• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas is in the Brawl! - General Discussion

Sinn

Smash Lord
Or you could actually make Lucas a good character, when Ness was not. (Not talking about 64 Ness, because he was god then)
I recently changed my views on Melee Ness after learning how to better use his dair and PK Flash. Flash especially is a wonderful move that I have no idea why I never got the hang of using before...

Though yes, Ness's mighty dair foot of stompity doom was God and a half in 64...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
This update got me so excited! Way to go, Sakurai-san! :bigthumbu

Someone with PhotoShop etc. abilities: can you make a nice little add-on using this picture that says "SSBB" in the upper-right and "Lucas User" in the bottom-left? That would be wonderful.

Now we can get some official add-ons with these awesome renders!
Too good an offer to pass up.

Though, I went a bit nuts.

It's occuring to me now that I didn't make the borders too fancy, but it's a little late to do anything about it now. I could redo them, but I'm finding myself too lazy to do so at this point in time. Yay excuses!

For any and all who may want to use them.

P. S. Ness may have lost much of his former glory in the transition to Melee, but his bair is godly. If Lucas gets it, or if Ness comes back with it, then I am a happy squirrel scout.

Sinn

Smash Lord
P. S. Ness may have lost much of his former glory in the transition to Melee, but his bair is godly. If Lucas gets it, or if Ness comes back with it, then I am a happy squirrel scout.
Oh God yes. I may be pretty good with Zelda's lightning kick, but...is it just me, or is Ness's easier to pull off? Or is it just because I have so much practice with Zelda's...?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh God yes. I may be pretty good with Zelda's lightning kick, but...is it just me, or is Ness's easier to pull off? Or is it just because I have so much practice with Zelda's...?
Ness' certainly seems easier to me, but I think Zelda's is more powerful when you sweetspot it.

My inability to do that well is probably what causes me to favor Ness so much over Zelda. Hence, I never get better with Zelda's lightning kick.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Lucas' recovery does not depend on a stupid thunder jolt, he will leap up two tiers from Ness' position. XD
I'd rather have him unique than high tier

Sinn

Smash Lord
Ness' certainly seems easier to me, but I think Zelda's is more powerful when you sweetspot it.

My inability to do that well is probably what causes me to favor Ness so much over Zelda. Hence, I never get better with Zelda's lightning kick.
Heh, what I want to know NOW is which is easier to pull off...Zelda's fair or bair...? I should do some research...of course, I may just stick with Ness. I loved him in 64 because he was from EarthBound, one of my favorite games...he deserves more playtime from me.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Circus did go a bit crazy, but they're all well done.

And personally I find Zelda's bair easier to use than her fair. I also have a much easier time double bair-ing than I do double fair-ing.

Fawriel

Smash Master
If it's any consolation, Sakurai could easily "Luigify" Lucas, that is, give him some different attacks and such. If he did it with Mario of all people, this one should be easy.
And if you compare Ness64 to Melee Ness, he himself has already changed drastically...

Well, whatever happens, I'll be fine as long as he gets some good grab range. *sigh*

The one thing that killed Ness in Melee was, in my eyes, the weird mentality the team displayed while redesigning characters for balance.
Ness was nerfed with the mindset "give him some strengths, but also some weaknesses to make up for them".
Fox was redesigned like "give him weaknesses, but strengths to make up for them".

Hence, Fox was made light but was still a fast-faller, making him hard to kill off the top, along with a recovery with insane reach, which is predictable and has start-up time, so they added extra protection to it and gave him an alternate recovery that increases his unpredictability. Oh, and his attacks are weak except for those that are insanely powerful.

Ness on the other hand, has a godly throw. And a grab range that never allows him to use it.

Now who's the stronger one?

I actually sort of mained Ness in Melee. Despite his shortcomings, I was better with him than many others.
As long as he gets a good grab range along with a sped-up dair, it'll be alright.
And while they're at it, they can add to Lucas' individuality with some new special moves.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
If it's any consolation, Sakurai could easily "Luigify" Lucas, that is, give him some different attacks and such. If he did it with Mario of all people, this one should be easy.
And if you compare Ness64 to Melee Ness, he himself has already changed drastically...
Sakurai could "Luigfy" Lucas, however I'd much rather see an entirely unique MOTHER character (Poo,That one Princesss who's name has left me right now, Jeff, or The Masked Man).

Since Lucas and Ness are so similar I'd rather Ness became an alt costume of Lucas, making room for an entirely unique MOTHER character.

-Knight

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Thanks a bunch, circus! I'll definitely be using that from now on. :bigthumbu

Well, whatever happens, I'll be fine as long as he gets some good grab range. *sigh*

The one thing that killed Ness in Melee was, in my eyes, the weird mentality the team displayed while redesigning characters for balance.
Ness was nerfed with the mindset "give him some strengths, but also some weaknesses to make up for them".
Fox was redesigned like "give him weaknesses, but strengths to make up for them".

I actually sort of mained Ness in Melee. Despite his shortcomings, I was better with him than many others.
As long as he gets a good grab range along with a sped-up dair, it'll be alright.
And while they're at it, they can add to Lucas' individuality with some new special moves.
Yeah, grab range (or lack thereof) really killed Ness in SSBM. His Smashes got nerfed, too, but the grabbing hurt the most because his throws are SO good. Fingers crossed that, if he returns, he will be back and better than ever!

Sakurai could "Luigfy" Lucas, however I'd much rather see an entirely unique MOTHER character (Poo,That one Princesss who's name has left me right now, Jeff, or The Masked Man).

Kumatora's the name. (Masked Man is better, anyway.) ;)[/FONT]
Lucas
Ness
Claus.

We NEED those characters in Brawl!
AGREED WHOLEHEARTEDLY! :bigthumbu

Claus / Masked Man is undoubtedly the one character that I want to see most right now. No Claus = unhappiness for the world. :(

Fizlzo

Smash Cadet
::yoshi::goomba::kirby::dk::yoshi::link::samus:::Ka-meh-Ka-meh-KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
::yoshi::goomba::kirby::dk::yoshi::link::samus:::Ka-meh-Ka-meh-KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Thats why i dont watch DBZ. Its retarted and when you watch it youll get retarted too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
hey Luke, whats that show in your sig??

on topic: I wonder if they will give Lucas an English voice actor..
I highly doubt that...

Is Lucas silent like Ness?

More than likely he'll have no more lines than Ness had in Melee though

Thats why i dont watch DBZ. Its retarted and when you watch it youll get retarted too.
If your right you must watch it 24/7...

Seriously, DBZ was awesome back in the day...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'd love to see Ness return.

...but that picture's off. October the 2nd isn't a Monday!

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Clone's wouldn't be so bad if they were just alternate costumes for characters.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
I like how you think the fact that no one outside of japan cared actually mattered. >_> Basically none of our opinions matter much at all.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Everyone cross your fingers for Lucas' SM update tomorrow, if not sometime later in the week! =)

(The sooner the better, frankly.)

Xigger

Smash Lord
Ness will return for two reasons: One, Sakurai not only mentioned Ness, but he proposed a challenge between them. That would be useless if they were in seperate games.

Two, the pictures show that they are different. Not to mention that the world wants Ness way more than Lucas.

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
Ness will return for two reasons: One, Sakurai not only mentioned Ness, but he proposed a challenge between them. That would be useless if they were in seperate games.

Two, the pictures show that they are different. Not to mention that the world wants Ness way more than Lucas.
yea and lets not forget the fact that Ness stared in both ssb and ssbm

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord

The world also wanted the Ice Climbers not to return. With Starmen.net's inside info on
Pokey Minch as the Pig King's involvement, I think that the other MOTHER rep will be Claus, since they are going for an overall Mother 3 storyline. They said Pokey would arrive in the Subspace Emissary and make himself mayor of a city. Keep in mind, they also predicted Lucas's inclusion about a day before he was confirmed.

GenG

Smash Lord
While listening to MOTHER 3 soundtrack, I though a good B move for Lucas if he isn't a true clone, the Mr. Saturn Table. Basically, you'll ride it like Wario's Bike, you can even park it.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
PK Magnet for Lucas >B. He sucks up the life but if he can't absorb the projectile, he throws the magnet back at them with the projectile inside. MUHAHAH!

And Ness can have PK Ground as downB. Lucas can have Starstorm as B where he jumps in the air and lanches stars ahead of him and Teleport as UB. DB can be the Sheild and when he's hit with the sheild on him, he gets hit, no knockback but they can't use that attack anymore, one move disabled and changes when he blocks a different one.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It doesn't necessarily mean that the two will fight. It's possible that he's stating the possibility that Ness has been succeeded by Lucas.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
PK Magnet for Lucas >B. He sucks up the life but if he can't absorb the projectile, he throws the magnet back at them with the projectile inside. MUHAHAH!

And Ness can have PK Ground as downB. Lucas can have Starstorm as B where he jumps in the air and lanches stars ahead of him and Teleport as UB. DB can be the Sheild and when he's hit with the sheild on him, he gets hit, no knockback but they can't use that attack anymore, one move disabled and changes when he blocks a different one.
Ness should not have PK Ground, one thing is that he uses Paula's specials, but PK Ground isn't even in Mother 2, it's a Kumatora move from Mother 3.

I've said since forever, but I'll say it again. Ness' moves should've been:

B: PK Flash
down B: Hypnosis
Side B: PK Paralysis
Up B: Teleport

Final Smash: PK Rockin

I've been constantly thinking about Lucas' moves... he didn't have as much offense as Ness, but the one I like the most is this one:

B: PK Flash
Side B: PSI Counter (makes an enemy spin a bit with little damage, but if you catch them during an attack, it will be countered, and damage and knockback will depend on the strenght of the Attack)
Down B: PK Love (circle of Blue PSI around him, can be charged to make the circle bigger and stronger, but it charges slowly)
Up B: Messenger Pidgeon (a blue pidgeon will carry Lucas some distance and then will be released, the Pidgeon can damage enemies, either on Lucas' hands or after being released.

EDIT: Final Smash, PK Love Omega, a very strong version of PK Love. If Mario and Samus can have a stronger Fireball and Beam, then Lucas can have PK Love Omega.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That one seems fine. As long as Lucas doesn't derive from Kumatora or Ness derives from Paula again, I'm fine with it. Otherwise, it's wasting character potential.

Top Bottom