• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi 1.1.0 Patch Notes and Changes

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
Not so, because of the lower damage, it's easier to chain together. If anything, it's encouraging you to be more diverse with your combos. The Fireball nerf was really only substantial if you relied on them too much. But we also gained another kill throw, which frankly, I love.
Yeah, but in a high lvl play, down throw to Up B continue very and very risk =/ Depends of the DI reading and a good analogic angle and hit B time. I'm still using down throw to nair/bair or down B to kill. Vs CPU (lol) down throw to Up B is very easy because the CPU always have the same DI angle, but just vs CPU or noob players; so the Up B buff, was just a little buff as dilt. The neutral B was the biggest change like in the neutral game neutral B to run grab a shield etc. The fair -1% is good in early and mid-early stock %, but in mid-late or late stock %, the plus 1% still better.

derp90

Smash Rookie
Personally I notice the fireball nerf a lot, and watching some of Boss's recent plays, it seems like he did as well.
What gets me is that the hitstun from fireball is so weak combined with endlag, I can't out a fireball out and go for a grab, as I will usually get jabbed out of it or fast f-smashed. I'm trying to adapt to not using fireballs so much, but I feel like it does drop Luigi's placement, but I'm not an amazing player either.

Last edited:

Zanarkan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zanarkan28
I don't think Fair had any hitstun change. Everywhere else that lists patch notes only had the dmg decrease. I also have put in a lot of games on the Lean Green Killing Machine we all love since the patch and haven't noticed any difference in the time I have for follow-ups after Fair.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
Not really. 3 frames isn't as bad as it sounds.
3 frames, that's it. Really. People made it out to be a lot worse than that. I thought it was at least 5 frames.

He's definitely still top tier now, just at the lower end of it.

Also, jab to up b is huge, can't we turn this into a deadly 50/50 or something, like if they read the up b and shield we grab, but if they read the grab we up b.

Pyr

Smash Lord
3 frames, that's it. Really. People made it out to be a lot worse than that. I thought it was at least 5 frames.

He's definitely still top tier now, just at the lower end of it.

Also, jab to up b is huge, can't we turn this into a deadly 50/50 or something, like if they read the up b and shield we grab, but if they read the grab we up b.
We already do. And 3 frames is huge. It's the difference between an extra fireball or 2 in a jab reset. It cannot be understated.

And he was never really top. 1.1.1 guarantees that he isn't. Good, but not great.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
We already do. And 3 frames is huge. It's the difference between an extra fireball or 2 in a jab reset. It cannot be understated.

And he was never really top. 1.1.1 guarantees that he isn't. Good, but not great.
I consider Mario, Sonic, Yoshi and the like to be top, so that's what I ment.

Top Bottom