• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I definitely think Chrom is getting in before any other Awakening character.
But I could totally see Lucina as an alt for Marth, which would be pretty cool.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
At this point, Lucina is the most likely FE newcomer due to her being quite a bit different from Ike and Marth.

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
At this point, Lucina is the most likely FE newcomer due to her being quite a bit different from Ike and Marth.
I wouldn't say she's the most likely. Of the Awakening trio, I'd peg her as the least likely, actually. Chrom and Robin both receive a lot more focus in the story than her. I'd still love her, but it's difficult to place her on those two's level. That said, if she gets in, I'll be jumping for joy.

How can you say this! Look what you've done!
Omigod that's adorable.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I wouldn't really say that.
I'd say Lucina is just as similar to Marth and Chrom is to Ike.

Which is why I think they should be on an Ice Climbers tea,.
You have a kinda-Marth and a kinda-Ike working together! That'd be unique!

Last edited:

Shotguner159

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't say she's the most likely. Of the Awakening trio, I'd peg her as the least likely, actually. Chrom and Robin both receive a lot more focus in the story than her. I'd still love her, but it's difficult to place her on those two's level.
IS seemingly love Lucina more though. Robin has one character page on the official website, while Lucina gets two. Lucina also got two keychains like Robin, was used on both the Artbook and Soundtrack covers, appears in three of the CD dramas, is getting a figma, survived from the very first concepts of Awakening and has her own confession scene. If Sakurai goes to IS again, there is a pretty good chance they'll suggest her, especially since she's really popular.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I wouldn't say she's the most likely. Of the Awakening trio, I'd peg her as the least likely, actually. Chrom and Robin both receive a lot more focus in the story than her. I'd still love her, but it's difficult to place her on those two's level. That said, if she gets in, I'll be jumping for joy.

Omigod that's adorable.
Personally, I think it's between Lucina or Robin.
IS seemingly love Lucina more though. Robin has one character page on the official website, while Lucina gets two. Lucina also got two keychains like Robin, was used on both the Artbook and Soundtrack covers, appears in three of the CD dramas, is getting a figma, survived from the very first concepts of Awakening and has her own confession scene. If Sakurai goes to IS again, there is a pretty good chance they'll suggest her, especially since she's really popular.
Everyone has a confession scene. Everyone from Lucina to Tharja to Walhart to Chrom. The only one who doesn't is Morgan.

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I wasn't aware IS was pushing her so much. I suppose she has a better chance than I thought. :)

Hong

The Strongest
I might add that the soundtrack is gorgeous. Images do not do it justice, since it also has a sparkly case that cameras cannot capture properly. Worth every penny.

This is what it looks like when you pull out the cover and unfold it:

Shotguner159

Smash Apprentice
Everyone has a confession scene. Everyone from Lucina to Tharja to Walhart to Chrom. The only one who doesn't is Morgan.
She has her own though. With nearly every other character the background goes pink and bubbles appear.
With Lucina, blue sparkles appear, and that's it.
The only other exception is Tharja, who gets a green background.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I might add that the soundtrack is gorgeous. Images do not do it justice, since it also has a sparkly case that cameras cannot capture properly. Worth every penny.

This is what it looks like when you pull out the cover and unfold it:
I need my girlfriend to cosplay in that outfit next year at Anime Boston. And as regular Lucina.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
How about you cosplay as Lucina together. ^~^
You mean "Marth"?
I'll probably go as Robin, though.
Edit: I just noticed the flowers look like headphones. Holy crap, thats clever. What kind of music you think she listens to?

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Yes, I completely agree that Lucina is every bit as similar to Marth as Chrom is to Ike.

And while we're on the topic, let's talk about how people consistently state that Lucina is 'combatively redundant', i.e. her fighting style is redundant, when through two cutscenes and various supports and in-game assertions Lucina is both shown and stated to have a mirrored, nearly identical fighting style to a completely different swordsman. Chrom. Her father, the man who taught her to fight. The 'likeliest', 'not-like-Marth-but-totally-an-Ike-clone" character.

Seriously, detractors can't even keep their flawed logic consistent.

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I'd love to see Lucina in, she's my favorite FE character : >

It seems like more people want / expect Chrom though...

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yes, I completely agree that Lucina is every bit as similar to Marth as Chrom is to Ike.

And while we're on the topic, let's talk about how people consistently state that Lucina is 'combatively redundant', i.e. her fighting style is redundant, when through two cutscenes and various supports and in-game assertions Lucina is both shown and stated to have a mirrored, nearly identical fighting style to a completely different swordsman. Chrom. Her father, the man who taught her to fight. The 'likeliest', 'not-like-Marth-but-totally-an-Ike-clone" character.

Seriously, detractors can't even keep their flawed logic consistent.
Indeed.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Can still hope for her even if the chances were not what they once were.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
There has literally been nothing diminishing her or any Awakening representative's chances ... or bolstering them, either. I think we'll all feel incredibly silly after all this if all we get it Ike and Marth.
For the most part all three of them have some kind of hurdle to get past, which is mostly dependant on what the devs decide to do with it or decide to not do.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
What hurdles do they to have get past?
Also, here's hoping for a reveal at E3!!!

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
You mean "Marth"?
I'll probably go as Robin, though.
Edit: I just noticed the flowers look like headphones. Holy crap, thats clever. What kind of music you think she listens to?
punk rock.

I hope we get Lucina and an Awakening sequel reveal, with Lucina as the main lord.

Hong

The Strongest
It would be so cool if Ike and Lucina, who both went on a journey at the end of their games, could meet up for some epic adventure, but sadly Priam kind of indicates that Awakening happened thousands of years after the Tellius saga. Unless Priam went back in time or something.

Last edited:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Lucina? Well, she certainly could be unique. Coming equip with Dual Strike, which could be a combo move, Charm could be an alternative for Counter with a bit more... charm, and Aether, which could be used as a horizontal recovery. She could use that super jump move from the cutscene where she battles with Chrom as a vertical recovery, and her helping instincts could transfer into her move set.

SUPPORT.. Fire Emblem pun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom