• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas is in the Brawl! - General Discussion

Shuma

Smash Hero
Shut up Pyras, Luke has the high ground, and he is not understimating your powers.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
................what the hell are you talking about? That weird SW3 reference aside, what does it have to do with you in the first place??

Shuma

Smash Hero
Because you're making yourself look like an idiot. Remember, internet argument=bad. Besides... Magical pouch? uh hu.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Lucas is in!!!!!! Now if they can just get Lip in Brawl that will be sweet!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Lucas is fine, I never used Ness so I won't miss him. If Lucas has a better B ^ than Ness than I will be happy for his inclusion, otherwise I'm neutral.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
OMFG I cant belive it, I know evveryone wanted him but I didnt think he would make it in. So far we dony know anything, BUT I bet he will end up as a ness clone

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Well, nice to have a thread you made explode like this. Funny that no one had thought to make a Lucas thread before...and I wasn't even a fan. :p

I'd say Ness's chances are still high though, given by the fact that Sakurai mentioned him by name.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Notice how Sakurai MENTIONS Ness. Perhaps they can both be in Brawl?
I don't know the whole "Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!" concerns me. It's possible that Ness MIGHT be replaced by Lucas and Duster, Kumatora, or Claus (I hope not for this one). However, if that's the case, it'd be great if Ness lived on as an alt. along with Ninten.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
No it isn't.

What does that prove? The 1st gen Pokemon games are the most popular Pokemon games. That doesn't mean that there can't be any playable characters from any of the newer Pokemon games too.
biggest lol ever! the 1st gen pokemon game are not the most popular anymore no one play them since the GBA

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
HAY GUYS, JUST COMING OFF DA AND GAMEFAQS BRIEFLY TO SAY THAT LUCAS IS GONNA BE MY NEW MAIN WHETHER OR NOT NESS IS IN OR NOT. KTHANKSBYE.

(Unless he turns out to suck or Ness is in and is superior...)

Talendime

Smash Ace
Are you guys trippin' balls owe whaaaat?

Does this mean Ness is also for sure returning?

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
Great! Ness is REPLACED!!! YAY don't know how happy i am,not as happy when Diddy Kong got in

Sinn

Smash Lord
I don't know the whole "Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!" concerns me. It's possible that Ness MIGHT be replaced by Lucas and Duster, Kumatora, or Claus (I hope not for this one). However, if that's the case, it'd be great if Ness lived on as an alt. along with Ninten.
The word "surpass" doesn't lead me to think "replace" for some reason. Surpassing generally implies that whatever you're surpassing is still there and that you're now ahead of/better than it. I personally think the ONLY reason people think that this deconfirms Ness is because of the whole "plan" to replace him in Melee. I more or less stopped using Ness after Melee came out, so this doesn't bother me too much if they did give him the boot...but if it's revealed soon that Lucas's moveset isn't all that close looking to Ness's, I'm going to assume that they didn't take Ness out.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
MASKED MAN FOR BRAWL! (Quit spoiling his identity, you heartless jerks :()

GOD I'M SO FREAKING AMAZING SUPER AWESOME NUTTY CRUNCH SOUR OMEGA ULTIMATE ULTRA COOL JOY happy that lucas is in, I bought MOTHER3 when it came out back in '06 (on the GBA :O) :D

ZachSoup

BRoomer
BRoomer
The word "surpass" doesn't lead me to think "replace" for some reason. Surpassing generally implies that whatever you're surpassing is still there and that you're now ahead of/better than it. .
I dunno, what about the phrase "Perhaps the boy will surpass his father?" Maybe this hypothetical father was a professional Canadian curling champion, and this hypothetical son followed in his footsteps to become a similar yet distinctly different player then his father. Most likely this hypothetical father has retired from hypothetical old age, and his son in all his glory is carrying on the hypothetical family tradition. Taking this very brief metaphory thingy I got going here into account, wouldn't it be hypothetically indicative of a similar situation we are witnessing in smash?

BUUUUUT I don't see why Ness can't be included, I mean they already have a working model of him, and I can imagine that maybe the designers had a little time on their hands to make ol'whathisface lucas different. I know they ONLY had six years to work on this game, but hell, it doesn’t hurt to have a bit of faith. It’s like roman wrestling, guys- the more the merrier!

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
This topic's new title phailz to comparison of Diddy's new title (He's in so suck it. lol)

Does anyone think Lucas will speak only Japanese though?

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
It's hilarious to see Ness supports wallow in their pain and still have hope for him even though Lucas is probably going to replace him. A hilarious sight to see indeed, when people try to make logical reasons against the unavoidable.

mike_mr25

Smash Cadet
Too bad, I wanted Ness, don't really know Lucas since I haven't played Mother 3 but Ness was one of my favorites in melee and I loved Earthbound for the snes, don't know if this deconfirmes Ness or not but it certanly feels like it does.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I don't see why one would be upset about this update...

Lucas will probably replace Ness indeed. They are very similar. They both represent the same ( kick-*** ) franchise.
I mean, if you like Ness for the way he plays, Lucas will probably pick up on that. That's the sparkly fair in the screenshot.
And if you like Earthbound, here's your new representative.

And if you don't like what he looks like, look at the bottom right screenshot. That's punk, man!

The one reason to be disappointed if Ness doesn't that I understand is Aeris'. He doesn't want Ness to leave like the underpowered kid he is in Melee. But I think Lucas is worthy of carrying on the legacy. Maybe even with Ness' old Yo-Yo!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What weapons does Lucas equip because I think Lucas is going to work a lot differently then the Ness that we are use to

Fawriel

Smash Master
http://starmen.net/mother3/characters/

"His weapon of choice is a trusty slice of timber, but he'll try out a yo-yo or baseball bat if given the opportunity. Through the help of the Magypsies, Lucas learns PSI skills to aid his team during battle. His signature ability is PK LOVE."

Doesn't seem very different.
And before you ask, I'm pretty sure "PK LOVE" is exactly like Ness' "PK ROCKIN'".

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i lol'd so hard.

A little off topic,
Ness is from the original smash as well as melee. If he doesn't return in Brawl, does that mean it could be the end for Jiggs?
She's not that popular anymore, theres already so many chars with the ability to "fly", the only reason people argue that she will return is because she's from the original. : /

Some food for thought.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Too bad, I wanted Ness, don't really know Lucas since I haven't played Mother 3 but Ness was one of my favorites in melee and I loved Earthbound for the snes, don't know if this deconfirmes Ness or not but it certanly feels like it does.
Since when YOU did not know a character mean he had no chance at all? Lucas was most likely going to be in, and replace Ness.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Since when YOU did not know a character mean he had no chance at all? Lucas was most likely going to be in, and replace Ness.
... Can you read? When did he say in that post that he thought Lucas had no chance at all? All he said was that Ness was one of his favourites.

Sinn

Smash Lord
All I can say is that if they don't re-release a "MOTHER: Trilogy Edition" internationally, whoever is in charge of the decision should be shot.

Top Bottom