• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas is in the Brawl! - General Discussion

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Hehehe..

In other news, these new hexagonal shots are interesting. Would they replace Ness' sparkles from his regular attacks?

Noshiee

Smash Ace
nah, I think Ness will have his regular sparkles, maybe better looking, and Lucas will have the blue hexagonal attacks, as the blue hexagonal attacks are from PK Love's effects in Mother 3.
I know PK Love and PK Rockin are the same attack, but I think the blue hexagons kinda differs Lucas PK power from Ness's PK power somehow.
Is good that they look different, that way the will not look so alike in brawl, which is good. :)

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Since Ness is already borrowing attacks, suppose if he is in the game, his Final Smash could be Starstorm, could it not?

Seems like a better choice than the vague-sounding psychic attack that is PK Rockin'. I think the same could be said for PK Love, is there some other armageddon-style attack Lucas or his friends are able to use?

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Since Ness is already borrowing attacks, suppose if he is in the game, his Final Smash could be Starstorm, could it not?

Seems like a better choice than the vague-sounding psychic attack that is PK Rockin'. I think the same could be said for PK Love, is there some other armageddon-style attack Lucas or his friends are able to use?
no, just PK Love/Rockin, and PK Starstorm

I was actually thinkin Ness FS was going to be PK Rockin (and instead of pointing forward with his main fingers like he does in PK Fire, he will instead put them with the rock sign, you know, the main finger and the little finger pointing up).

And Lucas FS was going to be either PK Love (it would look different from Ness's FS) or PK Starstorm.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anybody tell me what this is supposed to be? I found it on another board.

Yeah, we saw that a while ago....

It's the snake rope used by Duster in Mother 3...

No one knows if it's Lucas' B move, grab, or just an item

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
That snake rocks. I've never seen it before though.

I'll sticky this, keep this thread healthy guys.

glazedkoala

Smash Rookie
Earlier it was argued that if Lucas was just a replacement for ness, he wouldn't be counted as a new character, but a veteran.

I'd just like to state that Zero Suit Samus is considered a new character, even though she's is just a new move (basically) for Samus. This is evidence that Lucas would be considered "new" even if he's just a new form of an old character.

And I'd say that since Lucas was slated to replace Ness initially, it's pretty likely that's still what he's going to do.

glazedkoala

Smash Rookie
I don't mean he's a new form in the way zero suit samus is, my point was just she isn't a completely new character yet she was still considered a "new character" so the fact that lucas is considered a "newcomer" or "new challenger" or whatever does not mean that he is going to be completely different from Ness, he could be his replacement.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
ZSS is a totally different character, I dont remember seeing her shootinf missilesout of her hand, or shooting blasts of energy fro her arm cannon, which she doesnt have, yeah, she is indeed samus, but yet, no a different character. Lets put it like this, do you think Sheik is the same character as Zelda, yeah, Sheik is her Down B, but Sheik is still a totally different character.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't think that's neccessary...

Deja Vu? :p
Same but as stated before in my thread, it wouldn't be so bad that doing so doesn't waste her character potential with her, Lucas, AND Claus being playable.

glazedkoala

Smash Rookie
I'm not saying she isn't a lot LIKE a new character. And Sheik and Zelda certainly don't PLAY the same, but when you select Zelda, you select Sheik. They are extensions of each other. They are ONE character that plays in two completely different ways. My point is, Zero Suit isn't who you select, you select Samus to play as. I'm just saying that the fact that Zamus is counted as a new character is good evidence that Lucas being considered a new character doesn't mean he's going to be completely different from Ness. It's not an exact comparison, it's just evidence.

I'm not saying Ness necessarily WON'T come back, I'm just saying don't bet on it.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
I'm not saying she isn't a lot LIKE a new character. And Sheik and Zelda certainly don't PLAY the same, but when you select Zelda, you select Sheik. They are extensions of each other. They are ONE character that plays in two completely different ways. My point is, Zero Suit isn't who you select, you select Samus to play as. I'm just saying that the fact that Zamus is counted as a new character is good evidence that Lucas being considered a new character doesn't mean he's going to be completely different from Ness. It's not an exact comparison, it's just evidence.

I'm not saying Ness necessarily WON'T come back, I'm just saying don't bet on it.
but ZSS is a totally different character than Samus, they dont have anything alike, in specials nor status, totally different, when you play as samus, you play as samus, when you play as ZSS, you , play as ZSS, just like when you play as Zelda, you play as Zelda, and when you play as Sheik, you play as Sheik. ZSS is introduced as a Newcomer, becouse she IS a newcomer, a totally different character, god, we dont even know if you cna play as her from the beggining of the match by holdin A or something just like Zelda/Sheik, it wasnt at the demo, so what, neither were the different kind of crates for each stage.

glazedkoala

Smash Rookie
My point is just that ZSS isn't completely new... So it's possible that Lucas is a "new character" but isn't new in every way... he could be a Ness clone... or at least similar enough to Ness to be his replacement.

I'm just saying that being a "new character" doesn't mean you're completely new. I guess a better example is that Ike is sort of like a new Roy (though I know, he plays differently in many ways, but you can see where they're moves are somewhat similar) and could be considered his replacement.

vesperview

Smash Hero
ZSamus is new in everything just because she is Samus without an armor doesn't mean she is not a new character, now Ike and Lucas are not the new Ness and Roy, is a terrible example, you should go to the Lucas moves thread and see that none of his moves are similar to Ness's

Noshiee

Smash Ace
My point is just that ZSS isn't completely new... So it's possible that Lucas is a "new character" but isn't new in every way... he could be a Ness clone... or at least similar enough to Ness to be his replacement.

I'm just saying that being a "new character" doesn't mean you're completely new. I guess a better example is that Ike is sort of like a new Roy (though I know, he plays differently in many ways, but you can see where they're moves are somewhat similar) and could be considered his replacement.
what part of ZSS being a new character you dont get, yeah, she is Samus, but she is not the smae character, the came person maybe, but not the same character, as she plays completely different.
also, roy is getting replaced becouse he is a clone, and if you dont remember, marth is exactly like roy (exept status and some other things), so, if what you say is true, marth is getting remplaced by Ike...>_>
And as far we know, Lucas shown move look different from Ness, atleast 75% or more of them.

Ospov

Smash Rookie
eh, i've never played Mother 1, 2, or 3 so i've never heard of any of the characters from it. i was just mad whenever they put Ness in SSB64 as the "hard to get" secret character. it was just kinda like "uh, ok...i don't even know who that is AND they suck (imo)". so i've always had a grudge against Ness, but Lucas seems to be very similiar to Ness. oh well, i probably won't play as Lucas very much anyway.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
eh, i've never played Mother 1, 2, or 3 so i've never heard of any of the characters from it. i was just mad whenever they put Ness in SSB64 as the "hard to get" secret character. it was just kinda like "uh, ok...i don't even know who that is AND they suck (imo)". so i've always had a grudge against Ness, but Lucas seems to be very similiar to Ness. oh well, i probably won't play as Lucas very much anyway.
Ness was actually top tier in SBB64, so he didnt "suck" at that time >_>

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Hooray for being open minded.

Top Bottom