• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
It's an amazing support. They literally get together because they both love Chrom so much.

Though I never understood why so many people like to ship Male Robin with Lucina. As cool as she is, I don't share that headcanon. In my playthrough, Lucina married Yarne. While my Robin married Nowi. :p Manakete Morgan is freaking awesome.
Robin x Lucina is also super sweet.

I've seen some criticisms regarding Cordelia x Frederick on the grounds that it feels like she's just settling and wouldn't be very happy. Not something I believe myself but I've seen it around.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Robin x Lucina is also super sweet.

I've seen some criticisms regarding Cordelia x Frederick on the grounds that it feels like she's just settling and wouldn't be very happy. Not something I believe myself but I've seen it around.
Robin x Lucina S Support -> Hot Spring DLC Conversation -> Chapter 21 "Assassination" -> Cry

Seriously, that's what makes Robin x Lucina for me (but I do narrowly prefer Robin x Lissa and Lucina x Gerome).

About Cordelia, I just don't like her. I feel bad, since she does so much for everyone, but I feel as if she's just settling with EVERYONE she marries. I get unrequited love, but dang, she's pathetic. I personally like Frederick and Sumia, since both obviously care about Chrom and see him as their best friend. Sumia wouldn't find Frederick's obsession with Chrom unusual, and I love the idea of having Sumia just raise pegasi and horses and Frederick riding one of the horses that she raised.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Robin x Lucina S Support -> Hot Spring DLC Conversation -> Chapter 21 "Assassination" -> Cry

Seriously, that's what makes Robin x Lucina for me (but I do narrowly prefer Robin x Lissa and Lucina x Gerome).

About Cordelia, I just don't like her. I feel bad, since she does so much for everyone, but I feel as if she's just settling with EVERYONE she marries. I get unrequited love, but dang, she's pathetic. I personally like Frederick and Sumia, since both obviously care about Chrom and see him as their best friend. Sumia wouldn't find Frederick's obsession with Chrom unusual, and I love the idea of having Sumia just raise pegasi and horses and Frederick riding one of the horses that she raised.
Cordelia and Avatar is fine, as is Cordelia and Stahl. Seriously, Stahl completely opens her eyes.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Cordelia and Avatar is fine, as is Cordelia and Stahl. Seriously, Stahl completely opens her eyes.
Stahl is my favorite partner for her- I love playing music and it really did show a different side of the two of them.

Still... it's really sad/annoying that Cordelia still pines for Chrom after marriage whenever she steps on a shiny spot and that Severa seems to know that her mother was obsessed with the man that she didn't marry. Even if she marries Stahl, I just feel sorry for him because I can just see him passively trying to ignore his wife fawning over another man, and poor Stahl deserves better than that.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Stahl is my favorite partner for her- I love playing music and it really did show a different side of the two of them.

Still... it's really sad/annoying that Cordelia still pines for Chrom after marriage whenever she steps on a shiny spot and that Severa seems to know that her mother was obsessed with the man that she didn't marry. Even if she marries Stahl, I just feel sorry for him because I can just see him passively trying to ignore his wife fawning over another man, and poor Stahl deserves better than that.
Yeah, it's one of my few gripes with the game. But for what they were trying to do they still did pretty damn well.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Yeah, it's one of my few gripes with the game. But for what they were trying to do they still did pretty damn well.
Agreed- I don't really expect them to have separate dialogue for characters to change when they get married (but Severa could have just not mentioned Chrom).

While it makes me dislike Cordelia a little, it does lead to some humorous moments that I do appreciate- particularly that book that Cordelia reads that her daughter finds.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Agreed- I don't really expect them to have separate dialogue for characters to change when they get married (but Severa could have just not mentioned Chrom).

While it makes me dislike Cordelia a little, it does lead to some humorous moments that I do appreciate- particularly that book that Cordelia reads that her daughter finds.
I just laugh at Severa's joy when she finds out she's larger than her mother in the hot spring scramble. It's so ridiculous but she seems so proud. Their relationship as mother and daughter is certainly one of the more entertaining ones.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Honestly, I HATE :4lucina: and Gerome as a couple. Worst. Support. Convo. Ever.
I do like GeromexMorgan though, bonus points if it's :4lucina:'s daughter. Mostly because of this: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9904072/1/Loyalty
Also, I like Cordelia and Frederick mostly because they both probably picture Chrom during sex.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I have it headcanon'd that Cordelia and Fredrick get together. That support conversation between them is the greatest thing ever.
That would have actually been my next choice if Kellam took too long with Cordelia in my playthrough. As of this writing my Frederick is still a loner with no women to marry.

I liked to ponder that pairing, so hearing a comment like this makes me prioritize their marriage in my next playthrough.

Though I never understood why so many people like to ship Male Robin with Lucina. As cool as she is, I don't share that headcanon. In my playthrough, Lucina married Yarne. While my Robin married Nowi. :p Manakete Morgan is freaking awesome.
You wouldn't naturally marry 2 future badasses with tragic pasts?

Also, Lucina Paired Up with Robin is a walking juggernaut duo of destruction, calamity and chaos. Nothing touches them :seuss:

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
That would have actually been my next choice if Kellam took too long with Cordelia in my playthrough. As of this writing my Frederick is still a loner with no women to marry.

I liked to ponder that pairing, so hearing a comment like this makes me prioritize their marriage in my next playthrough.

You wouldn't naturally marry 2 future badasses with tragic pasts?

Also, Lucina Paired Up with Robin is a walking juggernaut duo of destruction, calamity and chaos. Nothing touches them :seuss:
EXACTLY!!!
I never got why Gerome was so popular.
Mostly because he looks, acts, and sounds like Batman. Also, I both love and hate Gerome. Depends on my mood.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I've... never really noticed that. Or got that impression. Eh, oh well. Owain all the way.

It's a real crime that Owain and Lucina's support chain is really good.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I've... never really noticed that. Or got that impression. Eh, oh well. Owain all the way.

It's a real crime that Owain and Lucina's support chain is really good.
The game says "Companions," but the darkness in the back of my mind says "Child With Birth Defects."

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
The game says "Companions," but the darkness in the back of my mind says "Child With Birth Defects."
Well, first cousins marrying was pretty common several hundred years ago and usually doesn't have the same health concerns attached to it, and considering the fact that Fire Emblem has a worse history with direct incest makes me wonder why this of all things ended up getting (not fully) censored.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
This incest talk reminds me why FE4 will never see the light of day over in the states with some of its story material :(

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Is incest THAT big of a thing in FE?

You can't be se-

Well, first cousins marrying was pretty common several hundred years ago and usually doesn't have the same health concerns attached to it, and considering the fact that Fire Emblem has a worse history with direct incest makes me wonder why this of all things ended up getting (not fully) censored.
Because today's moral guardians care too much.

This incest talk reminds me why FE4 will never see the light of day over in the states with some of its story material :(
Does said story material warrant an M rating?

Also, this has nothing to do with Lucina :|

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Incest was a plot point in FE4, Ephraim and Eirika show strong hints of it (and are in fact inspired by an incestuous norse myth), and Lucina and Owain can profess their love for each other (see, I made it about Lucina).

I think there's also a few other minor moments, and I'm not sure if those two bandits are supposed to just be overly effeminate, in a gay relationship, or overly attached (to the point of possible romance) siblings. Pretty sure it's the last one.

Also, the reason FE4 won't come out over here is that it's really, really tough and the whole cast dies halfway through. Also, it's kinda old.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Incest was a plot point in FE4, Ephraim and Eirika show strong hints of it (and are in fact inspired by an incestuous norse myth), and Lucina and Owain can profess their love for each other (see, I made it about Lucina).

I think there's also a few other minor moments, and I'm not sure if those two bandits are supposed to just be overly effeminate, in a gay relationship, or overly attached (to the point of possible romance) siblings. Pretty sure it's the last one.

Also, the reason FE4 won't come out over here is that it's really, really tough and the whole cast dies halfway through. Also, it's kinda old.
-brain bleach-

Well, Lucina is technically a second generation child, so I don't exactly see what's overly wrong with it. I mean sure, I'm no relationship expert, but a woman born to first generation husband and wife from the future liking a man born from a first generation husband and wife from he future doesn't inherently carry shades of wrong on the surface. Am I not looking deep enough?

Virtual Console exists, difficulty does not necessarily decrease a game's chances of being exported, and older games have come to the eShop.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
@FE4

The story line involves only direct strong descendents (where only one could exist per generation) being able to use these "god weapons". The 'evil' descendent were defeated/killed. An evil sect centuries later got around this by having two descendents of a relative have a child, the two semi-potent blood being able to birth a full-blood one to be the newest avatar of the dark god. After the aforementioned evil defeat, there was only one relative kept alive due to the rest being slaughtered and they were bound to never have more than one child per generation, except dun dun dun, one had two children (half brother/sister) who end up having the female half get mind-warped into committing incest/adultery/cuckolding the main character.

Also a lot of suicide implications.
It was a true Greek tragedy.

"Incest" being a plot point would be a huge understatement.

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
-brain bleach-

Well, Lucina is technically a second generation child, so I don't exactly see what's overly wrong with it. I mean sure, I'm no relationship expert, but a woman born to first generation husband and wife from the future liking a man born from a first generation husband and wife from he future doesn't inherently carry shades of wrong on the surface. Am I not looking deep enough?
I think you're forgetting that Owain will always be her first cousin.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
@FE4

The story line involves only direct strong descendents (where only one could exist per generation) being able to use these "god weapons". The 'evil' descendent were defeated/killed. An evil sect centuries later got around this by having two descendents of a relative have a child, the two semi-potent blood being able to birth a full-blood one to be the newest avatar of the dark god. After the aforementioned evil defeat, there was only one relative kept alive due to the rest being slaughtered and they were bound to never have more than one child per generation, except dun dun dun, one had two children (half brother/sister) who end up having the female half get mind-warped into committing incest/adultery/cuckolding the main character.
THAT is actually creepy.

Now I won't, and now I need to grind that image out of my head.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
@FE4

Now when you put it like that... ugh. man, I really need to play through Geneology at some point. I've always wanted to.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Speaking of "eww wth" things, in the Future Past DLC, Grima (though the Avatar's body) will taunt Lucina, saying the person "who controlled this body loved [Chrom]" — which does NOT change if the Avatar is married to someone else, or if the Avatar is male. Not to mention, when the Avatar of either gender or marriage is trapped by Grima at the end, they can only be brought back by the sound of Chrom's voice.

Um...weird much?

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Speaking of "eww wth" things, in the Future Past DLC, Grima (though the Avatar's body) will taunt Lucina, saying the person "who controlled this body loved [Chrom]" — which does NOT change if the Avatar is married to someone else, or if the Avatar is male. Not to mention, when the Avatar of either gender or marriage is trapped by Grima at the end, they can only be brought back by the sound of Chrom's voice.

Um...weird much?
I blame that more on the story limitations and programming limits that the team had before fringing it to market. When you think about it stuff like Cordelia's dialogue not changing even when she's married or Robin only being affected by Chrom's voice and even the Avatar's love interest not getting a unique dialogue when Robin...
vanishes after killing grima
So I think it's more just a fault of the deadline.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I blame that more on the story limitations and programming limits that the team had before fringing it to market. When you think about it stuff like Cordelia's dialogue not changing even when she's married or Robin only being affected by Chrom's voice and even the Avatar's love interest not getting a unique dialogue when Robin...
vanishes after killing grima
Fault nothing, that was clearly an in joke :seuss:

Besides, Chrom's Matthew Marcer voice is sexy. I don't get why Grima thinks Lucina's isn't, sexist jerk.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
It's a world with magic, magic blood, and blood magic. I don't think being related would really matter for them since their blood is literally blessed by a god.

This. There's a LOT wrong with the game in terms of character interactions and character development, but at least 90% of it can be attributed to them not having enough time to properly tune and tweak it, because it's mostly easily fixable things, but things that would take time.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't remember posting here after Lucina was revealed. Too much Robin hype, it seems.

Anyway, I think Lucina should have her cut-in whenever she uses her Final Smash, regardless if it's cloned or not. Her critical quotes are badass and deserve to be in Smash.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Oh wow did not know that about FE8 lol but I had an feeling that it had some hints of incest in it. Also I married Owain to Lucina on my first play through so I can get it outta the way. Outside of that I would of married Cynthia to Owain which would of also been incest cause Cynthia is also Chrom's kid :(.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
@FE4

Also a lot of suicide implications.
It was a true Greek tragedy.

"Incest" being a plot point would be a huge understatement.
Game of Thrones would be proud.

Um...weird much?
Robin clearly has a repressed homosexual feelings for Chrom, and he marries Lucina because she's the next best thing.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Game of Thrones would be proud.

Robin clearly has a repressed homosexual feelings for Chrom, and he marries Lucina because she's the next best thing.
I'm amazed you didn't find that I copy pasted it from Tvtropes.

Sounds like a fun headcanon :]

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm amazed you didn't find that I copy pasted it from Tvtropes.

Sounds like a fun headcanon :]
You monster.
It is a funny headcanon. Not as funny as the "Both Cordelia and Frederick picture Chrom when banging each other" headcanon though. How's the Sully and :4lucina:!Morgan fic going?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You monster.
It is a funny headcanon. Not as funny as the "Both Cordelia and Frederick picture Chrom when banging each other" headcanon though. How's the Sully and :4lucina:!Morgan fic going?
eww no your headcanon is disgusting ugh wth

Surprisingly, I've been lambasted this week and gotten little time to myself. I'll send you a preview tonight.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
eww no your headcanon is disgusting ugh wth

Surprisingly, I've been lambasted this week and gotten little time to myself. I'll send you a preview tonight.
Excellent. I can't wait to read it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom