• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
GAH ITS GRIMAS COUSIN RUN FOR YOUR LIVES

That depends on how different they really are. Since, ya know, clones and all.
I AM ACTUALLY GRIMAS FATHER

I'm just going off the assumption that she's an exact copy of Marth except her sword differences. I can see her being more effective against characters that like to camp and spam projectiles *cough*Samus*cough*

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I'm not quite sure yet if I'll main her. I've been maining Marth in Brawl, and since they are basically clones, I don't think it would take that long for me to get used to her. Isn't she essentially a weaker, faster Marth?

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
A poll of over 1000 people on Reddit has Lucina as the 4th most popular character in terms of who people want to main. :awesome:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
A twin mechanic would fit that perfectly; shame Grima didn't have the foresight to make 2 Morgans instead of one :seuss:

Not sure I catch you on individual supports, since Morgan and the non-Robin parent have supports.
Actually in the days of future past DLC, the Grima of that time DID create two Morgans. So really you should get the twins in the real timeline.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
A mixture of both. I wish it were possible to get both Morgan's in one playthrough. I also wish Morgan's non Robin parent had specific supports with her/him.
Hm...twin Morgans?
That's interesting.

I just want the ability to have male Morgan in a male playthrough, and vice versa.
Particularly vice versa.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Actually in the days of future past DLC, the Grima of that time DID create two Morgans. So really you should get the twins in the real timeline.
OH YOU HAD TO SPOIL THAT DID YA NOT EVERYONE HAS THAT DLC

Hm...twin Morgans?
That's interesting.

I just want the ability to have male Morgan in a male playthrough, and vice versa.
Particularly vice versa.
I'm fine with F!Morgan, personally. My next playthrough is gonna be :4robinf: anyway.

shame she doesnt have dat @ Robertman2 Robertman2 sadism ingame :seuss:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well it's not that big a spoiler is it? It's not like I said what happens in it just that two morgans appear. Sorry?
I didn't indicate it being a joke :seuss:

I spoiled that for myself long ago; it had slipped my mind, but you gave me an excuse to overreact :troll:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Wait, I know Morgan and Morgan are the bosses, but he created them? Anyways, I considered DoFP to be a nightmare of :4lucina:'s, so yeah.

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
A poll of over 1000 people on Reddit has Lucina as the 4th most popular character in terms of who people want to main. :awesome:
Interesting. Who were the top 1-3? inb4Megaman#1

Can you link the poll?

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
That's amazing. 2 characters from the same franchise and game in the top 5.

Awakening is just that goddamn good, isn't it?
With Robin being both popular and having an interesting moveset, I'm sure that won a lot of redditers' opinions.
I think with Lucina, she's just super popular and people just like her a lot. :D

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I am VERY surprised Megaman isn't number 1 considering how many people love him...

Great to see Robin number 2. He's one of the characters I'm very excited about.
I think Mega Man is somewhat over rated.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
People probably felt that MM looked underwhelming from the gameplay videos these past couple of months.

Glad to see three of my favorite characters place so high! Now if only we had a larger scaled poll.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well, to be fair, as the owner of this thread, I can tell you that it was a bit off topic.

Good catch by the way.
My apologies. Amazing how fast a thread can derail.

im a huge transformers fan, derp, but stopping now before off topic more

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Wait, I know Morgan and Morgan are the bosses, but he created them? Anyways, I considered DoFP to be a nightmare of :4lucina:'s, so yeah.
Well I'll try to avoid spoilers...

In days of Future past there is not indication of Robin/Grima having a spouse of any kind, despite having both the male and female Morgans as twins. This does not change even when Robin is married, as far as I know. Since Robin would have likely turned on Chrom and the rest before he ever got married and had children (Though I suppose the timeline isn't explained amazingly well) I just thought that Grima had created the children as his generals or something...

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Though they both react to Robin as their parent, which is kinda weird since one of them should not be able to do that, so I'm not sure how to explain that.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Though they both react to Robin as their parent, which is kinda weird since one of them should not be able to do that, so I'm not sure how to explain that.
Well I'll try to avoid spoilers...

In days of Future past there is not indication of Robin/Grima having a spouse of any kind, despite having both the male and female Morgans as twins. This does not change even when Robin is married, as far as I know. Since Robin would have likely turned on Chrom and the rest before he ever got married and had children (Though I suppose the timeline isn't explained amazingly well) I just thought that Grima had created the children as his generals or something...
Hence one of the reasons why I don't care for the Days of Future Past DLC! Along with being depressing.
Also, any Fire Emblem headcanons you guys have?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Isn't Cliffjumper dead?
depends on series

With Robin being both popular and having an interesting moveset, I'm sure that won a lot of redditers' opinions.
I think with Lucina, she's just super popular and people just like her a lot. :D
You'd think Chrom was more popular pre-reveal due to Gematsu.

But no, how surprising that his daughter and tactician that everybody thought had no chance instantly overshadow any popularity Chrom had and both get in the top 5.

IF I MUST REPEAT MAHSELF AWAKENING IS SO FLIPPING AMAZING

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Hence one of the reasons why I don't care for the Days of Future Past DLC! Along with being depressing.
Also, any Fire Emblem headcanons you guys have?
Yeah, I agree. Plus it had waaaaaaaaaaay too much Wolverine.

Inigo and Owain's stand at the bridge was awesome. Tiki's ascension is pretty cool too

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yeah, I agree. Plus it had waaaaaaaaaaay too much Wolverine.

Inigo and Owain's stand at the bridge was awesome. Tiki's ascension is pretty cool too
Goddamnit. Every. Freaking. Time. Why do I always refer to the DLC as Days of Future Past?! Anyways, I do agree. I just didn't care for it as a whole. Anyways, headcanons?

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Goddamnit. Every. Freaking. Time. Why do I always refer to the DLC as Days of Future Past?! Anyways, I do agree. I just didn't care for it as a whole. Anyways, headcanons?
Eh, Mostly I debate on my canon for Robin, but I really came to love Tharja/Gregor. Admittedly it's not the best support for Noire, but the two's interactions was downright beautiful through the A support that it became one of my favorites.

Gaius/Maribelle is probably my second favorite, do to Gaius's direct ties to Maribelle's family and how the two work past that.

Lon'qu/Cherche is third. Admittedly I'm pretty okay with switching Gregor/Tharja with Gregor/Cherche and have Lon'qu/Tharja, but I like the Tharja/Gregor pairing too much to let it go so this became the third pair

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I have it headcanon'd that Cordelia and Fredrick get together. That support conversation between them is the greatest thing ever.

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I have it headcanon'd that Cordelia and Fredrick get together. That support conversation between them is the greatest thing ever.
You are literally the first person I've seen who has felt that way about their support.

I my headcanon is that female Robin married Chrom and Male Robin married Lucina.

I actually just did a Lunatic run with only the members of the Royal House of Ylisse (plus the Khans and Tiki later on).

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I'll give Lucina a fair shot. Depending on how nerfed Marth got, Lucina is the acceptable option.
Probably practice more with Shulk though.

HdTyvek

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-1655-5444
Exactly this.
Lucina is my favorite character in Fire Emblem, as well as my waifu.

Hell yeah I'll main her, and I'll be the best Lucina in the Midwest.
Glad to see someone else made her their waifu besides me haha

But yes, Lucina is my favorite video game character ever so seeing her in smash bros makes me hyped. so Lucina Mains all the way!

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
You are literally the first person I've seen who has felt that way about their support.

I my headcanon is that female Robin married Chrom and Male Robin married Lucina.

I actually just did a Lunatic run with only the members of the Royal House of Ylisse (plus the Khans and Tiki later on).
It's an amazing support. They literally get together because they both love Chrom so much.

Though I never understood why so many people like to ship Male Robin with Lucina. As cool as she is, I don't share that headcanon. In my playthrough, Lucina married Yarne. While my Robin married Nowi. :p Manakete Morgan is freaking awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom