• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I guess if we're sharing what kind of player we are- as I said, I'm more on the casual side, but don't mind hearing about competitive Smash. I just have little I can add myself, being unfamiliar with it.

Lucina is more a secondary than main for me, but I still enjoy using the character a lot because I loved her in Awakening. Marth was always a common member in my circle of mains in both Melee and Brawl, so her being similar to him helps as well. How aggressive I am depends on the character- with characters who can't fire projectiles, like Lucina, I tend to be more aggressive and just take out my opponents as soon as I can. With characters like Robin, I usually take my time more and rack up the damage first, then smash them out when I can. Lucina isn't my best character, but she's easily one of my more reliable ones. If my mains can't do the trick for a mode or challenge, she's usually a solid bet.

I am fairly new to Smashboards, but not to Smash. I have been playing since the first game. In the first couple games, I usually preferred quick and light characters like Pikachu and Sheik. I was better at avoiding opponents than slamming them out. In Brawl, I shifted more towards light-medium characters that could hit a little harder. Lucas is probably the character I've been the strongest with, though Robin and the new ZSS may beat him out. I admit I like to play with items on, but when I'm testing the waters for a character, I'll turn them off.

I actually lurked here back in the Brawl days, but never joined. I lurked here again for SSB4 and finally caved in. I won't be doing much online because my school's online for the 3DS stinks, but I might be able to sneak some in on the weekends I go home.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Eh, I wouldn't really want to make the rule of "no awakening stuff", and I definitely understand the draw of being within a more like-minded community here to talk about a great game. I just think that if you've given your opinion/thoughts on something specific before, then it needn't be repeated so frequently? I guess I was throwing out suggestions more so than "moderating" as something like the social isn't what you'd like to control the conversation of, unless people aren't happy. I just wanted to highlight the Lucina player community notion more as well, not all Lucina players would have even played the game (or played it to the depth many have).

I was able to knock out 9.0 on Marth and Lucina, I turned customs on and random'd until I had full attack and just played space-man (computers don't punish full hop forward air!). Final boss can be hard, depending on how quickly you take out master + crazy hand. Something like up smash into sh uairs really really quickly, dodging with jumps into back air and hopefully down that 100 damage in like 3 seconds and then just hope you can get to the sword boss while still having two stocks (I personally struggle with it, it's always going to get that large slash that kills at 100% >_<). Versing fat version of yourself is actually really easy, again, full hop forward airs, shield a lot as well as you can just jump out of them into more forward airs or grab them and pick a throw to juggle them.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I was able to knock out 9.0 on Marth and Lucina, I turned customs on and random'd until I had full attack and just played space-man (computers don't punish full hop forward air!). Final boss can be hard, depending on how quickly you take out master + crazy hand. Something like up smash into sh uairs really really quickly, dodging with jumps into back air and hopefully down that 100 damage in like 3 seconds and then just hope you can get to the sword boss while still having two stocks (I personally struggle with it, it's always going to get that large slash that kills at 100% >_<). Versing fat version of yourself is actually really easy, again, full hop forward airs, shield a lot as well as you can just jump out of them into more forward airs or grab them and pick a throw to juggle them.
I'll give that a go. I only really started playing with customs now. I generally prefer to stick to the default characters. And that sword move is why I haven't beaten it at 9.0 yet. I usually have lost a life by the time I get to that stage and get taken out by it.

As mentioned before, I had never touched Awakening until a while after Robin was revealed in SSB, and even then, I play it VERY casually (I'm still trying to wrap my head around some of the steps for getting certain abilities), so I don't even pretend to be a major FE hardcore... Yet. I definitely want to try more of the series in time.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
OHHHH YEAHHH!!! I beat 8.0 intensity last night in Classic Mode with Lucina! You could say, "I challenged my fate!" :4lucina: :happysheep:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Hmmmm, I see we are sharing what kind of player we are then? So be it!

I suppose you could say I'm a casual Smasher given how I play and my mind set behind Smash Bros. as a whole although I do enjoy the competitive side of Smash but only watching it, not participating it in per say. Even though I've played Smash Bros. since the N64 days, I still have much to learn in regards to the various technical skills and what not but I'm learning and growing day by day through the help of others which is nice. I don't have any lofty goal such as becoming a competitive Smash Bros. player because I know I don't have the hand eye co-ordination or the skill to become one, which I'm perfectly fine with to be honest with you. I've always played Smash Bros. as being a kind of in between with enjoying matches with items, stage hazards and the like but at the same time, I do enjoy the more fierce and intimate 1v1 matches with no items and stages with no big hazards. I suppose you could say I'm a mix Smasher but I'd still I'm a casual. Although, my playtime with each Smash Bros. game might contradict that haha. XD

