• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Nightblood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
kah0922
Today I was reminded on how brutal Death's Embrace is. It's the only map in the Awakening where it is ridiculously easy to die. I would say it is almost as tough as Apotheosis.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
So... A little birdie told me this is being updated in the next few days. :D
Here's the convo about the update if anyone cares.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Today I was reminded on how brutal Death's Embrace is. It's the only map in the Awakening where it is ridiculously easy to die. I would say it is almost as tough as Apotheosis.
Yeah, I too had a great deal of trouble with Death's Embrace but having Sol and Vantage makes it MUCH more bearable from what I've experienced. I wouldn't say it's as tough as Apotheosis, given how outright unfair it can be but Death's Embrace is not for the faint of heart or the dull witted, that much is for sure. Without a proper strategy and some beefed up units, your more than likely to lose some units within the first round or so. Hopefully, you were able to complete it without losing any units. Death's Embrace is also one of the few chapters in the game that is VERY dark in terms of content and certain implications behind the Risen and the missing villagers. Sends chills up my spine just thinking about it.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yeah, I too had a great deal of trouble with Death's Embrace but having Sol and Vantage makes it MUCH more bearable from what I've experienced. I wouldn't say it's as tough as Apotheosis, given how outright unfair it can be but Death's Embrace is not for the faint of heart or the dull witted, that much is for sure. Without a proper strategy and some beefed up units, your more than likely to lose some units within the first round or so. Hopefully, you were able to complete it without losing any units. Death's Embrace is also one of the few chapters in the game that is VERY dark in terms of content and certain implications behind the Risen and the missing villagers. Sends chills up my spine just thinking about it.
How is it very dark?

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
How is it very dark?
Allow me to explain.

Basically this evil cult killed any entire village while taking the strongest of the villagers with them to a local temple. When Chrom and the gang arrive, they discover that the villagers that we're taken were turned unwillingly into Risen assassins and when you battle them, they have some dialogue indicating that they are still sentient, which is downright creepy and disgusting. Not to mention they're spikes everywhere and the music is super creepy and you can quickly see just how dark this DLC chapter really is.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Allow me to explain.

Basically this evil cult killed any entire village while taking the strongest of the villagers with them to a local temple. When Chrom and the gang arrive, they discover that the villagers that we're taken were turned unwillingly into Risen assassins and when you battle them, they have some dialogue indicating that they are still sentient, which is downright creepy and disgusting. Not to mention they're spikes everywhere and the music is super creepy and you can quickly see just how dark this DLC chapter really is.
Well that's just f***ing pleasant!

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Speaking on fanfics, the new chapter of Future Disowned will be up tomarrow, even if you a Ghostpanda already did read it. Everyone else better prepare for their minds to be blown by the revelation bombs i am dropping.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Speaking on fanfics, the new chapter of Future Disowned will be up tomarrow, even if you a Ghostpanda already did read it. Everyone else better prepare for their minds to be blown by the revelation bombs i am dropping.
Got it.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

SO ADROABLE!!!
THAT PICTURE!!! :DDDDD
I used to hate Lucina x M!Robin because of how.... weird.... it was. Then I watch chapter 21 after scene and fell in love with the pair, seriously, that scene is so adorable and sad
Same here. I used to not care for the pairing, now it's my OTP.
You mean this poll? Darn it, we were so close to Lon'qu instead of Gaius! I still adore Gaius, mind you... Maybe they should have had three since Chrom and Lucina were practically shoe-ins.

I was weirded out by the concept of pairing the first and second gen characters together, but now it's grown on me, especially with how tragic a background the 2nd gen characters come from... It ties well into the theme of changing fate, too, since their love didn't happen in the first timeline and Morgan is sort of living proof of the changed timeline. Almost makes me wish I had waited and done it the first go round, but I still have my third save file for that.
You know, if Morgan is living proof of the changed timeline, I wonder what Gerome's initial reaction to her is. Any guesses?
Waiting for people to post stuff is boring... Post people...

Last edited:

Hunter Nightblood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
kah0922
Sol is useless on that map. I think you are referring to Lifetaker. Vantage does make it a lot easier.

I've beaten it once, with the special requirements.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Sol is useless on that map. I think you are referring to Lifetaker. Vantage does make it a lot easier.

I've beaten it once, with the special requirements.
Ah yes, your right, it's Lifetaker not Sol. I always get those two mixed up for some reason. :p

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I just posted the first chapter of my new Lucina x Robin one-shot collection. While this is the same short piece i posted here two weeks ago, you guys should still check it out.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Awesomesauce.
What are some of the other ideas you're thinking of?
The usual stuff mostly, though I am going to avoid just rewriting scenes. So for example I might do something set after the chapter 21 scene rather than the scene itself. Probably will do my own version of Robin dealing with find out he's Grima, a reunion scene, probably two birthday chapters (one for Lucina and one for Morgan, both probably coming out on their birthdays). Will also be doing some follow-up to A Future Disowned too, with at least two mini-arcs that will be...

One will be about Lucina and Robin traveling to Bathrealm for their anniversary, with Morgan and Marc left behind to babysit their now one-year old selves. Its going to probably intercut between the fluff happening at the hot springs and the antics happening back home.

The other 2-4 chapter arc will be set one month after A Future Disowned, and will be dealing with the fact that Marc's Falchion is acting weirdly on account of that now that he's not working for FP!Grima some of the sword's original power is starting to return, but this is clashing with the fell magic FP!Grima tainted the sword with. Lucina will take Marc on a mini quest to get the sword purfied, which will also help Marc deal with his own baggage and guilt over his role in the FP timeline.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The usual stuff mostly, though I am going to avoid just rewriting scenes. So for example I might do something set after the chapter 21 scene rather than the scene itself. Probably will do my own version of Robin dealing with find out he's Grima, a reunion scene, probably two birthday chapters (one for Lucina and one for Morgan, both probably coming out on their birthdays). Will also be doing some follow-up to A Future Disowned too, with at least two mini-arcs that will be...

One will be about Lucina and Robin traveling to Bathrealm for their anniversary, with Morgan and Marc left behind to babysit their now one-year old selves. Its going to probably intercut between the fluff happening at the hot springs and the antics happening back home.

The other 2-4 chapter arc will be set one month after A Future Disowned, and will be dealing with the fact that Marc's Falchion is acting weirdly on account of that now that he's not working for FP!Grima some of the sword's original power is starting to return, but this is clashing with the fell magic FP!Grima tainted the sword with. Lucina will take Marc on a mini quest to get the sword purfied, which will also help Marc deal with his own baggage and guilt over his role in the FP timeline.
I want to the Bathrealm one so badly. And you chose Lucy to go with Marc?

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I want to the Bathrealm one so badly. And you chose Lucy to go with Marc?
Can't have Robin do everything, now can I? Also as she also wields a version of Falchion she is more qualified for this.

Also its on Robin's suggestion, as he is going to talk to Lucina before hand and has a theory that part of Marc's guilt comes from that he feels like he failed his mother's (the FP!Future!Lucina) memory and as a Falchion wielder by helping Grima. That if the two of them spend this time togeather, Lucina might be able to help him come to terms with that.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Can't have Robin do everything, now can I. Also as she also wields a version of Falchion she is more qualified for this. Also its on Robin's suggestion, as he is going to talk to Lucina before hand and has a theory that Marc part of his guilt comes from that he feels like he failed his mother's (the FP!Future!Lucina) memory and as a Falchion wielder by helping Grima. That if the two of them spend this time togeather, Lucina might be able to help him come to terms with that.
Makes sense. You going to pair him up with anyone?

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
probably with Nah, because M!Morgan x Nah is adorable as all hell
M!Morgan x Nah is pretty damn cute. What's Robin and Morgan going to be doing while they're gone? And who is the poor future kid whose forever alone?
AWESOME!!! ^o^ Looking forward to reading it! <3

Oh cool! I shall add you to my 3DS and Wii U as well. ^_^

Damn straight you will.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
[M!Morgan x Nah is pretty damn cute. What's Robin and Morgan going to be doing while they're gone? And who is the poor future kid whose forever alone?[/spoiler]

Damn straight you will.
That's what I am struggling with, since I have most of my pairings decided on (there are not the same ones as my main Robin x Lucina playthrough but rather those I have decided on for my next playthrough after my F!Robin x Chrom one.

Morgan x Inigo, Severa x Owain, Cynthia x Gerome, and Brady x Noire are the ones I have decided on. This means that with Nah taken all I have left is Laurent or Yarne going with Kjelle, so one of them will be forever alone

Also, side note: I actually think every single one of F!Morgan's relationships are good. I have nothing bad to say about any of them (even if its generally narrowed down purely because I like some of those characters with other people slightly more.)

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
M!Morgan x Nah is pretty damn cute. What's Robin and Morgan going to be doing while they're gone? And who is the poor future kid whose forever alone?

Damn straight you will.
I guess while were on this topic, does anyone else wanna be my Wii U and 3DS friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom