• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's Community Share and Video Analysis

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Oh yeah, no probl, it's a cool MU (sorta counter-intuitive though, since you rarely wall w/ aerials as much as you do in the Wario MU).

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I liked your spacing v. MK, your playstyle looks really Zucco-ey (a good Lucario main that quit some time ago), but with some more stronger aura sphere play. I didn't get to look at the other matches, but pretty good so far. I love your spacing, good ftilt use (I generally approve of it since it keeps your fsmash more unpredictable in timing and it keeps it fresh :))

At about 9:40 you looked like you were trying to force the kill juuuuust a bit too much, I think you could've chipped a bit more with ftilt/jab/grab (or if you were sure it would land, sideB could kill at those percents if he's putting up shield) since he was putting up his shield a bit more, and waited until you saw him do a punishable habit that you could hit with your killing aerials (like nair/uair), or your usual fsmash/aura sphere if you see him goof up or dodge.

I didn't get to go much into D3, but how I saw you play it, was really good, I looooved those mixups you put on, this is like quintessential good Lucario D3 MU stuff for Lucario.

iRJi

Smash Champion
thanks... is there anything you think I could've done better or something?
That was some good play I must say. My question to you is if all of that was standard Breversing, or was it that you were Bsticking?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think he was using b-reverses, if you're talking about those double-back reversals (Broversal!), it's done by flicking one way, hitting the analog back, then hitting B, then the same direction again (there was a japanese Lucario named Ken who did this a lot).

If it's not involving that, then I guess it's something else you're referring to :p

iRJi

Smash Champion
It's cool. I ask because having your Cstick set to special makes a downfall into gameplay, as well as giving some advantages. You lose momentum cancelling if you set it to special, so I wanted to know if he actually took the time out to practice manual inputs instead of the Bstick.

sparkaura

Smash Apprentice
I think he was using b-reverses, if you're talking about those double-back reversals (Broversal!), it's done by flicking one way, hitting the analog back, then hitting B, then the same direction again (there was a japanese Lucario named Ken who did this a lot).

If it's not involving that, then I guess it's something else you're referring to :p
Is there a video of this anywhere?

Oh and very nice lucario man my only gripe is that you went meta :/ your lucario could have pulled through lol

Richi

Smash Cadet
Well i play with wii mote and nunchuk, so that´s why i used standard Breversing, and thank you guys for your critiques :)

sparkaura

Smash Apprentice
You play too scared against his Fox. Spotdodges and Rolls were the death of you, and not tank grabbing either.
I agree also BAS against fox works even if he reflects it stops him from moving giving you some breathing room. Standard F-air approach works but don't get to predictable...thats all I got lol

Steam

Smash Hero
he just wanted to lay down on me cuz he's a furry obv.

but the other depressing part was how I DI'd that ftilt :(

kolat

Smash Rookie
Richi,
You are very good, so all of my comments are very nitpicky.
Rolling to approach is dangerous. I only noticed you do it once or twice, so you seem to have that down pretty well.
Against Olimar you approached really well through his hailstorm of pikmin. And you were really good about continuing the pressure when you got in close. A few times it cost you though. Balance aggression and retreating, the reward of hitting isn't always worth the risk of getting killed.
Beautiful item control against Wario.
Utilize airwalking. It has been a while since I fought a good Wario or Olimar, perhaps that isn't a good option against them?

Overall you do the right thing most of the time. The next step is refining your play, you already have the basics and more advanced stuff down pretty well. Your spacing and AS control is really good, and it seems you vary your approach plenty to stay unpredictable. Excellent chasing and punishment. Wario, Snake, and Olimar are three really difficult matchups in my book but you handle them nicely.

Top Bottom