• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas is in the Brawl! - General Discussion

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I really hope Ness does return along with Lucas. The mentioning of Ness in the update seems more like a nod to him being in the past SSB games >_>.

Still, I love having Lucas in, but I would hate it if he replaced Ness. If that happened, I would have to accept it and move on. Lucas showing up may also raise the chances of Earthbound on VC and hopefully Nintendo of America considering localizing Mother 3.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Hopefully tomorrow's update is Lucas' special moves, so we can find out once and for all.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
The only reason everyone thinks Ness is gone is because some Earthbound fansite claimed to have an inside source that told them that Lucas would replace Ness. Now they think that this update proves that they were telling the truth. This update doesn't prove anything, except that Lucas is in the game.
That's a bold face lie, sure some people thought that because of the Earthbound fanste claimed to have an inside source that told them but really look at the facts. MOTHER3 is the most popular MOTHER GAME. Lucas made an apperance on the poll did he not? Ness's chances were not very good; with Lucas around. I will be very surprised if Ness does get a character slot ( I'm expecting him to be an alt costume).

It doesn't take a genius to figure that out :psycho: let alone a fansite.

-Knight

LuLLo

Smash Ace
They can be in both, like Doc Chronic said, Lucas may be challenging Ness, that's what Smash Bros is all about right? Beat up rivals like never before and even beat up friends and family.
Of course, in the Lucas/Ness case it's different...
Ness is verrrrrry pissed of...
He and Lucas shall go forth into a PSI battle which will make their organs explode and toes grow into their noses...And eventually Ness wins, cuz he got the baseball bat...
No, all rubbish ofcourse ;)...
But Ness is in, Lucas looks cool and I hope he as a whole different, yet unique moveset from Ness.

uzeq

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheAbir
seriously why do you think this wtf

You can have BOTH NESS AND LUCAS in the game!!!

The disc won't explode if Sakurai decides to put them both in the game!

Agreed. Its not like ssbm didn't have carbon copies or anything... Roy + Marth, Mario + Dr. Mario, Captain Falcon + Ganondorf, Fox + Falco, Link + Young Link, Pikachu + Pichu... you get the point.

Who's to say they can't make another set of uninspired carbon copies?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Didn't Sakurai himself that he wanted to stray away from clone characters in Brawl? Ness and Lucas are carbon copies of each other. The only way they could have vastly different movesets from each other is by stealing them from other Party members ( I SWEAR IF NESS WAS IN THE GAME AND HE USED STARSTORM I think I'd have to punch Sakurai in the face :mad:)

I don't see why Ness/Ninten can't be alt costumes of Lucas it's really not that big of a deal.

-Knight

ReXXXSoprano

Smash Cadet
seriously why do you think this wtf

You can have BOTH NESS AND LUCAS in the game!!!

The disc won't explode if Sakurai decides to put them both in the game!
Legally I have to accept Lucas. It's in my contract. And of course I know Ness is still there. Wouldn't be Smash without him. And as far as Ness v. Lucas. Ness wins because he is gangsta and because Jeff will build him an unstoppable bat and he will smack Lucas 3 worlds away and we can forget him. But like I said before as a fan I'm deeply glad Lucas is around because Mother 3 will get the shine it truly deserves.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
The only way they could have vastly different movesets from each other is by stealing them from other Party members ( I SWEAR IF NESS WAS IN THE GAME AND HE USED STARSTORM I think I'd have to punch Sakurai in the face :mad:)
Sakurai's allready given a Mother characters moves he didn't learn in the game, what's the problem if he does it again?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Sakurai's allready given a Mother characters moves he didn't learn in the game, what's the problem if he does it again?
Those were only a few different moves. If Ness was in this game his moveset would have to be entirely derived from his party members movesets (He is a carbon copy of Lucas). I mean do you want to see Pichu in the game with a new moveset that had to be forced out of someone's ass?

-Knight

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Those were only a few different moves. If Ness was in this game his moveset would have to be entirely derived from his party members movesets (He is a carbon copy of Lucas). I mean do you want to see Pichu in the game with a new moveset that had to be forced out of someone's ass?

-Knight
Lucas is not going to use every single PSI attack he learns in the game. Ness uses some of them and Lucas uses some other ones. They could use items they get in their games, it wouldn't be that hard to give them original moveset's. There's also nothing's stoping them being Luigified.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

-Knight
Pichu could learn egg moves, therefore Pichu can't really steal moves >_>. And what would be wrong with giving variants of the same attacks? There are different effects with the different PK Fires in the Mother series, so I don't see what's wrong with having the same moves act differently. There's also the fact that they could change Ness into a more defensive player with Psi Shield and some other attacks. Sakurai is a creative man. He has the potential to come up with ways to make them different.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Lucas is not going to use every single PSI attack he learns in the game. Ness uses some of them and Lucas uses some other ones. They could use items they get in their games, it wouldn't be that hard to give them original moveset's. There's also nothing's stoping them being Luigified.
Perhaps, however as of right now it looks like Lucas has replaced Ness.

-Knight

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Andrew14j
You should check your sources. On the Japanese Nintendo/Melee site Sakurai said that if Mother 3 had come out before Melee Lucas would have replaced Ness.
Yeah, I heard that already. Like 10 billion times. But I didn't actually see it myself, have you? Just like how everyone says Sakurai said that there wouldn't be any clones in Brawl, but not one person can provide a source to where he said that.

I never once heard anybody say anything about Lucas almost getting in Melee until after the Melee site was taken down. I heard about Balloon Fighter almost getting in Melee, but not Lucas. It seems this rumor of Lucas almost replacing Ness in Melee didn't start going around until after Brawl was announced, because that's what Lucas supporters started using as an argument for Lucas being in Brawl. If Lucas was originally going to be in Melee, wouldn't he have at least been a trophy?

Kirby knight
That's a bold face lie
No it isn't.

Kirby knight
MOTHER3 is the most popular MOTHER GAME.
What does that prove? The 1st gen Pokemon games are the most popular Pokemon games. That doesn't mean that there can't be any playable characters from any of the newer Pokemon games too.

Kirby knight
Lucas made an apperance on the poll did he not?
I don't know, I looked at that stupid poll once and practically gouged my eyes out. That poll was ridiculous. Half the character choices on that stupid poll were border line ********. If I thought for one second that that poll dictated who should or shouldn't be in the, I'd be worried.

Kirby knight
It doesn't take a genius to figure that out let alone a fansite.
What is that supposed to mean? That anyone who thinks it's possible for Ness to return is stupid? I think that anyone who already thinks Ness can't return is stupid. This is no different then when people thought that Rumble Falls disconfirmed Ice Climbers, because it was similar to their stage in Melee. If Krystal is shown tomorrow, you'll have 100 people claiming Falco is out. People are stupid. Why not wait and see if he returns or not, instead of jumping to conclusions and making yourself look foolish if you're wrong?

Kirby knight
Didn't Sakurai himself that he wanted to stray away from clone characters in Brawl?
No, for the 10,000th time. Stop believing what you hear from people who are as gullible as you are.

Perhaps, however as of right now it looks like Lucas has replaced Ness.
No, as of right now it looks like Lucas is in the game. That has nothing to do with Ness. Ness may or may not return. You don't know. Believe me, if I were you, the last thing I'd go by would be my intuition.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Well...

Considering that Ness has a backpack with yo-yo and bat and Lucas does not..

Maybe they'll be different enough to have both in. Like Mario and Luigi.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Considering that Ness has a backpack with yo-yo and bat and Lucas does not..
Uhh... Yeah he does. In the game, yes, he can wield a baseball bat and yo-yo. Even gets Ness' yo-yo that's called "Friend's Yo-yo" (or, at least, it's obvious it is, but it isn't said).

Nightlea

Smash Cadet
Well, congratulations fellow Lucas fans. (There doesn't seem to be a lot, though. So much Lucas hate and Ness fanboyism going on... >_>)

Yeah, I heard that already. Like 10 billion times. But I didn't actually see it myself, have you? Just like how everyone says Sakurai said that there wouldn't be any clones in Brawl, but not one person can provide a source to where he said that.

I never once heard anybody say anything about Lucas almost getting in Melee until after the Melee site was taken down. I heard about Balloon Fighter almost getting in Melee, but not Lucas. It seems this rumor of Lucas almost replacing Ness in Melee didn't start going around until after Brawl was announced, because that's what Lucas supporters started using as an argument for Lucas being in Brawl. If Lucas was originally going to be in Melee, wouldn't he have at least been a trophy?

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/0717/index.html

Oh, come on. It's on the official site. ^

Shuma

Smash Hero
Because all that was sayd in the old Brawl site, before it was changed to the one we have now.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Uhh... Yeah he does. In the game, yes, he can wield a baseball bat and yo-yo. Even gets Ness' yo-yo that's called "Friend's Yo-yo" (or, at least, it's obvious it is, but it isn't said).
...*sigh* dude, take a nice long look at Lucas' model.

Do you see anything there to hold a baseball bat or yo-yo?

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Because all that was sayd in the old Brawl site, before it was changed to the one we have now.
When was that ever said on the Brawl site? It was said on the old Melee one, not the Brawl one.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
...*sigh* dude, take a nice long look at Lucas' model.
Take a long look at Mother 3 and tell me if Lucas doesn't use a baseball bat or yo-yo?
Do you see anything there to hold a baseball bat or yo-yo?
Since when in the hell did he have to have a baseball bat and yo-yo visible? Ness never did, and he somehow was able to pop it out of nowhere. Peach somehow just happens to pop Toad out of nowhere or pull a vegetable out of nowhere. It's just simple cartoon physics.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Take a long look at Mother 3 and tell me if Lucas doesn't use a baseball bat or yo-yo?
I never played Mother 3. What on earth does that have to do with anything??

Since when in the hell did he have to have a baseball bat and yo-yo visible? Ness never did, and he somehow was able to pop it out of nowhere.
Ness actually has a PACK to PUT it in.

Peach somehow just happens to pop Toad out of nowhere or pull a vegetable out of nowhere. It's just simple cartoon physics.
Giving me examples of characters from different universes is completely irrelevant.

You didn't have to bite my friggen' head off, it was just an IDEA.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
No it isn't.
Yes it is because I wasn't even aware that a MOTHER3 fansite was making predictions/getting inside information. I made the conclusion the Ness is most likely gone because of the facts and speculation surrounding Lucas's inclusion. Who the hell are you to tell me that a fansite, that I didn't even knew about gave me that assumtion that Ness was not in Brawl?

What does that prove? The 1st gen Pokemon games are the most popular Pokemon games. That doesn't mean that there can't be any playable characters from any of the newer Pokemon games too.
Pokemon and MOTHER are entirely different franchises. It would seem wise to base such a small series as MOTHER on popularity. You really can't compare the 2nd biggest franchise in the world with MOTHER 3.

What is that supposed to mean? That anyone who thinks it's possible for Ness to return is stupid? I think that anyone who already thinks Ness can't return is stupid. This is no different then when people thought that Rumble Falls disconfirmed Ice Climbers, because it was similar to their stage in Melee. If Krystal is shown tomorrow, you'll have 100 people claiming Falco is out. People are stupid. Why not wait and see if he returns or not, instead of jumping to conclusions and making yourself look foolish if you're wrong?
I never said that people who thought Ness was still included were stupid. Based on the information provided I came to the conclusion that Ness is most likely not in Brawl due to Lucas being confrimed. Regardless if I am wrong and Ness is still in, who honestly is going to care? Your going to be playing Brawl and I'm going to be playing Brawl and most likely won't remember this disscussion even taken place, of course if you want to hold a grudge be my guest.

No, for the 10,000th time. Stop believing what you hear from people who are as gullible as you are.
I said "didn't" I was not stating what I said as a fact or an absolute, that is why I asked.

No, as of right now it looks like Lucas is in the game. That has nothing to do with Ness. Ness may or may not return. You don't know. Believe me, if I were you, the last thing I'd go by would be my intuition.
Fine, then we'll just wait till the roaster is leaked or the game comes out to find out if Ness is in. ( I don't think he will be personally, feel free to think whatever you want).

-Knight

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
No, as of right now it looks like Lucas is in the game. That has nothing to do with Ness.

No, as of right now it looks like Lucas is in the game. That has nothing to do with Ness.

words of wisdom

And I like your attitude Kirby Knight... you waitin with me?

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I never played Mother 3. What on earth does that have to do with anything??
It has to do with the fact with, you know, knowing your characters.
Ness actually has a PACK to PUT it in.
Well, apparently Lucas doesn't even in his own game when he can carry a sh-tload of items without a backpack. It's simple game physics. A lot of games have characters that, yes, pull things out of thin air.
Giving me examples of characters from different universes is completely irrelevant.
Ever heard of hammerspace?

Seriously, dude, get the f-ck over yourself.

Fawriel

Smash Master

Lucas is about to use a smoke bomb!
Sheik deconfirmed!

Seriously, though, here's hoping for The Totally And Utterly Mysterious Masked Man(child). ^^

As for Ness... I think he'll find a worthy successor in Lucas. But if he returned as well, that would be funky.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Link was actually explained back in the Zelda cartoon, and it makes good sense; Magic pouch.

Canon or not doesn't change the fact that Link carries most of his weapons on his person in some kind of pocket, size of the actual item be ****ed he still carries them in SOMETHING.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Link was actually explained back in the Zelda cartoon, and it makes good sense; Magic pouch.

Canon or not doesn't change the fact that Link carries most of his weapons on his person in some kind of pocket, size of the actual item be ****ed he still carries them in SOMETHING.
Hammerspace.

Seriously, dude, shut the f-ck up.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
There you go again with the hostility.

Chill the hell out. You're acting like I shot your mother or something. Relax.
I will not chill out when I pointed out the f-cking obvious hammerspace idea that's used in every piece of god d-mn fiction. What is there to not to get with you?

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
I will not chill out when I pointed out the f-cking obvious hammerspace idea that's used in every piece of god d-mn fiction. What is there to not to get with you?
Take deep breaths.

First of all, hammerspace is NOT used in every piece of fiction. I didn't see hammerspace being implemented in Huckleberry Finn. :p

Secondly, I didn't even SEE your response until just now.

Relax, kid, I'll respond now.

It has to do with the fact with, you know, knowing your characters.
translation: "Lucas uses bat and yo yo too, ******! Shut up and sit in the corner like the idiot you are for not knowing that!"

I'll get back to you on that when you're not so narrow-minded about it.

Well, apparently Lucas doesn't even in his own game when he can carry a sh-tload of items without a backpack. It's simple game physics. A lot of games have characters that, yes, pull things out of thin air.
Yes, yes, I know all about how that works. Mario does it in Brawl as well.

I was merely giving an OPTION in case they were to put BOTH Lucas and Ness in Brawl. You know, an idea? an opinion?

I didn't realize that such things were taboo around here. e_e

Ever heard of hammerspace?
Yes.

Seriously, dude, get the f-ck over yourself.
Excuse me??

You're the one dropping F-Bombs because I presented an IDEA that you think is so stupid that you have to take a crap all over the thread because of how stupid you seem to think it is.

I'll say it again: stop acting so immature. It's a GAME.

Take your own advice and 'get the $%&# over yourself'.

Top Bottom