Anyways, I rarely played as Marth in Melee or Brawl. The reason why is because I choose characters based on how much I like them from they're respective games or if I like them aesthetically and so forth. I'm not the kind of Smasher who only plays characters who are considered top tier as that just sounds rather boring to me and uninteresting. I enjoy a challenge, so picking characters who are more aesthetically pleasing and favourable thanks to they're respective series or games does provide that challenge as I usually pick characters who aren't as competitively viable as others. But back to Marth, I choose Lucina because she comes from one of my favourite games of all time, Fire Emblem: Awakening and because I loved her personality, character, how she looked, her strong will for a better tomorrow, and so much more. Which is why I married her during my first play through and ever subsequent play through. I knew she was the right woman for me....well Robin but you know what I mean. :p

So when Smash Bros. 3DS came out, I instantly gravitated to Lucina because of Fire Emblem: Awakening, despite her being a clone and all, which by the way didn't bother me at all. In fact, I made an entire Youtube video defending Lucina's existence as a playable character in Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS. If your interested, here's the video below. Apologizes if it doesn't sound super polished or anything along those lines. I'm still really new to the whole Youtube scene and talking to myself is rather awkward haha.

And since I had rarely played as Marth, Lucina still felt fresh and new to me because I only used Marth when I had to and never outside of that. And when I finally unlocked her, I knew for certain she had to be one of my mains just due to her agility, gracefulness, and honestly, I'm a sucker for sword wielding characters, especially sword wielding woman haha. X3 <3

If I had to consider anyone to be my primary main in the game, Lucina would be that character. Although I do have several other mains such as Robin, Shulk and most recently, Zero Suit Samus, Lucina will always be my primary main who I am very proud to be using.

I'm also in the same boat as @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu because I too lurked around on Smashboards during the Brawl days but never really posted anything that I can remember. After Brawl was released, I quickly left as I came, which is unfortunate since I would have meet so many wonderful people and made some friends in the process. Luckily, I have returned and in full force this time, supporting the community as well as defending the right, being a voice for the casuals and passionately supporting Lucina. And of course, I got to meet all you wonderful people! ^_^ <3

So that's my story more or less about myself as a Smasher and why I'm here more or less. I did something like this when I first joined the social thread but it was more focused on Lucina and not so much on myself as a Smash Bros. player. Hopefully I didn't bore you too much with my wall of text haha. :3

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
"I cannot lose." :4lucina:

Ohhhh, sounds like a good read! ^_^
Yep. Along with the other spin-off, the original, and the Smash Bros. story!
I'll share what kind of Smasher I am in a little bit.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I love how he tells little Lucina how future her is pretty hot.
I'm confused. If Robin didn't know about "Marth" yet, judging by the story, how can he tell baby Lucina that her future self is hot?

Or is there a small sentence I missed?

Shaymikyu

Completed the beat Target Blast with everyone challenge. I doubt I'll do 9.0 Classic/All Star with everyone this week because it's a hectic week, but I might get 10 Man Smash with everyone. Lucina got me my 100 combo in Training. Smart Bombs are your friend.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Just sorta skimmed through all of them in a 10 minute break.
Ordinarily, someone would be distracted by the cuteness of the swordswoman and the baby. While Robin did find the image cute, he was able to look beyond that.

He noticed how similar Marth and Lucina looked, right down to the Mark.

"...No…Lucina?" He said, slowly putting together the clues.

Marth looked at Robin, then at the baby, and realized her mistake.

"I should go!" She suddenly exclaimed, shoving the baby into Robin's arms. She quickly made her way to the door.

"Wait!" Robin exclaimed, only for her to leave. "Crap." He looked down at the baby. "Well, we should probably keep this between ourselves." He paused, looking at the baby. "...Possible older you is pretty hot, by the way. As if I needed to confuse myself even more than I already am."

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Oh, that.

My fault for not paying attention, but I did read that part.
MAYBE YOU SHOULD.
Also, looks like he updated all his FE stories. Slight disappointment at what happened in one of them. But... It's evened out by :4robinm:learning no one ever gave :4mario: The Talk.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Alright, my turn I guess to talk about myself.

I am a more casual Smash playing in terms of the seriousness I play at, with Smash always having been a game for me to play with friends and spent a few hours beating the living crap out of each other way back since Smash 64. However, I tended to strive for a high level of play simply due to myself and all my friends all being very much competitive people, meaning I was forced to always get better in the endless attempts to one upping each other. Also my best friend is "that friend" that everyone has, AKA the guy who can effortlessly beat everyone else with Smash despite the fact he doesn't own the game and gets less practice than everyone. (BTW, Christain, if for some reason you have stumbled across this post, let me just say, "you jerk") which made me put tons of effort into each game just so I could beat him damn once.

I've always been a sorta one-trick pony when it comes to mains, with myself tending to focus on a single character over all others. In Brawl this was Toon Link (who continues to still be one of my mains, since I still know that character inside and out), but when SSB3DS and SSBwiiU were announced I decided it was time I actually learn to play other characters.

The weird thing with this game however, is the chain of events that lead me to pick the current two characters I am trying to learn and main as, Robin and Lucina. A few months back I saw the trailer that introduced them, which is what convinced me to buy Fire Emblem Awakening. I'd heard good things about the game back when it came out, but hadn't gotten it for whatever reason. So I played it, and immediately fell in love with the game. This in turn made me decide to main Robin and Lucina, since I loved those two characters (and have them paired up in FE:A a decision which might have been influenced by the fact they were both in Smash).

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I've been a competitive Smash player since I started to play the game. I tend to main a few characters. I follow pretty much anything Smash related with a passion. Smash is what introduced to FE. I've been a supporter of :4lucina: ever since I played FE:A, so seeing the trailer was like Christmas morning to me.
>classes
>priorities

:L

My break is coming, I'll read them in detail and talks bouts myself in a bit.

Autocorrect blows.
One story, https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10649687/4/Failed-a-SpotPass, and the other, https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10749743/1/Smash-Cut. :4robinm: and Say'ri's and Kellam's son's meeting should have went down like this:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Skill-wise, I excel in zoning (Robin, Samus, Rob), and rushdown(Lucina, Mii Sword). I describe myself as a competitive casual due to my near competitive skill level, but adherence to casual rules for fun. After all, Smash is about fun unless you're a competitive guy.

My speculation period was focused on Mewtwo, and the day fate would change as for my mains was July 12th, coincidential date of Mewtwo's then supposed reveal, coinciding with the Genesect movie's release in Japan.

I've said this countless times, but enjoy, newer users(@ S Syrek and @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu at the top of my head).

Shaymikyu

I posted this in the Robin board, so I figured I'd post it here too- if DLC palettes and costumes became a reality (there's no hint of it right now, but it's fun to think about it), what costumes would you want to see for Lucina?

I'd personally love the yukata (of course), Great Lord, her "Marth" look since she can't wear the mask permanently right now, and maybe some more reference palettes, like Olivia. It'd also be neat to see possibly her possible siblings as Alph-esque alts since they can also weild Falchion according to their support with her (though I think the Morgans are better suited as Robin alts).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I posted this in the Robin board, so I figured I'd post it here too- if DLC palettes and costumes became a reality (there's no hint of it right now, but it's fun to think about it), what costumes would you want to see for Lucina?
Yukata.

No contest.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

I'd personally love the yukata (of course), Great Lord, her "Marth" look since she can't wear the mask permanently right now, and maybe some more reference palettes, like Olivia. It'd also be neat to see possibly her possible siblings as Alph-esque alts since they can also weild Falchion according to their support with her (though I think the Morgans are better suited as Robin alts).
You basically named all the DLC palettes and costumes I want for Lucina but her Great Lord, Yukata and "Marth" look are what I want the most before anything else.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Hmmmm, I see we are sharing what kind of player we are then? So be it!

I suppose you could say I'm a casual Smasher given how I play and my mind set behind Smash Bros. as a whole although I do enjoy the competitive side of Smash but only watching it, not participating it in per say. Even though I've played Smash Bros. since the N64 days, I still have much to learn in regards to the various technical skills and what not but I'm learning and growing day by day through the help of others which is nice. I don't have any lofty goal such as becoming a competitive Smash Bros. player because I know I don't have the hand eye coronation or the skill to become one, which I'm perfectly fine with to be honest with you. I've always played Smash Bros. as being a kind of in between with enjoying matches with items, stage hazards and the like but at the same time, I do enjoy the more fierce and intimate 1v1 matches with no items and stages with no big hazards. I suppose you could say I'm a mix Smasher but I'd still I'm a casual. Although, my playtime with each Smash Bros. game might contradict that haha. XD

Anyways, I rarely played as Marth in Melee or Brawl. The reason why is because I choose characters based on how much I like them from they're respective games or if I like them aesthetically and so forth. I'm not the kind of Smasher who only plays characters who are consider top tier as that just sounds rather boring to me and uninteresting. I enjoy a challenge, so picking characters who are more aesthetically pleasing and favourable thanks to they're respective series or games does provide that challenge as I usually pick characters who aren't as competitively viable as others. But back to Marth, I choose Lucina because she comes from one of my favourite games of all time, Fire Emblem: Awakening and because I loved her personality, character, how she looked, her strong will for a better tomorrow, and so much more. Which is why I married her during my first play through and ever subsequent play through. I knew she was the right woman for me....well Robin but you know what I mean. :p

So when Smash Bros. 3DS came out, I instantly gravitated to Lucina because of Fire Emblem: Awakening, despite her being a clone and all, which by the way didn't bother me at all. In fact, I made an entire Youtube video defending Lucina's existence as a playable character in Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS. If your interested, here's the video below. Apologizes if it doesn't sound super polished or anything along those lines. I'm still really new to the whole Youtube scene and talking to myself is rather awkward haha.

And since I had rarely played as Marth, Lucina still felt fresh and new to me because I only used Marth when I had to and never outside of that. And when I finally unlocked her, I knew for certain she had to be one of my mains just due to her agility, gracefulness, and honestly, I'm a sucker for sword wielding characters, especially sword wielding woman haha. X3 <3

If I had to consider anyone to be my primary main in the game, Lucina would be that character. Although I do have several other mains such as Robin, Shulk and most recently, Zero Suit Samus, Lucina will always be my primary main who I am very proud to be using.

I'm also in the same boat as @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu because I too lurked around on Smashboards during the Brawl days but never really posted anything that I can remember. After Brawl was released, I quickly left as I came, which is unfortunate since I would have meet so many wonderful people and made some friends in the process. Luckily, I have returned and in full force this time, supporting the community as well as defending the right, being a voice for the casuals and passionately supporting Lucina. And of course, I got to meet all you wonderful people! ^_^ <3

So that's my story more or less about myself as a Smasher and why I'm here more or less. I did something like this when I first joined the social thread but it was more focused on Lucina and not so much on myself as a Smash Bros. player. Hopefully I didn't bore you too much with my wall of text haha. :3
FINALLY SOMEONE IN THIS WHOLE SITE WHO CAN THINK CLEARLY! Congratulations man, you deserve a medal.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Lucina is for me , A better marth ... and well more appeling character ... and ... and ...God , i was soo happy when Sakurai reveal her and Robin ! Awakening powwwaarr ! Happy there no complicated tipping , fastest , and all of her alt are a brilliant easter egg and gift for all Fire Emblem Fan . Even if she was a Alt of Marth , i don't care , a AT ? same , a single trophy ? Same ... Because at least she is in the game ... at an fighter , sorry , a dancer , that right she don't fight , she dance with her sword ...

EDIT : 5555 th post in this thread ! Lucky Number !

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
FINALLY SOMEONE IN THIS WHOLE SITE WHO CAN THINK CORRECTLY! Congratulations man, you deserve a medal.
You seem to be using "correctly" as a euphemism for "the way I think things should be". That's rather self-centered and discrimanatory.

@ Shaya Shaya , would a subforum OT thread be an acceptable option? Perhaps renaming this one and creating a new general discussion thread for more SSB4-centric topics? I don't see much reason to shut this down as long as it doesn't start derailing other threads.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
FINALLY SOMEONE IN THIS WHOLE SITE WHO CAN THINK CORRECTLY! Congratulations man, you deserve a medal.
While his opinion is quite rational and awesome, the term correctly is subjective.

I think a more fitting word would be rationally, or differently, at least.

@ Shaya Shaya , would a subforum OT thread be an acceptable option? Perhaps renaming this one and creating a new general discussion thread for more SSB4-centric topics? I don't see much reason to shut this down as long as it doesn't start derailing other threads.
Seconded.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
You seem to be using "correctly" as a euphemism for "the way I think things should be". That's rather self-centered and discrimanatory.

Exuse me Collision, seeing people that defend Lucina excites me.

Shaymikyu

I think a subforum OT thread is a good idea, or even just one for Lucina players playing Awakening since that's what seems to have caused the issue. The Robin subforum has a thread about people getting into FE after Robin's reveal, so I'd think that would be okay since it still technically relates to Lucina. I'm not a mod, though, and newer, so I'm not 100% familiar with how it works around here yet.

Tribute

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0645-5788-4088
Just split General/Social to general (Non-groundbreaking-combo/tech-discovery discussion pertaining to Lucina smash gameplay) and social (basically serenes forest)

problem solved

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom