• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Now I see why this ship is so popular... Lucina really does need to be happy.

Also, that just makes
the ending where Robin deals the final blow
even more crushing.
I seriously wish we got to see Robin's spouse's and Morgan's reactions to his/her return. It'd make the true end to the "Robin" ending even more poignant. Granted, my Robin married Chrom on my first run, so I sort of got that... I need my Lucina and Yarne fix too, though.
Lucina would probably beat the hell out of Robin for sacrificing himself like that. And then she'd just be happy he was okay. :p

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

Also, that just makes
even more crushing.
I seriously wish we got to see Robin's spouse's and Morgan's reactions to his/her return. It'd make the true end to the "Robin" ending even more poignant. Granted, my Robin married Chrom on my first run, so I sort of got that... I need my Lucina and Yarne fix too, though.
It also makes the ending even more
fitting, since it means that Robin keeps his promise. He does find a way to come back to life, just like he said he would.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, I finished your fanfic today. Good stuff, Cant wait to see more from you.
The next chapter will be up in a week I try to get chapters up on an bi-weekly schedule. Also, did you read the one-shot i made as well, as it was my attempt to write fluff so condensed it could be weaponized.

Oh, and I am curious what you think of the theory I am going for with this story (a theory that I take no credit for, as it seems to be a fairly popular one amongst the fanbase. I just added a few details here and there)

Last edited:

Fluffyeevee

Criminal among Criminals
NNID
Thefluffyeeveee
3DS FC
2423-4481-8726
The next chapter will be up in a week I try to get chapters up on an bi-weekly schedule. Also, did you read the one-shot i made as well, as it was my attempt to write fluff so condensed it could be weaponized.

Oh, and I am curious what you think of the theory I am going for with this story (a theory that I take no credit for, as it seems to be a fairly popular one amongst the fanbase. I just added a few details here and there)
Havn't seen that one yet, so i'll have to check it out.

Its a pretty interesting theory that i'm 100% for, just took me a minute to fully understand what was going on. But yeah, it'll work.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Havn't seen that one yet, so i'll have to check it out.

Its a pretty interesting theory that i'm 100% for, just took me a minute to fully understand what was going on. But yeah, it'll work.
I actually had a post from a few months back in this thread where I explain in detail the theory. I can go hunt it down if you want.

EDIT:

I decided to find it anyways. Warning, spoilers galore and wall of text

This headcanon is based on a fan theory I stumbled into awhile back, so I can't take credit for all of what I am going to say (though I have made a few additions to it to support my headcanon). Warning, the following is a massive wall of text full of intense headcanon, conjecture, and massive spoilers for the Future Past DLC. You have been warned.

Alright, so you've made it this far, no turning back now. Theory/headcanon time. (Note: For simplicity's sake I will be referring to Lucina and Robin as couple here, since thats how it was in my game)

At first glance the Future Past timeline appears to be much like the original future timeline Lucina came from. However, there several major differences that indicate that this timeline is actually very different, and serve as the backbone of this theory.

1) In the main future timeline it was implied that Robin willingly became Grima, or at the very least gave into despair and accepted his role as Grima's vessel . This is not true for the Future Past Robin, who is shown to be actively resisting, implying he did not become Grima willingly.

2) Morgan exists in this timeline regardless of if her parent is in fact a second gen character. Furthermore, she remembers Robin before they became Grima and refers to the other characters of that timeline as having been her friends, implying she wasn't just created by Grima but was actually born in this timeline.

3) Grima is more powerful in this timeline, both in terms of stats and also storywise as he was able to kill Naga.

4) Tiki survives up until the DLC's events, when it is implied the main game's Lucina never met her in her own timeline.

5) After Robin gives her his book, Morgan notices she has another exact copy of it. The interesting thing is, during the Hotspring DLC, Morgan discovers she has two copies that that exact same book, with no memory of where the second copy came from. How interesting, I wonder if that could mean...

Yeah, as I implied by that last point, the theory is as such... the Future Past timeline is in fact the timeline the main game's Morgan comes from. How the heck does this work if Lucina is Morgan's mom you may ask? It works because the Future Past isn't an alternate version of the original future timeline Lucina came from, but rather its an alternate version of the game's main timeline, where Lucina and the others came back in time just like in the main timeline but in the end everyone still failed.

In this timeline, things play out like they do in the game at first. Lucina arrives in the past, with her influence changing the outcome of the war with Plegia, with events matching the game's up to the two year timeskip. However, at this point the timelines diverge, with something changing to delay the war with Valm by seveal years, causing it to occour later just like in the original future timeline. The most common explanation is that in this world Yen'Fey fought back against Valm, delaying events (and leading to the death of this world's Say'ri, making this Yen'fey in fact the version you recruit from Spotpass).

In the end though its not important why the war with Valm is delayed, what is important is that this means there is an extended period of peace. During this time all of the second generation characters are born, with their future version being around during this time. It is also during this time that Robin ends up in a relationship with Lucina, during which time Morgan and her twin brother (thus explaining the two Morgans in the DLC) named Marc (Morgan's name in the Japanese version, works as good headcanon name for male Morgan)

However, the peace does not last. Eventually the war with Valm happens, and with all resistance on his own continent dealt with, Walhart's forces are stronger now. The war is longer and bloodier, but eventually the Shepherds win. Things play out then like the game, Fire Emblem is stolen, and this is where things go wrong. Perhaps Basilio was killed in this timeline, so the gemstones were never swapped out, but either way Robin, despite his stronger ties to the Shepherds due to his amnesia, is forced to kill Chrom and against his will becomes Grima (explaining point 1). With Robin's strength added to that of whats left of Future Robin!Grima's own power and Grima's, the Fell Dragon becomes even stronger now (explaining point 3).

With Chrom dead and the Fire Emblem lost the Shepherds have no way to defeat Grima, with each of them, including Future Lucina and all the others from her timeline, killed one by one in the fighting. Grima!Robin manages to get Morgan and Marc to join him either through intimidation, brainwashing, or both. The future falls into despair, leading to the state we find it in during the Future Past dlc.

But then comes the fate of Morgan, and how she ends up in our timeline. Following her encounter with the Robin from the main timeline and her refusal to keep fighting, she returns to Grima to report what happened. As you could imagine, Grima is not at all happy about this, and decides to kill her. However, before he can do so, Robin, just like he does during the finale of the DLC, gains control of his body long enough to send Morgan out of this timeline just like he will do with the Shepherds. In doing so he erases her memories, leaving her only with a few on him before he turned evil and a few false ones so

that she believes she had been traveling with an uncorrupted version him right before she was sent back, wiping her of the guilt for everything she did while working for Grima and giving her a second chance in a timeline were maybe he won't fail her and everyone else.

This in turn would explain why in Morgan's paralogue it sounded like those Risen were sent specifically to kill her. They would have been sent by Grima of the Future Past timeline once he was in control again to make sure she didn't escape.

The fun part is this would mean that Morgan's existence in the game is as a result of circular causality. Because Morgan appeared in the game's timeline, Robin got to know her and thus when he runs into her past self in Future Past, recognizes her enough to say she remind him of, well, the Morgan he knows. As a result of having met Morgan, he gives her the book, causing Morgan to disobey orders, thus leading to her being sent back in time, thus leading to Robin meeting her, thus meaning he recognizes her in Future Past... you get the idea.

So yeah, sorry about the massive wall-o-text, I'd love to hear what you guys think of this headcanon, even if its just telling me how wrong I am :nervous:

Last edited:

Fluffyeevee

Criminal among Criminals
NNID
Thefluffyeeveee
3DS FC
2423-4481-8726
I actually had a post from a few months back in this thread where I explain in detail the theory. I can go hunt it down if you want.

EDIT:

I decided to find it anyways. Warning, spoilers galore and wall of text
Ah, that explains it all. I like it to be honest, albeit I prefer to feel that Morgan came from a really peacefully time line, this one gives more of a reason.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Ah, that explains it all. I like it to be honest, albeit I prefer to feel that Morgan came from a really peacefully time line, this one gives more of a reason.
I originally thought the same thing... then I stumbled across this theory and it just made too much sense. So I had to adopt it into my headcanon, with a few minor changes/additions. Hell, it inspired the fanfic I am writting.

Last edited:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
I not sure how relevant this is. probable not at all. But I though I better post it somewhere that isn't in the Mewtwo thread. I was read this post on miiverse about this guy find people stupid about get excited for mewtwo, well, just read it for yourself (note: I am not going to give the persons name)

"Guys your really freaking out over MewTwo, thats saddening, just go back to Melee if you want to play with MewTwo or just stop freaking out. Its a pokemon and im pretty sure you see MewTwo in pokemon in X and Y. Don't get your hopes up cause he may only come out a pokeball. Think ahead not what it looks like."

Don't get your hopes up cause he may only come out a pokeball. Think ahead not what it looks like.

:glare:. I'm no Mewtwo manic but I pretty sure the Announcer said Mewtwo was a playable character. That comment is just salty

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
8 player Smash...

Lords :4lucina::4robinm::4myfriends::4marth: vs Whatever.

Hell yes.

Or in the case of 4 teams...

OTP:4lucina::4robinm: vs every other team.

:3

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Also, that just makes
even more crushing.
I second this. The convo is why this is my favorite pairing for both of them.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
So with the recent announcement that we are getting Kid Icarus Uprising codecs for each character in the game, similar to the Snake codecs from Brawl, that means that were going to get some dialogue for when they talk about Lucina, possibly involving Chrom and perhaps Lucina herself given the fact that special guests like Chrom will be a part of these codecs. So my question to all of you is, how do you think the conversation for when they describe Lucina will go? I'm not super creative when it comes to these types of conversations but I'll definitely join in the discussion and give my remarks to all of your wonderfully creative suggestions.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
So with the recent announcement that we are getting Kid Icarus Uprising codecs for each character in the game, similar to the Snake codecs from Brawl, that means that were going to get some dialogue for when they talk about Lucina, possibly involving Chrom and perhaps Lucina herself given the fact that special guests like Chrom will be a part of these codecs. So my question to all of you is, how do you think the conversation for when they describe Lucina will go? I'm not super creative when it comes to these types of conversations but I'll definitely join in the discussion and give my remarks to all of your wonderfully creative suggestions.
If Chrom is Robin's, f!Morgan should be in Lucina's.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
If Chrom is Robin's, f!Morgan should be in Lucina's.
That's certainly possibly although I think probability of that happening is low given that they won't stick by pairings or possible pairings. That being said however, I hope I'm wrong! D:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Pit is totally going to confuse Lucina with Marth until Chrom steps in and shuts him up.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
The new conquest is up, and it has the FE series pitted against Pokémon and Zelda. Together we Ride! :4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I not sure how relevant this is. probable not at all. But I though I better post it somewhere that isn't in the Mewtwo thread. I was read this post on miiverse about this guy find people stupid about get excited for mewtwo, well, just read it for yourself (note: I am not going to give the persons name)

"Guys your really freaking out over MewTwo, thats saddening, just go back to Melee if you want to play with MewTwo or just stop freaking out. Its a pokemon and im pretty sure you see MewTwo in pokemon in X and Y. Don't get your hopes up cause he may only come out a pokeball. Think ahead not what it looks like."

Don't get your hopes up cause he may only come out a pokeball. Think ahead not what it looks like.

:glare:. I'm no Mewtwo manic but I pretty sure the Announcer said Mewtwo was a playable character. That comment is just salty
I'm more happy on the prospect of more characters than Mewtwo himself, but that's just disrespectful and rude. Unlike Tower of Smash, this is actually an official announcement, and Mewtwo fans have been waiting since Brawl for this. I'm bitter over the lack of a few characters too, but I won't lash out to others over it.

And a Pokéball? Why would they build up Mewtwo if he was just a Pokéball? Sakurai may be a troll (see- Ridley), but he wouldn't do THAT. That's just dumb.

RadiantTactician

NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I've had a couple matches using:4myfriends: earlier as I prepare for his conquest match later on.
Amusingly there was one time where I fought a:4marth: guy. He didn't give me too much trouble; I patiently bided my time and poked through whenever I was able to. The funny thing was after that match where we both picked :4robinm: in an epic Thoron battle, which proved to be an even close fight. Many scales were tipped. :p

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
OH MY NAGA!!! 0_0 THIS IS SOOOO ADORABLE!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Shaymikyu

OH MY NAGA!!! 0_0 THIS IS SOOOO ADORABLE!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
So... Cute... Too... Cute... Overload... GAAAAAAAH!

I could see Rosalina as a motherly figure to Lucina. She lost her own mother in her timeline after all, even if she lives in another.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
So... Cute... Too... Cute... Overload... GAAAAAAAH!

I could see Rosalina as a motherly figure to Lucina. She lost her own mother in her timeline after all, even if she lives in another.
Lol, after that Game Theory I too was like "so she and Lucina will probably hit it off then, since they have a lot of common ground when it comes to conversation material"

Shaymikyu

Not if I can help it.(plays Song of Inverted Time to slow everyone):4tlink::4link::4zelda::4sheik:
Might as well throw my fandom in.
:4pikachu::4lucario::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4charizard::mewtwopm:

Though oddly enough, none are really in my circle of mains this time. Closest is probably Greninja, which is odd, because the demo made me think Pikachu would rank higher for me.

RadiantTactician

NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Might as well throw my fandom in.
:4pikachu::4lucario::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4charizard::mewtwopm:

Though oddly enough, none are really in my circle of mains this time. Closest is probably Greninja, which is odd, because the demo made me think Pikachu would rank higher for me.
Just noticed that I really haven't tried Charizard this time around, should fix that soon! :p

My only Pokémain is Lucario, seeing as he's one of my favorite Pokémon ever. I tried to like Greninja because he's part of my favorite family of Pokes from the sixth gen, but I can't really control his moves well enough to like him as a smasher. :(

Shaymikyu

Just noticed that I really haven't tried Charizard this time around, should fix that soon! :p

My only Pokémain is Lucario, seeing as he's one of my favorite Pokémon ever. I tried to like Greninja because he's part of my favorite family of Pokes from the sixth gen, but I can't really control his moves well enough to like him as a smasher. :(
Lucario is my favorite of the Pokémon actually included as playable this time back in the main series, but I can't play him at all in SSB. I also stink with Jigglypuff. Pikachu is usually one of my best, but there are too many good fighters this time. I'm okay with Charizard- better than I was with him in Brawl, anyway. Greninja's one of my better characters- probably in the top 10.
That's a nice song, but I still like this one MUCH more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuYeHPFR3f0

Though this one near better it, if only it went longer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQPO-5WjpFU

Of Xander Mobus, why are you such a nice guy
I was trying to include songs in SSB, but of course that song is always awesome. And Xander Mobus needs to finish that one day, seriously. Bonus track on the CDs confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom