• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
if she is better than marth, but probably i will still play with him

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Not sure yet! But since I preferred Roy over Marth anyways, if Lucina is similar in that respect, she'll at least be a secondary depending on match-ups.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
As much as I have an odium towards her at least in Smash, I'll probably just alternate between her and Marth every now and then, despite their mechanics being pretty different.
I can understand where you're coming from, but you should understand that Lucina is in no way the reason Chrom was deconfirmed and that it was never a matter of Lucina vs Chrom at all. :p Props for the use of 'odium' in any case, I guess. :p

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The first one probably lead to Robin sleeping on the couch. Or in the Shepard's Barracks

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I can understand where you're coming from, but you should understand that Lucina is in no way the reason Chrom was deconfirmed and that it was never a matter of Lucina vs Chrom at all. :p Props for the use of 'odium' in any case, I guess. :p
Yeah. Robin's the dude you should be angry at. First he takes Chrom's daughter, then his spot in Smash Bros.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I do find it kinda funny how Sakurai said Chrom was considered but was gonna be another 'plain old swordsman' like Marth and Ike. And suddenly, Lucina for Smash 4. LOL

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I do find it kinda funny how Sakurai said Chrom was considered but was gonna be another 'plain old swordsman' like Marth and Ike. And suddenly, Lucina for Smash 4. LOL
Well... Lucina is a swordsWOMAN... soooo....

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I didn't think that she would be included in Smash, although I hoped so anyways, and here she is as a playable character! Without a doubt, I will main her. My hype levels skyrocketed when she was chromfirmed confirmed. (Although I'm still a little sad Chrom isn't a character ;p)

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I wanna main Greninja and Waddle Dee (not yet announced, but I'm certain he will be). In brawl though, no matter how many times i tried to main characters I wanted to use, I always drifted to Marth. Marth is my main in brawl, even though I don't want him to be. I feel like since Marth is different now, Lucina is gonna take that place. So no, I don't wanna main her, but I know I will end up maining her anyways...

Coin

Smash Rookie
If she proves to be more mobile than Marth; having a better aerial game and such, definitely. In any case a skilled Marth (or at least Melee/Brawl Marth) would still be better being able to set up just about the same with good spacing and comboing into amazing tippers which for now, she seems to lack.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
If she proves to be more mobile than Marth; having a better aerial game and such, definitely. In any case a skilled Marth (or at least Melee/Brawl Marth) would still be better being able to set up just about the same with good spacing and comboing into amazing tippers which for now, she seems to lack.
From what I played of Marth at the Best Buy demo, he had a pretty bad air game this time around, and his mobility was definitely nerfed.

crazyhandmasterhand

Smash Cadet
Lucina will definitely be one of my most used characters. Probably below Luigi still, but that's because I have always used Luigi ^_^

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Heck yes I will main Lucina! I freaking loved her character in Fire Emblem: Awakening. I never cared for Marth on the other hand, which is why I never played as him in Smash Bros Melee or Brawl. Lucina however is a character I will be more than happy to main, regardless of how close her moves are to Marth's or even if she happens to be low on the tier list. I mean I mained Ike in Brawl not because of how good he was per say but because I thought he was a cool character. I guess I'm kinda weird that way lol :p

Seriously, I am BEYOND excited to see 2 Awakening reps in Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS!!! The hype has never stopped for me in terms of Robin and Lucina being playable characters. Those two will be my main characters I use the most, no doubt about it! :D

Hong

The Strongest
Lucina seems to be immensely well-received overall. There is of course moaning in regards to her being a clone. On the other hand, there are Lucina avatars all over the forums, and plenty of folks joining SmashBoards or coming out of the woodwork to celebrate her debut. :D
that bottom left one explains why Lucina grew up to be so OP.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Lucina seems to be immensely well-received overall. There is of course moaning in regards to her being a clone. On the other hand, there are Lucina avatars all over the forums, and plenty of folks joining SmashBoards or coming out of the woodwork to celebrate her debut. :D
as it should be!
Only makes me feel better about the fact that I predicted it.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Today's, Thursday's, Wednesday's and Monday's Pic of the day's were awful:
They didn't have Lucina in them.

Anyway, I finally grabbed the Future Past dlc to celebrate Lucina joining~
Will probably do another playthrough with default Robin too.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
The only thing that's annoying about this, is the people who have a personal vendetta against her due to her being a clone, and "She replaced Chrom!", and "Just Fem!Marth"

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I saw a person in the rate their chances thread give her a zero because she's not as good of a clone as Roy was... Really? :rolleyes:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The only thing that's annoying about this, is the people who have a personal vendetta against her due to her being a clone, and "She replaced Chrom!", and "Just Fem!Marth"
I feel like people tend to forget the purpose of Smash is to represent game franchises, not so much the characters which exist within them. While obviously quite a few series are their own main character's namesakes, it's definitely more about giving an interpretation of game mechanics in a platform fighter.

To that end I think people being ultimately upset about character choices within a series is pretty asinine, especially in our case; we're getting two new characters for a total of 4 FE characters which is quite an amazing jump in showing when we would've been fine with just one, and we were also fine with assuming Ike wouldn't come back either, Fire Emblem fans should be more than happy. And everyone else in the "but its just a clone of marth; could've been another character!" boat need only be reminded the development resources required for Lucina as an endeavor are much less than others and it's great at the very least we have a character which makes complete and utter sense story-wise to be similar to Marth and is designed specifically to be a lighter/less precise Marth, which has really good implications for competitive nuances being fully considered by Sakraui.

While individual disappointments are natural, holistically I believe there were a lot of positive things to come about which benefited all relevant parties.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
You know I just realized, instead of "Wakes her blade." They should've said "Challenges her fate." The puns are all good and stuff, but not only did she challenge Gematsu's leak, and Chrom's "shoe-in status" she got passed her fate that Sakurai had set for her.

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Greetings. So I just joined but I have been lurking around the various character boards and general boards for quite some time.

I want to say congrats to you all that your character got confirmed. When I look at how other boards act, based on my observation I feel that you people would be among those who wouldn't have been upset if Lucina didn't get it as a playable character but would have appreciate her being referenced in some capacity. And since she's her own character, can tell you're all very psyched.

I admit, I have never played Fire Emblem Awakening (should I? I'm not good with the games of its genre), but Lucina does look like an interesting character to me (plus she's voiced by one of my favorite English voice actresses XD). And I do wish to try her out when the game comes out. I never got the hang of Marth (casual player here) nore found his playstyle interesting so I hope Lucina can change that.

What I want to know is, considering she's still new: How are you taking the criticisms about her clone status?

I also want to know how do you respond to most people saying that she's "Marth with training wheels" that I see some people (don't want to give any names) on the other boards keep calling her. As if already implying she's a worse Marth just because Sakurai designed her to be easier to use for beginners and that she lacks Marth's tipper mechanic.

I also want to know how some of you take the reactions of those who wanted Roy yet possibly only know him from Melee.

that bottom left one explains why Lucina grew up to be so OP.
Well-received? All I've been seeing on other boards lately is how people complain about her being a clone, boring, a "newbie-Marth", etc. Granted they're not the majority but still.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Greetings. So I just joined but I have been lurking around the various character boards and general boards for quite some time.

I want to say congrats to you all that your character got confirmed. When I look at how other boards act, based on my observation I feel that you people would be among those who wouldn't have been upset if Lucina didn't get it as a playable character but would have appreciate her being referenced in some capacity. And since she's her own character, can tell you're all very psyched.

I admit, I have never played Fire Emblem Awakening (should I? I'm not good with the games of its genre), but Lucina does look like an interesting character to me (plus she's voiced by one of my favorite English voice actresses XD). And I do wish to try her out when the game comes out. I never got the hang of Marth (casual player here) nore found his playstyle interesting so I hope Lucina can change that.

What I want to know is, considering she's still new: How are you taking the criticisms about her clone status?

I also want to know how do you respond to most people saying that she's "Marth with training wheels" that I see some people (don't want to give any names) on the other boards keep calling her. As if already implying she's a worse Marth just because Sakurai designed her to be easier to use for beginners and that she lacks Marth's tipper mechanic.

I also want to know how some of you take the reactions of those who wanted Roy yet possibly only know him from Melee.
Welcome! And thanks! You should really play Fire Emblem Awakening. It was my first FE game. The easy difficulty shouldn't pose too much of a challenge. And if you marry Lucy, your kid is godlike. I'm taking the criticisms well. They don't bother me. Also, the Roy supporters get ridiculous at times.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Well-received? All I've been seeing on other boards lately is how people complain about her being a clone, boring, a "newbie-Marth", etc. Granted they're not the majority but still.
She's been generally well received. Her haters are just vocal. Ignore them, they only hate her for reasons that make no sense. 'Ew she's a clone' yeah well clones have always been a part of smash. They need to get over it, complaining won't change that she's in the game.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
She's been generally well received. Her haters are just vocal. Ignore them, they only hate her for reasons that make no sense. 'Ew she's a clone' yeah well clones have always been a part of smash. They need to get over it, complaining won't change that she's in the game.
I see. How about the comments on how she's "Marth with training wheels" implying she's a weaker Marth, due to the lack of Marth's tipper mechanic? (Which will result in her being played in a different manner, which is probably intended)

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

Thanks, for the congrats, and yes, I would say you should play it. While I don't particularly like the game compared to the "Radiant Hero" games, I think it's pretty easy (I played it on Normal, maybe you should play it on easy) and it'd be a easy game for you to start getting into the Fire Emblem franchise.

As for the clone status thing, honestly I'm fine with it. And it makes perfect sense for me. Honestly, besides the Mario bros. and MAYBE the spacies, Lucina should be the only character up for clone status, it just makes sense. In regards to the training wheels thing, I think it's kind of stupid. Even famous melee Marth main, Ken, is planning on using Lucina instead. Not only will she probably be faster, the balanced power in the sword I think is better. Especially since I'm a Roy main in melee. It's easier for me to fight without having to focus on the tip of the sword. So really it's just about what play

Unfortunately I wouldn't think that if I have gotten to chapter 12, because Lucina can't be my wife when playing as female Robin. Life is cruel.
Like I said in the Robin thread, I wish they would have Yuri in this game, cause then I 100% would have played as the female Robin in Awakening.

style you prefer.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I see. How about the comments on how she's "Marth with training wheels" implying she's a weaker Marth, due to the lack of Marth's tipper mechanic? (Which will result in her being played in a different manner, which is probably intended)
Honestly, the weaker Marth is more likely to be the actual Marth. Gods, does he suck now.
Thanks, for the congrats, and yes, I would say you should play it. While I don't particularly like the game compared to the "Radiant Hero" games, I think it's pretty easy (I played it on Normal, maybe you should play it on easy) and it'd be a easy game for you to start getting into the Fire Emblem franchise.

As for the clone status thing, honestly I'm fine with it. And it makes perfect sense for me. Honestly, besides the Mario bros. and MAYBE the spacies, Lucina should be the only character up for clone status, it just makes sense. In regards to the training wheels thing, I think it's kind of stupid. Even famous melee Marth main, Ken, is planning on using Lucina instead. Not only will she probably be faster, the balanced power in the sword I think is better. Especially since I'm a Roy main in melee. It's easier for me to fight without having to focus on the tip of the sword. So really it's just about what play

Like I said in the Robin thread, I wish they would have Yuri in this game, cause then I 100% would have played as the female Robin in Awakening.

style you prefer.
BUT WHAT ABOUT MORGAN!?!

Double post

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom