• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi 1.1.0 Patch Notes and Changes

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
We survived this one. Twitter is all out for our asses. check out @mrconcon321 for some combos with the new fair.
OR you can be nice and check mine @ Steelballray Steelballray cause I also retweeted several videos for several players

TriTails

Smash Lord
We survived this one. Twitter is all out for our *****. check out @mrconcon321 for some combos with the new fair.
OR you can be nice and check mine @ Steelballray Steelballray cause I also retweeted several videos for several players
We didn't just survived this one. We snatched some buffs! :p

Checking twitter now.

Everyone: YOUR YEAR IS OVER
Luigi: (Check luigimaster0's sig)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I suppose it was a bit of heavy thing to take. Fox loses Double Jab ->U-smash/U-tilt/things, which was pretty a lot.

I suppose they don't want a character who has U-smash of the Sparta to be able to combo to it from a F2 jab.

...Are we really going God of War in the namings here? :p
Somewhere, shofu is crying.

Luig

Confused
For those people that don't realize how much shield damage FJP does and how to sidestep.
ERORR*****
Sorry, did I say shield break? I meant missed rest.

But yes, dsmash can do RIDICULOUS shield damage.

Last edited:

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
Shield break? With Luigi? Error 404, computer hamsters not found.
Once I was bored and decided to spam f smashes at a bowser on for glory he shielded two (one half charged and one uncharged) and his shield was gone. I am not sure, but I think even an uncharged f smash eat a decent amount the enemies shields compared to other attacks in the game, although I can't foresee it happening in a serious match of course.

Last edited:

Pyr

Smash Lord
Does anyone know the window to jab reset, frame-data wise? Testing things when I get home, and I got a feeling (a pipe dream, really) that they made the jab reset window more strict.

Luig

Confused
I'm pretty sure the jab lock thing is the fireball having a few frames more endlag. Besides, locking once is usually already good enough anyway, and if the opponent is under 70 or so, you can use dtilt.

Luig

Confused
Yes, everybody says it was, and I think it was.

EDIT: testing, and I am 99.99% sure that its faster now.

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
Due to the new angle though, its more of a buff since you can edgeguard with it now.
And trip into FJP.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
I heard U-throw KB was decreased. Is this true?

If it is, we'll have another combo throw~.

I better actually testing things rather than asking them. But my download is still going...

Luig

Confused
Yes, but it's angle is much lower now.

I'll test the u-throw.

U-throw kos at 190. Not sure what it did pre patch though.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Testing, testing, 1-2-3.
Up throw KOs at 188% currently and KOd at 200% before.

Luig

Confused
I was using the wii u version.

The fireball endlag has basically no impact on gameplay besides the lock thing, so its pretty minute.

Pyr

Smash Lord
So, we lose jab locks using only fireballs and gain 3 frames of fireball endlag. And, to compensate, we get a stronger Up-B, up-throw, a Fair that does a little less and potentially becomes a better combos tool for longer, and a D-Tilt that can confirm into the Up-B/gimp a lot better.

Nintendo... I love you.

Luig

Confused
Well this was nice figuring this out.
My super stupid hopeful buff is that we can wall jump like in the E3 demo, and that we get an actual airspeed.

Shouldn't the OP be updated?

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Well this was nice figuring this out.
My super stupid hopeful buff is that we can wall jump like in the E3 demo, and that we get an actual airspeed.

Shouldn't the OP be updated?
I'll update later today. I'm going to be out until 10:30 EST.

Do you want me to include a list of changes in a spoiler tab?

TriTails

Smash Lord
I suppose we restart the MU discussions. D-tilt change seem pretty significant to me.

Do tell me if it shouldn't tho.

Note to self: Memorize the timing where you can act out of the new Fireballs.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
When I tested, down b wasn't able to suck people in as much and was easier to get out of. Can anyone confirm or deconfirm?

Cypher94

Smash Rookie
When I tested, down b wasn't able to suck people in as much and was easier to get out of. Can anyone confirm or deconfirm?

I'm home in next hour or so, I can check then but I'm really hoping they have not changed cyclone and that's a kill move for us

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
My best friend plays Sheik and G&W. Usually Sheik is very hard for me to keep inside and G&W is the opposite. I tested after the patch and didn't feel there was any kind of a difference. I played against these two characters of his a lot prior to the patch and a decent amount of times afterwards so I think my word can be taken in this matter.

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
Around how many percents earlier does the JFP kill now? I don't need very accurate data I just want it to be put in perspective.

Samura1man

Smash Rookie
Luigi's fireball got nerf, it has more ending lag, by 3 frames, correct me if I'm wrong, but anyway I had to go and test jab locking, how many of them you can jab locked once or three times.
I tested this with 20% and on Battlefield. Now there is 23 characters you can jab lock only once, before patch it was 9.
I managed to jab lock some of the characters with two fireballs, but I listed them to one fireball instead, so there wouldn't be any confusion.

--One fireball--
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Rosalina
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Sheik
Zero Suit Samus
Palutena
Marth