• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I am starting to think we can do some silly stuff with FTilt hit 1. If we put someone in enough hitstun with it that they are forced to land we may get a frame advantage.

Both hits of FTilt have a harder time linking if we pivot it...

Time to test some stuff when I get home.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
I am starting to think we can do some silly stuff with FTilt hit 1. If we put someone in enough hitstun with it that they are forced to land we may get a frame advantage.

Both hits of FTilt have a harder time linking if we pivot it...

Time to test some stuff when I get home.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the 2nd hit of ftilt have longer range than the first regardless of pivoting?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the 2nd hit of ftilt have longer range than the first regardless of pivoting?
You can time it where only the first hit will hit unless they DI into the second hit. When you pivot it do FTilt when Lucario is about to pass the character, but doesn't. Then you will hit with just the first part of FTilt.

We could possibly use it to UTilt after the opponent uses their second jump...

Not seeing anything guaranteed though. We really need two people to test this. Unless if someone has a turbo controller to mash jump with. If they can't jump out of it if done correctly right above the ground we may get a grab or UTilt.

Lange

Smash Journeyman
Hey all just wanted to say hello and say I've decided to use Lucario as a main/secondary besides Rosalina and Bowser. He's the best character to suit my playstyle in the game outside of those characters. Been frustrated that I couldn't really find a viable secondary outside of Rosalina and had played Lucario in brawl and gave him a shot again. He's more viable overall than bowser I think being smaller faster and other attributes that make him play kind of like a heavy which probably felt good to me. Competitively with more practice and research think he will be good for me. Used him in bracket matches in my area with good potential and I'm excited.

Will be trying to participate in the boards more here and researching the character here and discussing. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I have to say that Lucario is really underrated and it's neat to be discovering his potential and learning more about him.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So how often do people break shields with Lucario? Just curious since I did my first one this past weekend at a tourney. A benefit from no one knowing the matchup I suppose....

Last edited:

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
Olimar players are few and far between, but most are freaking good. I played one a few days ago that I had to really watch. Out of 5 matches I won 4 while he was Olimar, so I think I'm getting better at this MU. He then switched to DK for our 6th after I 2-tocked him in our 5th. He spiked me in our last stocks but I managed to make it back while he was taunting (lol). I then proceeded to juggle him for a while and then landed an ASC-dropped jump-cancled U-smash for the win. I don't normally taunt unless I pull of a trick kill, a huge come back, or my opponent's being cocky, but I taunted then dash-danced during the star KO animation =P
So how often do people break shields with Lucario?
I've done it about 3 or 4 times in 1v1, and a lot more in 2v2 (though I have my team mates to thank for that because without them, odds are their shield wouldn't have been broken so easily =P)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's fun, I promise. You can trust me.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
I love walking up to people and doing lucario's side taunt.

It's hilarious when he puts his adorable wittle paw in their face <3 (right before he beats them down). There needs to be a seperate metagame centered around lucario's taunts or something. :4lucario:

:006:

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
I love walking up to people and doing lucario's side taunt.

It's hilarious when he puts his adorable wittle paw in their face <3 (right before he beats them down). There needs to be a seperate metagame centered around lucario's taunts or something
Once in a 2v2 on For Glory I was recovering near the end of the match, and aid-dodged right as Ike unleashed a fully charged F-smash. I managed to cling onto the wall just under the ledge and he and Marth both jumped down there to get me, but I jumped off and f-air'd Ike, dodging Marth's d-air, and landing on the stage. Marth ended up SD-ing and I did Luky's side-taunt right as Ike landed back on stage. He then proceeded to SD 3 times =P

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That's probably the same expression the person will have after their shield breaks, followed by a few choice words.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lucario hat too good.

Last edited:

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that ZSS is probably our worst matchup, UAir -> UpB kills have never looked so easy since Smash 64 Falcon.

Neiroa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Neiroa
There was so much hype when you won against Fallen (and also Nakat), people in the chat were so surprised.
Too bad you have not reached the top 8, it would have been so cool (I also felt bad for your SD).

Kami will you go to EVO too?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that ZSS is probably our worst matchup, UAir -> UpB kills have never looked so easy since Smash 64 Falcon.
That's just ZSS doing ZSS stuff.

Anyways, you did good Kami. Probably not as good as you had hoped but you impressed everyone regardless. Truly.

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
That's just ZSS doing ZSS stuff.

Anyways, you did good Kami. Probably not as good as you had hoped but you impressed everyone regardless. Truly.
I didnt expect to get near that far and im somewhat satisfied on my placing just not with how i went out, was really disappointed.

There was so much hype when you won against Fallen (and also Nakat), people in the chat were so surprised.
Too bad you have not reached the top 8, it would have been so cool (I also felt bad for your SD).

Kami will you go to EVO too?
I cant this time + my controller is banned even though it causes no problems lol

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nah, most people had faith you would get out of pools. Sucks you did SD, no one wants to lose that way, but it doesn't diminish what you accomplished.

Last edited:

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
If Steam can beat m2k, then perhaps Kami can defeat ZeRo lol.

sparkaura

Smash Apprentice
I didnt expect to get near that far and im somewhat satisfied on my placing just not with how i went out, was really disappointed.

I cant this time + my controller is banned even though it causes no problems lol
You did an amazing job despite that SD. Grats on your placement!

Lange

Smash Journeyman
Congrats to Kami for making it so far at CEO and representing Lucario so well. I was really excited great work !

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
Are any of his matches up on youtube yet? I couldn't catch the stream because I can only access stuff through my phone. D:

PKSeedFlare

Smash Rookie
Are any of his matches up on youtube yet? I couldn't catch the stream because I can only access stuff through my phone. D:
Vgcbootcamp will probably upload the matches sooner or later if I had to guess. :p But doesn't the new Twitch app allow to watch archived stuff on your phone? It does for me at least.

Last edited:

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations to Kami from here too! Inspiring to see you placing so well at such a stacked tournament, you can definitely proud if it despite the somewhat unfortunate way you went out. I'll look forward seeing your name pop up at other majors too!

...blargh, I wish I could attend all these big tournaments too. I'll be sure to put in some serious work and wreck some names at next year's Apex at least!

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
Vgcbootcamp will probably upload the matches sooner or later if I had to guess. :p But doesn't the new Twitch app allow to watch archived stuff on your phone? It does for me at least.
Yeah I think they do but I too lazy to free up some memory to download it and search through the 11 hour video.

Eh whatever, it's completely worth it.

Croi

Smash Lord
They should buff Double Team next patch so that the hitbox activates faster. It's a load of bull**** that every other counter will confirm immediately but DT can be blocked.

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
By the power of kami, I command this thread to be alive!

Also, I still hate smashboards. >=\

Top Bottom