• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Anyways, changing the topic, one thing I notice with most Lucina modded textures hacks compared to the official one for Smash 4, is that the modded textures hacks have the mark of naga eye, but the official one does not.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I cant believe it! Lucina is in!!!!
Freaking YES!!! Now i dont Need to care about Newcomers anymore!

....wait....
-no Shulk
-Chrom deconfirmed
-Robin & Lucina instead

.....dont worry, Sal Romano cleary had outdated informations.:troll:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I think this got buried in the clone or not a clone discussion, so here is an official icon for Lucina:

please add to the OP, @ Vinylic. Vinylic.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I cant believe it! Lucina is in!!!!
Freaking YES!!! Now i dont Need to care about Newcomers anymore!

....wait....
-no Shulk
-Chrom deconfirmed
-Robin & Lucina instead

.....dont worry, Sal Romano cleary had outdated informations.:troll:
How the hell is Chrom deconfirmed?

nessokman

Smash Lord
Still no subforum? What the hell smashboards, she is a character, she should have a subforum....If roy were under these circumstances, he would have his own subforum

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Something tells me Chrom is a part of Robins final Smash.....:troll:

At this Moment i couldnt care less if Lucina is a clone. Toon Link is one as well an i prefer him over the orginal Link.
I have my Luci and you can bet your *** i will main here.

Sorry Sonic, Lucario got a new Partner for Team Battle now. I call this Team: Team-Lu! xD

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
Sumia is as close to a canon wife for Chrom as we're likely to ever get. That said, I doubt Lucina's mother will factor into Smash.

Also, I am very excited for Lucina! She's my favorite Awakening character! GET HYPE!

Subforum when?!
Congrats to you and everyone else who wanted her in and got her! One of the the things I love about Smash is that you don't have to be pumped about every single character getting in. Because while I and others may not plan to play as Lucina or Robin there are others that totally will! It's always a win when a character is announced. SO MANY OPTIONS!

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Been rooting for Lucina for months, so had to register now that she's been confirmed. Little bit more hyped for Robin due to a completely new move set (and while I wasn't rooting for him, I did want him in (though with hood up) since he'd be unique). Can't wait!

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I must admit, this is a intereting moment for me because I had mostly given up on the idea a long time ago. When the game was announced Lucina was on the top of my list of list for respected newcomers. However after Marth was announced and time went along pointing further and further towards Chrom and the constant bickering within the Fire Emblem discussions led me to go into a netural corner between the three awakening character but still remained doubtful which caused today's trailer to be a much bigger shock where even my normal neutral and calm handling of those situations nearly went out of control while I was at work, hah.

It's a weird feeling.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Now this just needs to be moved to said Sub forum. Awesome none the less.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
So does anyone have any palette swap ideas for Lucina? I'm hoping the colors would be based off her potential mothers and the green outfit is thrown in. It may not be likely since it didn't happen in Awakening but why not change her hair color to represent her mother?

Here's my ideas,

Default - Blue outfit w/ blue hair
Robin - Black outfit w/ white hair
Sully - Red outfit w/ red hair
Sumia - Purple outfit w/ gray hair
Maribelle - Pink outfit w/ blonde hair
Olivia - White outfit w/ pink hair
Green - Green outfit w/ blue hair (No mother in green outfit. Represents her ally sprite)

Hong

The Strongest
This has been championed as our general Lucina thread.

Enjoy. :)

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Paying my dues to Lucina, I didn't think she or Robin would make it!

Guess I'm going to the I was wrong thread and saying that I'm wrong.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I must admit, this is a intereting moment for me because I had mostly given up on the idea a long time ago. When the game was announced Lucina was on the top of my list of list for respected newcomers. However after Marth was announced and time went along pointing further and further towards Chrom and the constant bickering within the Fire Emblem discussions led me to go into a netural corner between the three awakening character but still remained doubtful which caused today's trailer to be a much bigger shock where even my normal neutral and calm handling of those situations nearly went out of control while I was at work, hah.

It's a weird feeling.
I understand. I wanted Lucina more than Chrom as well, but I had just come to accept that Chrom was the one that was happening, and I even accepted it as I like Chrom as well.

This trailer took me by complete and total surprise. I was going in fully expecting Shulk, only to further confirm the underwheling Gematsu leak (more that I just was feeling really down about having all of the characters leaked to us so early, the element of surprise was completely gone). When it was Fire Emblem I was a bit surprised, but I still 'knew' it was going to be Chrom.

Then when it showed Lucina in the light and a pose where it might say she is going to join the battle started and then the text showed up I flipped out. However, the "?" threw me for a loop, alongside the fact that I just couldn't throw the leak away like that, especially when Chrom was present in the scene.

And then Robin appears, and is cemented as a newcomer, and I think by this point I had lost all sense in my mind and, when Chrom appeared I thought he was playable too. xD

Seriously, if there's one thing I have to give the team here, it's that the character trailers they created have always been incredibly suspenseful. From the "Is that Kirby in Mario Kart?" Rosalina trailer (when both MK8 and SSB4 had been confirmed to be shown in that direct, but Iwata said they only had one title left to show and neither had been shown. o.O), to Greninja's trailer (where I really thought we were to going to see Mewtwo) to this... They really know how to play with the mind. I am impressed. xD

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I'll admit, when I saw Arena Ferox and Lucina fighting I immediately thought it would be Chrom. Then it was like "Lucina wakes her blade?!" and I just said "WHAT" really loudly.

Then I kept watching it and I was just thinking ok they're going to reveal Chrom now, give it a second... "Robin brings the thunder" "WHAAAAT"

And at the end I saw Chrom fighting and for a second I thought he was playable.

Screw you Sakurai.

Hong

The Strongest
Ha! And the idea of seeing Lucina today was thought impossible, eh?

I can't help but be a little snide.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
WE MADE IT

THROUGH GEMATSU AND DETRACTORS AND MARTH NAYSAYERS

WE F***ING MADE IT.

*ahem*

On that last topic, Lucina seems to be a dang clone at the least and alt costume at the worst, but her own page on SSB4 gives me hope. Most importantly though WE'RE IN.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I think I agree with you, Also Monday will be Lucina day I know it will. a bright future where we have destroyed the evil leak. Lucina came from the future to make it happen.
aye I was right

EDIT: I made a right call for smash character, will everyone believe all my guesses now like they did with gematsu?????

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I knew it was going to be Captain Falcon, tho.
I never expected either Lucina or Robin. But I can't complain

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Makes you wonder which clone will be higher on the tier list this time, Lucina or Marth.

It was Marth in Melee, but there were a lot of Roy players in both Melee and PM

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I think I agree with you, Also Monday will be Lucina day I know it will. a bright future where we have destroyed the evil leak. Lucina came from the future to make it happen.
Very happy for you guys, glad you all kept the hope alive, despite everyone wrongly taking the Gematsu leak as 100% confirmed.

Ding-dong, the leak is dead! CONGRATS! :colorful:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
To my fellow Lucina supporters:

Hope never died! Copying @ Hong Hong here, since I feel this especially needs a post. I'm writing this to congratulate all of us for sticking through with Lucina, despite being overshadowed by Robin and Chrom supporters on this forum. Of course, there was absolutely no way Intelligent Systems would pay their favored heroine, arguably the most important character in the game and most popular overall, dust. We stuck with logic and believed in Fire Emblem's biggest trait: diversity. Being such an iconic female protagonist should not go left unrecognized, especially in favor of yet another blue haired swordsman. Lucina is a butterfly, symbolizing freedom, change, and hope. Robin is the heart of the game, but Lucina is the reason why everything is worth fighting for. Throughout the journey we had small clues: Arena Ferox, Lucina's boss map and that Amiibo icon, which supposedly meant nothing. We were against a "credible" leak, but odds played out in the favor of logic. We're in!!

She must be pretty darn significant if Sakurai had to sacrifice his disregard for clones or different characters in 1 slot in order to include her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom