• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

Astronut

Smash Apprentice
I noticed the same thing @RMF . I tested my 1.1.3 3DS and 1.1.4 Wii U and the cpu's behavior in the asc is the exact same.

AureusVulpes

Triforce of AURA
On a completely unrelated note, the new bayonetta stage has a gimp for us on wii-u. Past an unknown aura %, the clock will cause fully charged aura spheres can collide with the floor as the stage tilts ever so slightly. The center is especially bad since the clock perimeter has a raised edge. This can happen as early as 50%.

Lomogoto

Smash Apprentice
On a completely unrelated note, the new bayonetta stage has a gimp for us on wii-u. Past an unknown aura %, the clock will cause fully charged aura spheres can collide with the floor as the stage tilts ever so slightly. The center is especially bad since the clock perimeter has a raised edge. This can happen as early as 50%.
Yes I noticed this too, if the aura sphere touchs the floor it will follow it, very easy to see on lylat and similar to villager rockets, but there is a lip on the clock face that is too steep and will stop the projectile consistantly. So sad.

Lomogoto

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately this also can mess up ES. If you are sliding and you cross the lip, it pops you up. As long as the slide doesnt end in the pop up you are fine and will go back to hugging the groud, but if it does you get the long lag. Does not seem to be an issue going toward the middle of the stage so it souldnt be too big of an issue, just something to keep in mind.

AureusVulpes

Triforce of AURA
Also, does anyone have any tips on fighting Corrin? I'm trying really hard to not hate how strong most of the attacks are (most notoriously the counter) but I'm having a really hard time surviving past 70-90% anytime I'm not just being a grab-happy idiot.

Corrin as a character design intrigues me; the moveset, potential combo setups, and the unpredictability/versatility are all very nicely designed, but the damage/launch capability feels way too high when added into everything else Corrin can do. Add in the counter that kills at hilariously low %s and I just feel helpless against this character. I know it's only the 3rd day of the release and I'm sure there's something I'm not doing right but right now that's how I'm feeling. Have you guys figured anything out yet?

AlmostDoug

Smash Cadet
NNID
AlmostDoug
3DS FC
1048-8205-2086
You should be able to read it just like how I'm reading yours; by going over each word individually

Most everyone on Skype so far lol'd at the rules tbh, but good luck I guess:201d:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
No disrespect just wondering why Lucario is as high as he is on the tier list is there something i dont know about him?

Used 2 main him in brawl just curious plz fill me in.

Anyone have a crazy video or 2 of someone doing work?

Last edited:

AureusVulpes

Triforce of AURA
No disrespect just wondering why Lucario is as high as he is on the tier list is there something i dont know about him?

Used 2 main him in brawl just curious plz fill me in.

Anyone have a crazy video or 2 of someone doing work?
B tier is high (on a scale of S to D)? News to me. I haven't been maining Lucario as long as some other members here and I'm still practicing some of his "basic" combos and stuff. I don't really focus smash, I play a bit more casually. Most of the people who are good at him don't even post here anymore, they're all off in the Discord chat.

One of Lucario's big strengths (best I can tell) is his ability to ruin your day quickly if you let him live in high%. Aura mechanic plus rage is hilariously strong, and was actually the source of a large pile of salt directly from ZeRo early in smash4. There's a misconception that he rewards bad play and lucky shots, but in reality he rewards surviving and taking advantage of an opponent's mistake. The counter is decent but if it whiffs it gets punished hard. He has a number of combos that kill reliably but you have to know the aura mechanic well and your opponent's kill range. He doesn't function at all like he did in brawl (from what I've heard), so expect some playstyle changes.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
You should be able to read it just like how I'm reading yours; by going over each word individually

Most everyone on Skype so far lol'd at the rules tbh, but good luck I guess:201d:
There's a lot more organization with the different channels we have. If you wanted to look up and discuss a setup in our meta wouldn't it be easier to look in a metagame channel and not have the entire chat get pushed out of view with everyone talking about everything else?

The rules are there to make it easier for newcomers. We want to be friendly and welcoming. We wanted a place without bullying and explicit stuff. Thank you for the well wishes.
1. How do I read the text above me^
2. I posted the Lucario Discord Server on here and would like you guys to join if you wanna.
http://smashboards.com/threads/lucario-discord.430459/
I would suggest using a darker theme I honestly had to switch to one for that reason too, lol. Or you can highlight it, but that can get eh.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
B tier is high (on a scale of S to D)? News to me. I haven't been maining Lucario as long as some other members here and I'm still practicing some of his "basic" combos and stuff. I don't really focus smash, I play a bit more casually. Most of the people who are good at him don't even post here anymore, they're all off in the Discord chat.

One of Lucario's big strengths (best I can tell) is his ability to ruin your day quickly if you let him live in high%. Aura mechanic plus rage is hilariously strong, and was actually the source of a large pile of salt directly from ZeRo early in smash4. There's a misconception that he rewards bad play and lucky shots, but in reality he rewards surviving and taking advantage of an opponent's mistake. The counter is decent but if it whiffs it gets punished hard. He has a number of combos that kill reliably but you have to know the aura mechanic well and your opponent's kill range. He doesn't function at all like he did in brawl (from what I've heard), so expect some playstyle changes.
I.liked him.more in brawl but thinking to main him again...dunno where 2 start...

AlmostDoug

Smash Cadet
NNID
AlmostDoug
3DS FC
1048-8205-2086
Oh damn I legit forgot there were text color changes or even different themes like that lol, no wonder I thought it sounded weird. I've been running dark themes so damn long ( ̄ω ̄; )
I'm down with the Discord ~rules aside but they wouldn't get in my personal way most of the time~ but like I said, good luck with a lot of people

Last edited:

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
I.liked him.more in brawl but thinking to main him again...dunno where 2 start...
Start by learning how to do a jump cancelled up smash from shielding after charging Aura Sphere. Now this is an advanced technique, but I know that Lucario mains have to absolutely know how to pull it off.

Last edited:

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Realized my silliness after seeing kami in person @ genesis3

There's a handful I recognize here, I wonder if any of them remember me [!?]

Hope you new age Lucs are running the baton well.

EDIT:AAAAAAAAAAAAA I WAS OUTTED A FEW PAGES BACK >A< PITBULL YOU DUMMMMMY

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607

The bearer of the hat.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I still play him, but I liked him more in brawl tbh, but that might be me learning his fluidity that I don't have down in smash 4.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura

Eyyyyyyy

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
I guess. I always used the Down Air in Brawl to help me from getting past the ceiling. But I do like Force Palm better in Smash 4.

Croi

Smash Lord
I mained Wario in Brawl and I prefer Brawl Wario way more than Smash 4 Wario.

Really, this applies to a ton of characters. Meta Knight. Falco. Marth. Ice Climbers.

AlmostDoug

Smash Cadet
NNID
AlmostDoug
3DS FC
1048-8205-2086
But the Ice Climbers are actually balanced this time around :nifty:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
100% sure every lucario player that has come from brawl prefers brawl lucario
I have mixed feelings on which one I prefer. I dislike getting gimped at 0% lol. Hit confirms to kill move from Aura Sphere Charge is so good. Jab cancel to Force Palm would be S Tier in Smash 4.

Brawl range was so nice... If they used Brawl hitboxes with Smash 4 frame data and knock back data... We would be top tier for sure.

I promised myself to main Lucario when he was leaked in Brawl. 8 years of Aura Dog. I do not think anyone has mained him longer than me?

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Eh, depends on the character I guess.

Just for Lucario I do lean on the Brawl one more.

For Smash 4, I got a lot of characters I like more in smash 4 than vice versa.

Browny

Smash Hater
100% sure every lucario player that has come from brawl prefers brawl lucario
High aura SH fair - dair - DJ dair - nair on shields was the greatest thing ever. Brawl Lucario had probably the easiest and safest shield poke in the game... and it killed! Tornado doesnt count because it didnt poke shields reliably, it was just safe.

If smash 4 Lucario had that I'd use him, I could just never get over the fact that he lost his shield pressure.

Last edited:

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
High aura SH fair - dair - DJ dair - nair on shields was the greatest thing ever. Brawl Lucario had probably the easiest and safest shield poke in the game... and it killed! Tornado doesnt count because it didnt poke shields reliably, it was just safe.

If smash 4 Lucario had that I'd use him, I could just never get over the fact that he lost his shield pressure.
For the longest time I thought DJ dair was named after you.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><

I can't get over how ****ty his jab is now

Or that you can't sh fair dair dair

Or that you can't full hop fair up a platform and fastfall phase through it for sick platform pressure

Or fair > bair

Or reliably AA with uptilt

Or abuse grab armor to raise aura while keeping an advantage state

Or soft landing with Extremespeed on platforms

I could go on forever

God now I'm getting nostalgic about how in 2008 people would run into double fsmash all the time because the low Cooldown :(

Last edited:

Croi

Smash Lord
It was called Kings of Hali, and it was the largest regional in history. I didn't use Lucario unfortunately, but I was just so happy that I won that I hard to share it. I used Bayonetta in pools and Duck Hunt in bracket.

If you want to check it out, here are the vods.

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
I won a 94-man regional. Thanks for listening.
Caught the last 3 sets, glad to see a Corrin didn't win!

Curious, if you like playing trap setup characters, why are you not rolling with villager?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I can't get over how ****ty his jab is now

Or that you can't sh fair dair dair

Or that you can't full hop fair up a platform and fastfall phase through it for sick platform pressure

Or fair > bair

Or reliably AA with uptilt

Or abuse grab armor to raise aura while keeping an advantage state

Or soft landing with Extremespeed on platforms

I could go on forever

God now I'm getting nostalgic about how in 2008 people would run into double fsmash all the time because the low Cooldown :(
Reliable kill confirm though. I also need to study SHIELD DI a bit more...

(Shh I'm trying to suppress the denial of how awesome Brawlcario was, so I don't get depressed about Smash 4 Luc.)

Top Bottom