• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
A 3DS with Grima's mark would rock. I already have my blue X and Y 3DS, though.

Reading this thread reminded me how much I wanted the rest of the DLC. Sadly, I won't have time to play anything until Friday.

I still haven't decided who to pair of F!Morgan with yet. I've seen cute fan art of her with Gerome and Laurent, so that always helps. Just no Owain, please, for reasons that should be obvious if you know who my Morgan's mother is.
I want some MorganxGerome art. Bonus points if its a Lucina!Morgan.
EDIT: Oops, ignore this please. Thought someone was quoting a post of mine.

Have some fan art of Lucina, Jigglypuff, Kirby, and Shulk burying Robin in pancakes so this post isn't a complete waste.

Source
What is going on...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

VS.

WHO WILL WIN!? :happysheep:
SO CUTE

HRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN

Speaking of Morgan.... <3

SHE'S SO PRECIOUS!!!!! <3 <3 <3
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHP ME CUTENESS METER

Have some fan art of Lucina, Jigglypuff, Kirby, and Shulk burying Robin in pancakes so this post isn't a complete waste.

Source
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH *head explodes*

In other news, I'm uploading some Lucina gameplay. Will post here when it's up.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
LIQUID bro...
you're mindlessly using counter.

First step is to never use counter again, until you're better at everything else.
Counter isn't a combo breaker, it is an anti-aggressive read or reactionary tool. Countering well above someone (where it won't hit anyone) after being up tilted 5 times won't do much :p

Actually, lol, i can't believe it, you made this Dr Mario hate his life just by countering in neutral over and over again at some point. I guess he really didn't understand why it wasn't working for you before and got desperate after the first 3-5 times you threw out really really bad counters that he just ran into.

Good game.

Last edited:

smashmachine

Smash Lord
you know it's a shame you can't possibly have both female Robin and female Morgan simultaneously, would be nice to have Lucina and Morgan as siblings

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
LIQUID bro...
you're mindlessly using counter.

First step is to never use counter again, until you're better at everything else.
Counter isn't a combo breaker, it is an anti-aggressive read or reactionary tool. Countering well above someone (where it won't hit anyone) after being up tilted 5 times won't do much :p

Actually, lol, i can't believe it, you made this Dr Mario hate his life just by countering in neutral over and over again at some point. I guess he really didn't understand why it wasn't working for you before and got desperate after the first 3-5 times you threw out really really bad counters that he just ran into.

He completely forgot about pills, grabbing, or shielding.
I tend to overpredict a lot. Sometimes I feel a bit too paranoid around someone and I need a way to feel safe when landing. More often than I'd like to admit, it backfires. Then again, I've gotten lucky with predicted counters in the past, so maybe it's not all bad.

But I will admit that is one of my bigger faults.

Edit: capitalizing my name isn't always necessary.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
you know it's a shame you can't possibly have both female Robin and female Morgan simultaneously, would be nice to have Lucina and Morgan as siblings
I mentioned that earlier (minus the siblings part). Plus, it'd at least give F!Robin more than one kid.

Sadly I have a paper due at midnight tonight, but tomorrow, I'm hoping to try a couple of harder challenges with Lucina. She always seems to pull me through things like hard All-Star.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Well, it would only matter early game, in which case asset defense, HP, speed, or resistance is most useful. But late game it doesn't really matter. Flaw: Luck, as always.

To be honest, I looked up videos of people doing the first 5 missions on Lunatic so I could see what they did in terms of positioning to keep everyone out of harms way. Might be a good idea to do the same. Also, be warned, make sure to save on each mission, so you can reset, since trust me, each mission will probably take a few tries even if you do everything right if chance doesn't smile upon you.

But in the end of the day, early lunatic is rightly refered to as "Frederick Emblem: Fredrickening", since you basically have Frederick put the team on his back while everyon hides in a corner and cries.
Thanks for the advice. This should be interesting haha. :p

Source
Well that's utterly adorable! <3

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Random question, have any of you actually played against each other? I would have thought to have seen friend code sharing or some people organizing to play at some point. Unless it was before I started posting here. Anyways, in short, I think it would be awesome to play against you all. If interested my 3DS FC is in my profile. Although I can understand why there would not be sharing since we have them in our profiles but still.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
@ Shaya Shaya , I just jumped into Glory using the counter less and smarter like you said. I also aggressively grabbed as opposed to countering. And I hate to admit this, but it resulted in such feats as 2 stocking a competent Captain Falcon, winning twice in a Lucina mirror where it was your complaints incarnate, and just barely beating a Duck Hunt.

Good stuff.

Random question, have any of you actually played against each other? I would have thought to have seen friend code sharing or some people organizing to play at some point. Unless it was before I started posting here. Anyways, in short, I think it would be awesome to play against you all. If interested my 3DS FC is in my profile. Although I can understand why there would not be sharing since we have them in our profiles but still.
I haven't played against anyone here, except @ Vinylic. Vinylic.

I'd be more than glad to play whenever I'm free.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Well even though most of us have our friend codes in our profiles, I still think it would be a great idea to trade friend codes here, or at the very least, say that we added someone and then hopefully they'll add you back. I'd love to play against some of you as well so I can improve my Lucina game, although I fear I may be pwned by many of you over and over due to my lack of skill. :p

I will most certainly add you Locuan! <3 If you want, you can add me as a Wii U friend as well. All my information is below my avatar. The same goes for all of you wonderful people as well. Add me or don't add me, but I hope you do in the end. ^_^

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Well even though most of us have our friend codes in our profiles, I still think it would be a great idea to trade friend codes here, or at the very least, say that we added someone and then hopefully they'll add you back. I'd love to play against some of you as well so I can improve my Lucina game, although I fear I may be pwned by many of you over and over due to my lack of skill. :p

I will most certainly add you Locuan! <3 If you want, you can add me as a Wii U friend as well. All my information is below my avatar. The same goes for all of you wonderful people as well. Add me or don't add me, but I hope you do in the end. ^_^
Awesome! Although it would be cool to test our skills to improve I was thinking of having a crazy free for all between us. Crazy fun mayhem.

Also, since we seem to be sharing videos and analyzing them I have two D:
First, Second.
They are pretty lengthy since my friend insisted on playing four stock matches.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well, it fakes them out I suppose because on wifi people expect dashes and rolls as the only movement tool.

But assuming full control of your character, Marth/Lucina has the fastest walk in the game. You approach with walking, you respace with walking, you pressure people at mid range due to walking. And you can do any action out of a walk, and stuff like down tilt and jab are stupid amazing.

> any action out of a walk
> any action
> ANY

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Awesome! Although it would be cool to test our skills to improve I was thinking of having a crazy free for all between us. Crazy fun mayhem.

First, Second.
I'd totally be down with that! I've had enough 1v1 for a while so a chaotic, fun, free for all battle should be a nice change of pace from feeling like evert battle counts. So stressful sometimes. :urg:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

First, Second.
That would be great.

Shaymikyu

I think most Morgan pics I have are already posted here somewhere. And I honestly haven't see much Gerome x Morgan, but all of what I've seen is pretty cute. I can upload more later (though sadly not much for Lucina Morgan).
Quick question. Where do you get that amazing profile pic. I NEED IT!!! <3 0_0
I got it from Pixiv. The source is in my sig. Here's the full pic, if you're curious.

Have I mentioned I love the Morgans?

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Well, it fakes them out I suppose because on wifi people expect dashes and rolls as the only movement tool.

But assuming full control of your character, Marth/Lucina has the fastest walk in the game. You approach with walking, you respace with walking, you pressure people at mid range due to walking. And you can do any action out of a walk, and stuff like down tilt and jab are stupid amazing.

> any action out of a walk
> any action
> ANY
That is silly. :p

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I think most Morgan pics I have are already posted here somewhere. And I honestly haven't see much Gerome x Morgan, but all of what I've seen is pretty cute. I can upload more later (though sadly not much for Lucina Morgan).

I got it from Pixiv. The source is in my sig. Here's the full pic, if you're curious.

Have I mentioned I love the Morgans?
Thank you SO much! <3

You probably have but it's all good. Besides, most of us here love the Morgans so your in excellent company! ^_^

Shaymikyu

I don't know if I just main a bunch of light hitters, but I feel like Lucina hits the hardest out of my mains/secondaries. Her deadly smashing is what won me hard All Star. Sadly, the technique doesn't work so well on Master Core or Cruel Smash.
Thank you SO much! <3

You probably have but it's all good. Besides, most of us here love the Morgans so your in excellent company! ^_^

You can never have too much of Morgan, ever. Especially blue-haired Morgan.

Last edited:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
yeah, you're right

JUST KEEP ROLLING ONLY SOLDIERS, WE GOT THIS !

ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN'

Blues brothers = Shaya
Gimme some lovin' = Walking
Rawhide = what people want
Well, alot of people are already doing that cause, you know, it's so spammable.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well, alot of people are already doing that cause, you know, it's so spammable.
Oh I'm well aware. I wouldn't have issues with roll spammers if For Glory didn't have timers. The only issue I have with them is how much longer they elongate matches. So when there's only 2 stocks, and Marth/Lucina is basically guaranteed to lose sudden death, all I get are people who go for time outs because they get destroyed trying anything else against me, lol.

Rolls at top level are great reactionary/baity pressure. But mindless rolling on wifi doesn't add any depth, just 15-30 seconds of extra play time for every minute you play an opponent who only knows how to roll. I still just walk, shield, and hit them and win. Just means every time I miss a hit, I have to chase them for 2-5 rolls.

I have a 70% win rate on for glory, but a 10% win rate on sudden death, although I go to sudden death about 5-10% of the time due to roll spammers.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I don't know if I just main a bunch of light hitters, but I feel like Lucina hits the hardest out of my mains/secondaries. Her deadly smashing is what won me hard All Star. Sadly, the technique doesn't work so well on Master Core or Cruel Smash.

You can never have too much of Morgan, ever. Especially blue-haired Morgan.
Well consider my other two mains besides Lucina are Robin and Shulk, I don't exactly know how you feel but I can totally see what you mean after playing with Meta Knight and Jigglypuff in All Star Mode. Her Smash attacks are not to be taken lightly. Although, I've actually used that technique against Master Core effectively. Not all the time mind you but mostly. However I've yet to touch Cruel Smash. One day though, one day. :p

And you are correct! You can never have too much of Morgan. Blue-haired Morgans FTW! <3

I want more Morgan pics. And just fluff in general. I'm looking at you @GhostPanda1314. Please, it's been nearly two weeks...
This is one fluffy thread......... and I LOVE IT!!! <3 <3 <3 :happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaymikyu

I want more Morgan pics. And just fluff in general. I'm looking at you @GhostPanda1314. Please, it's been nearly two weeks...
I'll see what I can dig up after my long assignment I'm doing right now.

Is it just me, or does it seem like timed battles and Smash Run always end in sudden death? In the demo, every battle bar few ended in it. I tend to do Stock now, but when I accidentally do time on rare occasions, it almost always ends in Sudden Death.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Hey, I just realized we've reached 150 pages on this thread! Congratulations everyone for making this possible! I know I'm still fairly new to this thread but I hope to contribute for the next 150 pages and onward! Thank you everyone for being so welcoming and friendly, for Robertman2 for inviting me to this incredible thread so I can meet all you wonderful people, to all of you for being my friends, and for giving me a place where I can express my love for all things Lucina! Let's all strive to make this the best freaking social thread for any character on Smashboards! ^o^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom