• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario is a lot like Mewtwo

MattGaara

Smash Rookie
Has anyone noticed or is it just me:confused:
They are only similar in a few ways. When Mewtwo releases is power sphere, he goes flying back, not Lucario. Lucario's Down B is a counter, Mewtwo's is a stunning move. Their jump and UP B are the only things that are the same.

rayecho

Smash Ace
Mewtwo and Lucario are nothing alike, AT ALL. There moves are different, the way they look are different, and the biggest thing is that Lucario doesn't suck..........in versus. Mewtwo is still awesome.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
If M2 kept most of his moveset the same, he'd be good in brawl with the range and all. Just saying.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Mewtwo and Lucario are nothing alike, AT ALL. There moves are different, the way they look are different, and the biggest thing is that Lucario doesn't suck..........in versus. Mewtwo is still awesome.
How dare ye say such blasphemy, the charge b says everything. Look at the links they are basically the same character are they not, even with slight modifications. Lucario just replaced him, I mean think about it m2 is way more known. How many movies dose lucario have ummm hmm oh one that is it. M2 has like what three and about him only.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
if m2 and lucario are similar, why cant i battlefield people in brawl?

actually

if they're similar, why can i actually beat people with lucario?

Subach

Smash Apprentice
Except for the fact that they have completely different fighting styles and Mewtwo is actually cool, while Lucario is a mangled attempt at cool.

GetSmashedWithTheBros

Smash Apprentice
Listen here you whippersnappers! Back in my day there were 150 pokemon! And then they broke all the rules and added 1 more! It was madness! Now you got you dern kids an' yer new age pokemon runnin' around and screamin' and yellin' about yer Lucarios and whatnot! It's a dern shame, I tell yah, a dern shame!

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
mewtwo forget lucario

They are nothing alike. They have similar colors and a projectile of the same color. m2 has a better one and it occilates making it hard to dodge. they have different jumps for one thing m2 jumps wayyyyy higher. and his teleport makes him invisible . then all theere moves are different. mewtwo is a better character

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I take back most of what I said there, it was based on viewing videos before the game's release and comparing moves. After having played Lucario since Brawl's release, I can tell you he plays absolutely nothing like M2.

quak

Smash Champion
no but apparently everything dguy says is, even though he denounced it

they have tiny vauge similarities in animation, but really, who gives a ****?

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Sorry to inform you, but not everything that comes out of Taj's mouth is fact as you might believe.
Ummm, you're dumb.

TRU FAX! You heard it from Taj.

On a slightly serious note, Lucario and Mewtwo are two different Pokemon that play differently and have a slightly similar neutral B. Anyone that thinks otherwise has some kind of mental disorder that won't let them forget that Mewtwo is not a playable character anymore. I guess they do have another thing in common.

Mewtwo has to work his *** off to get the opponent to a percentage for a guaranteed KO. Lucario has to work his *** off and get his *** KICKED in order to kill someone with virtually no guaranteed KOs with reasonable DI. Hmmmmm...

corpse_humper

Smash Cadet
On a slightly serious note, Lucario and Mewtwo are two different Pokemon that play differently and have a slightly similar neutral B. Anyone that thinks otherwise has some kind of mental disorder that won't let them forget that Mewtwo is not a playable character anymore.
Ganon and CF play very differently yet are still considered clones. It's the same case with Mewtwo and lucario except to a lesser extent. Anyone who insist on not agreeing with this is obviously blind enough not to see the link I posted before. Oh BURN!!!111!!

...meh I have nothing better to do >.>

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I feel way more limited using Lucario than I ever did with M2. Most people would call me crazy for saying M2 is a better character.

Ganon and Falcon are infinitely more similar than Lucario and M2. Lucario and M2 are about as similar as Mario and Wario are.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
I feel way more limited using Lucario than I ever did with M2. Most people would call me crazy for saying M2 is a better character.

Ganon and Falcon are infinitely more similar than Lucario and M2. Lucario and M2 are about as similar as Mario and Wario are.
I wouldn't call you crazy. Mewtwo at least had somewhat guaranteed kills regardless of DI...

corpse_humper

Smash Cadet
I can't help, but responding till my point is proven >.>

Check your link again. I'm the one who wrote it.
Then why do you say that Mewtwo /lucario are similar to Mario/Wario? The evidence is right there and you're the one that wrote it! You can't take back fact. Also, the Ganon/CF example was just to show that different play styles doesn't mean anything when comparing movesets.

Maybe some of you aren't understanding what I'm saying. Yes, I know lucario isn't a clone or luigification, but saying that they are nothing alike is just well...ignorant.

I wouldn't call you crazy. Mewtwo at least had somewhat guaranteed kills regardless of DI...
I'm not really an expert at the sort of thing, but wouldn't brawl physics work in Mewtwo's favor? With what they did to G&W/Zelda/DK, I can't help but feel he would of placed somewhere around high tier yes?

quak

Smash Champion
.... the only reason i came to this thread was for easy flames

but the topic is so overwhelmingly trivial on so many levels that i can't stand it anymore

later

dguy6789

Smash Lord
There isn't any evidence. I wrote a bunch of premature observations based on things I saw in some videos that later turned out to be false.

Top Bottom