• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tribute

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0645-5788-4088
Idunno if it was just the stars lining up but I think the shielding marths up B gimp works on lucina, to some extent anyway.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
It's true you won't find it a problem in runs lower than 8.0.

But when you're playing safe and waiting...it's a problem.
Why would I be waiting and playing it safe? Core's attacks are always on regular intervals, with plenty of time to get off 2-3 attacks before I need to dodge/roll.

Like, Master Giant and Master Beast can both be hit while on the ground of you stand under them, then just roll, jump, or block to avoid their incoming attacks. I've done 8.5 so many times, as it seems like I keep getting aweful luck on 9.0

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Why would I be waiting and playing it safe? Core's attacks are always on regular intervals, with plenty of time to get off 2-3 attacks before I need to dodge/roll.

Like, Master Giant and Master Beast can both be hit while on the ground of you stand under them, then just roll, jump, or block to avoid their incoming attacks. I've done 8.5 so many times, as it seems like I keep getting aweful luck on 9.0
By playing it safe and waiting I mean seldom using anything that isn't Counter on the Beast and only throwing out maybe 2-4 attacks on the other non doppelganger forms and then running away to see what they do. Then again, I was at my 6th attempt by that point, so I was frustrated as hell.

That's how it worked for me, anyway.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It seems like you'd have to play too safe for that to happen.
And too safe I was playing indeed. At that point I was paranoid as all hell and was playing very cautiously to avoid slip ups. To my credit, it worked in the end, but I could have done it much faster at the increased risk of failure.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
If you die vs the Hands, you lose by default unless you're a robot with extreme precision.

Really, the counter is your best friend. Attacks like the Sword's strike, the Beast's bite and the Giant's Head Smash do such absurd amounts of damage that they drain life insanely quickly. Hell, by the time attacks such as the Sword Strike(the attack where the swords separate and strike individually before the one in the center comes down) happen, you've weakened it enough so that a counter finishes the job. If you actually manage to pass all 3 forms without losing a stock and do some damage to the doppelganger before dying, the match is yours if you're careful. Every time I lost, it was either on the Master Edge or the doppelganger T-T

But look what my patience brought me.

o3o
Yah, it's pretty much a failure once you lose that first life before Master Edge at least, but I was pretty shocked as how far I got with just one stock lol. I used Lucina's counters a lot to take them down quickly, but that first K.O was just... ugh; it was really dumb as to how I died. :p

btw I tried again not that long, and I finally beat Classic 9.0 without customs or equipment. Like last time, the clone was the one that took out my first stock, and it turned into an intense chase afterwards. I barely defeated it with 30 seconds to go and was getting really anxious lol.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yah, it's pretty much a failure once you lose that first life before Master Edge at least, but I was pretty shocked as how far I got with just one stock lol. I used Lucina's counters a lot to take them down quickly, but that first K.O was just... ugh; it was really dumb as to how I died. :p

btw I tried again not that long, and I finally beat Classic 9.0 without customs or equipment. Like last time, the clone was the one that took out my first stock, and it turned into an intense chase afterwards. I barely defeated it with 30 seconds to go and was getting really anxious lol.
(b^_^)b

Survival is key. Losing the first stock against the clone means the match is yours if you're careful.

So proud of you.

Timmay08

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Timmay08
Speaking of classic mode, totally reunlocked FD on Melee. The requirements were to complete all events. To unlock all events, you need all characters. For all characters, you need to beat classic mode with all characters to unlock Game & Watch. The classic mode wasn't so much of a trek than the event mode but still, it took a bloody long time.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you after 2 tries, my 9.0 score on Classic Mode with Lucina!

I CHALLENGED MY FATE AND SUCCEEDED!!! ^o^

Seriously though, I never thought I would be able to do this, especially only after 2 tries! It was actually surprisingly easy for the most part, except when I faced Master Core and his many unfortunate forms. Made quite a few rookie mistakes while battling against him but I never used counter once so that's pretty amazing. Once I got him down to his Master Shadow form, I was at 77% and had to pause the game cause my hands were shaking. I knew this was the made or break moment for him and through skill and perhaps some luck, I was able to best my shadow easily and come out victorious! I let out a hearty victory cry within my bedroom and was SO ecstatic. Never again would I have to do that...........well at least until the Wii U version comes out. :p Now I only have 3 more challenges to complete which are, complete 100 man Smash with all the characters, collect all the power-ups for Smash Run and have 50 hours of Smash battles with that mode, all of which I know I can complete.

Today is a good day indeed! ^_^

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you after 2 tries, my 9.0 score on Classic Mode with Lucina!

Seriously though, I never thought I would be able to do this, especially only after 2 tries! It was actually surprisingly easy for the most part, except when I faced Master Core and his many unfortunate forms. Made quite a few rookie mistakes while battling against him but I never used counter once so that's pretty amazing. Once I got him down to his Master Shadow form, I was at 77% and had to pause the game cause my hands were shaking. I knew this was the made or break moment for him and through skill and perhaps some luck, I was able to best my shadow easily and come out victorious! I let out a hearty victory cry within my bedroom and was SO ecstatic. Never again would I have to do that...........well at least until the Wii U version comes out. :p Now I only have 3 more challenges to complete which are, complete 100 man Smash with all the characters, collect all the power-ups for Smash Run and have 50 hours of Smash battles with that mode, all of which I know I can complete.

Congrats!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Look at me, apparently I've given inspiration to others ^-^

So happy for you.

(b o3o)b

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Look at me, apparently I've given inspiration to others ^-^

So happy for you.

(b o3o)b
Your right actually. After hearing your own personal victory on Classic Mode with Lucina, I felt compelled to do the same. So thank you! ^w^

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The second picture. I love it. I love happy, clueless Morgan pics.
She also looks so freaking happy in the first pic. What is she doing though?
She's posing, duh.

That or praying. Though I doubt she prays at all. It'd make more sense as M!Morgan since Nah supports.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Good luck soloing Master Fortress when it's out.

:seuss:

That first one though. Much fluff.
Yeah, I'm going to do that with my brother. I'm pretty sure the achievement will still count even if you do it with a 2nd player or I believe that's how it was in Brawl. I could be wrong but either way, there's no way I'm going to confront Master Fortress by myself if I don't have to. :p

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
She's posing, duh.

That or praying. Though I doubt she prays at all. It'd make more sense as M!Morgan since Nah supports.
True. Still want to know why she's posing like that...
And why she isn't wearing her cloak...

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yeah, I'm going to do that with my brother. I'm pretty sure the achievement will still count even if you do it with a 2nd player or I believe that's how it was in Brawl. I could be wrong but either way, there's no way I'm going to confront Master Fortress by myself if I don't have to. :p
:4robinm: :4lucina: vs Master Fortress.

It'd be like a typical Awakening map :seuss:

Though my brother wouldn't choose Robin in a thousand years :c

True. Still want to know why she's posing like that...
And why she isn't wearing her cloak...
For her husband.

For all we know, she's in a secluded room or in a hot spring. You don't wear cloaks in hot springs.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

For her husband.

For all we know, she's in a secluded room or in a hot spring. You don't wear cloaks in hot springs.

who is he? he's finished

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

Luckily me and my brother LOVE the Awakening, maybe not equally since I play it more than him but even still, he's played the game multiple times. So naturally I would choose :4lucina: and he would choose :4robinm: or vice versa. Either way, it'll be awesome! :awesome:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
The art actually came with a comic:

See last post for source.
I'm not sure what's going on, but I think it the first picture, she's kneeling because she's getting ready to read?

EDIT: My brother uses Robin sometimes (which is funny, because he uses the male Robin when I use the female one), but we aren't in the same place enough to do co-op Classic if we ever get a Wii U, plus he has other characters he prefers to use.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The art actually came with a comic:

See last post for source.
I'm not sure what's going on, but I think it the first picture, she's kneeling because she's getting ready to read?

EDIT: My brother uses Robin sometimes (which is funny, because he uses the male Robin when I use the female one), but we aren't in the same place enough to do co-op Classic if we ever get a Wii U, plus he has other characters he prefers to use.
I want to what's going on the last panel. Also, is that Lucy?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
who is he? he's finished
Gerome Wayne.

Luckily me and my brother LOVE the Awakening, maybe not equally since I play it more than him but even still, he's played the game multiple times. So naturally I would choose :4lucina: and he would choose :4robinm: or vice versa. Either way, it'll be awesome! :awesome:
I wish I had your brother :c

Only characters my bro will actually pick is :rosalina: or :4sheik:. Maybe :mewtwopm: but he isn't released, and he's bummed over :snake: being cut.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Gerome Wayne.

Only characters my bro will actually pick is :rosalina: or :4sheik:. Maybe :mewtwopm: but he isn't released, and he's bummed over :snake: being cut.
Less angry because Batman is her husband. doing your best friend's future daughter FTW...

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I want to what's going on the last panel. Also, is that Lucy?
From what I can tell, Lucina's the woman in all those panels who isn't Morgan. I'm not sure who's in the last panel of the second-to-last page with Lucina, though. Her mom?

Now I kind of want to headcanon Lucina as being into gardening, especially with the whole backstory of flowers not growing where she comes from. It ties into the butterfly motif, too.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
From what I can tell, Lucina's the woman in all those panels who isn't Morgan. I'm not sure who's in the last panel of the second-to-last page with Lucina, though. Her mom?

Now I kind of want to headcanon Lucina as being into gardening, especially with the whole backstory of flowers not growing where she comes from. It ties into the butterfly motif, too.
Probably Sumia. Also, that sounds like a nice headcanon. I'm taking it.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
oh come on, it's not like I'm marrying F!Morgan to anyone other than Gerome.

Reminds me if their S support.

"SAAAAAAAAAAAAAY."

"HUBBA HUBBA AWOOOGA"

Why is that I think Morgan faked being sad so Gerome would remove her mask?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Why is that I think faked being sad so Gerome would remove her mask?
nazi grammar

It's hard to fake sadness/anger when you make something for a guy with a lot of effort and care and he simply rejects it for whatever reason.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Gerome Wayne.

I could loan him to you for the low price of $100 plus shipping and handling with $100 for every subsequent day he's with you. :seuss:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I could loan him to you for the low price of $100 plus shipping and handling with $100 for every subsequent day he's with you. :seuss:
I could buy a Wii U with that moneh :seuss:

So no. I'll settle for my boring bro.

Shaymikyu

I was digging through the artist's Pixiv to see if I could solve who the mother was, and I found more fluff.

Same pic from before without the text.

And Morgan with Grandpa Chrom, which we really need more of please.
Source for Both
And no, I never found the answer, so I'm assuming Sumia since she's probably the most popular one to put with Chrom after :4robinf:.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom