• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Metagame Discussion

D. Disciple

Smash Master
We're going to do MK on the 26th, since I want to participate in the discussion. This sunday, pick a character. First one to get mentioned 5 times from separate people wins.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
i guess if you really want to simplify it.

I didn't say anything other than wario's bike is a true momentum cancel as opposed to pikachu's side-b. I didn't say when it was effective.

whatevs. we agree

I don't just do it to you. I do it to all researchers. mainly because the group is a joke to me. the only requirement to join is to have AR, which I think is bull****.

you can do research with frames. yay. but do you guys actually know how things work? or why? (without actually being in the smash lab). I know I do. and in fact

I have been invited to be in the smash lab 2x.

but guess what? they took back their offer to me because they found out I don't have AR.

f-smash constantly. you win and you'll laugh
AR? What's that?

I'll admit that I'm probably not as good at this stuff as say Ver1l or rPS1 (antinamesearch), but I do earnestly learn and pick up on things, plus I help people understand what stuff is and bother to go fetch stuff when I don't know what it is. Just the other day, I was teaching RJ how to interpret the frame data, and showed him how there's IBCs (or invincible bone collisions) on things like Fox's usmash.

I'm glad to know we got the Wario thing cleared. I also want to note that on the previous thing you called out on, it was me forgetting who I was talking about, not because I genuinely didn't know why bowser had air release -> uair on jiggs.

We're definitely newer, so we don't have as much precedence and refinement as other groups as the BBR, and even then they get a lot of flak. So yeah, we don't know everything, but the biggest thing that makes us who we are is because we care enough to find out and do more of that crunching and data. Imo the founding principle of this group was to have people collaborate and work together on stuff, and pull knowledge from all our heads and memory to help pitch in on a bigger whole. I just happened to be decent at making observations and understanding code, which helps with those who are less familiar.

Speaking of which, I'll have everyone happy to know that since my finals are over, I'll be doing more frame advance testing, which'll be great since I'll be able to finally get all of these specials and ledge options and whatnot out of the way. So we'll finally have more of a legitimate frame data thread :D

If anyone wants to help me or wants to learn how to do frame advance or look at PSA/OSA for the fun of it (or to get some of their own questions answered), leave me a PM/hit me up on AIM.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
dolphin something

:>

honestly you can access brawl frame data EASY VIA

PSA/OSA

and the Frame Advance Code for double checking

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
are you serious? >_>...

action replay.

IDK what it is called in brawl terms but its a program that allows you to access frame data
Ohhhh, that's pretty much the melee term for that.

We call it frame advance. Do you have a Wii that you're willing to modify, because I can give you the code/run-down on how to track/record w/ it.

Means the same thing in the long run though.

Yeah frame advance imo is best for testing smash attacks, shield scenarios, advantages, and the like. btw found out a possible reason why RJ and I have some different numbers from Kinzer. It's a stretch of a hunch, but if it's correct, I don't think Marth's Dolphin Slash should be used as a method for advantage testing anymore. (although I could be possibly wrong and this just be a weird occurance)

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
Ripple is just having a bad day. Though, trolling phil is ***** since he is probably the most helpful in the lucario boards. No offence to anyone.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I've lost some respect for Ripple based on his total cluelessness toward how modding works :<

people lost respect for me when I stopped playing DK.

I'll get over it.

(btw I know how it works, I didn't know the name of it. to used to melee)

Pappy

Smash Apprentice
Are we even still talking about the next char for this Sunday? Somehow seems like it flew off in wind. I'd say either Snake (cuz he IS our worst MU) or ROB (cuz he's tricky with his delays)

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
lets do DDD

I can actually get atomsk to #lucariometa

[we failed at getting ESAM... we failed at getting other character mains... ehhhh]

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
SDI'ing MK's ftilt is so fun...

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
lets do DDD

I can actually get atomsk to #lucariometa

[we failed at getting ESAM... we failed at getting other character mains... ehhhh]
We could always ask Snipa for some pika advice because I know Esam plays Snipa to practice against Lucario. He may know a bit about it.

Browny

Smash Hater
Remind me on irc when this is exactly so I can change the topic title to remind people (and myself) to go to these things (If im awake lol).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Reminder for D3 discussion.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC