• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Tournament Results

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Thanks! tisk. Characters don't matter too much in dubs if u have teamwork. Our teamwork was dooky in GF. Don't know what happened. I tried to communicate :(. We will conquer next time. We didn't really utilize the anubis strat or healing strat lol.

Man luckay I think u should look into pika man. Yer pika is legit and u could be second best pika in the nation! Create a unique playstyle for pika like I did for lucas and take him to the top!!

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Just because June is a better singles player doesn't mean he has more knowledge about everything. Mekos has some very valid points when he plays doubles. In friendlies, when he teamed with Lie against me and SSR, he would pause the game and point to the exact spot where Lie should be to help him like when he is using pk thunder and made Lie look like an idiot lol.

I just felt like going all Pit for this tourney, but now I realize I need pikachu for some matchups. I also have some interesting ideas for Pikachu in doubles since I played friendlies against you so my pet squirrel will definitely see more action in the future. I aim to catch up to ESAM by time Apex 2012 comes around.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Nice...when u get to that level lets do some mm doubles friendlies together. And I'll train u in dubs on wifi bro. Lets get some awesome team strats down. I have a bunch for pikachu already. But u have to remember that a dubs pika can do more risky things than a singles pika if u have a teamate covering him. For example, I love my pika partners to do alot of downsmashes cuz it has awesome shield pressure. U want get hit after cuz I will followup after and continue the shield pressure.

@Heytallman Lol every single person I have teamed with including June asks me to coach them. Cuz they realize that I have a special skill when it comes to dubs. Lol I get texts and calls cuz people want me to coach em these days. "doubles pro" is what they call me lolol. I like that word! :). I wrote some things in Fow and I's AIB interview but maybe one day I'll write a complete "how to be a good dubs player guide".

From watching vids it is very rare that people play dubs correctly in my opinion. There are many essential things that partners should do for one another in a match. Team shield pressuring is one of them ;)

KoozyK

Smash Ace
U know what. People that have no skill shouldn't play this game. Like if u have to pick marth and gr why play. I literally just got grab released both games and can't play anymore. I'm pissed. Dudes round here have no skill. I actually feel like quitting but I'm not going to. **** marths gr and ***** unity rule set for allowing it to be legal. The dumb ruleset basically makes 3 characters unusable.

:phone:

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Are you at G6 Kris? Man, I should have gone to yell at who's ever Marth GR'd you.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
If people are being gay to win and not playing fairly, then it'll come back to bite them in the rear.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hey it's a philosophy. *shrug* You and your constant nitpickiness.

Anyways, don't give up KK. If you love this game just keep persueing it.

KoozyK

Smash Ace
Are you at G6 Kris? Man, I should have gone to yell at who's ever Marth GR'd you.
shoulda came
1st game we went to BF and i was hypeedddd!!! i knew i was going to do well since i play more marths then i do any other char. nope. 1st stock Gr...Gr....Gr...GR..........death. So u would think dude was actually gonna play normal now that hee has a full stock off me. nope......keeps GR'ing. i pause call the t.o over and im like
" snap, u said u wernt gonna allow gr infin. on lucas during ur tourneys."
"i told everyone id try unity ruleset out, but the infinites banned right?"
Crowd argues " NO all infinites are legal"
game contitues and i contiue to get gr'd
.....if he hadnt banned brinstar ida beat the hell outa him. but offff coursseeeeee. and then i gave up basically.
i toldem it didnt matter where i cp. so i picked random (stil set on BF) and i got gr'd to death 3 times again.
and im wondering where does skill come in GR? its technically not even a move...a tech. but not a move.....
3 chacters are basically pointless to have in the game with unity rules
..........i was salty for a good 4-5 hours after that match
his main wasnt evn marth. i hadnt seen him use marth all day in the friendlies. he mains Pit...
Just pick a pocket MK to deal with pocket marths

Koozy you should try MK.
I will literally take 2 cups of bleach to the head before i do that shiza

Poor KK ;_;

Karma's a ***** just remember that.
didnt happen, he placed....

If people are being gay to win and not playing fairly, then it'll come back to bite them in the rear.
usally buutttttttttt not today...
Of course, that's exactly how it works. :p
...i couldnt tell if u were being sarcastic
Hey it's a philosophy. *shrug* You and your constant nitpickiness.

Anyways, don't give up KK. If you love this game just keep persueing it.
i chuckled.

Don't worry, if Kooz quits, I'm driving out to Greensboro to kill him.
not quiting, but im just finally considering picking u a secondary... idk. i wanna stay all luc tho. he's the only char i have fun with.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Dude, you gotta remember there's nothing in the unity ruleset about telling your opponent that you're gay and starting to molest them during the match.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
Ogre Smash 2 - 5/21/11 (St. Louis, MO)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304015
3rd of 20

1. Averil ($110)
2. Dnyce ($60)
3. FAE ($30)
4. Hylian
5. MetalMusicMan
5. Legan
7. TP
7. Bpow

G1 I beat Steve. G2 I beat Legan's ZSS and Link. G3 I beat MetalMusicMan's Falco/D3 (I got like a 19% Bair spike last game while he was on the ledge on his last stock.) G4 I lost to Ensis last game/hit. G5 I beat Legan's Marth and MK. G6 I beat Hylian's IC (his nana was really ******** yesterday and he tripped a lot vs me.) LF's I got 3-0'ed by Fino. No idea how to play Olimar lol

Btw Tokaio can you change my Lucas color to orange instead of blue?

Chuee

Smash Hero
Ogre Smash 2 - 5/21/11 (St. Louis, MO)
3rd of 20

1. Averil ($110)
2. Dnyce ($60)
3. FAE ($30)
4. Hylian
5. MetalMusicMan
5. Legan
7. TP
7. Bpow

G1 I beat Steve. G2 I beat Legan's ZSS and Link. G3 I beat MetalMusicMan's Falco/D3 (I got like a 19% Bair spike last game while he was on the ledge on his last stock.) G4 I lost to Ensis last game/hit. G5 I beat Legan's Marth and MK. G6 I beat Hylian's IC (his nana was really ******** yesterday and he tripped a lot vs me.) LF's I got 3-0'ed by Fino. No idea how to play Olimar lol
Good stuff. Gratz on finally beating Hylian.
Also, PF played Logic a lot I think he knows the oli MU.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Dang Koozy sorry to hear that. I'm thinking about trying rainbow cruise on good marths. I'll get a lead and then run lolol but seriously I'll do that.

Has anyone tried this? Even though they will probably just switch to MK. lol

KoozyK

Smash Ace
Dang Koozy sorry to hear that. I'm thinking about trying rainbow cruise on good marths. I'll get a lead and then run lolol but seriously I'll do that.

Has anyone tried this? Even though they will probably just switch to MK. lol
i thought rainbow too, but it was a pit main so that might have ended badly..

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
lol i forgot about this thread.
Like last four tourneys I got first place in dubs.

Only good thing for singles is I got second at one local(beat esam in WF :)) and 4th at another one lol.

Top Bottom