• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Oh, didn't mean to say that it wasn't worth it, again, the hot springs scene (so much fluff), the new version of chap 21 scene alone make up for it
No, I figured that! I meant I just knew what you meant.

Speaking of which, I forgot how much of a pain some of the Paralogues could be if you tried to do them ASAP. The only kid I've recruited so far is Morgan. I'm a bit dissapointed her supports with her father are the same as male Morgan with his mother, but at least it sounds like the others are different.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
That's why I pointed it out. Damnit Robin, you're a perv.
Haha, oh I know! ;) That picture must be one of they're first awkward moments together as a couple. Freaking pervy Robin haha. :p

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Read it!
What's your Robin like?
I like to think he's very much like myself. A gentlemen, who greatly enjoys reading and uses his mind instead of his brawn to sort out situations and conflicts. He's basically like vanilla Robin in the game actually more or less. :p

Shaymikyu

And now the sequel to Help I'm Addicted to This Game Again- Help I'm Really Starting to Adore Chrom x Sumia. I almost want to do it again in my eventual F!Robin x Laurent run.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I like to think he's very much like myself. A gentlemen, who greatly enjoys reading and uses his mind instead of his brawn to sort out situations and conflicts. He's basically like vanilla Robin in the game actually more or less. :p
Mine's like that, but more snarky to anyone Lucina or Morgan. And has no problem threatening Chrom with graphic stories in order to get a pay raise.
...tell me Lucina isn't pregnant in that pic.
And why is that a bad thing? Have you read the whole thing? It's flufftastic.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I'm still getting a grasp for male Robin. At the moment, I interpret him as somewhat introverted (but not to an extreme), very bookish, warm and approachable, and generally calm. By contrast, I see female Robin as snarky, sometimes mischievous, but ultimately a good person who generally tries not to go to far when she causes trouble. She's not as overly concerned for others as male Robin, but she'll still have her motherly moments, even with others who aren't her own child[ren]* like Inigo.

*Depending on who she marries.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Lucina is pregnant with Morgan in front of Lucina...

I just find it odd, okay.

Show me the whole thing then.
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=28554518
I'm still getting a grasp for male Robin. At the moment, I interpret him as somewhat introverted (but not to an extreme), very bookish, warm and approachable, and generally calm. By contrast, I see female Robin as snarky, sometimes mischievous, but ultimately a good person who generally tries not to go to far when she causes trouble. She's not as overly concerned for others as male Robin, but she'll still have her motherly moments, even with others who aren't her own child[ren]* like Inigo.

My Robin sounds like a bit like F!Robin, without the motherly aspects.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

Yup, Male Robin sounds very much like myself! Introverted, warm, concerned about others before himself, quite the book worm, approachable and calm, not to mention very much a gentleman in various aspects. It's wonderful when you can relate with the main character of your favourite game! ^_^

That's why I feel Lucina truly compliments mine and Robins personality as well as our traits. <3

Shaymikyu

Yup, Male Robin sounds very much like myself! Introverted, warm, concerned about others before himself, quite the book worm, approachable and calm, not to mention very much a gentleman in various aspects. It's wonderful when you can relate with the main character of your favourite game! ^_^

That's why I feel Lucina truly compliments mine and Robins personality as well as our traits. <3
It's always fun when you can relate to them.:grin: Oddly enough, Sumia reminds me more of myself than female Robin, though I still relate to her in certain ways.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Robin and Lucina's personalities compliment each other's nicely.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I have no idea what's going on.

Ironically, the Morgan you receive gets the traits of the gender opposite to your Robin.

I don't relate to either Robin completely; sure, some of :4robinm:'s personality applies to me, but nothing stands out as particularly similar.

I relate more to Lon'qu with a far less extreme version of his past and Chrom as to girls, but not to his extreme either.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
No, I figured that! I meant I just knew what you meant.

Speaking of which, I forgot how much of a pain some of the Paralogues could be if you tried to do them ASAP. The only kid I've recruited so far is Morgan. I'm a bit dissapointed her supports with her father are the same as male Morgan with his mother, but at least it sounds like the others are different.
Yeah, Morgan has completely different supports with the other future kids depending on gender. Sadly his/her support with Robin and his/her other parent are identical except for some very very very very very minor differences.

Shaymikyu

Yeah, Morgan has completely different supports with the other future kids depending on gender. Sadly his/her support with Robin and his/her other parent are identical except for some very very very very very minor differences.
I'm assuming Lucina can also A Support with F!Morgan even when they aren't mother and daughter (not that I'll see this in my game since they are mother and daughter)?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
And all this time because of this thread I've been seeing Morgan as Lucina's daughter/sibling.

I completely forgot that they could marry under correct circumstances.

I'm assuming Lucina can also A Support with F!Morgan even when they aren't mother and daughter (not that I'll see this in my game since they are mother and daughter)?
Yes. Correction: No.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
And all this time because of this thread I've been seeing Morgan as Lucina's daughter/sibling.

I completely forgot that they could marry under correct circumstances.

Yes.
I don't think f!Morgan and Lucina have supports if they aren't related.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Actually no, Morgan only has supports with ALL of the second gen characters of the same gender, and two others with second gen of the same gender (Noire and Nah for F!Morgan, Owain and Yarne for M!Morgan). F! Morgan also has sibling supports for all the other non-lucina second gens, but this support is the same no matter who the other sibling is, just with some very minor dialogue changes.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I don't think f!Morgan and Lucina have supports if they aren't related.
And you're right.

:4greninja:'d

God, brain fart on reminding myself about switching genders.

----------------
God, :4robinm:'s supports with Tiki are hilarious.

If it wasn't obvious already, I'm a sucker for sleep talk comedy or comedy revolving around sleeping in general.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Looking on the FE Wiki, Robertman2 seems to be right. She only supports with her when they're mother and daughter.

I was bummed to find out that both Morgans couldn't support with all the 2nd gen characters. I wanted to see male Morgan interact with Gerome and Inigo. They could have even gone a step further and had them support first gen character like how they're mom/dad can support all gens. Imagine the amount of messed-up timelines that would cause...

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

Thats about how I see him, though I see M!Robin has also being a bit more sarcastic at times (as opposed to F!Robin's snark). I more or less have him act like this in my fanfiction actually, though with a slight increased tendency for sarcastic/wise-ass remarks.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Here's a great write up on Robin's personality. Not sure if someone has linked it yet.

Basically, M!Robin is intelligent, loyal, idealistic, and kind, but also has severe self confidence issues and lets others push him around a lot.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Looking on the FE Wiki, Robertman2 seems to be right. She only supports with her when they're mother and daughter.

I was bummed to find out that both Morgans couldn't support with all the 2nd gen characters. I wanted to see male Morgan interact with Gerome and Inigo. They could have even gone a step further and had them support first gen character like how they're mom/dad can support all gens. Imagine the amount of messed-up timelines that would cause...
They do slightly fix this in the Hotsprings map, giving M!Morgan conversations with Inigo and Brady, and F!Morgan ones with Cynthia (a conversation that serves as the biggest evidence to the Morgan = FP!Morgan theory) and Severa

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Here's a great write up on Robin's personality. Not sure if someone has linked it yet.

Basically, M!Robin is intelligent, loyal, idealistic, and kind, but also has severe self confidence issues and lets others push him around a lot.
Also, goddammit, this article has now got my second guessing myself about whether or not I am actually writing Robin in character in my own story, while also at the same time giving me ideas for one-shots I could write.

So um, what do you guys think honesty? Is the way I've been writting him so far in Future Disowned within character? I mean, has already decided that he has gotten a slight bit of a confidence boost after having killed Grima and come back from the dead, as this proved to him that he isn't Grima's vessel nor is he the future Robin.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Also, goddammit, this article has now got my second guessing myself about whether or not I am actually writing Robin in character in my own story, while also at the same time giving me ideas for one-shots I could write.
For what it's worth, he seems in character to me. *Shrugs*

Shaymikyu

I think different people see different characters different ways. Even if certain aspects of their personality aren't obvious, you can still include them without it being out of character. Obviously, this doesn't cover things that are definitely not in-character, like Vaike being a genius or Miriel being brutish (extreme examples, admittedly- I see more things like demonizing characters for a ship or ironing out their flaws to make them a perfect love interest/Mary Sue).

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
To be fair, that piece made me realize the very interesting duality that exists in Robin's lack of confidence. In most cases Robin is the first person to step forward to support one of his friends or allies, almost always knowing exactly what to say to help when others are lacking confidence or need someone to prop them up. He will do this with absolute certainty, assuring them of who they are when they are in doubt.

Yet, at the same time, none of this confidence exists in regards to who he is. He isn't sure who or what he is, nor is he at all confident in himself while he is 100% confident in his friends. It seems like Robin is sure of everything except in regards to himself.

Shaymikyu

It's always neat to see how others view a character. Sometimes it even changes your own headcanons. I know that's happened to me with a few characters in the past.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
It's always neat to see how others view a character. Sometimes it even changes your own headcanons. I know that's happened to me with a few characters in the past.
I guess its less of making me change an interpretation of Robin and more just making me realize that an aspect of his personality is more pronounced than I realised.

Though in this case that might have been because I myself have self confidence issues, meaning that when I look at fictional characters I tend to use myself as the basis for the comparisons, meaning I often over estimate how confident a character should be, or think they aren't as non-confident as they should be, lol.

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I guess its less of making me change an interpretation of Robin and more just making me realize that an aspect of his personality is more pronounced than I realised.

Though in this case that might have been because I myself have self confidence issues, meaning that when I look at fictional characters I tend to use myself as the basis for the comparisons, meaning I often over estimate how confident a character should be, or think they aren't as non-confident as they should be, lol.
A good exercise that might help you write characters is trying to assign them a Myers-Briggs personality type. No, Myers-Briggs isn't 100% accurate, but I did one for Shulk (ISTP, by the way. My analysis is about halfway down.) and it got me to think much more about his character and helped me to pin down just who he is better. Try that for Robin and Lucina, see what you get. And if you do try it for them, let us know what you get!

At a quick glance, I think Robin would be ISFJ, and Lucina ISTJ, but I'd have to look into it more to know for sure. I may do an analysis of my own later.

GhostPanda1314

Smash Cadet

So um, what do you guys think honesty? Is the way I've been writting him so far in Future Disowned within character? I mean, has already decided that he has gotten a slight bit of a confidence boost after having killed Grima and come back from the dead, as this proved to him that he isn't Grima's vessel nor is he the future Robin.
I'm agreeing with this second guessing. Am I writing Robin accurately? Author's can sometimes be blinded by their own writing, so I'd love to hear from the people who read my story.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm agreeing with this second guessing. Am I writing Robin accurately? Author's can sometimes be blinded by their own writing, so I'd love to hear from the people who read my story.
Obviously, in the setting of a fanfic some creative liberties need to be taken. Robin and Lucina being lovestruck for each other in secret is, in game and ignoring supports entirely, quite out of character(OOC) in context. I still think your handling of some of Robin's traits like caring for others(as well as youknowwho in particular) and being calm outside of confessions and convos with other characters about the subject(Chapter 8 and Chrom come to mind, I seriously fudgeing love that chapter) are written well.

GhostPanda1314

Smash Cadet
Obviously, in the setting of a fanfic some creative liberties need to be taken. Robin and Lucina being lovestruck for each other in secret is, in game and ignoring supports entirely, quite out of character(OOC) in context. I still think your handling of some of Robin's traits like caring for others(as well as youknowwho in particular) and being calm outside of confessions and convos with other characters about the subject(Chapter 8 and Chrom come to mind, I seriously fudgeing love that chapter) are written well.
Hm. Point taken with the OOC thing. Thanks for this. Haha, and I'm glad you love Chapter 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom