• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheersahw

Smash Rookie
I might just be crazy, but I realized part of the reason why I like the Robin x Lucina couple. I just re-read Lord of the Rings, and I came to the realization the RobinxLucina pairing is, in a way, very similar to the romance between Faramir and Eowyn. It's obviously not the same thing, but there are some striking similarities between the two couples. I found Faramir's and Eowyn's romance really sweet in LOTR, and I found the RobinxLucina couple sweetest in Awakening.

Does anyone else agree? Feel free to label me a lunatic if you wish.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I might just be crazy, but I realized part of the reason why I like the Robin x Lucina couple. I just re-read Lord of the Rings, and I came to the realization the RobinxLucina pairing is, in a way, very similar to the romance between Faramir and Eowyn. It's obviously not the same thing, but there are some striking similarities between the two couples. I found Faramir's and Eowyn's romance really sweet in LOTR, and I found the RobinxLucina couple sweetest in Awakening.

I think you are a lunatic, but enlighten me with similarities.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

There was romance in LOTR?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Barring that, of course. As long as you don't marry him to Olivia romance is at the lowest output.

;)

but that's no fun, we want our Lucina to mate and our Morgan to mate c:
My Lucina mates. And Chrom said no mating for Morgan.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
:4robinm:: MORGAN! I WANT YOU GEROME TO MAKE AN ARMY OF BATBABIES!!!! I COMMAND IT!
:4lucina:: Le sigh...
Lol, I imagine that is after Robin realises all of the second generation characters are more powerful, so he decides that Morgan's kids would be even stronger, thus is hoping that her kids will then show up from the future.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Lol, I imagine that is after Robin realises all of the second generation characters are more powerful, so he decides that Morgan's kids would be even stronger, thus is hoping that her kids will then show up from the future.
A power mad Robin, corrupted by eugenics? That sounds beautiful.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
It kinda sucks being a legit Tharja fan where you constantly keep being told she's a terrible character. When she's not.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
The only problematic part of Tharja's behavior is the stalking of Robin and even then, she has many positive traits (like constantly helping the Shepherds) to make up for it.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
The only problematic part of Tharja's behavior is the stalking of Robin and even then, she has many positive traits (like constantly helping the Shepherds) to make up for it.
I don't full hate her, in fact I always make sure I recruit her, but there's something about her that is just put's me on edge.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
This is cracking me up because in my Yarne/Robin run I supported these two, and their support is basically Tharja trying and failing to curse Gaius, and the one that succeeds- getting him to fall in love with her (presumably as a test for Robin)- goes horribly wrong (though Gaius claims he was in love with her before and was just too afraid she'd fire off magic at him).

Also, the fact that the second gens can't have non-Morgan kids makes me sad. I want to see some of the crazy offspring that would result. I guess that's what fan art and fan fiction is for.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I have run into a bit of a problem... its feels like the thumb pad of my DS is getting loose, so I am way too afraid to play Smash on it, since if it break I will have to buy an new D.

*sobs*

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Guess who did the impossible? :]

This took me 7 tries, by the way. I settled for abusing Counter on Master Core's more predictable attacks.

Still, HELL YEAH.

Fluffyeevee

Criminal among Criminals
NNID
Thefluffyeeveee
3DS FC
2423-4481-8726

This took me 7 tries, by the way. I settled for abusing Counter on Master Core's more predictable attacks.

Still, HELL YEAH.
The only time I got to Master Core on 9.0 was with Falcon... And the moment I got to the Doppelganger form I just got Knee-Of-Justice'd to my demise.

I think the highest I got with Lucina was like... 7.5 or something. .5 because I died during MasterCore once. I still cant play Lucina at all but at least I try, right?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The only time I got to Master Core on 9.0 was with Falcon... And the moment I got to the Doppelganger form I just got Knee-Of-Justice'd to my demise.

I think the highest I got with Lucina was like... 7.5 or something. .5 because I died during MasterCore once. I still cant play Lucina at all but at least I try, right?
I did this without customs, for that matter.

Really, what you have to do(once you get high level equipment and the customs) is take as little damage as possible during the Hands, because you WILL die once before you get to the doppelganger. Just slowly whittle away at its health in each form. The Sword and Giant are harder for this because of their erratic patterns. The beast is arguably the easiest because literally every attack can be countered. And since those attacks deal huge damage...it takes about 5-6 counters to destroy it. The Giant can't be countered at all, so you're better off just using nair all the time. The Sword is also one that benefits from nair spam, but if it uses the attack where it's swords strike individually ended by a large strike, mash Counter before that last strike. 99% of the time you'll counter and kill it by the time it uses that attack.

The doppelganger is best fought with grabs, as counters are too common.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993

Still, HELL YEAH.
Ah, reminds me on how I almost beat Classic 9.0 with her yesterday, but I died so derply on the first life against the Hands and then finally falling on the shadow clone. So close! T_T

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Ah, reminds me on how I almost beat Classic 9.0 with her yesterday, but I died so derply on the first life against the Hands and then finally falling on the shadow clone. So close! T_T
If you die vs the Hands, you lose by default unless you're a robot with extreme precision.

Really, the counter is your best friend. Attacks like the Sword's strike, the Beast's bite and the Giant's Head Smash do such absurd amounts of damage that they drain life insanely quickly. Hell, by the time attacks such as the Sword Strike(the attack where the swords separate and strike individually before the one in the center comes down) happen, you've weakened it enough so that a counter finishes the job. If you actually manage to pass all 3 forms without losing a stock and do some damage to the doppelganger before dying, the match is yours if you're careful. Every time I lost, it was either on the Master Edge or the doppelganger T-T

But look what my patience brought me.

o3o

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Highest I've gotten was 6.5 with Robin. As I mentioned in the Robin thread, I really, really, really suck.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I did this without customs, for that matter.

Really, what you have to do(once you get high level equipment and the customs) is take as little damage as possible during the Hands, because you WILL die once before you get to the doppelganger. Just slowly whittle away at its health in each form. The Sword and Giant are harder for this because of their erratic patterns. The beast is arguably the easiest because literally every attack can be countered. And since those attacks deal huge damage...it takes about 5-6 counters to destroy it. The Giant can't be countered at all, so you're better off just using nair all the time. The Sword is also one that benefits from nair spam, but if it uses the attack where it's swords strike individually ended by a large strike, mash Counter before that last strike. 99% of the time you'll counter and kill it by the time it uses that attack.

The doppelganger is best fought with grabs, as counters are too common.
Its seems like every single time i get there on 9 i get chain grabbed, then while I am still asleep from the grab those platforms are thrown down, instantly killing me. Every damn time. Then that doesn;t happen on 8.5

On my most recent run that happened, then I managed to beat master core without losing a single life on 8.5, which just rubbed salt into the wound.

This was with Toon Link, since he was my Brawl main and I know what I'm doing with him slightly more than with Lucina, who i need to practice more with.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Its seems like every single time i get there on 9 i get chain grabbed, then while I am still asleep from the grab those platforms are thrown down, instantly killing me. Every damn time. Then that doesn;t happen on 8.5

On my most recent run that happened, then I managed to beat master core without losing a single life on 8.5, which just rubbed salt into the wound.

This was with Toon Link, since he was my Brawl main and I know what I'm doing with him slightly more than with Lucina, who i need to practice more with.
Lucina, though, once you get better, is miles ahead of TL for the job because of that great nair and the counter. I've praised it a lot, but the counter truly is a fantastic tool against the Core.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Lucina, though, once you get better, is miles ahead of TL for the job because of that great nair and the counter. I've praised it a lot, but the counter truly is a fantastic tool against the Core.
Luckily I've gotten good at avoiding Core's attacks. Most of them can be dealt with by rolling or blocking.

Shaymikyu

I'm good at dodging most of Core's attacks except when he's Master Edges and in Master Giant's orb attack.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman

Still, HELL YEAH.
I finished it a while a go with a tank Link. So satisfying when I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom