• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas is in the Brawl! - General Discussion

NK Cyborg

Smash Cadet
I was completely surprised that he got in, but then I thought that his appearance would probably convince NoA to release Mother 3. Hey, if it worked for the Fire Emblem series due to Marth and Roy, it'll certainly work for Mother 3 (and maybe 1) due to Lucas. I don't want Ness replaced, though. Although I'm crap with him, I'd still like to see him return to Brawl. I was a bit disappointed that Claus didn't get in alongside Lucas like the Ice Climbers. That would have been cute to see! Claus could still get in with similarities to the Melee version of Zelda. ;)

As for music, there should be one from each game then one more that appears in all 3 unless it's unsuitable for battles (i.e. Snowman). Since most stages would have multiple songs, having one song that's exclusive to each Mother game would be good. For Mother 3 music, the perfect battle song came to me: "Natural Killer Cyborg". :cool: If you have the game, listen to #236 in the soundtest and you'll see. For Mother 2, Giygas' theme is another good battle song.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I was completely surprised that he got in, but then I thought that his appearance would probably convince NoA to release Mother 3. Hey, if it worked for the Fire Emblem series due to Marth and Roy, it'll certainly work for Mother 3 (and maybe 1) due to Lucas. I don't want Ness replaced, though. Although I'm crap with him, I'd still like to see him return to Brawl. I was a bit disappointed that Claus didn't get in alongside Lucas like the Ice Climbers. That would have been cute to see! Claus could still get in with similarities to the Melee version of Zelda. ;)

As for music, there should be one from each game then one more that appears in all 3 unless it's unsuitable for battles (i.e. Snowman). Since most stages would have multiple songs, having one song that's exclusive to each Mother game would be good. For Mother 3 music, the perfect battle song came to me: "Natural Killer Cyborg". :cool: If you have the game, listen to #236 in the soundtest and you'll see. For Mother 2, Giygas' theme is another good battle song.
Claus would be a very unoriginal character if he entered like Lucas's twin, first before he is the masked man he doesn't even have powers, plus, he would get in as the Masked Man, he could even glide, OMG would be awesome.

MySmash

Smash Cadet
Claus would be a very unoriginal character if he entered like Lucas's twin, first before he is the masked man he doesn't even have powers, plus, he would get in as the Masked Man, he could even glide, OMG would be awesome.
Claus (Masked Man) would be an amazing-ly unique character that would not only be an excellent addition to the roster, but a possible (major) villian in the SSE.

GenG

Smash Lord

Himoebi (Ropesnake) as part of Lucas' moveset. I bet is his own "clawshot" move for grabbing and recovery.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Himoebi (Ropesnake) as part of Lucas' moveset. I bet is his own "clawshot" move for grabbing and recovery.
What the hell? How many characters are they going to give ledge grabbing things to now???

GenG

Smash Lord
The footnote is talking about Lucas, not an item. It's one of his moves.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
can anyone read Japanese...I could figure it out eventually but it would take a while...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Play the god **** game.

It's basically used like Link's hookshot, with a swinging ability (kinda like his in Wind Waker, but I forgot what the item was specifically called).
I'm pretty sure (s)he would play the game if (s)he could.

GenG

Smash Lord
How so? Mind showing me how?

It was posted on Starmen.net, but nothing about it was confirmed.
In Famitsu, all pics about revealed characters show them sporting their own moves (just like in the DOJO), without items, and the description is talking about Lucas with something like "He doesn't just use PSI! He even can use "Himoebi" from MOTHER 3!!" or something about these lines. Plus, it doesn't mention anything about Himoebi being an item.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...and some people like me, have no idea where to find that kind of Rom

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Yeah right, I can't find a single mother 3 rom anywhere
GBA roms aren't really that hard to fine as people think (trust me, when I was first into roms and emus, I didn't know where to find them), but since you requested it, here it is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/8b1uot
In Famitsu, all pics about revealed characters show them sporting their own moves, without items, and the description is talking about Lucas with something like "He doesn't just use PSI! He even can use "Himoebi" from MOTHER 3!!" or something about these lines. Plus, it doesn't mention anything about Himoebi being an item.
Ah, understood.
Some people, like me, aren't the type to be venturing that deep into legal waters.
It isn't licensed here, so I doubt it's illegal.

Besides, no one honestly has ever got arrested or caught playing a rom. Don't worry about it.

You have a higher chance of getting arrested for downloading music for free than to get arrested for playing a rom.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It isn't licensed here, so I doubt it's illegal.

Besides, no one honestly has ever got arrested or caught playing a rom. Don't worry about it.

You have a higher chance of getting arrested for downloading music for free than to get arrested for playing a rom.
Licensed or not, it's still illegal. The same still applies to anime fansubs.

There's a first time for everything.

Maybe so but Nintendo takes it seriously.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Licensed or not, it's still illegal. The same still applies to anime fansubs.

There's a first time for everything.

Maybe so but Nintendo takes it seriously.

Fallowing the rules is never fun though, and that's the only real thing important in life...

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
well if lucas is in ness will probably be back(darn)......well, if they change ness(perhaps a third jump) then he'd be good....but after 64 and melee i dont like him too much

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
well if lucas is in ness will probably be back(darn)......well, if they change ness(perhaps a third jump) then he'd be good....but after 64 and melee i dont like him too much
He was unbeatable in 64...what are you talking about?

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
New Screenshots at Starmen.net.

Here's one.

*edit* didn't notice the picture posted previously, but there's the source.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Seems like a Smash Attack to me. And the article alludes to the fact that all of Lucas' aerial attacks will utilize the blue hexagons. I guess it's safe to say that the hexagons that we have seen thus far are unrelated to his Special Moves.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
well,the hexagon in the conference trailer doesnt seem to be an aerial as he is in the ground, and a lot of people say is a special, but I think is his Up Smash (I doubt is his up tilt, it takes to much to perform) as the shiny white light that appears when somebody charges a smash attacks appears, but it can be part of the animation though, we'll find out when a Lucas Specials update comes up.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Hopefully this week. Ever since Sakurai-san revealed Lucas on the DOJO!!, I've been anxiously awaiting Lucas' SM update. Bring it on, Sakurai! =)

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
I think it's his taunt... they look more like fireworks, and it's shown in the midst of everyone else's taunts.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
If there are none, it would be great laughter coming from me for those who thought me an idiot for thinking they could give Lucas other weapons to keep Ness in. :)

Noshiee

Smash Ace
If there are none, it would be great laughter coming from me for those who thought me an idiot for thinking they could give Lucas other weapons to keep Ness in. :)

well, lucas can use poles, sticks, staffs and scepters, other than baseball bats. He also had a Keytar (Piano quitar).
I dont remember if yo-yos were in the game.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
well, lucas can use poles, sticks, staffs and scepters, other than baseball bats. He also had a Keytar (Piano quitar).
I dont remember if yo-yos were in the game.
Uh, no, Lucas used baseball bats too in the game, just as much Ness did. And he can wield a yo-yo.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Uh, no, Lucas used baseball bats too in the game, just as much Ness did. And he can wield a yo-yo.
I never said he didnt used baseball bats, but, unlike ness, he was able to equip other weapons. His main weapons were sticks if you dont remember, there were only 2 baseball bats in the game, fake bat, and genuine bat, the other 9-10 weapons he could equip were sticks, with Dream Stick being his most powerful weapon. So no, he didnt used baseball bats as much as Ness did.
And thank you for remaining me of the yo-yos, I didnt remember if they appeared in mother 3.

hey vinternet, I like your avatar ;) LOL!!!

Top Bottom