• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas, Roy, Ryu (1.0.8) Community Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikamiLovesDeleting

Smash Cadet
I extracted a mewtwo file to compare to. He had a single change to the first hitbox of usmash. *shrug*

Code:
Usmash
    initial hitbox
        angle 95 -> 100
        size 6.2 -> 3.0
        x 0.0 -> -6.0
So what this data means is that the first hitbox of usmash got a huge size nerf but the different angle and negative x parameter means the hitbox is positioned very far towards the left?

I'm hoping this means i can make up for the size nerf by spacing usmash only when opponents are to my left

Luigi player

Smash Master
So what this data means is that the first hitbox of usmash got a huge size nerf but the different angle and negative x parameter means the hitbox is positioned very far towards the left?

I'm hoping this means i can make up for the size nerf by spacing usmash only when opponents are to my left
Pretty sure that x-6 is relative to Mewtwo... I'm assuming the default direction is right, so if that's the case it's a little more near / behind Mewtwo than before. And if you look to the left it would be x+6.

Goesasu

Smash Journeyman

Knew it, the hitbox is smaller and doesnt lift nearby opponent into it like before.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
After reading that Rosalina's multi-hit combo finishing move has been nerfed, I check to see if it was for myself, and here's what I've noticed...

In Smash 3DS, Mario's current damage had to be at 218% before he would be at risk of getting KO'd by the multi-hit combo finishing move. Prior to the update, Mario only needed to have around 192% damage before he'd be at risk of getting KO'd.

In Smash Wii U, Mario's current damage had to be at 203% before he would be at risk of getting KO'd by the multi-hit combo finishing move. Prior to the update, Mario only needed to have around 182% damage before he'd be at risk of getting KO'd.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Falcon wasn't nerfed, he's u-air was re-purposed. And Diddy won more tournaments that mattered than anyone else last patch. It wasn't just ZeRo
Falcon's up-air was nerfed, it might combo slightly better at certain %s, but it combos worse at other %s and in general just kills later. (the knockback was tweaked as well, probably to make it worse at comboing to compensate for the % nerf)

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Going through Lucina's frame data now. So far, all of the changes to Marth apply to Lucina. Below are the changes unique to her, will edit as I find more (and eventually add gifs):

Jab 1: Self Hit-lag reduced by 2 frames, 6 -> 4.

Jab 1: IASA frame moved back by 2 frames. (This is different from Marth's who was moved back 3. This has been noted already but hasn't been put in the OP yet.)

Jab 2: Self Hit-lag reduced by 2 frames, 6 -> 4.

F-tilt: Self Hit-lag increased by 1 frame, 8 -> 9.

Last edited:

Firefoxx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefoxx200
3DS FC
1821-9385-9105
Falcon's up-air was nerfed, it might combo slightly better at certain %s, but it combos worse at other %s and in general just kills later. (the knockback was tweaked as well, probably to make it worse at comboing to compensate for the % nerf)
It actually combos from like 30% up to 100% on most characters now. it only true combo'd into itself at very precise %'s before. I'll take that over a 5th KO option any day

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
Hello and welcome to our bi-monthly ****fest!
Please avoid posting things you cannot confirm with evidence. Placebo be damned.
Please double check to see if something you've posted hasn't already been done so. In the top right corner you are able to search specifically within THIS thread, try the character name and see what others have said (+what's been disconfirmed or otherwise)
REMEMBER that damage decreases or increases nearly linearly affects knock back and hit stun. No need to say "this move kills earlier or later" when we already are aware of damage changes. IF damages aren't changed and knock back is different (e.g. Sonic's back throw last patch) that should be noted.
For the most part, hitbox changes (size or angles) are hard to confirm without data backing and require hard evidence to be noted. Otherwise, hopefully we'll get a data dump some time soon #_#
Please be careful about comparing WiiU to 3DS with different versions, blast zones are different even on shared stages and other visual ques can be different. This means a move will kill at different percent in either version.

IF YOU ARE INSISTENT ON POSTING THINGS THAT ARE DUBIOUS AND DO NOT PRODUCE EVIDENCE YOU WILL BE INFRACTED AND/OR TEMPORARILY ROOM BANNED FROM THIS SECTION
Older thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/406196

Global Changes
  • Grounded to Air [l]edge transition mechanics altered, affecting run offs and other momentum techniques. Notable characters: Captain Falcon, Meta Knight, Zelda (Nayru's Love), Yoshi (Egg Toss)
  • The height at which a defender will land on a platform during a throw's animation overlapping a platform has been increased, reducing the ability for this interaction to happen. Notable on Ganondorf's Flame Choke (can no longer force this on battlefield platforms against any character) or Mewtwo's Confusion.
Table listing is in order of when a character was originally added. Last is changed for when a character is updated. You can sort the table by provided values for your convenience.
Character | Last (PST) | Changes
:4myfriends: Ike | 17th 19:30 |
  • Forward Tilt
    • Start up: 15 → 12 frames
    • Damage reduced: 14% → 12.5%
  • Dash Attack
    • Start up reduced 18 → 15 frames
    • Damage 10%/7%/5% → 14%/11%/9%
  • Neutral Air Landing lag reduced 16 → 13 frames
  • Forward Air
    • Hitboxes follow sword trail (hitting above and below him better)
    • Landing lag reduced 19 → 18 frames
  • Quick Draw (Side-B + customs) Start up reduced 19 → 16 frames
  • Jab
    • First hit transitions into Second hit 3 frames faster
    • Third hit hitboxes follow sword trail (hitting above him)
  • Up Air Landing lag reduced 18 → 15
  • Down Air Landing lag reduced 26 → 23 (? 22)
:4zelda: Zelda | 18th 23:02 |
  • Up Smash
    • Base knockback increased (approx killing 20% earlier)
    • Initial hitbox now has increased size and halved SDI multiplier
  • Neutral Air
    • Damage on front hits 1% → 2%, Damage on back hits 2% → 1%
    • Landing lag reduced 22 > 19 frames
  • Up Air Landing lag reduced 22 > 19 frames
  • Down Air Landing lag reduced 21 > 18 frames
:4greninja: Greninja | - |
  • Forward Tilt
    • Damage altered 6.5% → 7.3%
    • Ending frame reduced (approx 10 frames)
:4miisword: Mii Swordfighter | - |
  • Back Air Damage 12% → 14%
  • Airborne Assault (Side-B) Displacement trajectory altered (lower than before)
:4metaknight: Meta Knight | 17th 19:30 |
  • Forward Tilt
    • Final hit angle altered 65°→ ~40°
    • Ending frame/IASA reduced on each strike from 33/35/38 → 25/27/31 frames (?)
    • Damage on final hit 3% → 4%
  • Neutral Air Landing lag reduced
  • Jab
    • Damage increased 1% → 1.2%
    • Ending frame reduced approximately 12 frames
:4charizard: Charizard | 17th 15:00 |
  • Up Throw Knock back increased significantly (comparable strength to Mewtwo without DI)
  • Down Throw Knock back reduced significantly (combo throw?)
  • Jab
    • Transition from First to Second strike 1 frame faster (now acts as a combo on more/most characters)
    • Jab One increased weight based knockback
:4bowser: Bowser | - |
  • Up Tilt
    • Damage 10% → 9%
    • Start up 12 → 11 frames without animation changes (now hits low to the ground in front)
    • Ending 51 → 41 frames
:4kirby: Kirby | - |
  • Forward Smash Up angled sour spot damage reduced 13% → 12%
:4villagerf: Villager | 15th 16:00 |
  • Balloon Trip (Up-B) Fuel system mechanic (similar to ROB) now recharges noticeably slower, hurting consecutive usages
  • Down Throw Damage 4.5% → 6%
:4ness: Ness | - |
  • PSI Magnet (Down-B) Ending frame reduced (significantly?)
:4falco: Falco | 16th 21:00 |
  • Neutral Air
    • Total damage 12% → 11% (second hit damage 3% → 2%)
    • Hits now auto link
    • Final hit now forces front facing knockback
  • Forward Air
    • Aerial Damage 8% → 9%
    • Landing Damage 5% → 3%
    • Start up reduced (?)
    • Landing lag reduced (?)
  • Up Air
    • Damage 11% → 10%
    • Sour spot removed
    • Start up decreased 10 → 7 frames
  • Down Air Sweet spot trajectory no longer meteors grounded opponents but sends upwards
:4gaw: Mr. Game & Watch | - |
  • Down Tilt Knockback increased
:4lucina::4marth: Lucina / Marth | 18th 22:49 |
  • Jab One
    • Marth Damage reduced 4%/6% → 3%/5%
    • Transition Frames moved to 3 frames earlier (F21)
    • Angle altered from Sakurai Angle, more follow up prone
    • Total Frame Count Increased from 26 → 28
  • Jab 2
    • Total Frame Count increased from 26 → 28
  • Up Tilt
    • Knock back increased
    • Ending frame reduced 42 → 39
    • Body hitbox angle now more vertical
    • Marth moves forward if actions taken at new IASA rather than original animation length
  • Lucina Forward Tilt Damage increased by approx 1% (9.97% → 10.92%)
  • Neutral Air Landing lag reduced 15 → 12 frames
  • Dolphin Slash (Up-B) Knockback increased
  • Lucina Counter activation now plays a quote
:rosalina: Rosalina and Luma | 19th 22:51 |
  • Luma HP 47 → 50
  • Rapid Jab End Knockback Growth Reduced 170 → 150
:4lucario: Lucario | - |
  • Jab 1
    • KBG significantly decreased, now links into jab 2 more reliably
    • Now uses weight based knockback growth on Jab One and Two
:4dk: Donkey Kong | - |
  • Cargo Forward Toss
    • Damage increased 8% → 10%
    • Reduced endlag?
  • Cargo Back Toss
    • Damage increased 8% → 12%
    • Launch angle increased
    • Reduced endlag?
  • Cargo Up Toss Damage increased 7% → 10%
  • Cargo Down Toss
    • Damage increased 6% → 7%
    • Now has a "mini hop" that allows DK to float in place while tossing
    • Endlag reduced?
:4diddy: Diddy Kong | 18th 01:20 |
  • Up Air
    • Start up increased 3 → 4 frames without animation changes (no longer hits below him)
    • Auto cancel altered from 15 → 27 frames
    • Base/Growth 65/99 → 100/89
  • Up Throw Damage reduced 8% → 5%
  • Down Throw Damage increased 6% → 7%
  • Down Tilt Damage reduced 6% → 5.5%
  • Jab Transition between third strike and multihit is now faster
:4falcon: Captain Falcon | 15th 19:00 |
  • Up Air Damage decreased 13% → 11%
:4link: Link | 18th 05:00 |
  • Grab
    • Range increased noticeably
    • Regular grab ending reduced 66 → 61 frames
    • Dash grab ending reduced 77 → 65 frames
    • Pivot grab ending reduced 79 → 66 frames
  • Down Tilt
    • Damage 12% → 11%
    • Start up decreased 13 → 11 frames, ending 31 → 28 frames
  • Down Throw
    • Trajectory altered 110°→ 83°, growth 90 → 85
    • Damage 7% → 6%
  • Up Smash Hitboxes rearranged positions and increased size hence more reliably comboing
:4samus: Samus | 18th 05:00 |
  • Up Smash
    • Knockback / kill power increased
    • 1.06 Hitbox sizes increased to help link better
:4palutena: Palutena | - |
  • Up Tilt Damage on looping hitboxes increased 1% → 1.2%
:4olimar: Olimar | - |
  • Pikmin Mechanics Order no longer reverses from ledge grabs (Bug Fix?)
:4sonic: Sonic | 17th 20:30 |
  • Down Air Ending lag reduced (stage height off stage down airs no longer SD)
  • Up Smash Knockback reduced (approx 10%~ later)
:4robinf: Robin | - |
  • Wind Jab Automatic push back from multiple hits now pushes Robin off of edges
:4peach: Peach | 18th 22:49 |
  • Jab 2 Hitbox sizes increased
:4wario2: Wario | 18th 23:02 |
  • Jab 1 Trajectory modified for both hitboxes, base knockback and knockback growth altered.
  • Jab 2 Hitbox sizes increased, additional hitbox added.

