• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
One Thing nearly at the end of the Trailer when Robin & Lucina are fighting Marth & Ike.
(The Scene where ist going slowmo) Lucinas pose in the air doesnt loke familiar.(i mean to Marth)
Did Marth had any moves with such a pose?

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.

Great to see Lucina is actually in the game! As much as I wanted her included, I honestly did not have high hopes. I am slightly disappointed she is a clone, but at the same time not surprised; it is not easy to create solid, unique playstyle from scratch with so little materials to work with.

Nevertheless, today's reveal absolutely made mine day!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
That's too hard to say (the full roster still isn't known, after all). Although I don't know that I play Smash enough overall to consider anybody my 'main'. I will definitely be trying her out and playing her a lot!

Xafer2468

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xafer2468
So far, i'm dissapointed with her moveset. But i made a commitment to main her if she was announced and i gatta stick to that.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
One Thing nearly at the end of the Trailer when Robin & Lucina are fighting Marth & Ike.
(The Scene where ist going slowmo) Lucinas pose in the air doesnt loke familiar.(i mean to Marth)
Did Marth had any moves with such a pose?
Yes. That move was actually counter (Down B)
It's the same exact move :sadeyes:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
:4lucina: is probably going to be my most reliant secondary character of mine just like how :marthmelee: functions for me in Melee or how :roypm: functions as one of many secondary characters I rely on in Project M.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Of course! She was my most wanted newcomer, so of course I'll main her. In previous Smash games, I liked Marth's playstyle but not really his character. This resulted in me not really playing Marth as often as I would have (although he was one of my first mains), so I think Lucina would be perfect for me.

She'll be my main alongside Robin and my previous mains!

Last edited:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Absolutely.

She's the only newcomer I wanted aside from Little Mac and since I'm familiar with Marth in Melee, PM, and a little bit of SSB4, I should transition easily to Lucy.

Hong

The Strongest
I'm sorry, but the face she made in the trailer

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks it looks a bit odd? It's only a taunt, so it's not a problem, but still.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Peach is checking out Lucina in Robin/Lucina's promotional poster :laugh:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I don't know. Maybe? I really like her character, but I was never a big fan of Marth's play style, so... Only time will tell.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
DOES THOS CONFIRM THAT LUCINA IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN CHROM.CANONICALALLURE

IM SORRY I CANT TYPE IM JUST SO HYPE RIGHT NOW

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

Best day ever.

Lucina was easily my most wanted newcomer and Gematsu rumor had me convinced we were getting Chrom.
I almost feel like the trailer practically referenced Chrom getting cut to add Lucina and/or Robin... I was almost waiting for him to get up and be a paired up character with her like some rumors suggested.

Last edited:

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
She'll at least be my initial main until I get done trying everyone out. I mained Marth in Melee (only bringing that one up because it's the only one I've done extensive playing on), and she seems to function similarly to how he did then. Especially if she's aerial focused, since that (plus the dashing slash and Dancing Blade) were the things I enjoyed the most about Marth back then.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Really happy Lucy's in. While I still hope that a certain other Gematsu leak character is still in (Shulk pls), I'm glad Sakurai went with Robin and one of my favorite characters from Awakening (not that I would have minded Chrom, but I like these two more.)

Mained for sure~

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Sorry if this is not the right place to ask this, but:

What Event Matches would Lucina partake in when concerning SSB4?

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Depending on just how much Marth was nerfed, I may use her. Though it does bother me that it seems that Marth's nerfs were to make him different from Lucina.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium

Drome, wtf, that's like the first time i've seen you this hype over something. Pfft.
It's cute. <3

Totally didn't expect Lucina over Chrom. That was a shocker, but i'm cool with it. I used her in every run of awakening anyways. -w-

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.

[Shrugs] Well, it is kind of thanks to Lucina's actions that the Shepherds had a happy ending. She saved Chrom from getting butchered not once, but twice. She also saved his sister, Lissa, from an untimely demise. She also convinced Basilio to swallow his pride and walk away from a certain death. And I am sure I missed a few more. If Lucina had not come back in time, it is quite possible history would have repeated itself, and Grima would have stole the happy ending.

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I dont care if shes an alt for Marth or her own character!
Im happy that shes in Smash and i will main her!!

Spire

III
BRoomer
I think Lucina has introduced a new rule in character presentation on the official site, rounding out prerequisites to the following:
  • Newcomers with unique movesets are featured in rectangular fields with their portrait, series symbol, and an accompanying image.
  • Newcomers cloned from other characters are relegated to a normal square not unlike veterans, but are marked with a red newcomer flag on their individual pages.
Lucina seems to be the first clone. I honestly don't mind that we may get clones this time around if it extends the roster. They'll take the Brawl approach and tweak each clone to be different enough from the original moveset source that each will yield unique personality and playstyle.

Hong

The Strongest

Well, Intelligent Systems would vouch for her being their favourite of the Awakening characters, as well as her immense popularity in Japan. :)

Lucina can take Marth's moveset, because she models herself as the hero of legend. Chrom is just like a guy who watched a bunch of Ike movies and wants to imitate him, but he can't because he sucks and got kneed in the nether for even trying to mess with Falcon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom