• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm was getting demolished in 1s with loucan...and most of it is due to edge guard mistakes. A match I could have taken, wasted due to a failed recovery. It's highly discouraging, but necessary to improve.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Is it just me, or does it seem like timed battles and Smash Run always end in sudden death? In the demo, every battle bar few ended in it. I tend to do Stock now, but when I accidentally do time on rare occasions, it almost always ends in Sudden Death.
The game is paced in a way that a stock comes out once every minute and a half to two minutes.

If you only have a 2 minute timer, you really only ever have time to get 1 stock each, rarely if ever 2, and otherwise getting first stock and running away is the only way to "win" one.

Last edited:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Oh I'm well aware. I wouldn't have issues with roll spammers if For Glory didn't have timers. The only issue I have with them is how much longer they elongate matches. So when there's only 2 stocks, and Marth/Lucina is basically guaranteed to lose sudden death, all I get are people who go for time outs because they get destroyed trying anything else against me, lol.

Rolls at top level are great reactionary/baity pressure. But mindless rolling on wifi doesn't add any depth, just 15-30 seconds of extra play time for every minute you play an opponent who only knows how to roll. I still just walk, shield, and hit them and win. Just means every time I miss a hit, I have to chase them for 2-5 rolls.

I have a 70% win rate on for glory, but a 10% win rate on sudden death, although I go to sudden death about 5-10% of the time due to roll spammers.
Why not just beat them at their own game during sudden death and let the Bob-oms deal with your opponent. Cause watching someone roll into a bob-om is hilarious. It's also really saddening when you do it though, so:(

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
For a while I thought that bomb-ombs didn't happen in For Glory sudden deaths, as I think at the least, the timer before they spawn was longer.

Had I known this I earlier, I probably would've won a lot more sudden deaths. Only found out while playing teams for glory as toon link, carrying a team mate hard just to get to sudden death, where they instantly die and I'm left to 1v2, and I just went for the ledge, grabbed some bombs and threw some boomerangs, and then bam, bombs saved me.

Just means that ill be grabbing the ledge in sudden deaths, which is lame in and of itself. But you gotta do what you gotta do to deal with wifi abusers.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Hey, I just realized we've reached 150 pages on this thread! Congratulations everyone for making this possible! I know I'm still fairly new to this thread but I hope to contribute for the next 150 pages and onward! Thank you everyone for being so welcoming and friendly, for Robertman2 for inviting me to this incredible thread so I can meet all you wonderful people, to all of you for being my friends, and for giving me a place where I can express my love for all things Lucina! Let's all strive to make this the best freaking social thread for any character on Smashboards! ^o^

You're welcome!!!

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I just realized we've reached 150 pages on this thread! Congratulations everyone for making this possible! I know I'm still fairly new to this thread but I hope to contribute for the next 150 pages and onward! Thank you everyone for being so welcoming and friendly, for Robertman2 for inviting me to this incredible thread so I can meet all you wonderful people, to all of you for being my friends, and for giving me a place where I can express my love for all things Lucina! Let's all strive to make this the best freaking social thread for any character on Smashboards! ^o^

That is awesome!!!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Huh, I was too sucked into my matches at the moment to notice.

Let's keep on going then ^3^

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
I'm doing one last set with a friend in a few minutes here but if any of you want to play me, I'm always up for it. I'll add peeps when I'm done here.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
:4marth:: So how are those pointer's coming along?
:4lucina:: Pretty good although I still can't master your ultimate sword technique: tipper.

:4marth:: You'd be pretty hard-pressed to succeed in battle if you do not master it.
:4lucina:: These enemies would not dare to challenge my fate.
:4marth:: Well then I will show you how weak you are as of now.
:4lucina:: YOU DARE CHALLENGE MY FATE?
:4marth:: You dare question mine?!
(fighting begins)
:4marth:: It seems that the power of your fate is impressive. You might not need the tipper after all. You have earned my respect and acknowledgement as my descendant.
:4lucina::... I still want to master the tipper :4miisword:.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I'm doing one last set with a friend in a few minutes here but if any of you want to play me, I'm always up for it. I'll add peeps when I'm done here.
I would if I could but sadly my wrist and hand got rekt a couple of days ago and because of that, I have a brace so they can heal quicker and I'm not in so much pain. Also, the brace doesn't allow me to manage the circle pad properly since the injury is on my left hand so I wouldn't be at my best if I played against you. You can certainly add me though to your friends list and I shall do the same, and once my hand/wrist have recovered, I will SETTLE IT IN SMASH with you! :grin:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
:4lucina:: Pretty good although I still can't master your ultimate sword technique: tipper.

:4marth:: You'd be pretty hard-pressed to succeed in battle if you do not master it.
(fighting begins)
:4marth:: It seems that the power of your fate is impressive. You might not need the tipper after all. You have earned my respect and acknowledgement as my descendant.
What?

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

(fighting begins)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I thought we already knew the conversation, based off that webcomic from all that time ago

Marth: wow look at this beautiful human female specimen
Lucina: ZOMG ITS THE HERO KING ZOMG ZOMG IM YOUR DESCENDENT
Marth: Oh... cool... shame then... I guess...
*insert* Lucina: I guess I shouldn't challenge my fate here, as I may accidentally delete myself from existence.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I thought we already knew the conversation, based off that webcomic from all that time ago

Marth: wow look at this beautiful human female specimen
Lucina: ZOMG ITS THE HERO KING ZOMG ZOMG IM YOUR DESCENDENT
Marth: Oh... cool... shame then... I guess...
*insert* Lucina: I guess I shouldn't challenge my fate here, as I may accidentally delete myself from existence.
Pretty OT, but I'd love to visit myself and challenge myself at a younger age, just to screw with space time.

That'd be a pretty interesting challenge of fate.

:seuss:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If we're still commenting on play videos, here's mine that I just uploaded:
I'll give critique tomorrow when I'm not about close to sleeping.

And let's be honest, until proven otherwise, nothing will top the match where that awesome gif of yours comes from, I mean, madre de dios Jesus Christ, such swag.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
don't spoiler tag that embed jeez, means I have to full screen or go to youtube to watch :<

Pretty good. Think about your jumping more, make sure you're doing so for a reason + in a way that applies pressure.
Maybe a little too much of the charging shieldbreaker, but mostly good usages and the mario didn't really have an answer (I don't believe grabbing a shieldbreaker coming in from the air will ever work out for him).

Oh, and start to think about how to use walking. Lots of dancing blades and down tilts that could've not whiffed with just a little bit of the respacing magic :p

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
don't spoiler tag that embed jeez, means I have to full screen or go to youtube to watch :<
heh, sorry, fixed :p

Pretty good. Think about your jumping more, make sure you're doing so for a reason + in a way that applies pressure.
Maybe a little too much of the charging shieldbreaker, but mostly good usages and the mario didn't really have an answer (I don't believe grabbing a shieldbreaker coming in from the air will ever work out for him).

Oh, and start to think about how to use walking. Lots of dancing blades and down tilts that could've not whiffed with just a little bit of the respacing magic :p
OK, thanks. Much appreciated. I might try and get another one or two videos uploaded next week, since I need all the help I can get :)

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I knew there was a reason why I got so excited for Lucina when she was revealed back in August, I freaken love her, she has asserted herself as the dominant female of all the female characters I use, and actually I play as all the female characters except Sheik.

I figured that with the edition of Lucina, Palutena, Rosalina, that I would end up using these chicks more thus finally dethroning the princesses from Melee, but I have to be honest, I thought Rosalina was gonna be my girl, but nope, it turned out to be Lucina, Rosalina was close, but she just come up a bit short in favor of Lucina.

However Lucina is not my main, nor is she even my secondary, for those two spots belong to Ganondorf and Ludwig, she ranks 3rd overall in my game, and like I said earlier, she's The Queen Bee of Super Smash Bros.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Alternate victory poses are always a plus. There's just something satisfying about a character personally rubbing it in another character's face (except :4robinm:, who's just a nice cool concerned guy).

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Naga bless you, you've saved me from an incredibly boring class movie,
Your welcome.

Anyhow, let me know what you guys think of this chapter, since I want to know if I did a good job handling the big revelation of the story or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom