• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I think Chrom is confirmed because of the leak, yes. Surely they could have dropped Chrom for another character during the development, but I would rather not get my hopes up.
I think its sad how much hype, hope and fun gets killed by this leak, and that it comes back everywhere you read :(
so I kinda hoped there was another reason. I won't go to far into it though, I want to stay Neutral in every characters case.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Sure hope this Amiibo hint pans out, I'd love Lucina. As far as I know, the only thing FE has on the horizon is SMT X FE, and it's unlikely there's a new 'real' Fire Emblem being made given how busy they have been/are (besides the spin off, they were working on Pushmo World until a while ago, and now Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.).

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I want to say that all of us Lucina supporters are doing a great job in keeping this discussion relevant and going. Good job folks!

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
time to make even more clear to everyone how relevant Lucina is by keeping this going!

Edit: I have to thank you KenithTheGatherer for giving me my 100th like :D

Last edited:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
The difference between a WFT's and the Villager's dual gender costumers is negligible, since those characters are still those respective names. Hii Fit Trainer and Shii Fit Trainer are both considered Wii Fit Trainer equally, and the Village is the same.

Chrom and Lucina are two separate characters with two separate names, personalities, etc. Making an alternate Lucina skin would open the door to all characters (why not Shadow and Proto Man Sakurai?) of similar builds.

I believe that Sakurai has spoke out about not wanting including character skins like that for precisely that reason. Instead, he used alternate costumes like he has for Wario, and appears to be doing so for dual gendered WFT and Villager.

However, with everything that Sakurai says, it's subject to change.
Damn, good points. I need to keep my hopes down! T_T

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Sort of off-topic: I finally finished mine first playthrough of Fire Emblem: Awakening. On the Endgame chapter, after several turns of defending, Naga finally says that the reinforcements will never stop coming (would have been nice to know that in the bloody first place!). After that, I simply gathered mine forces in front of Grima and easily defeated her.

Overall, though I cannot quite say this is mine favourite Fire Emblem of all time, I nevertheless thoroughly enjoyed this game and its story and characters; it was definitely off the beaten path. Personality-wise, I think I like Henry and Miriel the most.

[collapse="Plot Spoilers"]After defeating Grima, I decided to have mine avatar, Altais, deal the final blow. Not sure if that was the better choice or not. I might just repeat the chapter and have Chrom deal the final blow, just to see what happens.[/collapse]

Anyhow, after re-watching all the Fire Emblem: Awakening cutscenes, I just thought of a bunch of ideas for moves Lucina or Chrom could use in Super Smash Bros, including an up-special move. In the following video, from 5:28 to 6:15, Lucina could use the attack displayed in that cutscene in which she leaps high into the air, then comes plummeting downward whilst spinning like a windmill. It could function similarly to Super Dedede Jump, in that if the player wishes, they can cancel the plummet right before it happens--and if they cancel DURING the plummet, they will ingloriously face-plant into the ground, leaving themselves open.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'm impressed that people are still keeping hope alive, so shout outs for the positivity!

I'm still hoping we get her as her own playable character (DLC pleeeease), but I understand the likelihood behind that now..

As far as an alt, would you rather the alt be over Marth or Chrom?

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Since Lucina and Chrom have the same fighting style and are from the same game, and are closely genetically related, it would make more sense for Lucina to be an alternate skin for Chrom instead of Marth. If that happens, I could really see them using her masked form--if nothing else, to avoid spoiling the story of Fire Emblem: Awakening for those whom have not played it yet (which, sadly, happened to me).

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Since Lucina and Chrom have the same fighting style and are from the same game, and are closely genetically related, it would make more sense for Lucina to be an alternate skin for Chrom instead of Marth. If that happens, I could really see them using her masked form--if nothing else, to avoid spoiling the story of Fire Emblem: Awakening for those whom have not played it yet (which, sadly, happened to me).
Agreed. Plus, as a new character (well, in this case as an alt for a new character), I'd rather have her use a new moveset versus being an alt for a character that has been established since Melee. That would kind of kill things for me.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
There is actually a lot more hope now, even when it comes to the leak.

Leakpersondude updated his leak to say that Smash U will have DLC. I don't think he specified what kind of DLC, but even if we take the leak as gospel, there's a good chance we can get Lucina out of character DLC. I've always thought that character-specific DLC is a great way for Nintendo to make money - compared to the cost of the product, DLC is cheap, manageable, easily distributed and in the case of a series like Smash in high demand. Even if you released, say, a Ninten DLC, even non-Earthbound fans would probably get it because of completionism, because they want their set-up to be complete for tournaments (which could explain Nintendo's warmer attitude towards competitive folks) or just because.

What I'm saying here is, even if Chrom is announced ... Hope will never die.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
There is actually a lot more hope now, even when it comes to the leak.

Leakpersondude updated his leak to say that Smash U will have DLC. I don't think he specified what kind of DLC, but even if we take the leak as gospel, there's a good chance we can get Lucina out of character DLC. I've always thought that character-specific DLC is a great way for Nintendo to make money - compared to the cost of the product, DLC is cheap, manageable, easily distributed and in the case of a series like Smash in high demand. Even if you released, say, a Ninten DLC, even non-Earthbound fans would probably get it because of completionism, because they want their set-up to be complete for tournaments (which could explain Nintendo's warmer attitude towards competitive folks) or just because.

What I'm saying here is, even if Chrom is announced ... Hope will never die.
Yeah, if DLC is truly in the plans for Smash, I'm willing to bet my left foot that we'll get Lucina. Two thumbs up for the quote at the end too.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
They spoiled Kid Icarus Uprising in Palutena's trailer, so I am not sure if they care about not spoiling games in Smash.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I think DLC gives a lot of characters a case though. Again I think it could very well be possible for Lucina to be in the original roster we will get for release.
I guess I'll have to take some kind of Injection to not get any effect of the Leak virus :(

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I hope we get information soon. I wonder if that leaker knows which Awakening character is in. He had no clue who Greninja was, so he could have seen Lucina, and thought that was Chrom, due to being from Fire Emblem.

Reila

It seems to me that Sal's info about Smash is severely outdated. He didn't know Rosalina was a newcomer and he didn't know who the XY Pokémon was.

Maybe Chrom was considered to be the Awakening rep, but was dropped for some other character (Robin or Lucina). Who knows? We can only hope.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
It seems to me that Sal's info about Smash is severely outdated. He didn't know Rosalina was a newcomer and he didn't know who the XY Pokémon was.

Maybe Chrom was considered to be the Awakening rep, but was dropped for some other character (Robin or Lucina). Who knows? We can only hope.
Yes, please. Also, I remember reading Greninja was decided upon early on, so...

Reila

Yes, please. Also, I remember reading Greninja was decided upon early on, so...
Yeah, Greninja was chosen to be the XY rep before the development of said games started. Wishful thinking, but maybe Chrom was originally supposed to be the Awakening rep and Ike to be cut from Smash, but Sakurai change his mind and so he kept Ike in the game and picked other Awakening character for Smash.

It is nice to hope for things.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
One other Thing:
Smash Bros Melee technically spoiled Ocarina of Time with the Zelda-Sheik-Transformation.
Im kinda surprised that they spoiled one of the most important moments of Kid Icarus: Uprising.....
Now theyre going to spoil everyone when Shulk (and Lucina) get confirmed.:troll:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
How would they spoil people with Shulk? (I can see Lucina, because talking about her existance is kinda of a spoiler)

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
How would they spoil people with Shulk? (I can see Lucina, because talking about her existance is kinda of a spoiler)
I meant that as a joke. Like he would say something that would spoil the plot of Xenoblade. ^^
Not that i think that they would to that. (Even though i couldnt care less if they did, i beat Xenoblade back in 2011).

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I meant that as a joke. Like he would say something that would spoil the plot of Xenoblade. ^^
Not that i think that they would to that. (Even though i couldnt care less if they did, i beat Xenoblade back in 2011).
Ahh... I see.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Good point!
Yeah, Greninja was chosen to be the XY rep before the development of said games started. Wishful thinking, but maybe Chrom was originally supposed to be the Awakening rep and Ike to be cut from Smash, but Sakurai change his mind and so he kept Ike in the game and picked other Awakening character for Smash.

It is nice to hope for things.
Oh great point! It is a possibility! Back when they were picking rosters, Awakening wasn't out for that long yet right? So maybe they didn't know Lucina was going to be such a popular character? Awakening came out in 2011 ish so maybe they were planning on adding Chrom before Awakening even released (so at least 3 years before the 2014 3DS release date, 3 years sounds reasonable for a development period!) not knowing exactly what roles and significance each character had in the story. PLEASE LUCINA! :D

Edit: EVEN BETTER It was released in 2012! Surely SSB4's been in development for at least 2 years. Brawl was for much longer than that.

Last edited:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Good point!

Oh great point! It is a possibility! Back when they were picking rosters, Awakening wasn't out for that long yet right? So maybe they didn't know Lucina was going to be such a popular character? Awakening came out in 2011 ish so maybe they were planning on adding Chrom before Awakening even released (so at least 3 years before the 2014 3DS release date, 3 years sounds reasonable for a development period!) not knowing exactly what roles and significance each character had in the story. PLEASE LUCINA! :D

Edit: EVEN BETTER It was released in 2012! Surely SSB4's been in development for at least 2 years. Brawl was for much longer than that.
Lucina would make sence. Wasn't she the most popular character at IS where Sakurai went to, to ask what FE character whould be chosen for brawl and they gave him ike?
Thats basically why I expect Lucina in the game.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Lucina would make sence. Wasn't she the most popular character at IS where Sakurai went to, to ask what FE character whould be chosen for brawl and they gave him ike?
Thats basically why I expect Lucina in the game.
Agreed. Also, how do the Morgan twins exist in the Days of Future Past DLC even though their mother is Lucina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom