• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock/Amarillo: Endangered species...

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Alajandro, i think we should hold off this month from doing a tourney in lubbock and go to the fort worth tourney on April 16th. Im going to be on a short break from brawl until then. Thoughts?

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Alejandro, i think we should hold off this month from doing a tourney in lubbock and go to the fort worth tourney on April 16th. Im going to be on a short break from brawl until then. Thoughts?
Unfortunately, I won't be able to go. I have a conference I am attending for that weekend. :( But yeah, I have no problem holding DMT off til May. It's gonna get nasty as far as class projects/exams/reports and come finals I don't even wanna think about smash.

Yeah, I kind of need to watch my spending habits too. Whobo sure drained my wallet, but I'm slowly getting help from the people who stayed at the hotel with us, thankfully. That's kind of why I decided to skip DMT 6 too, :urg: . I hope you enjoy your break from smash and come back rusty as hell so I can have a shot at the $$ in your wallet. ;)

@Tyson: I don't look that young, jerk!

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
I fully understand you both of your obligations and higher responsibilities, however i don't think you should just not have a tournament period just because you two wouldn't be going. At the very least tell everyone the situation so they know and can run it them selves if they so wish.

Just seemed silly to me to stop everything all together because one or two people. Just my two cents.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I'm thinking of just having a small lubbock tourney, no entry fee like we used to have here. It won't be DMT, just a lubbock local.

edit: Dakpo, how could you forget to send Xyro/Zac the tio file??!!! My life has no meaning now...

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Another thing, how come you tend to be really partial towards no entry free events or tournaments? It's not even a tournament when you do that, more of just a smashfest. If you let people know what it is going to cost, there is no problem in them not having the money to do it.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
It's not that I favor free entry, it's only when we host on campus, we can't charge or we are gambling which is illegal to do at Tech. I like having on campus tournaments only b/c it brings more awareness to our smash community and could in turn help future turnouts.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
I fully understand you both of your obligations and higher responsibilities, however i don't think you should just not have a tournament period just because you two wouldn't be going. At the very least tell everyone the situation so they know and can run it them selves if they so wish.

Just seemed silly to me to stop everything all together because one or two people. Just my two cents.
i agree with you. I just get really discouraged when we have a turn out of 8 people. Kinda makes me ''want to play in traffic.''

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Your the only one who had the TIO file for it for a week. I figured you sent it lol. But its ok, im man enough to send both at the same time :cool:
As I recall correctly, you pm'd me on facebook to send you the tio file the day after DMT 5. So I enailed it b/c I assumed you were sending it to Zac. But I guess it's no time to be pointing fingers and just have whoever saved the file send it in next time. :embarrass:

Don't feel so bad about the turnout Dakpo. It was obvious that Whobo was going to be the "one and only" tourney this month. There was hardly any hype for DMT 6 merely because Whobo took all of it. It's just a part of running tournaments,
sh
it happens...

Dojo

Smash Champion
Yeah it's one of the reasons I'm attempting to do this calendar thing.

Especially with nationals it's good to have a week in between with nothing. Has people itching to play again and more people travel to a single event. With this constant 2 tourneys a week happening it's hard to get more entrants everywhere.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Hey you Lubbock guys, did you happen to have a crazy street preacher on your campus within the past week or two? He's on our campus now, and I heard him mention Lubbock as one of the places he's recently been.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Okgamers? (not my tourney lol) It was alright, pretty fun. Kinda got a ******** bracket, but I've just gotta step it up. Lost to Deezy and Afrotastic, who placed 4th and 5th respectively. Besides them I beat two randoms.
Bassem beat Chuck Nasty in GFs after losing in WFs, and Joshua got third.

Telling everyone we're all going to hell? Yeah, he was here stirring up the Tech crowd. :|
He was giving us lessons in sex ed today, some rant about masturbation being a sin and whatnot.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Dakpo, you gotta appreciate every moment of being in a national and on livestream against the top players in the country, even if it was the most embarrassing match in tournament history.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
I like Trela's dair > jab lock > charged fsmash

And yes, the crowd was amused by the preacher's antics. My favorite quote of his came a little later on, when he said "You take the PENIS, and put it in the VAGINA!"

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, A.R.K. III (NOW featuring Justin Wong, Fubarduck, Lil Majin, and many more great players!) is coming up THIS SATURDAY in Conway, AR! We are expecting at least ~150 people with games such as Melee, Brawl, Project: M, SSF4, BB:CS, Tekken 6, Arcana Heart 3, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and more! Players are coming in from at least California, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Mississippi, Tennessee, Louisiana, and Arkansas!

Note that our tournament is now sponsored by Game On Apparel, Shadaloo.eu, Borderland Games, Broken Tier, and the Bat Cave, which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please post on here or on the official tournament thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298654. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Dakpo, you gotta appreciate every moment of being in a national and on livestream against the top players in the country, even if it was the most embarrassing match in tournament history.
I am all for enjoying yourself ( that is why you play the game ) however it goes back to what i was talking about, you can't be star struck. Who cares if you played against the big dogs and got *****. If anything study it and see what you did wrong. They aren't gods and it isn't a "privilege" to play them, they are just like everybody else.

Oh and funny thread name......... -_-

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
After you have the basics, you can move on to ATs :mistyface:
I know, I lack the basics is all.

I am all for enjoying yourself ( that is why you play the game ) however it goes back to what i was talking about, you can't be star struck. Who cares if you played against the big dogs and got *****. If anything study it and see what you did wrong. They aren't gods and it isn't a "privilege" to play them, they are just like everybody else.

Oh and funny thread name......... -_-
The difference is they win $, but I guess I better just not give a f*ck who they are.. ;)

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Lubbock, if only you can enjoy all the madness that's going on! Go SWF!

This that the forum is better than ever...Friday Rebecca Black Yoshi MK Ganon spike the cypher shuttle loop rest wavedash gayness epic wombo combo mods can't do jack to me dare you soda milk juice drink fight trap love i agree short mexican fat

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
What/whoever prompted you to decide that in the first place deserves to get a 'deal with it' stamp on their forehead.

Edit: Some loser gave this awesome thread a "1". :mad:

Top Bottom