• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong

The Strongest
Welcome to SmashBoards, @ Aeon_Shadow Aeon_Shadow :D

As a reminder, if possible please avoid double posting. If you have something you would like to add, you are encouraged to use the Edit button beneath your post. That aside, enjoy your time on SmashBoards, and make sure to read the official SmashBoards Terms of Service. Thanks. ^~^

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the invites.

Now for a slight change in topic. Since Lucina's already confirmed as her own character, who among you are already imagining yourselves seeing her in the game?

Like imagine: Seeing her fighting Master Hand in Final Destination at the end of classic mode, any event matches that you have to use or fight her, etc.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Thanks for the invites.

Now for a slight change in topic. Since Lucina's already confirmed as her own character, who among you are already imagining yourselves seeing her in the game?

Like imagine: Seeing her fighting Master Hand in Final Destination at the end of classic mode, any event matches that you have to use or fight her, etc.
Date Night: Co-op Event where one person is Lucina, and the other M!Robin, and you have to fight Mario and Peach on Town and City.
Welcome to SmashBoards, @ Aeon_Shadow Aeon_Shadow :D

As a reminder, if possible please avoid double posting. If you have something you would like to add, you are encouraged to use the Edit button beneath your post. That aside, enjoy your time on SmashBoards, and make sure to read the official SmashBoards Terms of Service. Thanks. ^~^
I should really read them rules at some point.

Last edited:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
people should know how the BEST of the BEST always gets the most hate, it happens in sports, games hack it even happens in life. A.k.a. those people confirm that Lucina is the most bad*** and BEST there is.

In al seriousness. Why in the world care about what others think? People have their own right to think what they want. it gets annoying when they try to force you into their oppinion, Ignore that fully, if it happens in real life punch them in the face :D
Thats how I handle stuff. Works great.

1.ignore
2.ignore even more
3. ignore and know by yourself that you have what you want and they don't
4. kick them in da face.

EDIT: you should always think like this
rule 1
I am always right
If I'm not right read rule 1 again. (I'll come from the future to change it)

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Imo, Sakurai did a very bold decision adding Lucina, it would have been kind of awkward to see Marth and Chrom battling, at least Lucina has features that distinguish herself more from Marth (even though she's also a descent) like a smaller and feminine frame, long hair, things like that, and it fits better what would be her playstyle compared to Marth, who looks slower this time around.

I saw a person in the rate their chances thread give her a zero because she's not as good of a clone as Roy was... Really? :rolleyes:
Roy is one of my mains in both Melee and Project M, and that is ridiculous, as polemic as it may sound, i feel like Lucina could fill the need of Roy, and she's more relevant than him, then again that's just my opinion.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
As @ GOofyGV GOofyGV ; said, it is better to just ignore the hate towards Lucina. I know it is annoying (really, not only I am a Ridley supporter, but I am also a person who vastly prefers the 3DS version of Smash 4, which is constantly bashed by a vocal minority of the fandom). Whoever is criticizing Lucina is most likely salty because their favorite character didn't get in/was de-confirmed/wasn't confirmed yet and feel like they need to try to rain on other people's parade to make themselves feel better.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
As @ GOofyGV GOofyGV ; said, it is better to just ignore the hate towards Lucina. I know it is annoying (really, not only I am a Ridley supporter, but I am also a person who vastly prefers the 3DS version of Smash 4, which is constantly bashed by a vocal minority of the fandom). Whoever is criticizing Lucina is most likely salty because their favorite character didn't get in/was de-confirmed/wasn't confirmed yet and feel like they need to try to rain on other people's parade to make themselves feel better.
Why do you prefer the 3DS version? I'm curious.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
thats rather cute :) 3DS man right there, show dat people how it's done!

3DS version is a good thing, Why force people to buy a 300 dollar costing console they don't want? let them enjoy smash on 3DS!

Reila

thats rather cute :) 3DS man right there, show dat people how it's done!

3DS version is a good thing, Why force people to buy a 300 dollar costing console they don't want? let them enjoy smash on 3DS!
Because according to them, the 3DS version is a "waste of resources". lol. This waste of resources will likely sell the double or more than the Wii U version and have a much bigger player base. I mean, I am all for people buying the Wii U version and supporting Nintendo, I just wish they would leave the people who prefers the 3DS version enjoy their thing.
Why do you prefer the 3DS version? I'm curious.
Two reasons mainly: 1. I really like playing in handhelds and I always wanted to have a Smash game in a handheld and 2. I am not interested in any Wii U games beside Smash and I am not buying an expensive system for one game. Besides that, so far, I like the 3DS version stages much better and I am really looking forward for Smash Run. It helps that stuff like HD graphics, local multi-player, Gamecube controller aren't important to me. I am just sad the 3DS version will have only two music tracks per stage.

Edit: I have one Chrom picture to post too:

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
My personal favorite reveal comic reaction:
Also, I kindof imagine F!Robin would be like a super embarassing mom to Lucina in Smash. Even though canonically Lucina tends to be the bigger dork. It just seems funny to me.
Like, "How's my favorite little Smash Sister? Did you do well in all your matches today? Oh, you've scratched your mask! Give me that, I'll buff it out for you!"
"Mooooom!!! You're embarrassing me in front of the Goddess of Light!"

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
My personal favorite reveal comic reaction:
Also, I kindof imagine F!Robin would be like a super embarassing mom to Lucina in Smash. Even though canonically Lucina tends to be the bigger dork. It just seems funny to me.
Like, "How's my favorite little Smash Sister? Did you do well in all your matches today? Oh, you've scratched your mask! Give me that, I'll buff it out for you!"
Dude a Lucina and Palutena S-Support, would be the most amazing thing ever. I'm going to ship that so hard now.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Dude a Lucina and Palutena S-Support, would be the most amazing thing ever. I'm going to ship that so hard now.
She can join M!Robin's group of ladies. Robin is never satisfied with one.
Edit: My favorite pictures are the tome one I posted earlier, and the Chrom=Yamcha one.

Last edited:

Reila

I kind of imagine F!Robin would be like a super embarassing mom to Lucina in Smash. Even though canonically Lucina tends to be the bigger dork. It just seems funny to me.
This is amazing XD

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Since you took the bottom of the tome one as your AVI, I'm going to use the Lucina in the top panel. She's too cute!
Indeed.
Also, I found this theory on Chrom's opinion on RobinxLucina
My theory is that when Robin and Lucina announced they were getting married, something inside Chrom's brain just snapped. Like, just one thing. He sorta now lives in his alternate reality where the Robin and Lucina are nothing more than just friends. And provided nothing happens to remind him that is not the case, Chrom will appear to be perfectly sane. He still loves his time-travelling daughter, he is still friends with his tactitian bro, but he outright denies that they married.

I haven't played the DLC yet, but I heard it's implied in it that Robin and Lucina are absolutely frightened about the possibility of Chrom walking in on them doing ANYTHING other than having a polite conversation on Yllissean geopolitics or something.

It also explains why he doesn't have a support with Morgan. To him, Morgan is not his grandchild--it's just some random, completely unrelated, blue haired kid who happens to know Aether who decided to tag along.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Indeed.
Also, I found this theory on Chrom's opinion on RobinxLucina
My theory is that when Robin and Lucina announced they were getting married, something inside Chrom's brain just snapped. Like, just one thing. He sorta now lives in his alternate reality where the Robin and Lucina are nothing more than just friends. And provided nothing happens to remind him that is not the case, Chrom will appear to be perfectly sane. He still loves his time-travelling daughter, he is still friends with his tactitian bro, but he outright denies that they married.

I haven't played the DLC yet, but I heard it's implied in it that Robin and Lucina are absolutely frightened about the possibility of Chrom walking in on them doing ANYTHING other than having a polite conversation on Yllissean geopolitics or something.

It also explains why he doesn't have a support with Morgan. To him, Morgan is not his grandchild--it's just some random, completely unrelated, blue haired kid who happens to know Aether who decided to tag along.
You know when you really think about it, how would that even work? I mean she will have to go back to her own time period right, and won't Robin be dirt old when she gets to him? Logically it doesn't make sense.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
You know when you really think about it, how would that even work? I mean she will have to go back to her own time period right, and won't Robin be dirt old when she gets to him? Logically it doesn't make sense.
Who? Lucina? Simple. She stays in the present. I think they say the children could never go back.
Also, Chrom's a d*ck.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Her own timeline doesn't exist after she comes back and alters time. A new timeline is created, if she were to travel back to her own time, there would just be two Lucinas that are the same age but had very different personalities thanks to one of them not growing up in a post apocalyptic wasteland.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I'm somewhat more hyped for the 3DS version too. It looks to have better stages, but the main thing is its a portable Smash Bros. Something I've been wanting for years.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
The ending summaries all indicate that none of the future child go home. They remain in the present and usually just go off on their own (sometimes returning to Ylisse to visit family). The only ones who it hints might have gone back to their own time is Lucina if she isn't married, or Lucina and Owain if they're married.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The ending summaries all indicate that none of the future child go home. They remain in the present and usually just go off on their own (sometimes returning to Ylisse to visit family). The only ones who it hints might have gone back to their own time is Lucina if she isn't married, or Lucina and Owain if they're married.
Yeah, and the chances of either of those being canon are puny.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
I'm somewhat more hyped for the 3DS version too. It looks to have better stages, but the main thing is its a portable Smash Bros. Something I've been wanting for years.

I don't think I'll ever be able to get over that constipated Lucina face. Oh well...she's still awesome.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
There is so much R34 that gets creates after a character is revealed...
It's almost like tradition.

Can't they just write fanfiction like the good old days? I would like to take off SafeSearch for once.

As Frederick put it "Peace begins when the fighting is over and the barriers come down."

SafeSearch is the barrier. My reaction to R34 is the fighting.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Why is Chrom an idiot again? Codelia is probably my favorite 1st gen female character although Anna is pretty cool to

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Who? Lucina? Simple. She stays in the present. I think they say the children could never go back.
Also, Chrom's a d*ck.
I loved her. On my first playthrough and all subsequent ones, I've only married Cordelia. :')
Although, I'm thinking about marrying Olivia, Anna or Lucina in my Robin save.
I could only hope for some kind of Cordelia-based color for Luci...

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I loved her. On my first playthrough and all subsequent ones, I've only married Cordelia. :')
Although, I'm thinking about marrying Olivia, Anna or Lucina in my Robin save.
I could only hope for some kind of Cordelia-based color for Luci...
I was going to marry her this go around. (Which is my 2nd playthrough of Awakening) But I love Lucina a lot more than I do Cordellia, and it only helped that Lucina was confirmed for Smash too. :laugh:

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
I main Marth in Brawl and am looking at him for Smash 4. If his nerfs stay as severe as the demo, he might not be fun for me anymore. If that sad day comes, I'll turn to Lucina for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom