• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
So from this image leak, it's saying we're supposed to get this roster:

yknow what, it's grown on me. it's got two of my top three, all my old favorites stick around, and half the other newcomers are ones i'd enjoy too. and it's all super popular requests, as far as i can tell! my fingers would be crossed for some particular DLC but for the base roster this would be phenomenal. certainly goes along with what Ms. Rogers said about making lots of people happy.

i'm not exactly convinced beyond a doubt, but i'd love to see it be true. as long as ridley's not weighed down by some obnoxious gimmick, anyway

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Posted this a while ago, but it might be worth reposting; I drew a bunch of Metroid characters partaking in 8-player Smash, size be damned.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I always felt Kraid actually was too big lmao. He just looks so goofy when he's small. Ridley's thinner more agile frame is easier for me to see being smaller while also intimidating, imo Kraid needs to be massive to even be the least bit threatening.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well yet another rumor that's doubtful

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...cters/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list

A challenge for the Ridley size makers

This one claims how big Ridley is

Not by much he's taller than bowser and wider than Donkey king.
Another one? And they're all piggybacking off of Vergeben.

Srsly, you can't name the Pokémon newcomer?

I think one of the red flags I see in a lot though is when they say Link's getting a ground up rework. Sakurai can't be bothered to give Ganondorf some canon moves because it would alienate his fans, and I'm supposed to believe that he'll completely change a character who's been around longer?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I always felt Kraid actually was too big lmao. He just looks so goofy when he's small. Ridley's thinner more agile frame is easier for me to see being smaller while also intimidating, imo Kraid needs to be massive to even be the least bit threatening.
Don't worry, that's mini-Kraid.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Another one? And they're all piggybacking off of Vergeben.

Srsly, you can't name the Pokémon newcomer?

I think one of the red flags I see in a lot though is when they say Link's getting a ground up rework. Sakurai can't be bothered to give Ganondorf some canon moves because it would alienate his fans, and I'm supposed to believe that he'll completely change a character who's been around longer?
The piggyback part is all that's required,to say it's fake

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...cters/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list

not so sure about this one, the uncertainty around the pokemon casts some serious doubt imo. at least with the image set the worst thing you can say is that its got no proof.

and i'd have mixed feelings about if it turns out to be real, too. while it does have all three of my top hopes, i'm not as fond of the rest. maybe it's incomplete?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
So I just saw the Made in Abyss anime.

First major threat reminds me of Samus in that she's a woman whose armor gives her ridiculously broad shoulders,

And the villain they're setting up for the next season is literally Sylux.

Halfway hoping for a purple dragon to be the villain for Season 3.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Kraid is actually too big because that's his whole thing, most people's first encounter with Kraid makes them go "oh ****" purely because of his size. Him dwarfing every other Metroid boss is his whole selling point, take that away and he's got nothing.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Kraid is actually too big because that's his whole thing, most people's first encounter with Kraid makes them go "oh ****" purely because of his size. Him dwarfing every other Metroid boss is his whole selling point, take that away and he's got nothing.
Well good we agree. He is some one I vastly prefer as a stage hazard. Just seems wrong to say that all here of all places lmao.

Zeox

Smash Champion

That pokemon part just makes all of this smell like BS... also the account was made just to write that and is just a wall of text without proofs... so, BS.
At least the stock images leak was a fun game of guess what image is what character.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
That pokemon part just makes all of this smell like BS... also the account was made just to write that and is just a wall of text without proofs... so, BS.
At least the stock images leak was a fun game of guess what image is what character.
I feel like someone leaking sensitive info making a throwaway just for the occasion is actually a pretty smart thing to do.

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
I know most of the leaks are probably fake, some of them more than others, but almost all of them put Ridley as a playable character. Did we have something similar in the Smash 4 speculation time? I mean a vast amount of "leaks" hinting at Ridley being playable? I only remember the one about Smash Tower and that's it.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Even though it's likely fake, I'm low key mad that he listed virtually every popular Gen VII Pokemon EXCEPT Lycanroc. Why does everyone forget the rock wolf!?

Funny how this person can confirm that every character is returning and can go into great detail explaining which newcomers we'll be getting, but somehow has no idea if BotW Zelda is in the game.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I know most of the leaks are probably fake, some of them more than others, but almost all of them put Ridley as a playable character. Did we have something similar in the Smash 4 speculation time? I mean a vast amount of "leaks" hinting at Ridley being playable? I only remember the one about Smash Tower and that's it.
Pre smash 4 everyone and their dog was making leaks, similar as to now. Some had Ridley playable, some didn't. The big one that ended up being real unfortunately didn't include him. But people still fight over that leak, somehow.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Even though it's likely fake, I'm low key mad that he listed virtually every popular Gen VII Pokemon EXCEPT Lycanroc. Why does everyone forget the rock wolf!?

Funny how this person can confirm that every character is returning and can go into great detail explaining which newcomers we'll be getting, but somehow has no idea if BotW Zelda is in the game.

Not me I know the rock wolf is more possible than decidueye

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
hehe, didnt one of those leaks said you could play with boss ridley or stuff like that? XD

if the verg leak is real... i dont know if i will be able to speculate any longer... smash 4 already introduced all of my most wanted "tier2" newcomers, and verg leak introduces my "tier1" newcomers... probably i will root a little for shovel knight and solaire, but im getting to my "tier 3" newcomers list, and dunno if im that interested.

Verg leak would make the roster literally perfect for me DX

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I think a huge difference between these leaks vs the leaks from Sm4sh is that some of the leaks concerning Ridley are actually from reputable leakers. Vergeben’s track record is spotty at best, but he still has been proven to have sources in the past. Now due to his spotty record he could very well be wrong, but then you also have Restera Admins and other people in that circle teasing it HARD. Not to mention you have Emily Rodger’s teasing kind of connects to Vergeben’s leaks (She said that there’ll be very little cuts if any cuts at all which ties into Vergeben’s leaks). There’s definitely a lot of piggyback fake leaks, but the amount of reputable leakers teasing it is definitely much different than the Sm4sh “leaks”.

Ridley being in Smash 5 is far from confirmed as I’ve said before, but he definitely has much more of a chance than he did before.

Zeox

Smash Champion
When smash 5 was announcent, I didn't have any hopes for ridley, but now I feel he have a bigger chance that the one he got in smash4.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
That imgur list is pretty much perfect, and while I think they are all plausible choices, I have no reason to believe it. I also highly doubt that we will go another Smash without a Zelda/Kirby newcomer.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
When smash 5 was announcent, I didn't have any hopes for ridley, but now I feel he have a bigger chance that the one he got in smash4.
You can't be serious

The leak convinced you he's possible

The only reason Ridley is possible is the villager scenario and we know sakurai has done that a lot and also that ballot may show him despite what he said they are never going to let Ridley go.

Zeox

Smash Champion
You can't be serious

The leak convinced you he's possible

The only reason Ridley is possible is the villager scenario and we know sakurai has done that a lot and also that ballot may show him despite what he said they are never going to let Ridley go.
No, not the leak, Metroid prime 4 and samus returns and the possibility of the ballot.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Ned Ballad from Resetera brought this to my attention.

Click and read through the whole thing. If nothing else it's interesting and will give you more perspective.

Of all the potential Smash Bros related leaks that are out there right now the most credible one is about a playable Ridley. Keep your fingers crossed!

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
What fake leaks makes me is rethink in the chances a character have, if there are 5 leaks and they all say that ridley is playable, it makes me wonder what really are the chances of that character in being into the game.
I was sure that a new fire emblem character would be playable before, but seeing leaks without a new FE makes me rethink about it, maybe Sakurai thinks he added too many FE characters in smash4 so this time there will be no new FE character.
Don't believe in leaks, but think about them and why would they put those characters and what are really the chances of those characters.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
hehe, didnt one of those leaks said you could play with boss ridley or stuff like that? XD

if the verg leak is real... i dont know if i will be able to speculate any longer... smash 4 already introduced all of my most wanted "tier2" newcomers, and verg leak introduces my "tier1" newcomers... probably i will root a little for shovel knight and solaire, but im getting to my "tier 3" newcomers list, and dunno if im that interested.

Verg leak would make the roster literally perfect for me DX
Verg leak would make it pretty much perfect for me too, although I still have some incredibly unlikely characters I'd love to see (Remilia Scarlet from Touhou anyone? And yes, I know that even if we got a Touhou rep it'd be Marisa or Reimu, which I both do not particularly like... but everyone can have their one "impossible" status hope, right?).

Hmm, now that I'm thinking about it, I still really want Gunvolt from Azure Striker Gunvolt. But Ridley trumps all.

Off-Topic, is your Avatar from Rozen Maiden or am I seeing things?

Last edited:

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
Again taking information from the general discussion thread (I'll put the tweet link)
https://twitter.com/RelaxAlax/status/1001288671713116160
Looks like Alax has info about the roster and he mentions Long Time Fan Favorites making it into the playable roster.
From what everyone is discussing looks like this is our most believable leak at the moment. Ohhh boy the hype is real, "Long time Fan Favorites" makes me think 100% in Ridley and K. Rool and he also states that the wild ones are gonna be really... wild.
Maybe I am overhyping so I'll try to keep it cool until E3 confirms/unconfirms Ridley
2nd Edit.- If someone has reasons to prove it is more fake than true please go ahead because I don't want to set my expectations too high

Last edited:

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
It's kind of insane.
Unlike Smash 4, we have multiple people backing up the rumor of Ridley being playable in Smash Switch. In Smash 4, the only thing I really remember was that "Tower of Smash" leak, and that was really more something that just popped up on 4chan. As was said before, Vergeben has gotten some things right and some things wrong. If it was him alone, I'd be much more skeptical. But there's the fact that multiple people are vouching on the playable Ridley thing. And out of all of the rumors, "playable Ridley" is actually the most consistent one claimed.
Never thought that would ever be the day.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
The backing up of the Ridley rumors is so comforting. I'm trying not to go into E3 necessarily expecting him, but it's a fun hype.

I do have to say, that if a lot of these YouTube/admins sources are correct, but they weren't reffering to Ridley with the "big" and "huge" teases, I'll be pissed. That's just mean spirited.

Zeox

Smash Champion
The backing up of the Ridley rumors is so comforting. I'm trying not to go into E3 necessarily expecting him, but it's a fun hype.

I do have to say, that if a lot of these YouTube/admins sources are correct, but they weren't reffering to Ridley with the "big" and "huge" teases, I'll be pissed. That's just mean spirited.
Make a list with all the names and if it ends up being fake, we send them some real life metroids to suck their lifes.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
In Smash 4, the only thing I really remember was that "Tower of Smash" leak, and that was really more something that just popped up on 4chan.
Smash 4 was more about theories than leaks for us :
-The teases about the Pyrosphere,
-The size of Ridley's shadow,
-The trophy theory.

Until the gematsu leak picked up some speed, it was pretty much as usual for the smash fanbase, leaks about any characters you could think of.

Doesn't help that there's really nothing to talk about other than leaks putting extra attention on them in the process since we know nothing about the game, there's no dojo to keep us busy, everything that could be talked about Ridley has been said already and the game release in less than 7 months at most.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Again taking information from the general discussion thread (I'll put the tweet link)
https://twitter.com/RelaxAlax/status/1001288671713116160
Looks like Alax has info about the roster and he mentions Long Time Fan Favorites making it into the playable roster.
From what everyone is discussing looks like this is our most believable leak at the moment. Ohhh boy the hype is real, "Long time Fan Favorites" makes me think 100% in Ridley and K. Rool and he also states that the wild ones are gonna be really... wild.
Maybe I am overhyping so I'll try to keep it cool until E3 confirms/unconfirms Ridley
2nd Edit.- If someone has reasons to prove it is more fake than true please go ahead because I don't want to set my expectations too high
There's another twitter user named Zachary I believe he said "youtubers e getting info on smash"

And I would post a link but it's gone...ooooh boy

IronTed

Smash Ace
It would be funny if Alax knew that Ridley will be revealed at E3. Considering his Ridley video from last time, if Ridley gets announced, you could say Alax made that video 4 years too early.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's definitely the most attention Ridley has ever gotten from any notable leaks/rumors, there was that extension of the real leak at the end of Smash 4 speculation, the one that the Tower of Smash leak was copying, but even that was still just a 4chan post from some unknown guy, it relied solely on mentioning Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr before it was accepted that their leak was the real deal. Brawl never had him in any leaks that were worth pointing out.

It's still not much we have to go off of, nobody other than the patchy Vergeben has really dared to go out there and directly state that he's in, others merely teasing him is an easy thing for them to backtrack on, but even 50/50 is a better hand to have been dealt than what we've gotten in the past.

Last edited:

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
It's definitely the most attention Ridley has ever gotten from any notable leaks/rumors, there was that extension of the real leak at the end of Smash 4 speculation, the one that the Tower of Smash leak was copying, but even that was still just a 4chan post from some unknown guy, it relied solely on mentioning Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr before it was accepted that their leak was the real deal. Brawl never had him in any leaks that were worth pointing out.

It's still not much we have to go off of, nobody other than the patchy Vergeben has really dared to go out there and directly state that he's in, others merely teasing him is an easy thing for them to backtrack on, but even 50/50 is a better hand to have been dealt than what we've gotten in the past.
We certainly have more hope to go on than the days of Brawl and Smash 4.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503

Probably because the only one that seems likely is the version Asshat got, which is a quadruped, and everybody seems to be against the latter idea. Nevermind that's a really ridiculously cheap "two characters for the price of one" slot, since Midday's rock collar to Dusk's rock pompadour shouldn't be enough change to warrant a cloning, four feet bad. And I want Golisopod (for some reason), but doubting that'll happen either.

BotW Zelda more likely than assumed. She and Link tend to end up getting new textures based on whatever their current game is; you'll see the BotW look, but not necessarily a total retool of abilities...

Top Bottom