent DI properly. By 60% it’s hard to chase Ike with anything, as he’ll be retreating with aerials and moving faster than Luigi.

boss8

Smash Hero
Ur too broke Boss. Your Luigi ***** everyone :laugh:

Srsly tho, how do you usually handle em?
handle ike with care.....XD

naw but seriously ike has nothing on you besides nair and jabs.......

ummmmm.......

if you miss the edge with your missle your screwed cause ike will be waiting for you O_o

idk bro ike is just easy for me to beat....

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
handle ike with care.....XD

naw but seriously ike has nothing on you besides nair and jabs.......

ummmmm.......

if you miss the edge with your missle your screwed cause ike will be waiting for you O_o

idk bro ike is just easy for me to beat....
Same with me and G&W/ Diddy with Mario...but they're both high disadvantage for Mario. UpB out of shield destroys G&W's turtle srsly.

How d'you usually get close vs Ike?

D

Deleted member

Luigi's air game, like all other air games in brawl, are nullified by mashing L/R.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
o_o... offline... then you're just broken... (one person doesn't make a match up)

online... then play offline >_>...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
o_O......

SO basically anyone does well with the given effort....

Right... >_> We're seeing how much effort is needed to win....

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
o_o... offline... then you're just broken... (one person doesn't make a match up)
That's what I said. Boss defies the matchups like Eggz used to. That's me once I start getting out to tourneys...

Luigi player

Smash Master
Ike just sucks >_> but Luigi does too. I don't know if Luigi can even come close to Ike besides down b or a fireball...

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Luigi flies around Ike, Ike can KO luigi easy though, fire balls and upairs become a pain for ike, Ikecan interupt luigi's movementswith jabs and nairs, so yea about even moreto hmmmm idk

Top Bottom