• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Yeah, I've tried that but Dair's animation is too long, and once it's finished there's no chance to Nair
We have jab locks with baby Aura Sphere via footstool to whiffed DAir to BAS. For example on ROB we lock him with FAir to footstool to whiffed DAir to Baby Aura Sphere at lower %. Landing NAir would have less end lag compared to firing a baby Aura Sphere. If NAir locks work it may give us more options. Heck we may be able to get a FSmash off if it works... If so then that may be a new kill confirm.

I would also like to test Force Palm flame tip, BAir, butt hitbox of UAir, and perhaps even first hit of DAir for jab lock potential.

If I recall correctly Aura Sphere does 11 frames of hitstun at same stock at 0%, depending on position we may be able to have a jab lock setup at 0%, which would be amazing for combos.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
If anyone has time could someone please check jab locks when the opponent is at 0 and Lucario is at 35, 70, 100, 150, and 190 for NAir both hits and baby Aura Sphere? If we can lead to jab locks with footstools...

I wonder if we have 0 death combos. it is not too hard to UThrow to FAir and if their DI is bad... That stock could be sealed at that point. So much potential, but could soneone please help lab this?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
What should we talk about then...? I can talk about floof or meta.

Also when Summer hits I propose that the title becomes "Aura Dog Days of Summer".

I would be more active, but I need some lab assistants for Lucario meta. A full-time job makes it a little hard to want to meta at the end of the day.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu do you know anyone in the back room that'd potentially help us with checking jab lock combos and kill setups involving NAir or baby ASC for the jab lock.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Also when Summer hits I propose that the title becomes "Aura Dog Days of Summer".

I would be more active, but I need some lab assistants for Lucario meta. A full-time job makes it a little hard to want to meta at the end of the day.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu do you know anyone in the back room that'd potentially help us with checking jab lock combos and kill setups involving NAir or baby ASC for the jab lock.
You would be better off asking that more publicly with where you found it first to be frank.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay

Just make a list of all the stuff u want labbed and I will try to look in to it.

:150:

Croi

Smash Lord
Why is Lucario so gosh-darn cute?

Post your gosh-darn cutest SFW Lucario pics

edit: or don't, I don't own you

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Y2Kay Y2Kay thanks bro.

The thing that's really on my mind right now is how high of % and who we can pull off footstool jab lock combos on with NAir or Baby Aura Sphere.

I know in training mode Lucario v. Lucario at 103 or 104 jab locks with baby Aura Sphere, anything higher and the jab lock doesn't work.

If we could continue FAir to footstool to empty DAir to NAir (at low to mid %) or baby Aura Sphere and repeat we might have some devastating combos we don't know about.

@redcometchar posted this in another thread, but imagine if something like that or similar worked at higher Aura... I wonder if we have any 0-deaths with this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8SzWwLx-XU

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
Even the Lucario Social on the Pokken Tournament forum is also inactive. Sigh.

Anyways, here's a Lucario figurine I purchased and owned since April 1st.
20160624_023724.jpg

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I propose that we call people Labradors who lab Lucario.

It has been quiet lately here, what have you guys been up to?

I also have next week off if someone wants to spar.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I am here to announce that I gone to my first Xanadu and made it to round 4 before getting bopped!

The Aura Knight

Smash Rookie
Since there hasn't been much activity, I kind of wanted to ask a Smash 4 question. Do you guys know any ways of getting a jab lock with Lucario? I seen the video with using a F-air to footstool then either N-air or small Aura Sphere, but in my experience that only works with big characters. Do you guys know any good ways of getting into a Lucario jab lock?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Lucario's Jab Locks are underlabbed.

At same stock Lucario's Aura Sphere makes the sucking sound at 139, behind one stock 109, behind two stocks 79, and ahead one stock 169.

Top Bottom