• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I just noticed- while you can choose music for your battles via Reeking Box, you can't choose the song that plays in the battle against Mustafa or Id (Purpose). I get it's to make them more special, but it still makes me sad.

I'm also at the slow Valm part of my male Robin playthrough (plus trying to recruit some children characters early, which was a terrible idea in hindsight), so I might start my Laurent support run as well.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I'm agreeing with this second guessing. Am I writing Robin accurately? Author's can sometimes be blinded by their own writing, so I'd love to hear from the people who read my story.
He seems in character to me.

The thing about Robin is that, while yes, he has some severe self confidence issues, he tries to hide those for the sake of his allies. He acts confident, since no one would trust a tactician always doubting himself. He represses his insecurities. They come up more in his interactions with people, like how he lets others walk all over him, than with him actually saying it.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm agreeing with this second guessing. Am I writing Robin accurately? Author's can sometimes be blinded by their own writing, so I'd love to hear from the people who read my story.
For the most part. And the little OOC parts don't bother me at all.
Also, in my head canon :4robinm:buys dinosaur toys with his Smash earnings, even if he doesn't know what a dinosaur is. :4lucina: Is baffled by this.
:4lucina:: Robin, dear, what are all of these figures?
:4robinm:: THEY ARE DINOSAURS! THEY'RE THE COOLEST THING EVER!!!! I TOTALLY HAVE MORE THAN NESS AND BOWSER JR. BUT IKE STILL HAS MORE THAN ME!!!!
:4lucina:: ...
:4robinm: Has quite a few of my... Quirks.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Well, think of it this way, you have the perfect opportunity for a new fluff piece. You can have Lucina realizing just how insecure and the extent of his lack of self confidence is. She could be initially surprised by this, since as GuyWithTheFace just mentioned, Robin tries to hide this and acts like hes actually confident, and is the first person to reassure and prop-up others when they are lacking self confidence (some this he has done for her in particular several times). Then she can go be the emotional support in this case, really being the first person to go out of her way to prop Robin up in the same way he has done for others.

It would be particularly heartwarming since besides those few moments in the story of outward doubt, no one really seems to notice his lack of self confidence or really even try to be that support. With Lucina being the first person to really see this and then knowing this talk to him about it and do her best to help this, maybe help him figure out just who he is, the question that's been haunting him and is at the core of his low self esteem, might very well equal fluff overload.

Tribute

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0645-5788-4088
I just noticed- while you can choose music for your battles via Reeking Box, you can't choose the song that plays in the battle against Mustafa or Id (Purpose). I get it's to make them more special, but it still makes me sad.

I'm also at the slow Valm part of my male Robin playthrough (plus trying to recruit some children characters early, which was a terrible idea in hindsight), so I might start my Laurent support run as well.
Thats because the mustafa level is perfect in every way, its the game saving you from making a bad decision.

Also, do lucinas other alt costumes have secondary colors as well? I play exclusively cherche get up minus missclicks

(On night stages, specifically the pokemon ones, she turns magenta/purple instead of red/black

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Thats because the mustafa level is perfect in every way, its the game saving you from making a bad decision.

Also, do lucinas other alt costumes have secondary colors as well? I play exclusively cherche get up minus missclicks

(On night stages, specifically the pokemon ones, she turns magenta/purple instead of red/black
No, I meant that you can change the music to other songs in normal battles, but that song or Id (Purpose) aren't choosable when you're fighting random Risen with the Reeking Box. Obviously those songs are perfect for their parts in the story. Chapter 10 is probably my favorite chapter in the entire game.

Tribute

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0645-5788-4088
No, I meant that you can change the music to other songs in normal battles, but that song or Id (Purpose) aren't choosable when you're fighting random Risen with the Reeking Box. Obviously those songs are perfect for their parts in the story. Chapter 10 is probably my favorite chapter in the entire game.
Oh.

And I'm pretty sure its Don't Speak Her Name

Shaymikyu

Oh.

And I'm pretty sure its Don't Speak Her Name
Yep, that's the one. I was just blanking out on the full name (I knew it was something along those lines).
Here, have cute fanart then.
Cuuuuuute! I wish I could get through her mission and get Cynthia now. I might have to grind everyone or proceed with the story slightly first. I really don't want to shove all the kids into the postgame like I did on my F!Robin run.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
At this point I'm really having difficulty naming anyone else my favorite female in gaming.

Lucina is just that damn good.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Yep, that's the one. I was just blanking out on the full name (I knew it was something along those lines).

Cuuuuuute! I wish I could get through her mission and get Cynthia now. I might have to grind everyone or proceed with the story slightly first. I really don't want to shove all the kids into the postgame like I did on my F!Robin run.
Get the exponential growth DLc, makes grinding easy.

Also, build suggestion time!

For Sumia!Lucina your best bet is to make an damage lead with a bit of surviveability. For me what worked the best was Galeforce, Aether, Luna, Pavise, and Duel Strike/Limit Break. Once her skill stat is maxed out Sumia!Lucina will basically have 2/3 of her attacks be either Aether or Luna. Keep her a Great Lord in this case and go wreck face.

To help out with this you can make Robin a more support build. Grab Athema, Tomefaire/Swordfaire depending on weapon preference, Dual Guard +. Deliverer, and something else of your choice (or Limit Break if you have the DLC). Armthrift might be a good choice

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Get the exponential growth DLc, makes grinding easy.
I can't get more DLC until Christmas.:sadsheep: Maybe I'll start up my Laurent run and by the time I'm to this point again, I should have the DLC. Or I'll just work on grinding the old fashioned way until then.

Shaymikyu

what difficutly are you on?
Normal because I'm a wuss. The story chapters aren't hard at all. It's more recruiting the kids in the Paralogues. It doesn't help that I'm a perfectionist who wants to keep all the villagers alive in those "protect the villager allies" ones, like Gerome's and Owain's. I have all the kids on my F!Robin run (and all the characters period except Priam), but on my male Robin run, for Paralogues, I've only recruited Donnel, Anna, and Morgan. I got close to Laurent, but I got finished off near the end.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Also, pro grinding tip. Go to the wireless options menu and summon teams of old Fire Emblem characters to fight. You can also buy from them, which can be useful.

Edit: Holy crap, apparnetly i walked past someone who had FE:A some time recently, since a spotpass team showed up.

I won of course, since I am "uber leet pro"

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Also, pro grinding tip. Go to the wireless options menu and summon teams of old Fire Emblem characters to fight. You can also buy from them, which can be useful
I actually have Marth and Micaiah on my F!Robin file. I just rarely use them because I prefer to rely on the characters in the game normally (plus the SpotPass not-quite-dead ones). I didn't know you could fight them too, though. If you beat them, will they go away, join your team, or can you summon them again later?

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I actually have Marth and Micaiah on my F!Robin file. I just rarely use them because I prefer to rely on the characters in the game normally (plus the SpotPass not-quite-dead ones). I didn't know you could fight them too, though. If you beat them, will they go away, join your team, or can you summon them again later?
If you beat them they join you for free (I never use them) and every 24 hours it refreshes, so you can summon them again. Doing so also gives you more renown points, which slowly lets you unlock rare bonus items.

Also, try focusing on getting God!Morgan, Robin, Lucina, and Chrom fully realised. Once you do that they should be able to handle most situations just fine.

For Morgan, I'd recomend Galeforce, Aether, Ignis, Pavise, and Armthrift/Swordfaire/Tomefaire.

See my earlier post for build suggestions for Robin and Lucina.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Aether Morgan breaks the game. She puts Rightful King Morgan to shame, and he also breaks the game.
If you beat them they join you for free (I never use them) and every 24 hours it refreshes, so you can summon them again. Doing so also gives you more renown points, which slowly lets you unlock rare bonus items.

Also, try focusing on getting God!Morgan, Robin, Lucina, and Chrom fully realised. Once you do that they should be able to handle most situations just fine.

For Morgan, I'd recomend Galeforce, Aether, Ignis, Pavise, and Armthrift/Swordfaire/Tomefaire.

See my earlier post for build suggestions for Robin and Lucina.
Ah, got it. I'll have to do that in my F!Robin original file, too.

I am focusing on Morgan right now and I don't regret it. I'll work on the other three once I get a couple more S supports done to unlock all the Paralogues. The only one I don't have a direction on right now is Tharja for Noire. My remaining guys not being supported with anyone are Vaike, Kellam, and Virion.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The only one I don't have a direction on right now is Tharja for Noire. My remaining guys not being supported with anyone are Vaike, Kellam, and Virion.
Kellam
that +5 defence with +4 magic

or Vaike if you really want one of the male-exclusive skills, I don't think any of them are worth it though, Noire will also end up being a more physical-oriented unit

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hm, I feel like at some stage talking about awakening is going to have to be off-topic.
Maybe I'm being too anal but I really am beginning to not being able to personally stand reading the same conversation every day. All I see are people who are still playing awakening or like talking about awakening... I'm sure there's an awakening thread enshrined somewhere near the lighthouse, and there's also countless fire emblem forums too :<

This board is meant to be about Lucina in Smash Bros and fostering a community for her players. All I see happening here is anyone who is seriously playing Lucina getting flooded out by the same headcannon / shipping preference conversation.

What do I know about anyone who actually plays Lucina? Really nothing at all. I talk about Lucina as a character more often with Marth mains then the people who use this forum...

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

What skill did you pass from Robin to her?
Solidarity, I think? I kind of rushed Lucina and Robin together. I'll probably be more skill-picky on my F!Robin run I mentioned.

EDIT: If this board just becomes about playing Lucina in SSB, I'll probably not visit here much anymore, to be honest. I'm not that interested in competitive Smash and while I want to get better, I doubt I'll be doing For Glory anytime soon.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
EDIT: If this board just becomes about playing Lucina in SSB, I'll probably not visit here much anymore, to be honest. I'm not that interested in competitive Smash and while I want to get better, I doubt I'll be doing For Glory anytime soon.
Why are you here talking about awakening when you could do so in a much larger/more focused community/place dedicated entirely to it?
And it isn't just about competitive players either though.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Why are you here talking about awakening when you could do so in a much larger/more focused community/place dedicated entirely too it?
And it isn't just about competitive players either though.
I'm here to talk about Smash too. I just don't really have much to say about it right now, I guess? I'll probably have more to say closer to the Wii U version's release.

Shaymikyu

I guess to get this back to the topic of SSB- have any of you beat Classic 9.0 with Lucina? I really want to beat that challenge, but I usually get tripped up by the sword form.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I'm here to talk about Smash too. I just don't really have much to say about it right now, I guess? I'll probably have more to say closer to the Wii U version's release.
Basically this.
But anyways, if you tell us to stop talking about it I would do so without argument. The main reason I frequent this thread is that I found that I just enjoyed talking with the other regulars to the thread specifically during the period before the off-topic period prior to the game coming out. I suppose we could try to migrate this discussion to another form, but i sorta would suspect that not everyone would do that and I'd basically just be better off not attempting to figure out that headache and just accept I'd have to get resituated in the "micro forum community" in that thread on some other site anyways.

And here I am acting like this is some huge dilemma. First world problems to the max

Edit: also it doesn't help that the only big FE fan site I know of has one of the most unfriendly/insular communities I have ever seen, so I kinda don't want to exactly frequent that place.

The others I can see are really just sub forums that are either a ton of purely gameplay focused discussions or are not all that active. And none of threads that are focused on specific characters .

Again though, if you tell us to stop I will do so without argument. The last thing I'd want is to cause drama or anything and frankly I know full well that what I want/think is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Still, just giving my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I guess to get this back to the topic of SSB- have any of you beat Classic 9.0 with Lucina? I really want to beat that challenge, but I usually get tripped up by the sword form.
I beat 7.5 with Lucina and that's the highest I've gotten in Classic mode with any character so far. I'm too much of a wuss to go beyond level 8 intensity! D:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I beat 7.5 with Lucina and that's the highest I've gotten in Classic mode with any character so far. I'm too much of a wuss to go beyond level 8 intensity! D:
8.5, though technically only 8 do to one game over

Shaymikyu

I tried 9.0 with Dark Pit and Duck Hunt, but ended at 4.5 and 6.5 (respectfully). Now that I have all the Classic trophies, I'm trying to focus specifcally on beating it on 9.0. Aside from those two (I made it to Master Core on 9.0, but then he took me down), Ganondorf is the other I made it all the way to Master Core on 9.0 with. Granted, it was a heavily-customized Ganondorf.

Lucina's my next choice because Counter and she beat Hard All Star for me.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Highest I've gotten is 8.0 with Lucina (started at 9.0, got killed by Master Core twice). Don't really care since I'd rather not spend all my time just learning how to play against CPUs again, and I'm bad enough at anything more crowded than 1v1 no items without all the other crap Classic mode throws in.

Shaymikyu

Oh, forgot- highest I've gone so far is 6.5 with Robin and Duck Hunt (though my score with Robin was better).

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
If I'm not playing FE characters I feel empty inside.

Anyways,
Hm, I feel like at some stage talking about awakening is going to have to be off-topic.
Maybe I'm being too anal but I really am beginning to not being able to personally stand reading the same conversation every day. All I see are people who are still playing awakening or like talking about awakening... I'm sure there's an awakening thread enshrined somewhere near the lighthouse, and there's also countless fire emblem forums too :<

This board is meant to be about Lucina in Smash Bros and fostering a community for her players. All I see happening here is anyone who is seriously playing Lucina getting flooded out by the same headcannon / shipping preference conversation.
Fair point. And I do agree to some level. I wasn't posting as much because I still do not know that much about Awakening so I could not really add much to the conversation. However, correct me if I am wrong, but this thread is a "Social" thread correct? I do not think having some sort of conversation about awakening would be bad here and there. Additionally, for me at least, it has helped me understand the personality of some of the people here and it feels more friendly at the end of the day. I think there should be a balance between both.

What do I know about anyone who actually plays Lucina? Really nothing at all. I talk about Lucina as a character more often with Marth mains then the people who use this forum...
To answer that question:
Hi I am Locuan! Nice to meet you all. I was a part of the competitive smash community in Puerto Rico since 2008 onward. So yea my first game, in terms of competition, was brawl. In that game I mained Meta Knight and Luigi and the highest placing I got was 5th in 2009. During the last two years though I switched to Melee and actually started learning that game competitively. My main since 2001 on Melee was Marth so the transition to Lucina in smash 4 was fluid. I did not place high in any Melee tournaments, but I would play any chance I got. I've practiced against great players, one of them you guys might know. Our community is small, and I was never great, but I made great friends there.

I returned to Smashboards with the release of Smash 4. As you can see I joined in 2005... long time ago. Anyways, the reason for returning was not only the release of Smash 4, but because I moved from my home country to the US. So I really do not know the community to where I moved to and this is a great place to meet other smashers.

In terms of my playstyle, in Melee, I was the aggressive Marth. I would just charge at you no questions asked. Now after the release of Smash 4 I realize that every Smash game is a defensive game. In other words, defense pays off more than offense. This way I can see what my opponent is doing and punish accordingly, etc. So in Smash 4, you will see my Lucina staying still or approaching the opponent very slowly. And it has payed off really well. Both against my friends, and online (15-2 record atm). However, Wario is a difficult matchup for me (I still have not won against a good Wario) because I shield a lot, but I am able to evade grabs pretty well. Wario has his bite though that is kinda like a grab so it always catches me off guard. Yet, its a very fun matchup and I want to learn it as best I can! I have been punishing with Smashes usually, but after playing with some of the people from my old community, I have realized that this is actually quite punishable! Even from far away! So I have been limiting my smash attacks and replacing them with tilts, unless otherwise necessary. The other thing I put a lot of importance into is spacing. Nothing felt more satisfying than a tipper with Marth in Melee and now, in Smash 4, that pays off in an attack helping me stay safe. So if anyone has any questions about a defensive Lucina playstyle feel free to ask! Or, on the other hand, if you have any constructive criticism let me know!

Those are my 2cents. I guess it would be good if everyone here would do something similar to what I have just done :3

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

So quick follow up question, do you, as the resident mod, think that the subject will be made off topic and if so How soon? I am curious so I can plan ahead accordingly.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
If I'm not playing FE characters I feel empty inside.

Anyways,

Fair point. And I do agree to some level. I wasn't posting as much because I still do not know that much about Awakening so I could not really add much to the conversation. However, correct me if I am wrong, but this thread is a "Social" thread correct? I do not think having some sort of conversation about awakening would be bad here and there. Additionally, for me at least, it has helped me understand the personality of some of the people here and it feels more friendly at the end of the day. I think there should be a balance between both.

To answer that question:
Hi I am Locuan! Nice to meet you all. I was a part of the competitive smash community in Puerto Rico since 2008 onward. So yea my first game, in terms of competition, was brawl. In that game I mained Meta Knight and Luigi and the highest placing I got was 5th in 2009. During the last two years though I switched to Melee and actually started learning that game competitively. My main since 2001 on Melee was Marth so the transition to Lucina in smash 4 was fluid. I did not place high in any Melee tournaments, but I would play any chance I got. I've practiced against great players, one of them you guys might know. Our community is small, and I was never great, but I made great friends there.

I returned to Smashboards with the release of Smash 4. As you can see I joined in 2005... long time ago. Anyways, the reason for returning was not only the release of Smash 4, but because I moved from my home country to the US. So I really do not know the community to where I moved to and this is a great place to meet other smashers.

In terms of my playstyle, in Melee, I was the aggressive Marth. I would just charge at you no questions asked. Now after the release of Smash 4 I realize that every Smash game is a defensive game. In other words, defense pays off more than offense. This way I can see what my opponent is doing and punish accordingly, etc. So in Smash 4, you will see my Lucina staying still or approaching the opponent very slowly. And it has payed off really well. Both against my friends, and online (15-2 record atm). However, Wario is a difficult matchup for me (I still have not won against a good Wario) because I shield a lot, but I am able to evade grabs pretty well. Wario has his bite though that is kinda like a grab so it always catches me off guard. Yet, its a very fun matchup and I want to learn it as best I can! I have been punishing with Smashes usually, but after playing with some of the people from my old community, I have realized that this is actually quite punishable! Even from far away! So I have been limiting my smash attacks and replacing them with tilts, unless otherwise necessary. The other thing I put a lot of importance into is spacing. Nothing felt more satisfying than a tipper with Marth in Melee and now, in Smash 4, that pays off in an attack helping me stay safe. So if anyone has any questions about a defensive Lucina playstyle feel free to ask! Or, on the other hand, if you have any constructive criticism let me know!

Those are my 2cents. I guess it would be good if everyone here would do something similar to what I have just done :3
I will do something like that tomarrow, when I am not about to pass out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom