• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Stage Discussion: Reviewing information

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
sadly, no.

i have zero experience concerning IC's in general.
It's annoying as hell and nearly impossible to weed them out of there. :V

On the flip side, almost no ice climbers even know about that, so it's probably a pretty safe CP anyways.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
1. Get a stage with platforms.
2. If u sense them coming for a grab, pivot grab cause Lucario's is longer.
3. Use that AS!
4. Try not spam Fsmash to much.
5. Stay mobile in the air.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
1. Get a stage with platforms.
2. If u sense them coming for a grab, pivot grab cause Lucario's is longer.
3. Use that AS!

4. Try not spam Fsmash to much.
5. Stay mobile in the air.
Please don't follow these unless you have a death wish.

Trying to trade grabs with ICs is like trying to jab Ike's fsmash 20 frames into the move. Yeah, you might make it, but the reward is seriously not worth the risk.

Also camping ICs is useless. Ice blocks just plain eat through aura sphere om nom nom.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Please don't follow these unless you have a death wish.

Trying to trade grabs with ICs is like trying to jab Ike's fsmash 20 frames into the move. Yeah, you might make it, but the reward is seriously not worth the risk.

Also camping ICs is useless. Ice blocks just plain eat through aura sphere om nom nom.
The pivot grab has helped me against the IC whenever i feel the grab coming and plus its safe. And the AS is used to keep them at bay. Don't really see why oppose these 2. Explain for me.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Usually for pivot grab, it's just that the risk just far outweighs the reward.

As for AS camping, it usually just... doesn't work. I rarely land AS on them, even if they can't reliably PS it. Your best bet is trying to use it close range, but that's not foolproof, either...

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Usually for pivot grab, it's just that the risk just far outweighs the reward.

As for AS camping, it usually just... doesn't work. I rarely land AS on them, even if they can't reliably PS it. Your best bet is trying to use it close range, but that's not foolproof, either...

I'm just saying to utilize AS to keep them at bay not to use as a camping mechanism. Pivot grab is only an option if u happen to see them move in close and it's pretty big for Lucario. And like I said it's pretty safe from my exp. in this MU. Try it out urself of course don't make the PG obvious, do it every once in a while to keep ICs on their toes about it.

=)

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Whatever separates them yo.

I ussually just kept a charged AS in stock to punish Airdodges/Throw at nana when I separate them.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
The pivot grab has helped me against the IC whenever i feel the grab coming and plus its safe. And the AS is used to keep them at bay. Don't really see why oppose these 2. Explain for me.
for one thing, its much MUCH easier to avoid the grab by retreating instead of pivot grabbing. another would be the obvious result if you mess up >.>

AS cant really keep them at bay if they can shoot projectiles that will cancel AS no matter your percent at a much faster rate.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
we even bother using grab against the IC's? our grab range is just as short and we have no superchaingrab to offset it

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Our pummel is fast and fthrow separates them well.

Also you can't get grabbed while grabbing someone else.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
Be careful when you do grab them, unless you throw them right away the other will most likely jab you and try to follow up with a grab.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Be careful when you do grab them, unless you throw them right away the other will most likely jab you and try to follow up with a grab.
Not necessarily.

Our pummel is remarkably fast and hits both of them, so pummeling a few times isn't actually a bad idea.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
now were just talking about IC's in general.

stages?
Lol I was about to say that. It's turned into a match-up discussion rather than a stage discussion.

Anyways like iDeo said, ban FD and use stages with plats. It is the best way to beat ICs stage wise.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Lol I was about to say that. It's turned into a match-up discussion rather than a stage discussion.

Anyways like iDeo said, ban FD and use stages with plats. It is the best way to beat ICs stage wise.
With IC's, Stages are half the battle.

i really dont know much about IC's in general, so you guys gotta help me here. Is their Uair any good at sharking?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
With IC's, Stages are half the battle.

i really dont know much about IC's in general, so you guys gotta help me here. Is their Uair any good at sharking?
Yeah it's good for sharking. They can usually combo Uair into Uair so take that for what you will. But in all honesty it's just about all they have against platform campers and it's easily read and punished.

Now you gotta look at it from my point being an MK main, so I really only feel safe on stages like BF. I know a guy that beat the ICs player, I always play, with DK on Brinstar. So stages play a big part, and from that I can tell you Brinstar is better than RC against ICs. You really just need to space, camp, and abuse platforms.

Idk if your Dair beats their Uair, but if it does that's a huge plus.

Smoom77

Smash Master
It really depends on when it's timed. I've had it go either way. Yet again, ban FD. Go to Frigate or BF. I know I don't like Frigate as an ICs.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm pretty sure their uair outranges our dair.
Yes and no

the first hitbox will never outrange it

but the combined mobility advantage and the pressure/quasi-walling it can do is still really good against ICs. So if you use it preemptively it works pretty well, but then it becomes a guessing game sorta :(

I like BF, Brinstar, and sometimes Frigate against ICs (depends on the ICs).

iRJi

Smash Champion
Yes and no

the first hitbox will never outrange it

but the combined mobility advantage and the pressure/quasi-walling it can do is still really good against ICs. So if you use it preemptively it works pretty well, but then it becomes a guessing game sorta :(

I like BF, Brinstar, and sometimes Frigate against ICs (depends on the ICs).
Actually, Our Dair does outrange their Uair, it is just by a very small amount.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
well, im just repeating what kita said. the slopes makes the ice blocks move back and fort on the dip sealing off an area of the stage. its not as if you'll be approaching on the ground. its more like not liking quite a large section blocked off.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
bumpity bump. ill update this sometime around the weekend.

btw, would you guys be interested in a stage discussion as well? probably the main reason it didnt work the first time was because it was a case of how good it would be vs certain characters. while this still holds true, (brinstar is good for lucario until Wario comes in) it would hopefully spark some more discussion and life into this thread.

iRJi

Smash Champion
I am going to bump this, because this is a very important thread. I am also going to stick this for now and see how it goes. This will be replacing the doubles discussion thread that was unstuck.

Also, I would like to request control over this thread please.

Top Bottom