• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
That's what I am struggling with, since I have most of my pairings decided on (there are not the same ones as my main Robin x Lucina playthrough but rather those I have decided on for my next playthrough after my F!Robin x Chrom one.

Morgan x Inigo, Severa x Owain, Cynthia x Gerome, and Brady x Noire are the ones I have decided on. This means that with Nah taken all I have left is Laurent or Yarne going with Kjelle, so one of them will be forever alone

Also, side note: I actually think every single one of F!Morgan's relationships are good. I have nothing bad to say about any of them (even if its generally narrowed down purely because I like some of those characters with other people slightly more.)
I vote for KjellexYarne. Also, I'm the same way about F!Morgan's pairings. The only reason why I prefer her with Gerome is because it create even parallels the relationship between Lucina and Gerome, and Chrom and Robin.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I vote for KjellexYarne. Also, I'm the same way about F!Morgan's pairings. The only reason why I prefer her with Gerome is because it create even parallels the relationship between Lucina and Gerome, and Chrom and Robin.
While I agree with that, Gerome x Cynthia is just too damn cute. I can't help it.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
It is very cute. I normally alternate between them.
Also, incase you are curious, here are the pairings I've decided upon as "canon" for the A Future Disowned universe as I am now refering to my fanfics XP

Robin x Lucina

1st Gen
Chrom x Sumia
Lissa x Lon'qu
Sully x Donne
Cordelia x Stalh (though Severa is still red haired, dammit)
Meriel x Kellam
Olivia x Henry
Maribelle x Ricken
Cherche x Frederick

2ed Gen
Morgan x Inigo
Gerome x Cynthia
Severa x Owain
Brady x Noire

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Oh, guys, I also just had a fun idea for an headcanon yesterday. What if Ignis wasn't technically something only tacticians could do, but rather was linked to having Fell Dragon blood. Would explain why Robin and his/her kids could use it, and the sorta purpleish-red flames match the color of the Mark of Grima.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Oh, guys, I also just had a fun idea for an headcanon yesterday. What if Ignis wasn't technically something only tacticians could do, but rather was linked to having Fell Dragon blood. Would explain why Robin and his/her kids could use it, and the sorta purpleish-red flames match the color of the Mark of Grima.
But what about the cherry blossoms?

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Where did all of those Eevee's come from?
No idea, still adorable though.

I think the reasoning was because Morgan is the the "Eevee of FE:A" in that he/she can basically become anything.

Also, to bring things back on topic a bit.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
No idea, still adorable though.

I think the reasoning was because Morgan is the the "Eevee of FE:A" in that he/she can basically become anything.

Also, to bring things back on topic a bit.

Wasn't this one posted here already?

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Lunatic is horrible.
90 hours, but I did it. At least 50-60 of those were grinding.

I honesltly played on Lunatic just so I could min-max and max out character's stats without breaking the game. Since I like that sort of thing, coming up with cool/broken builds.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
90 hours, but I did it. At least 50-60 of those were grinding.

I honesltly played on Lunatic just so I could min-max and max out character's stats without breaking the game. Since I like that sort of thing, coming up with cool/broken builds.
Did you use DLC?

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I'm wondering if I should play Lunatic myself. From what I hear, it's hell.
As much as I LOVE Fire Emblem: Awakening and it's one of my favourite games of all time, I will NEVER touch Lunatic mode. That mode does not sound fun to me in any way! Enemies are cheap, the difficulty is beyond brutal, although Lunatic + is somehow worse than that, and most of the enemies have ridiculous skills earlier on. I'll stick to Normal and Hard thank you very much! I play games to have fun, not to be a masochistic to myself haha. :p

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
As much as I LOVE Fire Emblem: Awakening and it's one of my favourite games of all time, I will NEVER touch Lunatic mode. That mode does not sound fun to me in any way! Enemies are cheap, the difficulty is beyond brutal, although Lunatic + is somehow worse than that, and most of the enemies have ridiculous skills earlier on. I'll stick to Normal and Hard thank you very much! I play games to have fun, not to be a masochistic to myself haha. :p
This, though once you get past chapter 4 you can start grinding using the Exponential Growth DLC map. At which point it is easy enough to just out level and it becomes a lot easier. Basically I like Lunatic purely because as I said, it lets me max out character's stats and create really strong builds without feeling like the game isn't chalanging anymore. While doing this means Lunatic isn't hard anymore, your units still can die if you are stupid and thus you have to be somewhat careful.

If you really like building powerful units but still want a chalange, play Lunatic, though the first 4 missions will be hell. Otherwise, just play on Hard.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
This, though once you get past chapter 4 you can start grinding using the Exponential Growth DLC map. At which point it is easy enough to just out level and it becomes a lot easier. Basically I like Lunatic purely because as I said, it lets me max out character's stats and create really strong builds without feeling like the game isn't chalanging anymore. While doing this means Lunatic isn't hard anymore, your units still can die if you are stupid and thus you have to be somewhat careful.

If you really like building powerful units but still want a chalange, play Lunatic, though the first 4 missions will be hell. Otherwise, just play on Hard.
Fair enough! ^_^ Although I can never get past chapter 2........ :sadeyes:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Fair enough! ^_^ Although I can never get past chapter 2........ :sadeyes:
Fredrick Emblem Awakening. First mission, give Frederick Robin's sword to save the silver lance for later. Pair Chrom with him. Kill everything with Frederick using the bronze sword. Also give Freddy everyone's healing consumables. Chapter 1 you run everyone into a corner, camp Freddy on a fort, and kill everything. Use the bronze sword as necessary. Chapter three you give Frederick the Elixers, and run him north, while everyone goes to the bottom corner. If need be use the silver lance here.

You will need to just keep repeating though, since it will take trial and error with some luck.

But yeah, chapters 0-4 are the worst part of Lunatic

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Fun tip for anyone attempting classic 9.0 with Marth/Lucina: the mimic form of Master Core uses up-b any time you're sufficiently high above them (double jump seemed to be enough). This is at least true for Dolphin Jump and probably true for the other variations. If you have Dolphin Jump set then it'll just up-b into the air pointlessly and you can get a poke in 100% safely. Rinse and repeat until it dies.

I've a friend who's both an FE fan and a bit of an Eeveelution fanatic. I think she might explode from cuteness overload if I show her this.

...I'll report back with results.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Fredrick Emblem Awakening. First mission, give Frederick Robin's sword to save the silver lance for later. Pair Chrom with him. Kill everything with Frederick using the bronze sword. Also give Freddy everyone's healing consumables. Chapter 1 you run everyone into a corner, camp Freddy on a fort, and kill everything. Use the bronze sword as necessary. Chapter three you give Frederick the Elixers, and run him north, while everyone goes to the bottom corner. If need be use the silver lance here.

You will need to just keep repeating though, since it will take trial and error with some luck.

But yeah, chapters 0-4 are the worst part of Lunatic
Hmmmm, I might have to try that and see if I can successfully get past chapter 4. I think I'll create a file today on Lunatic and see how it goes with your advice. What should my asset and weakness be for Robin or does it matter?

Hunter Nightblood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
kah0922
If you think Lunatic is unfair, then Lunatic+ will be hell. Enemies get several random skills such as Hawkeye (Never miss), Luna+ (Luna always activates), Vantage+ (Enemy always attacks first), and Pass... from the very beginning. I actually gave up on Lunatic+ because I got so frustrated with it. I then went to Lunatic and it was like a breath of fresh air.

Hmmmm, I might have to try that and see if I can successfully get past chapter 4. I think I'll create a file today on Lunatic and see how it goes with your advice. What should my asset and weakness be for Robin or does it matter?
Generically speaking, Speed should be your strength so you can double as soon as possible. Frederick should also get a speed level up early or else you will die on Chapter 2. During my run, I made HP my weakness, but that was just me.

Last edited:

Timmay08

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Timmay08
If you think Lunatic is unfair, then Lunatic+ will be hell. Enemies get several random skills such as Hawkeye (Never miss), Luna+ (Luna always activates) Vantage+ (Enemy always attacks first) and Pass... from the very beginning. I actually gave up on Lunatic+ because I got so frustrated with it. I then went to Lunatic and it was like a breath of fresh air.
What... The... Hell... Who made this monstrosity?

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
iirc the full list for Lunatic+ is Pass, Vantage+, Luna+, Hawkeye, Pavise+, Aegis+, and Counter, with the last three starting to appear in Chapter 3. + indicates 100% activation rate. All enemies get two of those skills at random, plus whatever they'd have otherwise.

I'm pretty sure it's possible to get a map loadout that is literally unwinnable in Lunatic+.

Last edited:

Hunter Nightblood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
kah0922
iirc the full list for Lunatic+ is Pass, Vantage+, Luna+, Hawkeye, Pavise+, Aegis+, and Counter, with the last three starting to appear in Chapter 3. + indicates 100% activation rate. All enemies get two of those skills at random, plus whatever they'd have otherwise.

I'm pretty sure it's possible to get a map loadout that is literally unwinnable in Lunatic+.
It is early game. If the Hammer Fighter on Chapter 2 has Hawkeye and Luna+, you're pretty much screwed.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Well, it would only matter early game, in which case asset defense, HP, speed, or resistance is most useful. But late game it doesn't really matter. Flaw: Luck, as always.

To be honest, I looked up videos of people doing the first 5 missions on Lunatic so I could see what they did in terms of positioning to keep everyone out of harms way. Might be a good idea to do the same. Also, be warned, make sure to save on each mission, so you can reset, since trust me, each mission will probably take a few tries even if you do everything right if chance doesn't smile upon you.

But in the end of the day, early lunatic is rightly refered to as "Frederick Emblem: Fredrickening", since you basically have Frederick put the team on his back while everyon hides in a corner and cries.

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
That's true of most FEs really, particularly the recent releases. The Oifey/Jagen isn't super useful early game on the easy/normal modes and is generally mediocre midgame (Oifeys can at least become good again lategame), but you'll be glad to have them around if you're trying a high difficulty run because they will save your puny little ass those first few chapters.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

VS.

WHO WILL WIN!? :happysheep:
A 3DS with Grima's mark would rock. I already have my blue X and Y 3DS, though.

Reading this thread reminded me how much I wanted the rest of the DLC. Sadly, I won't have time to play anything until Friday.

I still haven't decided who to pair of F!Morgan with yet. I've seen cute fan art of her with Gerome and Laurent, so that always helps. Just no Owain, please, for reasons that should be obvious if you know who my Morgan's mother is.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
EDIT: Oops, ignore this please. Thought someone was quoting a post of mine.

Have some fan art of Lucina, Jigglypuff, Kirby, and Shulk burying Robin in pancakes so this post isn't a complete waste.

Source

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
A 3DS with Grima's mark would rock. I already have my blue X and Y 3DS, though.

Reading this thread reminded me how much I wanted the rest of the DLC. Sadly, I won't have time to play anything until Friday.

I still haven't decided who to pair of F!Morgan with yet. I've seen cute fan art of her with Gerome and Laurent, so that always helps. Just no Owain, please, for reasons that should be obvious if you know who my Morgan's mother is.
I personally like the supports between Inigo and F!Morgan, they are pretty funny. Though so are the one with her and Gerome and Laurent... and with Yarne... basically all of Morgan's pairings are cute and funny. But my personal favorite is Inigo x Morgan, since I think that would lead to both Robin and Lucina flipping out.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Robin, cause his always ready to tip the scales

Also, why so many spoiler tabs
Because I was discussing things in my fanfiction that involve stuff based on a fan theory rather than canon game stuff. Thus might be a spoiler for those reading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom