• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi beats Ike?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That vid was meant to showcase the 0:00-0:09 section of the vid not the whole video, were Hero was stating that Luigi could not chain an attack. If you READ the previous posts you would have an idea of what I meant.

That video was not intended to prove anything against the Ike matchup.
I'm really late, but rofl @ using my Marth as an example for anything.

I hadn't played against Luigi since like, April. I was constantly DIing toward his aerials thinking I could fair him in retaliation when I couldn't. I went into that first game without any regard to spacing. So yeah, I got *****.

But the most that'll ever prove is that Luigi can punish piss-poor DI.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
He doesn’t, from 40% you can tell the difference if the opponent DI properly. By 60% it’s hard to chase Ike with anything, as he’ll be retreating with aerials and moving faster than Luigi.
That's okay, because pretty soon after 60% is when Wigi kills.

You won't believe me. Don't worry, it'll happen to you too eventually.

Seriously, Wigi's fsmash is about as strong as Ike's, only much faster.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
That's okay, because pretty soon after 60% is when Wigi kills.

You won't believe me. Don't worry, it'll happen to you too eventually.

Seriously, Wigi's fsmash is about as strong as Ike's, only much faster.
It's a good bit weaker...but nearly lagless...

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
If you were talking about FJP I would've agreed...

But Luigi's F-Smash doesn't kill at 60%.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
And Ike's Fsmash kills at 30%

edit: Funny how you said you won't believe me though considering the Ike boards are pretty much open to any possibility.
Ike's Fsmash kills at 30% on what character, and is it charged? I know I kill at 65% on midweights frequently with Luigi's up angled Fsmash. Just saying, you're making a terrible argument here.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Luigi's UpB can kill at 0%.

That is a fact. What you said may be a fact.

What I left out here is that it has to be on a Jigglypuff on the top of the fin on Corneria.

Who knows what you left out? See where I'm going with this? You neglected to mention characters, stages (more specifically blast zone distance), DI, and whether or not the move was charged. You're killing me here dude. Really.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I didn't leave much out it works on half the cast. guess I could have said things like everyone but snake, DK, DDD, bowser, ect.

Plus the original luigi's Fsmash kills as soon as Ike's didn't say anything.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Did I make you guys mad by implying that you are exaggerating how powerful your character is? You're lashing out because I challenged your arguments, and I'm sorry, but that is just sad.

Also, you guyz r all nubs Ike 4 botm tire! <---- Actually trolling.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Did I make you guys mad by implying that you are exaggerating how powerful your character is? You're lashing out because I challenged your arguments, and I'm sorry, but that is just sad.

Also, you guyz r all nubs Ike 4 botm tire! <---- Actually trolling.
Saying that Weegee's Fsmash kills at the same percents as Ikes is clearly incorrect. I'm sorry if this challenges your preconceptions, but you're obviously in the wrong here.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Sorry, I was wrong to call you a troll.

You're an idiot.

Ike can kill with F-Smash at 30% close to the edge at FD. Go test it yourself.

Wanna know why you argue it? Because you've never seen it. Wanna know why you've never seen it? Because only an idiot would try to spam F-Smash to kill at 30% when it's clearly not going to happen.

Stop acting as if you know a character that you don't main, because you don't.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Sorry, I was wrong to call you a troll.

You're an idiot.

Ike can kill with F-Smash at 30% close to the edge at FD. Go test it yourself.

Wanna know why you argue it? Because you've never seen it. Wanna know why you've never seen it? Because only an idiot would try to spam F-Smash to kill at 30% when it's clearly not going to happen.

Stop acting as if you know a character that you don't main, because you don't.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Notice how this time, you said at 30% on the edge of Final Destination. I HAVE had this happen to me, on a couple of occasions, but it doesn't just "kill at 30%", it does so at the edge of a stage! Then you go on to accuse me of not knowing a character that I don't main, when I never even tried to tell you I knew everything about stupid little Ike. You've got to be kidding me, this is like talking to a 13 year old here. Also, for the record, I never said Luigi's Fsmash killed as early as Ike's. However, I would like you to note that on a midweight, in the center of FD, Luigi's up angled Fsmash is probably only going to be 10% shy of Ike's. I'm done here, this is a joke.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Also, for the record, I never said Luigi's Fsmash killed as early as Ike's. However, I would like you to note that on a midweight, in the center of FD, Luigi's up angled Fsmash is probably only going to be 10% shy of Ike's. I'm done here, this is a joke.
That was not your original statement. That is, in fact, a qualifier that you added on after the fact, in much the same way that you are criticizing us for. And as for ridiculous, you're the one who's making a big deal out of it. We (or at least I) are just capitalizing on your silly little tantrum for our (my) amusement.

Oh, and one other thing. You might want to test that statement first before you make a claim.

Lastly......yes, this is a joke. However, it's being played on you.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Notice how this time, you said at 30% on the edge of Final Destination. I HAVE had this happen to me, on a couple of occasions, but it doesn't just "kill at 30%", it does so at the edge of a stage! Then you go on to accuse me of not knowing a character that I don't main, when I never even tried to tell you I knew everything about stupid little Ike. You've got to be kidding me, this is like talking to a 13 year old here.
You're funny. The fact you're making such a big deal out of this on something so non-existent is very amusing. Also, it's very amusing that you're still bringing up Luigi's F-Smash.

Ike's can kill at 30%. It doesn't matter where, because the fact is it CAN happen, regardless of the stage, while Luigi's F-Smash/Up-B early kills is situational at best.

By the way, you're the only one taking this seriously. ;)

EDIT: By the way, you should stop trying to loophole your way through arguements with technicalities.

Doule EDIT: By the way, by the way, for other Luigi mains that are gonna pick up this argument, I decided to test this F-Smash contest.

Training mode
Mario is the dummy since he's the ideal middleweight. Location is Final Destination at the center.

Ike's F-Smash killed Mario at 55%. Add on the fact that kills are 5% earlier... 60%.
Luigi's F-Smash (Angled Up) killed Mario at 85%. Add on the fact that kills are 5% earlier... 90%.

Ike wins. End of story.

Hoser

Smash Ace
I didn't leave much out it works on half the cast. guess I could have said things like everyone but snake, DK, DDD, bowser, ect.

Plus the original luigi's Fsmash kills as soon as Ike's didn't say anything.

I happen to have a video of me killing my friends (rather poor) DDD with an F-smash on the edge at 47% (with DI). It's not 30%, but it's close.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
My friend kept telling me he would 3 stock me with his IC soon as we got home and that if he did I had to switch mains. I simply told him dude your not a lucario main.

If your curious I lost the match because I suck at teching but it was really close he only had nana left and was at like 130%. I lived up to 170%+ per stock too it was funny because I broke out of his grabs so fast he couldn't land Smash attacks.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
rofl!! Nana is to easy to hit with fsmash. I did it so much in tourney. I need to work getting out of grabs :/

Top Bottom