Code:
[U]Blah[/U] | - | [LIST][*][B]Magic[/B] -[/LIST]
So does Zelda's increased base Knockback on her up smash also do more damage to Shields naturally? I don't know how to prove it because I don't know how to upload videos as I do not have a video card for smash brothers to my replace that I saved but last night I was playing against and I and used her up smash that I was able to charge significantly and broke his shield with it. I was shocked because I have been maining Zelda since day 1 and have never done so much shield damage from that attack... But it certainly helps her a lot. Now I wish they soul just reduce her knight respawn time to ) seconds... Or at least allow her to instantly summon it again after she losing a stock. Isn't that how it is for Risalina and Luma anyways?

This might not even need video evidence as it may just be part of the natural game engine physics in which an increased base knockback also naturally increases shield damage...

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So does Zelda's increased base Knockback on her up smash also do more damage to Shields naturally? I don't know how to prove it because I don't know how to upload videos as I do not have a video card for smash brothers to my replace that I saved but last night I was playing against and I and used her up smash that I was able to charge significantly and broke his shield with it. I was shocked because I have been maining Zelda since day 1 and have never done so much shield damage from that attack... But it certainly helps her a lot. Now I wish they soul just reduce her knight respawn time to ) seconds... Or at least allow her to instantly summon it again after she losing a stock. Isn't that how it is for Risalina and Luma anyways?

This might not even need video evidence as it may just be part of the natural game engine physics in which an increased base knockback also naturally increases shield damage...
Actually, (My own dumb mistake.) Zelda's Up Smash only got knockback growth increases, (190 > 214) no base KB increases.

Centicerise

Smash Cadet
NNID
harubanana732
Going through Lucina's frame data now. So far, all of the changes to Marth apply to Lucina. Below are the changes unique to her, will edit as I find more (and eventually add gifs):

Jab 1: Self Hit-lag reduced by 2 frames, 6 -> 4.

Jab 1: IASA frame moved back by 2 frames. (This is different from Marth's who was moved back 3. This has been noted already but hasn't been put in the OP yet.)

Jab 2: Self Hit-lag reduced by 2 frames, 6 -> 4.

F-tilt: Self Hit-lag increased by 1 frame, 8 -> 9.
Do you know what the ramifications of these changes are? If I'm interpreting this correctly Lucina is one frame less safe than marth on jab 1 whiff but can follow up successful jab 1's a frame quicker?

A_Kae

Smash Ace
Do you know what the ramifications of these changes are? If I'm interpreting this correctly Lucina is one frame less safe than marth on jab 1 whiff but can follow up successful jab 1's a frame quicker?
The only frame difference between Marth and Lucina's jab 1 is the transition frame (which frame you can start jab 2 on). For Marth, the transition starts on frame 17, for Lucina, frame 18. There is no difference in safety on whiff; both are 28 frames total.

Last edited:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
In regards to the hit-lag change, that just makes Lucina's jab match Marth's non-tipper jab in terms of block advantage.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Mii Gunner's Absorbing Vortex (Down B 3) had its endlag significantly reduced. Fitting since it's Ness' move.

I think I'm done taking a look at characters. The only things I didn't test are auto cancel windows and IASA frames on aerials. Grabs, throws, normals, specials, and aerial landing lag were what I focused on. Moves with reduced endlag that aren't mentioned in the OP are Link's Fthrow, Diddy's grabs, Samus' grab (unknown if it's just standing or all grabs), Duck Hunt's Nair landing lag, Game & Watch's Bair landing lag, Charizard's Dthrow, Villager's Dthrow, Villager's grab (unknown if it's just standing or all grabs), Mii Swordsman's jab, ftilt, dash attack, Dsmash, and Fair landing lag, and there's some sort of change to Pac Man's Side B that I can't quantify yet.

Last edited:

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
Considering how Sonic has practically no viable KO setups and depends a lot on reads and whatnot, yes, it's a major nerf.

I mean, getting an USmash kill already required some reading because of how slow its startup is and how laggy it is.

The thing is that everyone will cheer whenever Sonic gets hit with the nerf stick, that's just how it is. BS.

Simply stating that the move is "too strong" isn't even good enough to be considered an argument.
*World's smallest violin*

Sincerely,
All low tiers

Upsmash is a pretty insignificant nerf tbh while gaining a safer d-air. I personally find you sounding pretty spoiled. And sonic's frame data is more than completely luxurious. Are these boohoohoo nerfs all of a sudden gonna stop Sonic from appearing in Top 8?

And dude Sonic has the best ground speed and Rank 6 in aerial speed and straight up middle weight with decent recovery and has ridiculous damage output and great punish game and super hard to deal with neutral. There were no trade offs in terms of design. Sonic pretty much had it all except needles and Luma. Sonic never deserved a kill throw and lowering Sonic's kill power even more is undeniably justified. I'm actually more surprised Sonic's KO power wasn't hit harder.

TL;DR Stop embarrassing yourself. You are spoiled. Sonic is a solid top character.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Mii Gunner's Absorbing Vortex (Down B 3) had its endlag significantly reduced. Fitting since it's Ness' move.

I think I'm done taking a look at characters. The only things I didn't test are auto cancel windows and IASA frames on aerials. Grabs, throws, normals, specials, and aerial landing lag were what I focused on. Moves with reduced endlag that aren't mentioned in the OP are Link's Fthrow, Samus' grab (unknown if it's just standing or all grabs), Duck Hunt's Nair landing lag, Game & Watch's Bair landing lag, Charizard's Dthrow, Villager's Dthrow, Villager's grab (unknown if it's just standing or all grabs), Mii Swordsman's jab, ftilt, dash attack, Dsmash, and Fair landing lag, and there's some sort of change to Pac Man's Side B that I can't quantify yet.
Oh, this is a nifty and significant change! I really wish it was faster AC though... just one frame would let it SH AC!

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Once the OP is updated, you guys should color code it with green being buffs and red being nerfs.

Either way, great job on compiling these patch notes so quickly, especially compared to 1.0.6. Glad to see so many characters who needed buffs getting them. Just hope Sheik and Rosalina get hit with the bat next time around.

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Oh, this is a nifty and significant change! I really wish it was faster AC though... just one frame would let it SH AC!
Duck hunt's Nair is a move I've always enjoyed on the character, but it was held back by that landing lag. Hopefully this makes the move a bit safer to throw out. Being punished on hitting a character with the late hit (as opposed to on block) is not fun for any character's Nair.

But in order to make Duck Hunt a better character, I think what he needs the most is a solid kill confirm. He's got throw combos at low percent, projectiles and zoning only really rivaled by Villager (the "I want to play somebody like Duck Hunt but also not spend weeks learning him" character), but nothing to secure stocks at reasonable percent. His Smash attacks require very hard reads, and this is coming from a Bowser main. Bair and Fair just don't have the necessary knockback. He can score kills through edgeguarding and Dair meteor, but it's all extremely imprecise.

Villager got buffs to grabs and throws to cover his greatest weakness of having a poor grab game. I wish they hit Duck Hunt's greatest weakness as well.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Moves with reduced endlag that aren't mentioned in the OP are Link's Fthrow, Samus' grab (unknown if it's just standing or all grabs) .
I trust you Zapp, but I'm having a really hard time seeing an 8 frame IASA reduction on Samus' pivot/dash grab compared to my 3DS. That would be almost 10% faster, I just can't see it. I've almost convinced myself there is a 3 frame reduction on standing.

Last edited:

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
Is Falco's Side-B's spike effect stronger now? I've died at 70% from it, when pre-patch I wouldn't die at 100%+, maybe I'm just imagining things.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Invincible Upsmash that kills at 90 on the fastest character got nerfed to 105% *sheds tear* horrible.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I trust you Zapp, but I'm having a really hard time seeing an 8 frame IASA reduction on Samus' pivot/dash grab compared to my 3DS. That would be almost 10% faster, I just can't see it. I've almost convinced myself there is a 3 frame reduction on standing.
It's not as much as 8 frames. I do my testing with screens side by side on 1/4x Speed. Only then can our eyes make the distinction 100% clear with move that only have a 1-3 frame lag reduction. And I believe Samus falls under that category.

For all the changes, I'll see what I can do about more video evidence. If anybody likes making comparisons between pre and post patch, I'd be happy to record footage of the moves on my pre-patch Wii U. Otherwise I'll be doing the same video camera pointed at both screens method I did here.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Once the OP is updated, you guys should color code it with green being buffs and red being nerfs.
The problem is, what constitutes a buff and a nerf is subjective.

Like, anyone who thinks Falco was nerfed overall should get their head inspected, but the fact is his buffed moves do less damage.

Meanwhile, many of the jab reliability changes are almost certainly objectively better, but numerically that's not something you can take for granted.

Is Falco's Side-B's spike effect stronger now? I've died at 70% from it, when pre-patch I wouldn't die at 100%+, maybe I'm just imagining things.
I double checked this, and saw no change. Actually, I might triple check.

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
Why even complain in this thread? No one here can change anything.

Two questions:
1) Did Mewtwo's Nair really get a recovery buff?
2) What the heck does the Mewtwo Usmash change mean? What does "-x" mean?
1) Yes, and it is noticeable, so that's good at least.
2) From what I gather, the initial hitbox is smaller (half the size?) and closer to Mewtwo. Because obviously our hitboxes are just too strong.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Like, anyone who thinks Falco was nerfed overall should get their head inspected, but the fact is his buffed moves do less damage.
Or that dude that came in here throwing a hissy fit 'cause Link's Dthrow and Dtilt were nerfed one damage, when both moves are actually 100% better thanks to their other, non-damage related updates.

Yeah, i'm not in favor of color coding these changes for people. We've spent enough work documenting changes, we don't need to spell out what they mean for the people that play those characters - they play those characters!

Firefoxx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefoxx200
3DS FC
1821-9385-9105
Can you just put Falcon's up-air change in super deep green and label it MASSIVE BUFF. That would make my day.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I had a small typo; Falcon's down-angled f-smash kbg was changed from 84 to 83, not 85.

The other two angles did indeed increase by one.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Is the change to the first hit of u-smash for Mewtwo anything major? I played around with him last night and didn't notice many differences. Not sure if I understand it.

N-air's buff is very appreciated though. Hopefully the next patch adds some more buffs to him.

Firefoxx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefoxx200
3DS FC
1821-9385-9105
I had a small typo; Falcon's down-angled f-smash kbg was changed from 84 to 83, not 85.

The other two angles did indeed increase by one.
Oh, I must have had the wrong number written down for its KO percent last patch.

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
Is the change to the first hit of u-smash for Mewtwo anything major? I played around with him last night and didn't notice many differences. Not sure if I understand it.

N-air's buff is very appreciated though. Hopefully the next patch adds some more buffs to him.
The hitbox was already pretty small.

My biggest worry with it is that it will increase the chance of bouncing out after the first hit. (More because of the shift in the hitbox than the size.)

Last edited:

Teh Sandwich

Smash Apprentice
It seems like reflected projectiles travel much slower.?
I don't know if this is right. I don't have time to test either. I was just playing a few matches as mewtwo. I remember when people would reflect shadow ball, it would come back really fast.
I was playing a Mario, and when he caped a full charge shadow ball, it came at me much slower than I remember. So it was super easy to reflect back again.

Lolofora

Smash Rookie
If it has not been mentioned. I believe when I do my aerials with the c-stick, and it is set to smash, my aerial momentum is no longer modified.

A_Kae

Smash Ace
It seems like reflected projectiles travel much slower.?
I don't know if this is right. I don't have time to test either. I was just playing a few matches as mewtwo. I remember when people would reflect shadow ball, it would come back really fast.
I was playing a Mario, and when he caped a full charge shadow ball, it came at me much slower than I remember. So it was super easy to reflect back again.
Projectiles should move faster when reflected, and I don't think anyone else has noticed this. Is it possible that there was a lot of lag when this happened?

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Went through Greninja's frame data:

As noted, his f-tilt total frames were reduced. The exact frames is 9; 41 -> 32.

That's the only frame change I found. I'll put a gif together shortly.

Last edited:

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
https://youtu.be/YpvvkOf1h9A

http://smashboards.com/threads/gordo-hitboxes.406386/

So from testing to figure out how Gordo hit boxes work, we figured out that It's based on the remaining lifespan of the gordo which is dictated by distance traveled and bounces individually.

I don't have a side by side comparison between patches, but in the thread for the 1.0.4 patch which had the most recent noted changes to D3 states that there are 4 hit boxes 14% 12.5% 11% and 9%

Though in this video I've taken here in training mode the 9% hit box is doing 10% on occasion, and shows up in the training damage info as 9. Unless I'm completely oblivious to some obvious mechanic that is accounted for in training mode, I'd say this is a .5% buff to the 9% hit box on the Gordo.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
Hello and welcome to our bi-monthly ****fest!
Please avoid posting things you cannot confirm with evidence. Placebo be damned.
Please double check to see if something you've posted hasn't already been done so. In the top right corner you are able to search specifically within THIS thread, try the character name and see what others have said (+what's been disconfirmed or otherwise)
REMEMBER that damage decreases or increases nearly linearly affects knock back and hit stun. No need to say "this move kills earlier or later" when we already are aware of damage changes. IF damages aren't changed and knock back is different (e.g. Sonic's back throw last patch) that should be noted.
For the most part, hitbox changes (size or angles) are hard to confirm without data backing and require hard evidence to be noted. Otherwise, hopefully we'll get a data dump some time soon #_#
Please be careful about comparing WiiU to 3DS with different versions, blast zones are different even on shared stages and other visual ques can be different. This means a move will kill at different percent in either version.

IF YOU ARE INSISTENT ON POSTING THINGS THAT ARE DUBIOUS AND DO NOT PRODUCE EVIDENCE YOU WILL BE INFRACTED AND/OR TEMPORARILY ROOM BANNED FROM THIS SECTION
Older thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/406196

Global Changes
  • Grounded to Air [l]edge transition mechanics altered, affecting run offs and other momentum techniques. Notable characters: Captain Falcon, Meta Knight, Zelda (Nayru's Love), Yoshi (Egg Toss)
  • The height at which a defender will land on a platform during a throw's animation overlapping a platform has been increased, reducing the ability for this interaction to happen. Notable on Ganondorf's Flame Choke (can no longer force this on battlefield platforms against any character) or Mewtwo's Confusion.
Table listing is in order of when a character was originally added. Last is changed for when a character is updated. You can sort the table by provided values for your convenience.
Character | Last (PST) | Changes
:4myfriends: Ike | 17th 19:30 |
  • Forward Tilt
    • Start up: 15 → 12 frames
    • Damage reduced: 14% → 12.5%
  • Dash Attack
    • Start up reduced 18 → 15 frames
    • Damage 10%/7%/5% → 14%/11%/9%
  • Neutral Air Landing lag reduced 16 → 13 frames
  • Forward Air
    • Hitboxes follow sword trail (hitting above and below him better)
    • Landing lag reduced 19 → 18 frames
  • Quick Draw (Side-B + customs) Start up reduced 19 → 16 frames
  • Jab
    • First hit transitions into Second hit 3 frames faster
    • Third hit hitboxes follow sword trail (hitting above him)
  • Up Air Landing lag reduced 18 → 15
  • Down Air Landing lag reduced 26 → 23 (? 22)
:4zelda: Zelda | 18th 23:02 |
  • Up Smash
    • Base knockback increased (approx killing 20% earlier)
    • Initial hitbox now has increased size and halved SDI multiplier
  • Neutral Air
    • Damage on front hits 1% → 2%, Damage on back hits 2% → 1%
    • Landing lag reduced 22 > 19 frames
  • Up Air Landing lag reduced 22 > 19 frames
  • Down Air Landing lag reduced 21 > 18 frames
:4greninja: Greninja | - |
  • Forward Tilt
    • Damage altered 6.5% → 7.3%
    • Ending frame reduced (approx 10 frames)
:4miisword: Mii Swordfighter | - |
  • Back Air Damage 12% → 14%
  • Airborne Assault (Side-B) Displacement trajectory altered (lower than before)
:4metaknight: Meta Knight | 17th 19:30 |
  • Forward Tilt
    • Final hit angle altered 65°→ ~40°
    • Ending frame/IASA reduced on each strike from 33/35/38 → 25/27/31 frames (?)
    • Damage on final hit 3% → 4%
  • Neutral Air Landing lag reduced
  • Jab
    • Damage increased 1% → 1.2%
    • Ending frame reduced approximately 12 frames
:4charizard: Charizard | 17th 15:00 |
  • Up Throw Knock back increased significantly (comparable strength to Mewtwo without DI)
  • Down Throw Knock back reduced significantly (combo throw?)
  • Jab
    • Transition from First to Second strike 1 frame faster (now acts as a combo on more/most characters)
    • Jab One increased weight based knockback
:4bowser: Bowser | - |
  • Up Tilt
    • Damage 10% → 9%
    • Start up 12 → 11 frames without animation changes (now hits low to the ground in front)
    • Ending 51 → 41 frames
:4kirby: Kirby | - |
  • Forward Smash Up angled sour spot damage reduced 13% → 12%
:4villagerf: Villager | 15th 16:00 |
  • Balloon Trip (Up-B) Fuel system mechanic (similar to ROB) now recharges noticeably slower, hurting consecutive usages
  • Down Throw Damage 4.5% → 6%
:4ness: Ness | - |
  • PSI Magnet (Down-B) Ending frame reduced (significantly?)
:4falco: Falco | 16th 21:00 |
  • Neutral Air
    • Total damage 12% → 11% (second hit damage 3% → 2%)
    • Hits now auto link
    • Final hit now forces front facing knockback
  • Forward Air
    • Aerial Damage 8% → 9%
    • Landing Damage 5% → 3%
    • Start up reduced (?)
    • Landing lag reduced (?)
  • Up Air
    • Damage 11% → 10%
    • Sour spot removed
    • Start up decreased 10 → 7 frames
  • Down Air Sweet spot trajectory no longer meteors grounded opponents but sends upwards
:4gaw: Mr. Game & Watch | - |
  • Down Tilt Knockback increased
:4lucina::4marth: Lucina / Marth | 18th 22:49 |
  • Jab One
    • Marth Damage reduced 4%/6% → 3%/5%
    • Transition Frames moved to 3 frames earlier (F21)
    • Angle altered from Sakurai Angle, more follow up prone
    • Total Frame Count Increased from 26 → 28
  • Jab 2
    • Total Frame Count increased from 26 → 28
  • Up Tilt
    • Knock back increased
    • Ending frame reduced 42 → 39
    • Body hitbox angle now more vertical
    • Marth moves forward if actions taken at new IASA rather than original animation length
  • Lucina Forward Tilt Damage increased by approx 1% (9.97% → 10.92%)
  • Neutral Air Landing lag reduced 15 → 12 frames
  • Dolphin Slash (Up-B) Knockback increased
  • Lucina Counter activation now plays a quote
:rosalina: Rosalina and Luma | 19th 22:51 |
  • Luma HP 47 → 50
  • Rapid Jab End Knockback Growth Reduced 170 → 150
:4lucario: Lucario | - |
  • Jab 1
    • KBG significantly decreased, now links into jab 2 more reliably
    • Now uses weight based knockback growth on Jab One and Two
:4dk: Donkey Kong | - |
  • Cargo Forward Toss
    • Damage increased 8% → 10%
    • Reduced endlag?
  • Cargo Back Toss
    • Damage increased 8% → 12%
    • Launch angle increased
    • Reduced endlag?
  • Cargo Up Toss Damage increased 7% → 10%
  • Cargo Down Toss
    • Damage increased 6% → 7%
    • Now has a "mini hop" that allows DK to float in place while tossing
    • Endlag reduced?
:4diddy: Diddy Kong | 18th 01:20 |
  • Up Air
    • Start up increased 3 → 4 frames without animation changes (no longer hits below him)
    • Auto cancel altered from 15 → 27 frames
    • Base/Growth 65/99 → 100/89
  • Up Throw Damage reduced 8% → 5%
  • Down Throw Damage increased 6% → 7%
  • Down Tilt Damage reduced 6% → 5.5%
  • Jab Transition between third strike and multihit is now faster
:4falcon: Captain Falcon | 15th 19:00 |
  • Up Air Damage decreased 13% → 11%
:4link: Link | 18th 05:00 |
  • Grab
    • Range increased noticeably
    • Regular grab ending reduced 66 → 61 frames
    • Dash grab ending reduced 77 → 65 frames
    • Pivot grab ending reduced 79 → 66 frames
  • Down Tilt
    • Damage 12% → 11%
    • Start up decreased 13 → 11 frames, ending 31 → 28 frames
  • Down Throw
    • Trajectory altered 110°→ 83°, growth 90 → 85
    • Damage 7% → 6%
  • Up Smash Hitboxes rearranged positions and increased size hence more reliably comboing
:4samus: Samus | 18th 05:00 |
  • Up Smash
    • Knockback / kill power increased
    • 1.06 Hitbox sizes increased to help link better
:4palutena: Palutena | - |
  • Up Tilt Damage on looping hitboxes increased 1% → 1.2%
:4olimar: Olimar | - |
  • Pikmin Mechanics Order no longer reverses from ledge grabs (Bug Fix?)
:4sonic: Sonic | 17th 20:30 |
  • Down Air Ending lag reduced (stage height off stage down airs no longer SD)
  • Up Smash Knockback reduced (approx 10%~ later)
:4robinf: Robin | - |
  • Wind Jab Automatic push back from multiple hits now pushes Robin off of edges
:4peach: Peach | 18th 22:49 |
  • Jab 2 Hitbox sizes increased
:4wario2: Wario | 18th 23:02 |
  • Jab 1 Trajectory modified for both hitboxes, base knockback and knockback growth altered.
  • Jab 2 Hitbox sizes increased, additional hitbox added.

Code:
[U]Blah[/U] | - | [LIST][*][B]Magic[/B] -[/LIST]

Actually, (My own dumb mistake.) Zelda's Up Smash only got knockback growth increases, (190 > 214) no base KB increases.
Well I must admit I am not fully aware of the differences between base and growth. I'm guessing KBG grows exponentially contingent upon enemy's damage in comparison to BKB which may be the minimal knockback the attack will do?

Either way, I have been maining Zelda since day one and even on 0% enemies her up smash sends them higher which has made com boing with it better, it absolutely kills way earlier (FINALLY), hitbox seems slightly larger, and I feel confident to say it does more shield damage now... I broke an Ike's shield with an up smash after one perfect lightning kick... It felt GRReat!!! Though was certainly different.

If someone adds me as a friend maybe I can send them the replay and then they could upload it for me or verify it? Anyone interested?

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
https://youtu.be/YpvvkOf1h9A

http://smashboards.com/threads/gordo-hitboxes.406386/

So from testing to figure out how Gordo hit boxes work, we figured out that It's based on the remaining lifespan of the gordo which is dictated by distance traveled and bounces individually.

I don't have a side by side comparison between patches, but in the thread for the 1.0.4 patch which had the most recent noted changes to D3 states that there are 4 hit boxes 14% 12.5% 11% and 9%

Though in this video I've taken here in training mode the 9% hit box is doing 10% on occasion, and shows up in the training damage info as 9. Unless I'm completely oblivious to some obvious mechanic that is accounted for in training mode, I'd say this is a .5% buff to the 9% hit box on the Gordo.

Thoughts?
This seems to happen with any move that has a certain percentage to it. Like 6.4% for example. It will always have the lower percent (6) when both characters are at 0%.

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Yeah. The damage meter rounds down the percentage of the target before displaying it, so the decimal part of the amount of sustained damage won't be displayed.

Last edited:

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
If it has not been mentioned. I believe when I do my aerials with the c-stick, and it is set to smash, my aerial momentum is no longer modified.
I went back to test it myself after somebody else mentioned it earlier in thread and that isn't really the case. Smash c-stick still alters aerial momentum by a small amount, even if you just flick it (though less-so than when held). Tilt c-stick doesn't alter aerial momentum at all though.

I forgot exactly which page I mentioned it on, but basically, I tested it by jumping from the top platform on big Battlefield and falling in between the two rightmost platforms on the level with Dedede. When using the smash stick for aerials, Dedede would land on the edge of the closer of the two platforms rather than fall in the middle. With the tilt stick, he would still go in the middle. And I tested multiple times and set myself up the same way every time to account for player error.

Sometimes the tilt stick still seemed to affect momentum (and dramatically at that), but I'm not sure what the exact cause of it was. I think it may have had something to do with how early I inputted it in my jump?

EDIT: All that having been said, I would be glad for someone to go and confirm/disconfirm what I've said here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom