• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think Masked Marth being in that Amiibo preview is more likely pointing to content for Fire Emblem: Awakening than Smash Bros.

That being said, I figured they were done with that game? Perhaps it does point to her? Or maybe just regular Marth...
Maybe it points to Fire Emblem: Awakening being ported to Wii U?

These possibilities are exciting, however I also noticed that there's art for Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3, two games that wouldn't get Amiibo content for obvious reasons.

Perhaps remakes for both are in order, then?

Hong

The Strongest
Question? Did anyone get a look at Marth's alts?
Nothing.

Though they could have very deliberately removed it from the demo build if a Masked Marth were to exist in the game, much like they wouldn't dare let us play Pyrosphere.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I wish I could play myself and test stuff out :(
Europe!!! why
I'll just have to depend on American people for information I guess,
Does anybody think we will get a character today because it's last E3 day?
if so it would be a huge ending if that would be our girl Lucina!!

Last edited:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
On one hand, a leak seems more and more legit...
On the other, Amiibo shenanigans.

I'll never give up hope for Lucina, but at this point, it does feel like her dad will get in instead.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The leak said Chrom would be at E3. BUT HE WASN'T!!! HOPE WILL NEVER DIE GODZILLA!!!! NEVER!!!!

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
no please not :(
No (leak) talk I don't believe it and I don't want to either. told in in some other places as well that people go to far with that stuff.
I'll never stop the support!!!

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
no please not :(
No (leak) talk I don't believe it and I don't want to either. told in in some other places as well that people go to far with that stuff.
I'll never stop the support!!!
I only believe the first part. The second part is crap.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I only believe the first part. The second part is crap.
I believe all the first characters are in the game now so can't really say anything about that but I still don't really care to much about wheter or not that leak was actually true, Leaks are 1 big hype killer.

EDIT: I don't get why there should be an complete own thread for that stuff either but that might just be me.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
EDIT: I don't get why there should be an complete own thread for that stuff either but that might just be me.
Oh, I'm thankful that there is a thread for it, since it originally did well in helping to contain it to one place.

But now it's everywhere again. It's kind of like if someone feeds their fishies for over a year and never cleans the filter, and one day it falls off into the tank and all the waste floods out into the water at once. **** everywhere.

People are 100% entitled to their beliefs, and I don't mind it being brought up to support their claims, but to the extent that a number of threads have had pages of this since e3, and attempts people have made to have a constructive conversation is just engulfed in fish feces within a day is depressing.

On topic, I don't think the amiibo thing matters at all. If Lucina theorically showed up in, say, Hyrule Warriors, would it be a concern for her in Smash Bros? amiibo is not Smash Bros... It's a product you can use in conjunction with many products, Smash Bros not with-standing. Smash Bros will be the debut of the product, granted, but that is not the sole purpose. If Lucina is in Smash Bros, she will have a Lucina amiibo. The graphic they used for demonstration sake is entirely irrelevant. Of course they would advertise using a character people are familiar with as opposed to an older Fire Emblem character.

I don't even doubt by fall next year characters like Link or Mario will have two or more figurines of them. Even if this Masked Marth amiibo is actually manufactured, there is nothing stopping them from making Marth, "Marth", and Lucina figurines. I would wager the Masked Marth would have more functionality with SMT x FE more than anything, but might unlock a trophy, too.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I just find it odd that they would put her in the trailer. And who knows. Game & Watch was in the trailer too.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Oh, I'm thankful that there is a thread for it, since it originally did well in helping to contain it to one place.

But now it's everywhere again. It's kind of like if someone feeds their fishies for over a year and never cleans the filter, and one day it falls off into the tank and all the waste floods out into the water at once. **** everywhere.

People are 100% entitled to their beliefs, and I don't mind it being brought up to support their claims, but to the extent that a number of threads have had pages of this since e3, and attempts people have made to have a constructive conversation is just engulfed in fish feces within a day is depressing.
O god yeah it feels like an kind of virus you just can't get out of humanity.
The thing I think is completely wrong with it is how people kind of confirm their point of view because a stupid leak says so. By this logic we should have a roster with like 200 characters when the game gets released. (This one is obviously more relyable but idc about that tbh)

On topic, I don't think the amiibo thing matters at all. If Lucina theorically showed up in, say, Hyrule Warriors, would it be a concern for her in Smash Bros? amiibo is not Smash Bros... It's a product you can use in conjunction with many products, Smash Bros not with-standing. Smash Bros will be the debut of the product, granted, but that is not the sole purpose. If Lucina is in Smash Bros, she will have a Lucina amiibo. The graphic they used for demonstration sake is entirely irrelevant. Of course they would advertise using a character people are familiar with as opposed to an older Fire Emblem character.

I don't even doubt by fall next year characters like Link or Mario will have two or more figurines of them. Even if this Masked Marth amiibo is actually manufactured, there is nothing stopping them from making Marth, "Marth", and Lucina figurines. I would wager the Masked Marth would have more functionality with SMT x FE more than anything, but might unlock a trophy, too.
the thing that makes me think about this is that all those characters except for 8-bit Mario and Lucina are in the game in some form, being a move, assist trophy or unconfirmed smash veteran. (obviously characters as well)

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
And the reason for 8-Bit Mario being in the trailer because he tends to pop up everywhere.

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I really don't want Chrom. People can argue he's the "face of Awakening" when in fact Masked Marth shares the same prominence in the packaging design and promotional images, and Lucina got her own figure in the works and is the face of the soundtrack and Knights of Iris, no? Chrom is just bland. Lucina is way more interesting and diverse. She's the female child of Chrom disguising as Marth who came back from the future to warn Chrom and that's where the story of Awakening begins. That should be more interesting than blue haired swordsman Chrom with no personality whatsoever being in the roster with two other blue haired swordsmen. You can argue how Chrom can be set up differently than the other 2 characters and be unique which I don't doubt Sakurai can achieve, but in the end the Fire Emblem franchise will be represented by three blue haired swordsmen, which seems a bit shallow considering how diverse Fire Emblem is. I'm all for Robin, Owain, and Tharja as well, but I don't think Chrom should be a representative

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Lucina and Ike are my two favorite FE characters, and while I do like Chrom, Lucina will always be my preferred character.
That said, when it comes to Chrom Vs. Lucina I'd love either one, as long as Robin is nowhere near my smash.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Lucina and Ike are my two favorite FE characters, and while I do like Chrom, Lucina will always be my preferred character.
That said, when it comes to Chrom Vs. Lucina I'd love either one, as long as Robin is nowhere near my smash.
Why don't you want Robin?

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Why don't you want Robin?
I simply hate Robin's personality with a passion. Since Smash seems to be much more quirky and 'silly', there's no doubt that Robin's personality would be kept and displayed faithfully.
I also don't like his/her design that much, but that's a minor complaint.

I will give Robin that magic + sword combo potential, but that's not enough for me to welcome it/him/her.
Really just personal dislike of the character, in short.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I myself don't mind Chrom that much, I would really love to see Anna.
Robin is cool with me to so is Tharja BUT there is just 1 character that stands above all of them. And thats the mighty princess that goes by the name Lucina. Shes awsome she is cool and she is very strong. My most wanted newcomer and 1 of the few things that can make me hyped to my max for smash4.
thats my point of view. :)

EDIT:
might as well share a convo I had with my m8
me: Lucina needs to be in smash!!
him: Who's Lucina?
me: look at these picture's
him: yep she has to be in!!! let's play Lucina ditto's!
me: yes lots of them!
gonna make that meta

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
If Lucina fights Marth wearing her mask, is it considered a ditto? ◔ᴗ◔

Reginleif

Smash Ace
When will they finish announcing all the characters? THey haven't even announced all the veterans yet and if they're staying with the 1character/month thing we won't make it in time.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
When will they finish announcing all the characters? THey haven't even announced all the veterans yet and if they're staying with the 1character/month thing we won't make it in time.
keep in mind that not all characters are revealed before release, some are hidden.
melee had 14 unlockable ones (11 characters pre release)
Brawl 16 unlockable ones (19 characters pre release)
Melee had 25 characters
brawl had 35 characters
Smash 4 has now 33 confirmed characters
which means we have many characters pre release compared to other games. thats something to be happy with :)
I predict 35 characters pre release.

Hong

The Strongest
I think we will get a direct with multiple veterans and a newcomer before release.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I just find it odd that they would put her in the trailer. And who knows. Game & Watch was in the trailer too.
I think it's to show the diversity of Nintendo series for Amiibo, rather than related to any specific title her figurine would be a part of.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I really don't want Chrom. People can argue he's the "face of Awakening" when in fact Masked Marth shares the same prominence in the packaging design and promotional images, and Lucina got her own figure in the works and is the face of the soundtrack and Knights of Iris, no? Chrom is just bland. Lucina is way more interesting and diverse. She's the female child of Chrom disguising as Marth who came back from the future to warn Chrom and that's where the story of Awakening begins. That should be more interesting than blue haired swordsman Chrom with no personality whatsoever being in the roster with two other blue haired swordsmen. You can argue how Chrom can be set up differently than the other 2 characters and be unique which I don't doubt Sakurai can achieve, but in the end the Fire Emblem franchise will be represented by three blue haired swordsmen, which seems a bit shallow considering how diverse Fire Emblem is. I'm all for Robin, Owain, and Tharja as well, but I don't think Chrom should be a representative
I agree with this 100%, but sadly Chrom will be the Awakening rep in Smash 4. He will be the first newcomer to leave me extremely disappointed about.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Someone from Awakening is definitely going to make it in, but I'm becoming more and more afraid of Chrom. It would be so nice to have more cool female characters in Smash Bros, and what better chance than to use Lucina...? It's not often a major or main character is female.

Anyways, I'm hoping there will be an alternate "skin" for Lucina. But not for Marth, as many people would suggest. It would make more sense if it was Chrom/Lucina and you could pick either. Correct me if wrong, but in the game Lucina fights the same way or nearly the same way Chrom does since he's the one who taught her; she's only pretending to the Marth, and visually she doesn't even look similar to Marth (especially the design they are using for him in SSB4), only having a resemblence to him. A lot of people say Lucina and Marth look the same, but really, look at their designs, because your memory is probably failing you.

I'm really hoping Sakurai does this, because I think it would be dumb not to include Lucina in SSB4. She's a strong female character (what better opportunity to add more females instead of scraping the bottom of the barrel?) who is a princess but not dressed up like Peach/Zelda/Rosalina. She's also very popular and arguably of equal importance as Chrom in Awakening, arguably even the "star" character (she definitely does seem like the icon of Awakening from promotional media). It also won't come off as weird or lazy to have both Chrom and Lucina share the same character slot because it's in the story that they fight the same.

They made alternate models for WFT and Villager... please add Lucina! (Though it would take slightly more work with voice acting... but cmon! PLEASE!)

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Someone from Awakening is definitely going to make it in, but I'm becoming more and more afraid of Chrom. It would be so nice to have more cool female characters in Smash Bros, and what better chance than to use Lucina...? It's not often a major or main character is female.

Anyways, I'm hoping there will be an alternate "skin" for Lucina. But not for Marth, as many people would suggest. It would make more sense if it was Chrom/Lucina and you could pick either. Correct me if wrong, but in the game Lucina fights the same way or nearly the same way Chrom does since he's the one who taught her; she's only pretending to the Marth, and visually she doesn't even look similar to Marth (especially the design they are using for him in SSB4), only having a resemblence to him. A lot of people say Lucina and Marth look the same, but really, look at their designs, because your memory is probably failing you.

I'm really hoping Sakurai does this, because I think it would be dumb not to include Lucina in SSB4. She's a strong female character (what better opportunity to add more females instead of scraping the bottom of the barrel?) who is a princess but not dressed up like Peach/Zelda/Rosalina. She's also very popular and arguably of equal importance as Chrom in Awakening, arguably even the "star" character (she definitely does seem like the icon of Awakening from promotional media). It also won't come off as weird or lazy to have both Chrom and Lucina share the same character slot because it's in the story that they fight the same.

They made alternate models for WFT and Villager... please add Lucina! (Though it would take slightly more work with voice acting... but cmon! PLEASE!)

What do you guys think?
100% Agreed. I like Chrom but Lucina is a better choice by far.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I agree with this 100%, but sadly Chrom will be the Awakening rep in Smash 4. He will be the first newcomer to leave me extremely disappointed about.
lemme ask you why you think its confirmed Chrom will be the Awakening character we get, unles its because of THE LEAK.(bam bam bam baaaaam)

What do you guys think?
the idea is pretty good actually. I wouldn't mind this to happen. That way we have both characters and no duo kind of character like IC's. I know thats going to be a ********. As long as the voice acting and design is well done I would be allright with it. would be stupid if they would name the character(s) Chrom tho.

Last edited:
A Lucina 'skin' for Chrom would be great. Sure, we'd need more voice acting, but they got a voice actor for the male WFT, so why not Lucina?

Hong

The Strongest
A Lucina 'skin' for Chrom would be great. Sure, we'd need more voice acting, but they got a voice actor for the male WFT, so why not Lucina?
Villager as well. If the Mii Fighters have any voice work, I'd imagine they would extend the effort on that front, too, since even bargain bin 3rd party games have had voice blips for Miis.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
The difference between a WFT's and the Villager's dual gender costumers is negligible, since those characters are still those respective names. Hii Fit Trainer and Shii Fit Trainer are both considered Wii Fit Trainer equally, and the Village is the same.

Chrom and Lucina are two separate characters with two separate names, personalities, etc. Making an alternate Lucina skin would open the door to all characters (why not Shadow and Proto Man Sakurai?) of similar builds.

I believe that Sakurai has spoke out about not wanting including character skins like that for precisely that reason. Instead, he used alternate costumes like he has for Wario, and appears to be doing so for dual gendered WFT and Villager.

However, with everything that Sakurai says, it's subject to change.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
lemme ask you why you think its confirmed Chrom will be the Awakening character we get, unles its because of THE LEAK.(bam bam bam baaaaam)
I think Chrom is confirmed because of the leak, yes. Surely they could have dropped Chrom for another character during the development, but I would rather not get my hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom