• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's Community Share and Video Analysis

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace

Here's an interesting option vs. ZSS guys. Lucario's tail acted as the perfect hurt-box to counter the get-up attack. Thoughts?
UPDATE: In the video our location DT'ing is the most spaced we can be while reversing to have a longer slide since RDT has a longer slide than DT does.
UPDATE: ZSS can shield, jump, spot-dodge, roll, or use her Down-B to evade any of our DT slides (all four).
UPDATE: ZSS can shield our Reversed DT facing away hit but can only punish our slide with dash grab or uncharged B laser. However, we can spot-dodge or roll away/behind her dash grab & shield/PS/Spot-dodge her uncharged B. If she approaches with punishing with dash grab we spotdodge and punish her accordingly giving us the advantage no matter what.
UPDATE: DO NOT DO A REGULAR DT FACING TOWARDS HER. DT's regular side activated ends up sliding behind her first while she shields and we are literally almost right in front of her looking away. Don't do this.
UPDATE: However, doing a DT facing away with our tail near her range of get-up attacking makes us slide in her general direction making this an offensive slide. If our slide is hitting her shield, no matter how good her shield DI is, we'll knock her back on the ledge which is guaranteed frame trap Dair stage spike. If she rolls away to be behind us it puts Lucario in a bad spot but we can avoid punish with reaction.
UPDATE: DT facing away while ZSS rolling back to ledge, two events can occur:

1. She rolls too late shielding our DT offensive slide-box but still rolls. This is an obvious punish for us Ex:F-smash
  2. She rolls too early and becomes right in front of us. This can be a good scenario since we can just tap FP
UPDATE: Reverse DT sliding spaced away while facing her direction is really a trap. It looks bad on us when our Reverse DT slide-box doesnt even touch her but if she is shielding assuming it will hit we will be right in front of her. This is guaranteed FP status. Reverse DT not spaced and being in a believable range for ZSS to get-attack proc our DT, we do an offensive slide towards her which repeats the last update.

Except I can't get ZSS to PS the RDT hit to test perfectly for ZSS' options. If ZSS could PS our RDT hit-box she may have the ability to punish but then again it's DT... that's gonna be a feat.

Note: I just did something involving ZSS get-up attack > 100% and I was able to do a facing away DT proc into offensive slide. I somehow went god-tier mode on my controller and ZSS PS'd the slide-box and I was able to pivot my direction to directly face Lucario's back. Scary.....

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Sorry for this post ****** on the Video Analysis thread but:

Since DT doesn't exist on the hit-boxes/hit-bubbles I'm showing this video for a reference on how far our DT can reach regular or reversed on stage with snake characters as markers for that range indication.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Once again forgive for double/triple posting but this one will cover most of DT explanation/comparison. I would merge the first two videos but Editing took almost 4 days.....Not doing that again. Enjoy~

Last edited:

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
If anyone would be so kind to critique that would be fabulous. If anyone wants to do some advice trading that also works.

http://www.twitch.tv/chattownsmash/b/551474343?t=169m20s
My clip starts at 04:41:55
Hey man, so I just sat down to do this and your link is no longer working. Could you please post a link that works? Also sorry it took me so long but I have been out of the country so I am just now able to view this.

Top Bottom