• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas is in the Brawl! - General Discussion

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What about PK fire and Thunder? They're classic! If Lucas and Ness are both in, who should have them? (because they'll both be in)...(moves and chars :p)
In terms of accuracy, neither.

Nightlea

Smash Cadet
Is there a translation of Mother 3 anywhere on the internet?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/914622/42740

There are other translation guides on Gamefaqs, but this one's a complete story translation (and it came out about a year ago). Make sure your browser supports japanese characters.

Also, the guys at Starmen.net are working on a patch. They've already released a basic one, which translates names and menus, but a full patch is expected to come sometime (hopefully soon). Here's the link: http://mother3.fobby.net/

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
When I saw Lucas' move in the video I smiled :D, It was nothing like any of Ness' moves, so maybe Lucas and Ness are both in and have different moves!!!!

Of course I'd LOVE three Mother reps. Lucas Ness and Claus!!!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It looks like Ness' Back aerial A. Looks like Lucas has this for his forward or he's looking back.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
It looks like Ness' Bair, but with a different animation. Hmm... maybe if they're both in, they will be Luigified?

But I'm sure that the other move I mentioned is like nothing Ness ever did.

I must say, it's amazing that they're using octagons and other stuff like that for Lucas. It's truer to the Mother series.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
why is lucas so chubby. i mean isn't he a couple years older then ness or something so shouldn't he be a bit more slim and taller.
He's not chubby--he's chibi! :chuckle:

(Really, though, don't be hatin'.)

I like the hexagonal attacks, but I hope they don't constitute his only animations. Nice MOTHER-esque touch, though. Let's get Lucas' SM update tomorrow to make this an even better week. ;)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
why is lucas so chubby. i mean isn't he a couple years older then ness or something so shouldn't he be a bit more slim and taller.
The MOTHER series has a deformed artstyle like the type seen in anime.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
He's not chubby--he's chibi! :chuckle:

(Really, though, don't be hatin'.)
i am not "hatin" he really is chubby. he has the same body build as ness had in melee and in earthbound they call ness fat boy and at the end of the game they mention he had lost some wight. Lucas is chubby

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
i am not "hatin" he really is chubby. he has the same body build as ness had in melee and in earthbound they call ness fat boy and at the end of the game they mention he had lost some wight. Lucas is chubby
That's generally how every chibi character looks.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually if Lucas uses his sticks, borrows some of Kumatora's moves such as PK Starstorm and Pk Ground you pretty much don't have a clone of Ness, I mean it could happen considering Ness borrowed his moves from Paula.
He better not "borrow" from her. I just hope the movesets are actually faithful this time.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
double post! Ahh !

does it look like Something Ness did??
probably some of Ness attacks (I doubt about specials) are going to be given to Lucas and Ness will get some new ones (remember I said SOME, not all). Thats what I think could be a possibility because of the fact od Ness and Lucas have similar build (BUILD, not appearance) and is would be like giving one character 2 sets of attacks, and becouse maybe becouse they couldnt think of a very original moveset for Lucas, because, if you noticed, most of Ness attacks are physical (with some shiny effects) and giving physical attacks to Lucas without being almost identical to Ness could had been hard, so they gave some of Ness physical attacks to Lucas, so he could have some, and gave some not physical attacks to Ness (you know, shiny effect without kicking, etc), sso they both had a balanced number of physical and not physical attacks, and so both of the sets of attack where original and different from each other.

Thats my opinion =D (sorry for some of the thing I said capitalised, but I just want to avoid flamers saying "Ness will not give his moveset to Lucas, No0b, it would be Ness without his moveset!!!", couse exacly when they read at the beggining "Lucas would get (some of) Ness's attacks" they would stop reading the rest and start flaming e_e

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Psi Rockin was PK Love in English -_-'. They are the same moves, but you could give it a different name in Earthbound.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If Ness were to return, they could give him Psi Teleport with a slightly different effect of damaging opponents while still being hard to control. I'm pretty sure Lucas did not have Psi Teleport in the game.

MySmash

Smash Cadet
I love Ness (he was my main in SSB64)...but would anybody rather see Claus make it in?

Top Bottom