• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's also kind of one those things that Marth isn't exactly Mario or Link in the sense of him being a face of the series, he was the first lord but at the same time since Fire Emblem doesn't tend to keep the same characters over more then a couple of games at a time. It could be argue that Marth doesn't have the same type of staying power that certain other series mascot do.

Marth's main staying power in the smash series probably has more to do with his presence in the Smash series then his role in his own series at this point, that's probably more then enough to keep him around as the case may show. I wouldn't go as far to say he could never be replaced however.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Except the Falchion only appears in 5 or 6 games(depending on whether or not you count the Gaiden Falchion)
It's the symbol used in Smash. Most games use the legendary weapons from that game in the signature Falchion Pose. I meant tt say the Falchion is probably closer than Marth. But I don't think FE has a mascot.
How do most people not know who Marth is? He was in Melee, he RETURNED in Brawl, we have Shadow Dragon, and we have Marth mentioned and as a DLC character in awakening

If Marth wasn't the mascot why would he be in melee why would he return in brawl so those reasons make Marth definitely return
Like I said, the concept of mascot in a series isn't created by Smash Bros. It's about what is actually in the games. Mario, Link, Pikachu, Samus, Kirby, Pit, etc are all their series respective mascots because of the way they are presented in the games and media. Before Awakening, none of the FE games even mentioned Marth to my knowledge after FE3. That is FE4 through FE10 (last original game before Awakening). They all don't mention the series mascot. If I just played Fire Emblem games in North America, I would have no idea who Marth is from playing FE7, FE8, FE9, FE10. FE11 and FE12 happen to be remakes. Does OoT represent Zelda because it's the only game to get a remake. No. I remake is sometimes just a remake. Unlikes its NES comrades like SMB3 and LoZ, FE1 hasn't aged well. It also was never released internationally. It's just the design of the series that no one character can represent it.

Let's look at the message FE games portray. Armies. Multiple units. Permadeath. FE is about how no one character is bigger than a cause. That's why most of them can die (permadeath). The lords just survive to serve the story. Sigurd died in FE4. No one character is bigger than the rest or even do it alone (shut up Seth). It's more fitting that FE games don't have a mascot. After each lord's tale is done, they receive written words for their ending. No more battles. And they pass on the title of lord to the next protagonist in the series (not officially of course). It's more fitting that a symbol is the series mascot. Soldiers die. Some on the battlefield. Others long after the war is over. Symbols can live forever.

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
It's also kind of one those things that Marth isn't exactly Mario or Link in the sense of him being a face of the series, he was the first lord but at the same time since Fire Emblem doesn't tend to keep the same characters over more then a couple of games at a time. It could be argue that Marth doesn't have the same type of staying power that certain other series mascot do.

Marth's main staying power in the smash series probably has more to do with his presence in the Smash series then his role in his own series at this point, that's probably more then enough to keep him around as the case may show. I wouldn't go as far to say he could never be replaced however.
We'll he isn't even a newcomer in brawl he was a veteran, Marth was in Melee.
Brawl didn't take any of the original 12 so why would the next one remove the returning 8 from Melee?
Removing veterans is impossible because if you think logically why would you return this character when you wouldn't do it to the next game.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Brawl didn't take any of the original 12 so why would the next one remove the returning 8 from Melee?
Removing veterans is impossible because if you think logically why would you return this character when you wouldn't do it to the next game.
Expect that Brawl already removed several characters from Melees roster such as Roy and Mewtwo for example. Being the previous game doesn't necessary guanartee anything about the fate of a character. At the most it probably means their slightly higher on the list of consideration. My only point is like Roy and Mewtwo, Marth is from a series where the central characters continually change so there is always a possiblelity that Marth could be removed at some point and time, how likely it is however, is another arugment all together.

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
Expect that Brawl already removed several characters from Melees roster such as Roy and Mewtwo for example. Being the previous game doesn't necessary guanartee anything about the fate of a character. At the most it probably means their slightly higher on the list of consideration. My only point is like Roy and Mewtwo, Marth is from a series where the central characters continually change so there is always a possiblelity that Marth could be removed at some point and time, how likely it is however, is another arugment all together.
There is never a possibility they will remove a Marth purely for the tradition in SSB:
He was one of my favourite characters in Melee
He is too popular
He is the mascot character of the Fire Emblem Series
He is too important as a longstanding Nintendo character

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
There is never a possibility they will remove a Marth purely for the tradition in SSB:
He is too popular
He is too important as a longstanding Nintendo character
Now your just repeating yourself. Once again I'm not questioning Marth role in the smash series, but I think your overstating Marth's significence to his own series. Once again I am not doubt the high possibility that het will be return, I'm just not going to submit the idea that it's phyicsally impossible.

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
Now your just repeating yourself. Once again I'm not questioning Marth role in the smash series, but I think your overstating Marth's significence to his own series. Once again I am not doubt the high possibility that het will be return, I'm just not going to submit the idea that it's phyicsally impossible.
Its important to go by patterns when making a roster you know

Hong

The Strongest
Nothing is impossible. You are simply creating arbitrary rules that honestly have no tangible ground to support it. Our venerated director will do what is best for the product, in the eyes of the greatest number of stake-holders.
And he was one of my favourite characters before Melee, but at the end of the day, people who actually appreciate Marth for Marth are a trivial sum. Your adoration for the character has no impact on game development. As it stands, Marth isn't a core Nintendo character. No one from Fire Emblem is. If they are not a core Nintendo character, whether or not they show up is entirely dictated by gameplay potential, franchise representation and develop cost/benefit. In the grand scheme of things, if they personally feel replacing Marth with Lucina generates more hype for the product than ire, they will go with that option.
He is too popular
Not as popular as Mewtwo. If you were to express popularity as a value, if you take away his appearance in Smash Bros, he is near bottom of the barrel.
Not in the least, but I would say he is probably the most iconic figure, even beyond Anna.
Its important to go by patterns when making a roster you know
One occurrence between two points without pause is not a pattern. It is a succession. We don't have math to work with.

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
Nothing is impossible. You are simply creating arbitrary rules that honestly have no tangible ground to support it. Our venerated director will do what is best for the product, in the eyes of the greatest number of stake-holders.
Rules from The Super Smash Bros. 4 Roster Maker Contest!

1) The roster must include the Original 12, plus everyone who returned to Brawl from Melee, and all confirmed SSB4 characters, Everyone else is fair game.

2) The roster must include at least 2 Nintendo Newcomers.

3) The roster must include at least 3 third parties including Mega Man, but no more than 6, absolutely no more than 6!

4) The roster must have at least 25 characters, but no more than 50. It must be made with Super Smash Bros Roster Maker Current Version, by Jakor (Big thanks to him!). The Random Box does not count as a character.

5) No 4th Parties AT ALL.

6) Unlockable and starter are optionl but strongly prefered.

7) Every character must have at least appeared on a Nintendo Console; NO MASTER CHIEF AND STUFF LIKE THAT!

Hong

The Strongest
A roster maker that exists within a thread that a small portion of people in a community, on an English forum, that the developer probably has not even seen, has zero relevance to game development.

Nado

Smash Cadet
Rules from The Super Smash Bros. 4 Roster Maker Contest!

1) The roster must include the Original 12, plus everyone who returned to Brawl from Melee, and all confirmed SSB4 characters, Everyone else is fair game.

2) The roster must include at least 2 Nintendo Newcomers.

3) The roster must include at least 3 third parties including Mega Man, but no more than 6, absolutely no more than 6!

4) The roster must have at least 25 characters, but no more than 50. It must be made with Super Smash Bros Roster Maker Current Version, by Jakor (Big thanks to him!). The Random Box does not count as a character.

5) No 4th Parties AT ALL.

6) Unlockable and starter are optionl but strongly prefered.

7) Every character must have at least appeared on a Nintendo Console; NO MASTER CHIEF AND STUFF LIKE THAT!
I don't see how this matters to your argument. Its not like that thread is the official rules for determining who can be on the roster. Its just a forum game, if I were the creator of the thread and said, "8) Marth may not be on the roster" would that mean marth isn't on the game roster anymore?

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how this matters to your argument. Its not like that thread is the official rules for determining who can be on the roster. Its just a forum game, if I were the creator of the thread and said, "8) Marth may not be on the roster" would that mean marth isn't on the game roster anymore?
Well number 8 would interfere with the first rule
Enough
____________________________________________________________________________________

The reason it seems awkward is you're replacing Marth with a character that is trying to copy and mimic Marth (for example: Bowser Jr. in Super Mario Sunshine had been in disguise as mario, So that would be like saying Bowser Jr. would replace Mario) Marth is the main character of the fire emblem SERIES. Olimar has been confirmed to return although he wasn't the protagonist in Pikmin 3 same think with Marth. Marth's position in relevance now is no different than his initial inclusion in Melee. I don't see why a character in Melee and Brawl would be chosen as cuts when they were chosen to stay in the first place.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Saying that replacing Marth is comparable to replacing Mario is not an equal statement. Mario is a the central figure of a series that does not heavily change it's character selection from game to game. Fire Emblem generally does not keep any of the same characters for more then 2 games if your lucky, Marth was the first Lord, that's really it.

Your points in regards to his place in smash in fair enough and is a fair enough arguement, as said previously Marth chances of being removed are lower then other previous characters for a number of reasons, but claiming that it is impossible is not being honest about the situation around the character himself.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Marth is the main character of the fire emblem SERIES.
most prominent character of the fire emblem series*

To be the main character of a series, you should at least star in more than half of them. Marth doesn't even appear in half of them.

You couldn't say FE is about Marth.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
In any case, appearing in 5 games in a series with an ever-changing cast is no mean feat. Especially when he got TWO games post-Brawl.

I'd put Marth's chances at 99%.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'd put it closer to around 85% but that's probably splitting hairs at that point.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
In any case, appearing in 5 games in a series with an ever-changing cast is no mean feat. Especially when he got TWO games post-Brawl.

I'd put Marth's chances at 99%.
He appears in two remakes of the first and third game. And appears as a spirit form of himself in Awakening, rather than the actual Marth. Along with most of the other lead characters from the series (one per game and a few extras). They didn't even both giving him a new model; they just stuck his head on Lucina's 3D model. Most don't consider Sheik's appearance in Ocarina of Time 3D her second appearance. The enhanced remake of Star Fox 64 for the 3DS does not magically increase the amount of appearances of Fox, Falco, or Wolf for their series. It's only because the remakes have been dubbed FE11 and FE12 that they aren't considered remakes on the same level as these other enhanced remakes, rather than giving Fire Emblem: Awakening the distinction of Fire Emblem 11. But they are.

So that puts him at three appearances. Which makes him at the same level as his fellow lords Leif, Seliph, and Ike (also Roy if you want to get technical). And he's dwarfed in the amount of appearances by the Pegaus Sisters, with them making six appearances by your count (FE1, FE2, FE3, FE11, FE12, FE13, and seven for Catria and Est if you count BS Fire Emblem).

The best comparison Nintendo series to the Fire Emblem would be the Mother series. Each game has its own protagonist and story. Mother 2 has the most well known character, but he is by no means the mascot. Ness, Ninten, and Lucas all serve a similar role. Mr. Santurn is closer to the series mascot than any of them. Similar to role of Slime in Dragon Quest and Moogles/Chocobos in Final Fantasy.

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
I'd put it closer to around 85% but that's probably splitting hairs at that point.
Woah Woah Woah Marth is still relevant same position in relevance since his initial inclusion in Melee. Olimar is not the protagonist in Pikmin 3 but he is confirmed to return so same should apply to Marth. Every Melee/Brawl veteran will return including Marth. So it would be more like 100%.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
There is no evidence to suggest that every Melee or Brawl veteren will return. That's an assumption being made based on a lack of concrete evidence to suggest that one way or another. If you really want to debate me on a 15% margin that's fine really, but in regards to Olimar I don't consider his situation the same since he has been the main character of the 2 of the 3 pikmin games that have been made, not to mention Pikmin 3 has only just recently been released.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So that puts him at three appearances. Which makes him at the same level as his fellow lords Leif, Seliph, and Ike (also Roy if you want to get technical).
Except of all those Lords, only Marth and Ike retained their main character status between games. Even if we for some reason don't count FE11 and 12, Marth still has two appearances as a main character, which is more than any FE character not named Ike(and even then, Ike had to share the spotlight with Micaiah and arguably Elincia).

Also, be consistent. If you don't count FE11 and 12, don't count them for the Pegasus sisters. They only have, at most, 2 more appearances than Marth, and none of their appearances are as main characters.

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
We'll that is the position he was in melee

He was one of the most suggested to return

Marth plays more prominence in his roles than Lucina

Marth is more iconic than Lucina

Marth is more popular than Lucina

Marth is way more established as a Nintendo All Star unlike Lucina

So it is more like 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% chance that he would return

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Except of all those Lords, only Marth and Ike retained their main character status between games. Even if we for some reason don't count FE11 and 12, Marth still has two appearances as a main character, which is more than any FE character not named Ike(and even then, Ike had to share the spotlight with Micaiah and arguably Elincia).

Also, be consistent. If you don't count FE11 and 12, don't count them for the Pegasus sisters. They only have, at most, 2 more appearances than Marth, and none of their appearances are as main characters.
I said by your count, hence meaning by Falkoopa's standards for the Pegasus sisters. On the main appearance thing, yeah, never said they were main appearances.

I would say arguably, maybe Micaiah but definitely not Elincia. But even Radiant Dawn is evident by the end of the game who the true protagonist is. Micaiah is what is known as a Decoy Protagonist. Elincia is very clearly a love interest type character in FE9 and has the shortest part in FE10.

Marth and Ike have a greater claim to mascothood than their fellow lords. But FE doesn't need a mascot main character, like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, or Mother doesn't need a mascot main character.

So it is more like 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% chance that he would return
As we've said, it's not necessarily a battle between Lucina and Marth. Both characters could easily coexist in Smash 4. Lucina does not have to replace Marth. She has a different look (not counting Marth's redesign in FE13, where he was design to work within the 3D Lucina model), different sword style, and different stat distribution.

If there are three characters from FE in Smash 4, it could be Marth, Ike, and Lucina. That's what we are saying. That's what most on this thread argue.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

Marth has alot going for him, which is why I put it at 85% that's an high number as it is, however I have not been given anything by you or anyone else for that matter that he is a complete guranatee and it's not intellectually honest for me to say with the given evidence. The points your making were taking into account when I came up with that number which in other words means I think it's unlikely that Marth would be cut from the game. So what are you debating me about? Because I won't give Marth a higher percentage then that? If that is really the case there is not really anything else that can be said so there's not alot of point in continuing to restate the same points over and over again.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I would say arguably, maybe Micaiah but definitely not Elincia. But even Radiant Dawn is evident by the end of the game who the true protagonist is. Micaiah is what is known as a Decoy Protagonist. Elincia is very clearly a love interest type character in FE9 and has the shortest part in FE10.
Eh. I still think Elinicia should get more credit, given that the entirety of Part 2 is pretty much her story. Not even Ike gets his own part dedicated to him, since he has to share parts 3 and 4 with other groups. But that's just my opinion.

And I don't really think that Micaiah is necessarily a "Decoy Protagonist." I just think that RD has much more of an ensemble cast, since the supporting cast remain important throughout the story.

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
Marth has alot going for him, which is why I put it at 85% that's an high number as it is, however I have not been given anything by you or anyone else for that matter that he is a complete guranatee and it's not intellectually honest for me to say with the given evidence. The points your making were taking into account when I came up with that number which in other words means I think it's unlikely that Marth would be cut from the game. So what are you debating me about? Because I won't give Marth a higher percentage then that? If that is really the case there is not really anything else that can be said so there's not alot of point in continuing to restate the same points over and over again.
Did you really read the message you responded to? Marth is safe!!!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Apparently, someone got too worried of what I questioned. Good to know that question was good enough to keep this thread going, LOL.

So yeah, that was a waste of discussion. Marth being Smash 4 is very possible, Lucina is very similar to Marth, but can have different movesets compared to him as well, despite the both having swords. No, lucina will not replace marth, but she may replace roy. Same goes with Chrom, as he's also a possible addition and replacement to roy.

Lucina will have two styles, masked and unmasked. Marth will forever remain a princess.

====

Now, any updates according to the moveset? Any sexy other pictures of lucina so I can update the OP?

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Apparently, someone got too worried of what I questioned. Good to know that question was good enough to keep this thread going, LOL.

So yeah, that was a waste of discussion. Marth being Smash 4 is very possible, Lucina is very similar to Marth, but can have different movesets compared to him as well, despite the both having swords. No, lucina will not replace marth, but she may replace roy. Same goes with Chrom, as he's also a possible addition and replacement to roy.

Lucina will have two styles, masked and unmasked. Marth will forever remain a princess.

====

Now, any updates according to the moveset? Any sexy other pictures of lucina so I can update the OP?
here is a moveset I did a while back, updated:

Some of the attacks use this movie as a reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NpJ_afFukQ
A button attacks
A-A-A: Double handed kendo strike: starts at 5:45 Lucina uses a weak double handed kendo strike, from her left shoulder, to her opponent's right. She follows up with a second handed sword strike from the opposite side, and ends the combo with a left to right sword strike, that goes from low to mid (5:47).
A- forward: Turning strike: She turns her body counter clockwise and swings her sword with two hands in a mid to high slash.
A-up: Upward slash: Lucina simply slashes upward, with no stabbing motion, from 60 to 80 degrees.
A-down: One handed sword slash While crouching, Lucina will hold her sword just with her right hand. She slashes from right to left one, and one second press she stabs from left to right

Smash attacks
Forward: Brand of the Exalt: Her sword lights up as it charges and she does a double handed stab while standing still. A tilt back after the first attack hits will cause her to pivot and do a big double handed over head slash in the other direction. Lucina actually turns with the second move. The second one strikes behind her, but leaves her vulnerable to front attacks (10:04 to 10:10)
Down: down slash. she goes into her default stance while crouching, and stabs once low, and then pivots and slashes with her right hand in the opposite direction from right to left.
Up: Exaulted High: Lucina does her double handed sword stab at a 55 degree angle and continues to move her sword upward until it hits 90 degrees.

Aerials (note: in the air, she just hold her sword with her right hand.)
Nair: Stab: She stabs forward with her sword, and then continues to cut with her sword downward until she hit
Fair: Spinning strike: she spins in the air, and strikes from her right shoulder to her left hip (5:48)
Dair: Flipping Blade: Lucina flips downward and hits a double handed strike while 270 degrees into her flip. has a downward arc Seen at 6:28.
Bair: Turning strike: she turns in the air, beginning her strike mid through the air, but its a front slash

Grabs (not really able to throw opponent off the stage.
Grab: grabs opponent with left hand.
Grab + A: hits her opponent with the bottom of her right hilt.
Grab up: throws her opponent up, and stabs them with the sword with a completely 90 degree stab
Grab down: stabs her opponent with her sword, and then places down in a lying position
Grab forward: throws her opponent forward, and then hits them with a slash
Grab back: throws her opponent backward, and then hits them with a turning slash
Lucina Specials:
Neutral Special: Defender
It occurs at about 4:10.
Lucina quickly puts her sword behind her back. She then turns around and swings around her sword, and strikes anyone behind with one clean cut. This defends against projectiles with the first part of the move. The move does not have a lot of knockback to knock out, but gives Lucina some space. It's one continuous cut so she ends up facing the same side as when she started the attack. But she stands for a little bit, living her vulnerable to attacks in front of her while performing the move..
Side: Blue Aether - Lucina moves forward, stabbing the opponent with a one handed sword strike using the top edge of her Falchion. It has blue flames. She runs low and disappears for a second, allowing her to dodge high attacks and projectiles. (seen at 5:57)
Up: Galeforce (Or Gale Strike to not canonize her as a daughter of a dark flier) - Lucina jumps forward with a double handed sword strike. If she hits an opponent, she jumps off them and flips in the air, allowing her to jump again, much like Captain Falcon. (seen at 6:01, minus the second jump)
Down: Counter - Like every other Fire Emblem character.

Lucina Final Smash:
Duel Awakening (Dual Strike)
Chrom is warped next to Lucina with magic. Lucina attacks forward, hitting any in front of her, while Chrom attacks anyone behind. This move needs to hit with either of those first strikes. After a few strikes (in the same manner as a brave sword) , they switch, doing the same to anyone in front on the other side. Finally, they hit one blue flamed Aether on their respective sides to knock any opponents out of sight.

Lucina's Taunts:
Up Taunt: She stands and looks at her Falchion straight. She lights up along with her Falchion and says "I challenge my fate"
side taunts: she puts down her stance and puts her sword to her right and says: "Forget about me?"
down taunt: She puts on her mask with her left hand and says "I say when it ends!"

Lucina's Entrance:
Lucina emerges from a dark portal, as Marth, just as she does in the game. Her she removes her mask, revealing her hair and her face. She prepares for battle.

Kirby Hat:
Marth Mask from the game, long blue hair.

Lucina Win Taunts:
Lucina is wearing her Marth mask, and is holding her sword to the side. She takes off her mask, and gently smiles.
Lucina holds her sword in front and glows. Her hair even flies up.
She points her sword at the player, and then puts it down. If characters talk in this one, she says:"The stars... seem brighter now than they did in the future."

As I said, I envision Lucina as an anti-air, heavy diagonal unit. In terms of characters archetypes, I envision her as a counter based fighter. Her speed isn't as important as her position in relation to other characters. She can use all sort of strikes turns her around, allowing her to surprise her opponent. But on the other hand, she leaves herself vulnerable to attack if she misses or if she is fighting in a multi-person battle royal.

Another possibility would be to make her a stance type character. She could have two stances: two handed sword style, and one handed sword style, The two handed sword style would be stronger and incorporate more stabs, while the one handed sword style could make her faster and use more slashes.

Palette swap:

gba sprite fan art, not really sexy unless you are into 32 bit sprites.

Lucina icon:

There's also a few counter arguments I did awhile back that show difference between Marth and Lucina.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35

Some of the attacks use this movie as a reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NpJ_afFukQ
A button attacks
A-A-A: Double handed kendo strike: starts at 5:45 Lucina uses a weak double handed kendo strike, from her left shoulder, to her opponent's right. She follows up with a second handed sword strike from the opposite side, and ends the combo with a left to right sword strike, that goes from low to mid (5:47).
A- forward: Turning strike: She turns her body counter clockwise and swings her sword with two hands in a mid to high slash.
A-up: Upward slash: Lucina simply slashes upward, with no stabbing motion, from 60 to 80 degrees.
A-down: One handed sword slash While crouching, Lucina will hold her sword just with her right hand. She slashes from right to left one, and one second press she stabs from left to right

Smash attacks
Forward: Brand of the Exalt: Her sword lights up as it charges and she does a double handed stab while standing still. A tilt back after the first attack hits will cause her to pivot and do a big double handed over head slash in the other direction. Lucina actually turns with the second move. The second one strikes behind her, but leaves her vulnerable to front attacks (10:04 to 10:10)
Down: down slash. she goes into her default stance while crouching, and stabs once low, and then pivots and slashes with her right hand in the opposite direction from right to left.
Up: Exaulted High: Lucina does her double handed sword stab at a 55 degree angle and continues to move her sword upward until it hits 90 degrees.

Nair: Stab: She stabs forward with her sword, and then continues to cut with her sword downward until she hit
Fair: Spinning strike: she spins in the air, and strikes from her right shoulder to her left hip (5:48)
Dair: Flipping Blade: Lucina flips downward and hits a double handed strike while 270 degrees into her flip. has a downward arc Seen at 6:28.
Bair: Turning strike: she turns in the air, beginning her strike mid through the air, but its a front slash

Grab up: throws her opponent up, and stabs them with the sword with a completely 90 degree stab
Grab down: stabs her opponent with her sword, and then places down in a lying position
Grab back: throws her opponent backward, and then hits them with a turning slash
Lucina Specials:
Lucina quickly puts her sword behind her back. She then turns around and swings around her sword, and strikes anyone behind with one clean cut. This defends against projectiles with the first part of the move. The move does not have a lot of knockback to knock out, but gives Lucina some space. It's one continuous cut so she ends up facing the same side as when she started the attack. But she stands for a little bit, living her vulnerable to attacks in front of her while performing the move..
Side: Blue Aether - Lucina moves forward, stabbing the opponent with a one handed sword strike using the top edge of her Falchion. It has blue flames. She runs low and disappears for a second, allowing her to dodge high attacks and projectiles. (seen at 5:57)
Up: Galeforce (Or Gale Strike to not canonize her as a daughter of a dark flier) - Lucina jumps forward with a double handed sword strike. If she hits an opponent, she jumps off them and flips in the air, allowing her to jump again, much like Captain Falcon. (seen at 6:01, minus the second jump)

Lucina Final Smash:
Chrom is warped next to Lucina with magic. Lucina attacks forward, hitting any in front of her, while Chrom attacks anyone behind. This move needs to hit with either of those first strikes. After a few strikes (in the same manner as a brave sword) , they switch, doing the same to anyone in front on the other side. Finally, they hit one blue flamed Aether on their respective sides to knock any opponents out of sight.

Lucina's Taunts:
Up Taunt: She stands and looks at her Falchion straight. She lights up along with her Falchion and says "I challenge my fate"
side taunts: she puts down her stance and puts her sword to her right and says: "Forget about me?"
down taunt: She puts on her mask with her left hand and says "I say when it ends!"

Lucina's Entrance:
Lucina emerges from a dark portal, as Marth, just as she does in the game. Her she removes her mask, revealing her hair and her face. She prepares for battle.

Kirby Hat:

Lucina Win Taunts:
Lucina is wearing her Marth mask, and is holding her sword to the side. She takes off her mask, and gently smiles.
She points her sword at the player, and then puts it down. If characters talk in this one, she says:"The stars... seem brighter now than they did in the future."

As I said, I envision Lucina as an anti-air, heavy diagonal unit. In terms of characters archetypes, I envision her as a counter based fighter. Her speed isn't as important as her position in relation to other characters. She can use all sort of strikes turns her around, allowing her to surprise her opponent. But on the other hand, she leaves herself vulnerable to attack if she misses or if she is fighting in a multi-person battle royal.

Another possibility would be to make her a stance type character. She could have two stances: two handed sword style, and one handed sword style, The two handed sword style would be stronger and incorporate more stabs, while the one handed sword style could make her faster and use more slashes.

Palette swap:

Lucina icon:

There's also a few counter arguments I did awhile back that show difference between Marth and Lucina.
The second GBA sprite reminds how Roy holds his sword in FE6

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

A button attacks

Smash attacks

Lucina Specials:

Lucina Final Smash:

Lucina's Taunts:

Lucina's Entrance:

Kirby Hat:

Lucina Win Taunts:

Palette swap:

Lucina icon:

*Raises hand*

But what about all the spoilers... will Sakurai put in a character that spoils a majority of the game?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Despite any and all embarrassment by me, I support Lucina!!

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Thread is now updated.
thanks for all the additions.
we can probably have multiple movesets in addition to mine and your previous one. there have been some on this thread. I think Hong had a good one as well as thatwaspeachy.
Also, can we start off the OP with maybe a bio or something for those who haven't played Fire Emblem Awakening? rather than the way the OP starts now.
Despite any and all embarrassment by me, I support Lucina!!
it's not a big deal. To be fair, Sheik was already one title removed when Melee came out (MM was released before Melee), and it was 3 years after OoT released as opposed to Lucina's 2 years in Japan and Lucina's 1 year in America, provided SSB4 is released in 2014.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So do you guys think Lucina will be an alt. costume for Marth, I think it's very possible that it could happen.
We have a male Wii Fit Trainer, so why not have a female Marth? :awesome:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
So do you guys think Lucina will be an alt. costume for Marth, I think it's very possible that it could happen.

You mean male Marth. Lucina is manlier than Marth :troll:.

Stupid Yoshii

Smash Rookie
NNID
chuck_yoshiii
I have hope that this can happen now! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom